Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
Banana Fish should have a siren imo

that, Cells at Work, and the Jaeger vampire thing are all I'm initially picking out for now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
adding Tsukumogami Kashimasu to my maybe list since it sounds like my kind of thing (supernatural/historic/slice of life)

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

Linnaeus posted:

How's the Muhyo & Roji manga? The synopsis sounds cool.

I read the first chapter and didn't like the dynamic between the two leads because the tone of the jokes seemed really mean-spirited so I didn't read any more of it.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
It feels like a light season to me (as did last season) mostly because instead of like a dozen shows I potentially will like and want to watch there are 2-3 stand-outs and a whole bunch of stuff I have zero interest in, which tbh is probably an easier season for me to actually keep up with and not be overwhelmed so I don't mind. I suppose it's really more like a *normal* season for me since the ones where I want to watch literally all the shows are fairly rare but have been more frequent recently because it feels like the audience(s) I fall into are getting more attention lately.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

AnacondaHL posted:

The fact that ADTRW pointed it out to explicity say to avoid it amongst all the other easily avoidable shows any season, without explanation and contrast to general reviews of it, makes me curious enough to verify.

A bunch of people saying wow this is repulsive + that description is pretty self-evident imo

if a dozen people tell you "that bag is full of poo poo and it stinks, don't open it" and the bag itself has THIS IS A BAG OF poo poo printed on it, would you still need to open it and take a big whiff before you figured out it was full of poo poo?

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

Meme Emulator posted:

Opening that bag of poo poo is human nature and I dont doubt for an instant that 50% of the people on this forum would put thier head inside and take a check.

lol, fair enough

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
I don't really have any issue passing judgement on a piece of media based on summaries/artwork/opinions of people I trust without having to watch it though, and I know a lot of folks are the complete opposite. It's usually less "this is a stinker" and more "this is probably not a thing I'm gonna like" but some things are clearly bad in ways that are evident with only the most passing scrutiny so I don't see why I should waste time confirming what I already am like 99% sure of.

The times that I've tried to give things the benefit of the doubt and watched or read them generally have reinforced my initial judgement, although a few notable ones have surprised me by being bad in different and worse ways than I expected lol

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
they can't form a giant dong + the rest of the body, it's one or the other

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

Sharkopath posted:

Last season was a very good one all based on women writers in horror, the few seasons before it were very not good and I still have screencaps from the insnaley dumb oogah booyah monsters they tried to jumpscsre the audience with

I watched some of the first season and it was fun. So seasons 1-2 and 5 are worth watching then?

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

chumbler posted:

Hopefully nobody, and it gets cancelled.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
cells at work is cute and silly, not sure how long I'll stay interested in it though

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
I think I maybe missed the window for liking it since I bounced off pretty hard.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
we have had this conversation before and I don't particularly care for how you insist everyone will like things just because you do. I read roughly 10 chapters which was extremely generous and imo if it takes longer than that to get moving then i'm not going to be interested anyway.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
I'm curious about the kyoto holmes show

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

SatoshiMiwa posted:

They added in the cast of High Speed and introduced a bunch of new characters as well. If you haven't seen the High Speed movie you will probably end up lost as most of this episode is about introducing those characters.

Gonna be interesting to see if Free can handle this large of cast

good to know, I am currently only about halfway through S2 and thought that was all I needed to finish to be current for S3

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

so is sirius not streaming anywhere?

netflix got it I think?

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

the thing about fanservice is that you don't mind it so much when you are the fan being serviced

basically

it's still a novelty to me to get some sort of fanservice that is like laser-targeted at things I like but that is happening more and more recently and is very good

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
:yeah:

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

nope

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

Alder posted:

What's your income?

I've always wondered if they did arranged marriages irl compared to all the shows. Like wouldn't it be simple just to cancel unless you are in a drama.

are you the dude or the lady in this scenario since that would probably have some impact

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
that looks really good but also I saw the hammer so that means he's creeping on a girl and ugh, i'm just not up for that kind of nonsense anymore

i know it's like, a huge part of his character but maybe some stuff needs to be left in the 80s

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

Mr. Fowl posted:

Do they have any kind of dress code? Could Batou just show up for work, sans pants, and go about his business?

applying the Major's every day work outfit to the rest of the team would be a big improvement to the show

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2018-08-08/yarichin-bitch-bu-boys-love-ova-2nd-promo-video-streamed/.135234

DO NOT watch this PV at work !!!

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
I binged 1-6 of Angels of Death and it was overall pretty meh. I liked when Zack and Ray were being silly together and it really needs more of that. Floor B4 was just tedious, where the previous two were ridiculous but things moved quickly. Also the OP and ED suck.

idk if I'll binge to the end when the season is over, I'm definitely not engaged enough to follow week to week (plus I kinda looked up the game to see if the plot was really as obvious as it looked and welp that seems to be a yes)

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
I'm liking Sirius the Jaeger a lot. I'm 4 episodes in at the moment (about to watch 5) and it's still holding up, although I'd like to get more development on the rest of the Jaeger team now that Yuily's backstory is out.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
Yeah the vampire elders and that guy's entourage were a fun change of pace. I'm enjoying the period setting as well and man the sound, like when Yuily is fighting and poo poo hits his staff, or that elevator scene.

e: I kinda feel like this show is what Kabaneri was hyped up to be but let everyone down as far as mood, action, production, etc. I'm cautiously hopefully it'll hold up through the season.

Everything Burrito fucked around with this message at 23:18 on Aug 12, 2018

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

Alder posted:

Cheers another cute cat anime after She & Her Cat :3:

I read the manga a while ago and it's adorable.

:yeah: it's super cute!

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
I beg to differ, cats will kill things for you because the cat knows you're going to starve without help

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

Ranzear posted:

Who is this mystical 'everyone' supposed to be? :colbert:

Kabaneri was perfectly dumb-as-poo poo when it needed to be. I yelled 'Suplex the train!' and he did. I wasn't let down.

I suppose I'll pick Sirius up just because such a comparison was made.

tbh I didn't watch past the first episode but iirc the general reaction was that folks were pretty hype for it and then it didn't hold up compared to how it was expected to, from what i remember from that season's thread.

To go back to an earlier post, Yuily's arc is well-trodden territory yes but they don't really have to do anything special to make it work, just tell it well and make sure the characters are engaging and for me they're doing ok with that so far.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

Expect My Mom posted:

is there a gas leak in this board? Is everyone doing okay?

sorry that was me, i had taco bell last night

e: I haven't watched Banana Fish yet but from what I know about the manga (mostly plot summary & the ending) and also that it's about gay people and was written in the 80s it's tragedy all the way down so I'd kinda expect it to be a downer. That's a big reason why I haven't gotten started on it yet.

Everything Burrito fucked around with this message at 16:15 on Aug 18, 2018

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
Viz needs to put out a digital version because I don't have room for 19 volumes of manga and the scans online are horrible.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
Being more of an action/adventure thing is why I really enjoy Border btw

also sorry to be dismissive of it because i haven't read it so i was making a lot of assumptions

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
How did I miss this news!?

Hey Your Cat Ears are Showing is getting an anime: http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2018/08/24-1/chinese-web-manga-hey-your-cat-ears-are-showing-gets-tv-anime
https://twitter.com/comic_natalie/status/1032827114242756608

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

Alder posted:

I support cat bfs.

another group finally picked it up to continue translating also

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
omg I'm dying at the "they're just friends"

I think your wormhole theory is correct sharky

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
who's hype *raises hand*

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8KYlsjqmoj4

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

Wark Say posted:

Is this the one that's like a Gaiden to Tiger & Bunny or it's just a project with some of the same personnel? It looks really rad. :dance:

same setting iirc

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
I can't get ANN to load at the moment but yikes and RIP, respectively

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
going on record that i'm not gonna watch the bl show because i'm so tired of the lovely rape ones getting adaptions instead of actual good stories

I've been deliberately not reading the manga for that one so gently caress the anime too.

• Locked thread