Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

the subs for hakumiko were also notoriously bad. there was someone doing episode breakdowns on reddit and some episodes had upwards of 50 errors/bad tl choices

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

yeah they've already announced a starlight revue mobage lol, bushiroad is powerful

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

all the promo material gives me the impression it's saya no uta but with lesbians

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i mean i think Backstreet Girls is awful from a premise standpoint but you could find people in a bunch of places condemning Magical Girl Ore based on its premise too, which didn't carry through to the show being bad

so i can understand people giving stuff a shot despite misgivings or murmurs based on supposition

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

do they lose their dicks, or do they just have huge dongs hidden inside their bodies

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

the dong titan, a titan formed from all the dongs the other titans don't have

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i liked yamishibai 3 because they had some cool monster designs. i fell off after that but i think 4 was the one with live action segments? honestly i appreciate the they bother to change up the formula at all even if their track record is mixed.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i think there's a handful of goofy stuff in early seasons so the monster stuff didn't bother me outside of it being such a single minded focus, whereas other seasons vary between all sorts of horror stories. the only standout episode i would say is the bathhouse one, though

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

watch the movies, they look great and have amazing music

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Endorph posted:

it's not based on a vn, but novels. nasu wrote the novels while he was still in high school and the films have a lot of editing and changes, some nasu pitched and some ufotable pitched to him, to make it less 'i wrote this in high school.' so the movies are pretty much the definitive version. I think the manga mostly follows the movies and theres some great art in the manga (its by a touken ranbu doujin artist that blatantly wants Shiki to kabedon them, which I am extremely here for), but I'm not sure it's fully scanlated.

Actually it might still be running.

I'd want this shiki to kabedon me too

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

https://twitter.com/pkjd818/status/1013381587235295235

so the yuri on ice film finally has a release window and kv, this teaser video is just showing it off w/ some viktor VO and a screaming crowd of fans. i'll be more optimistic about it once they give a real date because uh, only a couple months ago it sounded like there was zero progress on the production

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Lemon-Lime posted:

Does Aguu have an actual PV with footage of the show? The premise makes it seem like it might be a magical girl show but the promo art doesn't look like that at all, and I couldn't find a trailer or anything showing actual animation.

the second pv came out like a week ago

https://youtu.be/h0eNlKZt8N0

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i question the homoeroticism of making GBS threads in a toilet tank

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Sakurazuka posted:

Is Banana Fish streaming anywhere?

Amazon

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i don't think anyone cared to push for sirens on stuff, for whatever reason

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

LBH is just a really well-liked manga that never got an anime. apparently there were some rumors that Gainax was going to animate it around the time PSG was starting production? i've not heard much about that though

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

considering the presence of demons, I'm guessing jashin-chan dropkick

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

so azazel-san but cuter?

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i feel like a lot of the topical stuff in this new Lupin is just kinda there for some shallow relevancy (that it doesn't need), and the show is also exacerbating the issues of part 4's overarching story/Rebecca, but yeah both Ami's interrogation of Lupin's relationships and Albert being introduced are really interesting explorations of the characters that haven't been done in what i've seen of past Lupin.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Srice posted:

Getting song translations up is historically, a gigantic pain in the rear end that involves waiting too long for people on the music side of the deal to sign off on approvals and whatnot

Music license agreements are the worstttt

at least for starlight revue, they seem to have lyric rights, but decided to only sub the songs with romaji

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

also the subs in general are being done by a translator who had hundreds of errors in their scripts for HakuMiko. unsure if their other shows were as bad but the whole situation had pushed me firmly to waiting for fansubs of the show

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i'm glad they've gone on the record about it, since this stuff usually passes with zero transparency. would've preferred they wait until that stuff was available but i know other people have the Netflix style release :shrug:

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

the coaches having comedy bits about groping the athletes doesn't seem interesting in any way imo

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

there's definitely stuff out there that seriously confronts some issues of sports, though i've no idea how much gets animated. battery covered bullying, pressure to succeed, and the toxicity/backbiting with competitive sports during puberty, though it was far from a perfect show (makes me wonder about the source material tbh). gurazeni was also pretty matter-of-fact about the impersonal nature of professional sports but couched it in a lighter and kinda self-deprecating tone. one outs took a similar angle as gurazeni but cranked it up to having just a straight up evil money-grubbing manager and outside of that is mostly a game theory series.

major is the main series i'm curious about with this stuff since it covers an entire athletic career from childhood to the pros, which seems ripe for at least some sideplots on darker stuff.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

it's a good delay because it's killing the lovely transphobe anime

and the fansubs for sirius seem fine, no idea on hsg

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

https://twitter.com/pkjd818/status/1024868850007826434?s=19

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

it has plenty of gore so i'm not even sure what this post is

anyways please make a dr stone anime in roughly a year when the science kingdom war arc concludes

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i liked arise because it put the major in a bunch of b movies except she was a baby disaster bisexual. had they actually been treated like that in terms of continuity it would probably gel better for me, though i'd be a bit embarrassed for the hypothetical older major who still works with a section 9 who saw her that low.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

the one to look forward to is slimedad

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

death of the seiyuu

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

tonegawa is good if you like workplace comedies aimed at middle aged men

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

chyuu

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Beatless season 2: a recap of s1

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

opm is dead

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i wouldn't blame ponoc for yonebayashi making another lame movie, but modest heroes will be the real test

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

the harping is because the show leads with slavery and lots of people are not going to bother getting past the premise for entirely understandable reasons. i would say these people also don't really need to reappraise that view because it decided to drop or water down the slavery later.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Guy Goodbody posted:

filler is often good

as someone who loves boruto, i agree

mha filler is so far universally bad though

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Sakurazuka posted:

There have been like three total episodes of filler in 50 odd episodes of MHA so far.

the small sample size makes it easier to write the concept of mha filler off

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

for the sake of clarity I'd probably call that padding, but this bit in the manga did set up some important stuff and i think it's just suffering from the typical issue of anime dragging everything out to 22 minutes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

the anime is weak and didn't adhere 100% to the period setting so i haven't been watching

• Locked thread