Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Coaaab posted:

I will watch the girls' badminton anime

girls' badminton, girls' volleyball, girls' hiking.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

OnimaruXLR posted:

It's weird that the Giant Robo/Berserk movies guy is directing a beach volleyball anime, right? That seems weird to me.

He's also the character designer for The Idolmaster

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Everybody needs to marathon the first two seasons of Encouragement of Climb so you'll be ready for the new season

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

gmq posted:

Is this hiking yuru camp?

Yes.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Laid-back Camp is the better show overall but doesn't have anything that matches EoC's Fuji arc

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
I'm a little bummed that there's no new food anime this season

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

chumbler posted:

You've learned everything food anime has to teach. Now you must make your own.

I've done that, but no one on earth can make fried chicken that looks as delicious as anime fried chicken

And food anime can't end until we get a Delicious in Dungeon anime

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
the greatest twist of all time

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Their regular human bodies are inside the giant bodies, so they still have their regular human sized genitals in there.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

DisDisDis posted:

i'm glad Nasu is a fellow Jean Genet fan

Thomas de Quincey

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Wark Say posted:

But who's gonna be Amuro?

Hopefully it's a new thing that uses the themes and imagery from Gundam but goes in it's own direction.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Sharkopath posted:

Brands love synergy and synergy they shall have, it's gonna be an adaption.

Synergy with a show that aired at midnight and was cancelled halfway through and never aired again?

Wing, G, IBO, and Unicorn all were way bigger in America

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
If it is an adaptation it'll be so loose it'll be clearly it's own thing, like the original Godzilla and the American Godzilla. And Gundam already has plenty of that, they're called AUs.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Zoids

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
This is fun, it turns out that the fourteenth episode of Isekai Izakaya was made in 1997, but not aired until now.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nobu in episodes 1-13

Nobu in episode 14

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
wasn't Zoids supposed to start yesterday?

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Squidster posted:

Out of an overabundance of caution, I've added some spoiler tags. It's... sort of a lifeless pitch without that twist and motivation, though.

One of the things that makes Mizukami hard to pitch is how much he works with existing tropes -- his work can sound generic until you get to the part where his work becomes a commentary on those tropes. I've tried recommending Planet With to some friends, but most folks will stop listening after you mention 'amnesiac transfer student with mysterious power plus aliens'. You have to include 'but he's there to fight heroes!' before it becomes compelling. Spoilers, I guess.

You could talk about, like, emotions. You could say that all the characters have their own really clear personalities and stories that come through really strongly

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Spiritus Nox posted:

I remember when AOT was first blowing up I went for months assuming it was some mecha anime set on the moons of Saturn

When I first heard about it I askes what it was and the guy said, "I haven't read it but I think it's like 'what if everyone was the Hulk'"

I'm still kinda disappointed that it's wasn't that.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
I'm gonna take this picture with me next time I go to the barber.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
the deep Free lore

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

anime is saved

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
It's hosed up to put a shrine to the god of foot pain on top of a mountain

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
I'm glad the main girl is making friends but that episode of Encouragement of Climb didn't include much climbing.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lRuaHeoBqj8

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Knorth posted:

a sweet and pretty episode

I'm so happy for them

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Futaba Anzu posted:

what episode is this from and is that an extended scene or just a one frame gag?

the most recent episode S03E05. It's a short scene that's part of a montage of the girls taking photos at a castle.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

DisDisDis posted:

did gundam ever become th kemonomimi yaoibait show i wanted it to be

the fox ear guy and the wolf furry have intense sexual tension whenever they interact but that's maybe like 90 seconds across the whole show so far.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

https://twitter.com/dasharez0ne/status/1027006234669588480

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
GOD MARS!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lAkx-Xzl2f4

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

an actual dog posted:

What the hell are you talking about, there's tons of anti-war anime.

Reconguista in G is extremely explicitly about why Japan shouldn't remilitarize.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
filler is often good

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Grouchio posted:

I still haven't found the time or balls to marathon all of the Monogataris in 6 years.

It's a good show. Although Marathoning it might be a bit much.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
I wasn't blown away by the boys' cheerleading anime, so I think I'll wait for reactions on this new girls' cheerleading anime

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
It is completely possible that the anime removes all the rape references and turns Goblin Slayer into a passable non-Isekai fantasy series.

I'm not sure how likely that is, but it's not impossible!

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
oh yeah, I finally got around to watching Hisone & Masotan a little while back. That show is really good.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Tamba posted:

It's really just the manga that's that bad. In the novel, it mostly happens offscreen or is described as "unspeakable things" being done without getting into details.

The manga makes it worse? I read the novel and yeah there's several euphemistic references to rape, which is why I was saying there was a chance the anime could do better. Just cut out those internal monologues and you're good. But if the manga goes the other direction that probably doesn't bode well for the anime

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
I watched the first episode of SAO and it seemed like pure wish fulfillment about a guy whose really good video games so he becomes the best person when everyone gets locked in a video game. Does it actually get good? Should I have given it more of a chance?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Liver Disaster posted:

Let the shonen protagonist who is without goofy wish fulfillment cast the first stone.

• Locked thread