Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«8 »
  • Post
  • Reply
Wahad
May 19, 2011



Everything by design.


Yren

The Viscountess seems genuinely pleased that her cousin will join her at the gala. She makes Yren promise to meet her at the Northern Gate, two days from now, where she will pick her up in her carriage. Tallmount lives a little ways out of the city to the north, and it would indubitably be inconvenient for Lady Roanwood to first come down south to the Hazelburn estate, only to then join the carriage ride back through the city and up north. However, if Yren inopposed to such a thing, the Viscountess won't complain.

Layla, Thia

Wynna's enthusiasm seems only momentarily abated when Layla confirms they're not, in fact, her new colleagues. "Oh! A visiting noble? And milady's cousin, you say? How wonderful!" She leans in conspiratorially, "I've only worked her for a few weeks, you know, but I can see that milady is a little lonely. She doesn't really have any friends among the staff, nobody she really talks to beyond "do this" or "do that", which is weird, 'cause they're all super nice! Anyway, having a family member in her life again might make her a little less moody. That would be just great."

Over the course of the rest of the afternoon, they join Wynna for tea. It seems she has the night shift, and had just woken up when you came into the building, so she has some breakfast for herself - a simple porridge, with some berries - along with it. She insists they call her Wynna - she's just a maid, after all, no need to call her ma'am. "Oh, it's a wonderful place here. Really. Milady the Viscountess isn't always very nice, but we don't interact with her much, anyway. Master Wake makes sure we do our job in time, and that we get paid in time. He's so busy all the time, he barely has any time to practice his magic! It's a shame, really. I asked him to show me a few things, once, but he just said," she pauses, scrunching up her face and imitating the half-elf's voice, "No time for frivolities, Wynna, you must really get to work on washing the mistress' dress, she'll have to wear it in two days." She giggles, and goes into another shpiel about how despite that, his magic comes in handy sometimes when there's a spill or the groundskeeper tracks in mud, and one time, she heard him cast a spell on the closet in the grand bedroom, but when she asked, he just said to mind her own business. "I bet that's where she keeps her valuables, and he cast a spell on it to make anyone who breaks get hypnotized! Or burst in flames! Or, you know, something like that. That's what wizards do, right?"

Their time with the chatty maid eventually comes to an end - despite them barely having gotten a word in edgewise, she seemed perfectly happy to have new people at the estate and inform them about everything and anything she might even consider relevant to the conversation at hand; gossip about the staff (though there is the implication of various affairs, she doesn't reveal anything too sordid), the history of the place (she found a book in the library once, and she read that a great-great-great-grandfather of the Viscountess once saved Waterdeep from a dragon!), and more. Eventually, however, the handmaiden and the bodyguard do get called away as 'Lady Roanwood' makes to leave, so they join her on the way out, when the sun is beginning to set.

Donata (plus the aforementioned)

In her animal form, the druid eventually spies her partners-in-crime leaving the mansion, and begins her travel in a wide circle around estate. It's about a mile away from the estate when she finally catches up, flagging down the cart from the side of the road. Yren makes the driver stop momentarily so the half-orc can get on, and they move back into the city.

Slim, Val

The two crewmembers that remained in the city had some more time to themselves, waiting for the others to return. Returning back to the Singing Hag, they find the door to the once-lavish room, where their dwarven patrons had explained the objective of their mission, leading only to a supply closet. The owner looks at them grumpily. "If y'all want a drink, you're gonna have to pay. Dwarf paid only to the point of y'all leaving."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wol
Dec 15, 2012

See you in the
UNDERDARK




Yren is uncharacteristically quiet on the carriage-ride back. After sharing some basic information with Layla and Thia, she spends most of it staring morosely at the passing scenery. "The Lady Roanwood could brush the cobwebs from her heart," she says at some point, breaking her protracted silence. "She's a darkened veil o'er her thoughts, one I saw beneath as she let herself think she'd a coz who cared. I saw her peer from beneath it with such an eye as one glimpsing a sunbeam hence a fortnight of stale gloom. 'Tis a cruel mirage, though - she'll soon see there's no sun to greet her. Whate'er's in the box our deeds concern, she'll weather its loss in time. Yet what I've already taken from her is more precious. Too precious to steal for any sake but hate, which for her I hath not. In some measure, I wish she could have her Lady Roanwood." She raises a hand to stay her companions' response. "Mistake me not, I know the Lady's but a mock'ry of wit. My sails billow still with the winds of our purpose. I only..." Yren trails off, still watching the scenery, never having taken her eyes off it. When she finishes the sentence, her voice is barely above a whisper, only half audible above the road noise. "I need wash this visage from me."

Wol fucked around with this message at Aug 9, 2018 around 13:22

Manic_Misanthrope
Jul 1, 2010




Character sheet

It was a barely a few minutes into her portion of the cart ride back to Waterdeep before Donata was reminded of why she had opted to scout alone instead of doing some initial planning with the other ladies (and Bugbear) "Speak plain or don't speak." the Half-Orc growled, trying to piece together the patrols in her mind, both day and night to a reasonable degree of accuracy. "Who Lady is doesn't matter, what she wants matters less. Never see her again, anyway. We find the others and plan more."

Wahad
May 19, 2011



Everything by design.


The gang makes a plan.


By the time Yren, Thia, Donata and Layla return to the Singing Hag, Yren's mostly back to her usual floaty self, though the insightful might still notice a curtness underlying her tone. "Valeria, Slim. I trust you've bounty to share, as have we with you. Your news we'll hear, but let's find our night's rooms anon. Our words aren't for such common air."

Valeria nods at Yren, "Indeed we do. I'll gladly share what we gathered, once we find a quieter place to talk, that is," the former soldier finishes off her drink before she stands back up, "Lead the way."

“Thia, know you somewhere near, cheap and private?”

Thia nods, leading you out the Singing Hag, through a few backalleys, and into another inn slightly off the beaten path, called the Baron's Barrel. Getting rooms is easy enough, and reasonably cheap (2 silver per room per night), so you eventually find yourself cozying up in one of the rooms with eachother, ready to discuss the plan.

"So... you find me a way in?" Slim puts his feet up on the bed, seemingly happy to make himself comfortable.

"Maybe. Gap in patrols, deliveries are checked, better to leave that way then go in." Donata's quick and to the point, as you're used to by now.

"Hm, well, here's what we found out; The guard captain is a halfling called Donna Bairnell. Ex-merc. Real tough type, from the sound of it. There's also Daeron, the chief steward of the house. From what I've heard, he and the lady don't get along very well, and he's the type who prioritizes the house over the lady. Maybe we can use that to our advantage, somehow?"

"Old Half-Elf? Seen him check cart in morning. He probably most against theft. Even if he doesn't like who it's against."

Yren nods in agreement. "Ay, neither's like to dispose well to us. The Lady's soldiers spend sparing time inside, though. We need only divert them from the door. As to Daeron, Thia tells me the staff hew close to his commands. My custom'd be to glamour him, but the elven mind's not soon led to fancy. 'Twould be easier to knock him out, then set about our burgling. 'Tis a house united that could pose us trouble, not the cooks and dress-folders themselves. 'Tis under he they'd unite if at all."

“That half-elf knows magic too. Gotta be real careful aroun him.” Layla fiddles with one of the goblets from the room service., swirling the drink around as she listens to the conversation.

"Any windows I can get in? Or am I going through the service entrance?" Slim picks his teeth with one of his claws, reaching for a stuck piece of chicken from the earlier meal.

Thia pipes up. "The windows work, but you'd need a way up one way or another. I only saw an open window on the second floor." She cocks her head at Slim with a curious look. "But you have a knack for finding yourself in places, given your display at the Hag. I think you can do it." She's quiet for a moment. "The maid we spoke to said she saw the half-elf cast a spell on a closet in the master bedroom once. 5 Gold pieces says that's where the safe is."

Donata scratches her head. "Climbing easy, when no-one looking might be hard. Unless you're strong AND fast. If Lady at gala, then it not matter if you bust in her room."

"Any extra you can get out of the house for the gala would make my life easier," Slim says.

"So, I says we trys not ta kill anyone. I'd prefer the story to be a heist, not a slaughter when it hits the criers..." Layla pipes up.

"Why? We get hanged if caught either way." The half-orc seems truly indifferent.

"If nothing else, killing draws more scru... attention. They'll come after us a lot harder."

Donata shrugs her shoulders. "Fair."

"A mansion full o' dead people pisses off a lot more people than a missin box and a couple lumps on th' head," Layla explains.

"Depends whats in the box," comes the half-orc retort.

Layla takes a swig from her drink. "Keep in mind that the box is missin in either event. Dead bodies make problems worse, not better."

Val nods, "I'm in agreement with Layla. No taking any lives unless we absolutely have to. We're thieves, not assassins. And even if we're forced into a fight, we should still avoid going for any lethal blows. We want to get through this with as little bloodshed as possible."

"Right, things can get outta hand real quick if people start dyin."

“Ay, nor shall I be party to slaughter. Tis not my nature.” Yren is in the process removing her disguise bit by bit, and a pile of wax and the like has gathered in the room's wastebucket.

"Aiight, so what's th' plan? Ride in on horse ta the edge of th woods, sneak across th yard into th back door an search for th box inside th house?"

“I’ll sign to’t. We’ve the lay of the place and we know where our prize is like to lie. It should be a simple matter to start.” Yren winces as she pulls off a particularly adhesive lump from her false nose.

Slim shrugs. "Mostofya pinkskins can't tell goblinfolk apart anyway. They'll pin it on one o mah cousins if anybody spots me."

“Aiight everyone, let’s go get some horses and get ready to do this!” Layla raises her glass, and the rest join her in a toast to a successful heist.

Wahad
May 19, 2011



Everything by design.


It's two days later when the crew makes their move. Dusk has long since set in; no doubt Lady Hazelburn is already attempting to make a good impression on her peers at Lord Tallmount's festivities. Horses were easily procured - Styx (and by extension Val) knows plenty of people who're willing to rent out their stable. The journey is a little longer than the previous visit to the estate; going off-road, and circling the grounds the long way around takes discretion and a little caution. Donata leads the way through the forest, having scouted it out previously, and finds a clearing a little ways from the fence.

Once everybody dismounts, Thia gathers the horses together. "I'll stay with the horses; I can stay hidden well enough. If I hear anything in the way of the plan going south, I'll come to your aid." Donata precedes the heist crew towards the fence, letting everybody see the patrols. The lights of the lanterns flicker across the grounds. In the distance, you can see some lights on in the mansion; one in the top floor, where Yren remembers the library being, and one below in the kitchen. But the rest of the estate - including the servant's quarters - is dark, though not completely so. It's gonna take some skill to find your way towards the mansion unnoticed; even more so to get inside.

Everybody make a post to tell me if you cast any spells or do anything else for preparations, as well as if you are joining the heist team or stay behind to secure the exit.

Relentless
Sep 22, 2007

It's a perfect day for some mayhem!





Character Sheet

For the first time since the rest of the group has known him, Slim isn't looking awkward or nervous. His black robes fade into the night as he pulls his hood up. He scoots a little ahead of the group, surveying the grounds and silently counting the time for them to walk from corner for corner on his fingers.

After a minute he heads back to the group, without so much as a rustling leaf as he moves.

"Donata, you'll cover our tracks magically? There's a solid 28 second gap for us to move to the house, then we can find a window to get in. Stay behind me, stay low."

He looks at the group, trying to read their confidence levels. Everyone talked a good game, but the truth is about to come out.

Manic_Misanthrope
Jul 1, 2010




Character sheet

Back in the brush by the manor, Donata hunches over with a typically intense expression on her face. "Good for hour," she whispers back "Stay Close." She lets out before her eyes turn black and a misty veil drops over the crew, the mist fades and Donata pushes aside a branch to complete silence, proving a point to Slim before they set out.

Donata Casts Pass without Trace

spells left

Lvl 1: 4/4
Lvl 2: 1/2

Wol
Dec 15, 2012

See you in the
UNDERDARK




The day between planning and moving on the mansion, Yren decides to pen a letter to Lady Hazelburn. She's not entirely sure what she thinks it'll accomplish. She knows it won't make everything alright. She just hopes it might soothe the blow, a little bit, of her no-show at the gala.

My dearest Lady Hazelburn,

It's with deepest regrets that I confess I won't make it to Baron Tallmount's gala. I looked forward to spending the day with you, to you showing me the splendours of Waterdhavian life. Alas, the shipwright I came to commission claims to have suffered complications and simply insists that I be present today to solve them. I am sorry, my coz. I hope you make merry enough at the gala for the both of us.

Yours,
Lady Tegan Roanwood



--------


When Slim returns from his scouting, Yren steps forward. "If we've but moments of shadow's grace, let's set to the deed. Lead on, Slim."

Look Around You
Jan 19, 2009

You're just lucky my jaw is broken!




Layla calmly strokes Nightblade for a moment, after she dismounts, running her finger along the edge softly. After she's off her horse, she quietly casts Detect Magic in order to seek out any magical traps or locks. "Aiight, lets do this," she says, ready to step out into the field.

Casting Detect Magic immediately before step out.

Tardzilla
Aug 31, 2006





"An hour is all we need," says Val, who's looking a lot more focused now, as she approaches the group, ready to follow them into the mansion, "Let's finish this quick, then we can all celebrate with a few drinks later."

Relentless
Sep 22, 2007

It's a perfect day for some mayhem!





Character Sheet

"I'll lead. Donata behind me. Everybody stick to her if something goes sideways."

With those quick orders, Slim starts moving across the estate, making sure everyone is following.

Wahad
May 19, 2011



Everything by design.


There's a tense moment as the group waits for the opportune moment to move. Crouched in the bushes, they watch the swaying beam of the lantern move...and turn around once more. Then, using Donata's magic to pull the shadows around them like a cloak, they move, one by one clearing the fence and making a straight beeline for the house. Fortunately, the few decorative bushes that are planted around the grounds provide reasonable cover for when they might be spotted, and a decent vantage point to scope out the mansion, looming large in the darkness. You don't see any open windows... but there's some sort of growth along the wall, which might provide an easy way up.

But you have to make your way there first.

Everyone make a Stealth check.

Relentless
Sep 22, 2007

It's a perfect day for some mayhem!





Character Sheet

Stealth: 1d20+19 29

Manic_Misanthrope
Jul 1, 2010




Character sheet

stealth: 1d20+2+10 23

Wahad
May 19, 2011



Everything by design.


The group makes their way over to the mansion without any problems. Slim knows exactly which path to take, when to wait and when to move, showing his expertise handily. Even without Donata's impression you might've made it. Of course, you're now standing at the back wall of the mansion, and you have to find your way in. The door to the kitchen is probably unlocked, given the light still being on. The growth on the wall, which you now recognize as ivy, could probably provide a few handholds if you wanted to climb up. The more alert among you don't see any open windows on the top floor, however, but Yren doesn't remember seeing any locks on them; you could probably open one of them if you manage to find a perch. What's more pertinent, you don't have too long. If the guards circling the mansion make their way around again, there's a good chance they'd spot you. From the timing before, you'd guess the turnaround is about ten minutes.

Climbing up to the second floor requires a DC15 Acrobatics or Athletics check.

Look Around You
Jan 19, 2009

You're just lucky my jaw is broken!




Layla looks up at the second floor window, then at the vines leading up to it. She whispers to the party, "I doubt I'm climbin up there too easily... maybe we should use th' door right here? Doubt it'll matter much anyway when we're in."

Manic_Misanthrope
Jul 1, 2010




Character sheet

Donata was eyeing the window above before Layla interjected. "Light's on. Kitchens may still be used after dark. Fewer patrols upstairs with the Lady gone. Top still better than door." she whispered back in a low growl before putting her ear to the door to confirm her suspicions, listening out for movement or conversations.

Perception (Listening): 1d20+6 21

Wahad
May 19, 2011



Everything by design.


Donata doesn't need long. Whoever's in the kitchen, they're pretty cheery. She also hears some splashing and clanking; they're probably doing dishes. She doesn't hear any chatter, but a melodic whistle drifts through the door. She doesn't recognize the song, but it doesn't sound like there's anybody else in there with them; there's only the one voice.

Relentless
Sep 22, 2007

It's a perfect day for some mayhem!





Character Sheet

Slim pull his quartestaff from his back and whispers "He'll have one he'll of a hangover tomorrow."

"Yren, get the door, I'll rush 'im."

Slim slips through the door and rushes towards there singing individual, whipping the end of his quarterstaff at the back of their head.

7+5= 12, hits. 15 damage, non lethal.

Wahad
May 19, 2011



Everything by design.


Slim barely has time to register his target. The door opens (Yren recognizes the tune as popular folk song "Another Dawn"), the thief slinks in, and the song ends abruptly as he clonks the maid over the head. The plate she was washing plops back down in the dishwashing tub, and a few suds lend in her orange braids. He catches her before she breaks her face open on the edge of the bucket, though. Nobody else is in the kitchen, nor does anybody seem to have heard the attack. Layla coming in after the bugbear recognizes her as Wynna, the maid Thia and her talked to when they visited the mansion.

Look Around You
Jan 19, 2009

You're just lucky my jaw is broken!




Layla frowns. "Th' lady was nice. Fortunately there ain't anythin for her to remember. Let's tie er up and gag er in case she wakes up."

Relentless
Sep 22, 2007

It's a perfect day for some mayhem!





Character Sheet

Slim holds the knocked out girl to the rest of the group as they come in.

"Uh... where ya wanna put her?"

Look Around You
Jan 19, 2009

You're just lucky my jaw is broken!




"Just shove er in the larder. We gots ta get goin... I think we should head up ta the main bedroom, this lady was talkin bout th head guy here castin spells on a closet in there."

Wol
Dec 15, 2012

See you in the
UNDERDARK




"Then follow me anon." Yren lights her hooded lantern, keeping it dim so as not to put the whole mansion on high alert. "I know the way to the Lady's chambers - though less by leisure than oft." When everyone's ready, she opens the door and creeps cautiously through the rest of the house, heading upward toward the master bedroom. She keeps her other hand on her wand, acutely at the ready for anyone else they might run into. Her attention flits, however, between the house's decorations, trinkets, and any other charming miscellanea she might pass. She always likes to take something small and pretty on the side from her jobs - it makes for a nice collection of memories.

Wahad
May 19, 2011



Everything by design.


The hall is so dark that Yren's dimmed lantern provides just enough light to see; it seems they don't care much about keeping the lights on in the Hazelburn estate when there is no need. Still, going upstairs provides little challenge. Aside from the maid, nobody else seems to be home...until the party gets upstairs. Just to the right of the staircase, there is a door slightly ajar that Yren recalls as leading to the library. Going to the left will lead to the master bedroom, but judging by the light, somebody's still in the library that might catch sight of you if only by coincidence.

Relentless
Sep 22, 2007

It's a perfect day for some mayhem!





Character Sheet
1/3 Ki points.


Slim whispers: "I'll silence him and the entire room. Do all your casting from the hallway, then get in and close the door. 3, 2, 1..."

He peeks in through the door, and with a flurry of hand gestures and the softest whisper... nothing appears to happen. Focused on the center of the room, the entire library and the doors are silenced.

2 Ki points to cast Silence.

He looks back at the group and waves to rush them in.

Relentless fucked around with this message at Aug 22, 2018 around 17:55

Look Around You
Jan 19, 2009

You're just lucky my jaw is broken!




Layla mutters a soft curse, pointing a softly purple glowing Nightblade at Daeron. She then slips in through the door past Slim and bashes the half-elf over the head with Nightblade's pommel, knocking him out cold. She hears a soft whisper in her ear, "That book, on the shelf. The red one. Take the book." She walks over to the bookshelf and slides the small book out it out of its place. "Josiah and the Bear," is the title of the book, which seems to be a children's book. She quickly slips it into her backpack before tying Daeron's hands somewhat loosely behind his back (so he can get out by himself, but only after a good deal of time working on the bonds) and gagging him. She quickly searches his pockets for any keys or odd items that may serve as keys or seals or anything along those lines. If she finds any coin, she leaves it in his pockets. She then slips back out of the library, quietly closing the door.

Bonus: cast Hex on Daeron. I get +1d6 damage when I hit him with an attack. In addition, I choose to give him disadvantage on Dexterity checks.
Move: adjacent to Daeron
Standard: Attack vs Dorien: 1d20+8 14 1d8+6+1d6 18 nonlethal

Concentration: Hex

Look Around You fucked around with this message at Aug 24, 2018 around 03:47

Manic_Misanthrope
Jul 1, 2010




Another potential obstacle, another quick knockout for the crew it seemed. Donata didn't have time to draw her staff before Layla had bonked the Half-Elf over the head, leaving the half-Orc still the other side of the doorway while Layla pilfered a book and the content's of the butler's pockets.

"Tie arms tight. Not all spells need speaking." She hissed, unsure if her speech would penetrate the strange bubble the bugbear conjured.

Wahad
May 19, 2011



Everything by design.


Tying the butler up is an easy affair - Layla goes back in after Donata reiterates her request just to be sure the knot is tight. In the library, she finds a small statuette of a hound, made of marble (she figures its worth about 50gp), and on Daeron's person, she finds a keyring, with about six keys of varying shapes and sizes. Proceeding to the master bedroom without further obstacles or personages in their way, the crew takes a moment to look around. They do see the closet - three doors in the wall that hold a variety of clothes - though none of the doors seem to hold a safe or any other door. Finding the box and other valuables may require a bit of additional investigation.

Wahad
May 19, 2011



Everything by design.


The gang investigates the room.


Slim pokes around the closet for a minute. "Yren, are you sure there was something here? Was it a different closet? Are we in the right house?"

“That nice maid we hit over th head said somethin about th closet in here too.” Layla walks up to the closet, brushing through the clothes for a moment to help look.

"Look Harder." Donata's gruff tone reaches the searchers as she approaches.

Slim glares at Donata. "You go look if you're so sure."

Donata brushes Slim aside, tossing out various shoes over her shoulder as she inspects the floor and walls of the closet. Where the Bugbear failed to notice the false panel in the floor, the half-orc lifts it out pretty easily, revealing a safe door made of some sort of metal right below. "Now you look."

“Both of ya need ta calm down, let me check for magic first,” Layla says, moving over to the door. She recasts Detect Magic to see if there is anything strange with the door. Layla's magical senses reveal that there is a faint mark of abjuration magic on the safe, but otherwise there is nothing magical about it. "Slim, there's some magic on th' safe. If you wanna try ta pick it you're welcome ta, but it may be stuck wit' a spell." Further inspection of the room reveals nothing of interest, though Yren spots a pocket mirror on the commode, part of the Viscountess' makeup kit, with a nice brass shell. A nice memento for a job well done.

Slim's trained thief eyes leer over the giant painting covering the wall opposite the bed; it's a 10ft by 4ft canvas, set in a gold-painted frame of what he presumes to be oak or teak wood. The painting itself is a depiction of what he presumes to be a bard's epic tale, with a lone knight riding out to meet a giant blue dragon that is wreaking havoc on a city. It could fetch a pretty price at the right buyer... but getting it out of here might be a little difficult.

Look Around You
Jan 19, 2009

You're just lucky my jaw is broken!




"Wait, I got these keys offa th' butler, let's try em first before we go pickin at any locks." She pulls the keys out of her pocket and sizes them up, aiming to try the keys one by one, trying the ones that look like they'd fit the best first.

Look Around You fucked around with this message at Aug 24, 2018 around 03:47

Wahad
May 19, 2011



Everything by design.


It takes Layla the better part of twenty minutes to try all the keys. It's a little tricky; some of them fit, but not all the way; others fit all the way but won't turn. She has to go through the entire ring at least Still, eventually the safe opens, revealing the following:

- One box, 1ft by 2ft, made of oak. A golden latch covers the side with a small hole. None of the keyring keys seem to fit, but you recognize it from the dwarves' image earlier. This is your target. It smells of rose water, and is marked with strong enchantment magic.
- Two amulets, made of silver, with the symbol of Lathander engraved in them. They emit a faint mark of abjuration magic, and smells of burning candles.
- One ring of plain brass, with small runic etchings. It emits a faint smell of fresh-cut wood and straw, and looks like conjuration magic.
- Six rubies and six sapphires, about the size of a gold coin, of good quality, each with a round cut.
- Three diamonds, about the size of a thumb, in brilliant cuts.

Wahad fucked around with this message at Aug 22, 2018 around 19:59

Relentless
Sep 22, 2007

It's a perfect day for some mayhem!





Character Sheet
1/3 Ki points.

Slim walks over to the painting and eyes it over, doing some quick thump to pinky measurements on the length and width. No way it's coming out of here in the frame, but it might be salvageable anyway.

He gently takes it off the wall, and lays it down on the bed, attempting to remove it from the frame and roll it up without significant damage.

Roll 1d20+7 Dexterity to avoid damaging the painting. 13+7 = 20

Relentless fucked around with this message at Aug 22, 2018 around 20:02

Look Around You
Jan 19, 2009

You're just lucky my jaw is broken!




Layla shoves the box, the amulets and the ring in her bag. "I can go invisible," she explains. "The rest of ya take th' rest," she says, hoping to prove that she won't just disappear with everything when they're out of the mansion.

Look Around You fucked around with this message at Aug 24, 2018 around 03:47

Tardzilla
Aug 31, 2006





"Save a little for me, will you?" Says Val, who's been keeping careful watch near the bedroom door while the rest of her companions are looting the room. She had kept herself stationed there, watching out for anybody who might be approaching the room.

Manic_Misanthrope
Jul 1, 2010



"Worry about stuff later. Get out first." Donata half-whispers, half-barks out, reaching out to grab the rubies and stuff them in a spare pocket. "Need to get back to the horses. Spell wears off soon."

Relentless
Sep 22, 2007

It's a perfect day for some mayhem!





Character Sheet
1/3 Ki points.

As the rest of the group sorts out the jewels, Slim finishes tying the rolled painting up with some strips of bedding he's torn off.

"No sign of anyone aware of us, exit through the same route. I'll take the lead again. Let's move."

He quietly opens the bedroom door and slips into the hallway, waiting for the group before heading out through the kitchen and across the grounds again.

Wahad
May 19, 2011



Everything by design.


Exiting the manse makes for an easy task; nobody else is around, and neither Daeron nor Wynna have woken up from your swift knockouts. The grounds make for a slightly bigger challenge. While Slim leads the path with similar expertise as before, there is a moment when Valeria's chain coat catches on a branch from a nearby rosebush, and she struggles a little to wrest it free. The muffled curses and the jingling of the links of her armor is enough to catch the attention of the nearby guard, who turns around in your vague direction, sweeping the lantern across the grounds. "Someone there?"

For a moment, it seems like it was all for naught.

Then, off across the other side of the fence, in the opposite direction of where you are, you hear what sounds like the crash of a bottle against a hard surface. The guard immediately turns around, investigating the new noise, and with a swift pace, you are free to clear the grounds and hop the fence, where Thia is waiting for you with an expectant expression. "We should move swiftly. The spell distracts, but not for long. Have you the box?"

Thia casts Thaumaturgy to distract the guard, causing you to clear the grounds. You're back at the horses.

Manic_Misanthrope
Jul 1, 2010



"Layla has it." Donata pointed out, not hesitating to mount her horse and not even bothering with a 'thanks for the distraction'. "Know a place in the hills, move take there before see boss?" she suggested. The half-orc was not keen to be spotted by any person at this time of night, even just riding into town at this hour might arouse suspicions. The client could wait until morning for the box.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Look Around You
Jan 19, 2009

You're just lucky my jaw is broken!




Layla slides the box mostly out of her bag to show Thia and the rest of the crew before resonding to Donata, "Aight, sounds good ta me."

  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
  • Post
  • Reply
«8 »