Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Relentless
Sep 22, 2007

It's a perfect day for some mayhem!

Character Sheet

Barely glancing at the spear, Slim moves to the next vault. "C'mon, ladies, we're on a roll! Don't stop now!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Melchiresa
Jun 21, 2006

Nice guy.
Tries hard.
Loves hot dogs The Game.

Sheet

Floriana remarks "if it ain't broke..." and shrugs. She holds out her hand and summons the spectral hand she had used previously, sending it out towards the spear

Wahad
May 19, 2011

There is no escape.
As Floriana's spell brings the spear closer off the pedestal, you realize the sparking bolts don't stop. They arc off the weapon, and it's not an additional security measure by the Helmites. You dodge one bolt that goes straight out the vault door and burns out on the wall opposite, but you're not sure how to make it settle down. The thought occurs to you that maybe these things were locked down here for a reason after all. Still, with the prize so close, it would be a waste to leave it down here...

so when the spear is lifted out of the vault and the bolts explode outwards, you all do your best to dodge them again.

Everyone except Slim (who's moved on to the next vault) make a DC13 Dex save or take 3d6=8 lightning damage. Everyone except Floriana fails the save.

Slim, having proceeded to the next vault and thus closer to the entrance to the temple above, realizes two things. Passive Perception: One, things have gotten quieter above ground. The priests must have taken control of the riot and herded the people out. Two, being closer to the entrance, opening this vault may have a greater risk of alerting them.

Donata: That feeling of heated hunger no longer dulls your senses, as before. Now, with the object so close, despite the lightning lashing out, it is like you have pushed past the roiling clouds into the eye of the storm. You still feel that heat, the rage, but it is at the edges of your mind's eye, now, and you have clarity. No longer a fever dream, but a first step to fulfilling a purpose.

Manic_Misanthrope
Jul 1, 2010

Character sheet

As Florina recoils from the bolts, Donata reaches out and grasps the sparking shaft with her hands as the shocked trickster reels it to the group, bracing herself for the pain with the satisfaction that a grave injustice had been undone today, and soon so would many more. Her expression had been pale throughout their travels in the city, but it was returning to it's natural colour even in the blue light.

Wahad
May 19, 2011

There is no escape.
The moment Donata picks up the spear, the lightning bolts cease to spread, almost seeming to withdraw into the tip of the weapon and giving it a strange, white-blue gleam. Her eyes, normally so dour and suspicious, seem to shine briefly with that same white-blue gleam, and she straightens her shoulders, her posture reflecting some long-lost pride.

Donata: The rage and hunger that were reduced to the edges of your senses now fade entirely, and you are fully in control of your faculties once more. Whatever this artifact is, it seems to have found its place with you.

Manic_Misanthrope
Jul 1, 2010

Character sheet

Donata breathes a sigh of relief as the spear settles down in her grasp, the spark welcoming its new owner with a surprising calm, but calm down here meant little if it was calm up top. "Slim, you were listening out. Is the distraction still distracting?" She asked, most of the guttural growl that normally punctuated her speech no longer present "We have the box for the client, we have the spear for ourselves. We still have to get back to Waterdeep after this, it'd be easier if we were not on wanted posters. Yet."

Relentless
Sep 22, 2007

Character Sheet

"Yer probbly right. Time to cut n' run, ladies."

Slim quickly roll his tools up and starts heading for the exit.

Wahad
May 19, 2011

There is no escape.
Calling upon the better part of valor, the lot of you slowly make their way back into the sewer tunnels. With Yren preceding this time, as the one currently most experienced in this locale, you quickly find your way back to the grate from which you entered. No guards are waiting for you, though you are unaware if anybody even knows the robbery has taken place yet. Still, you have acquired the objective. How do you go about making your retreat? Do you hole up in the tavern for the night and set out in the morning? Or do you take a chance that nightfall will cover your tracks if necessary and head out straight away? And by which means will you make your egress from Neverwinter?

Look Around You
Jan 19, 2009

Layla looks visibly surprised upon exiting the sewers, "Holy poo poo, they ain't noticed us yet! We gots ta get outta this city A S A P. Ain't nothin left here for us but cops and jail. And I dunno about y'all, but I don't wanna go to no lockdown palace. We should leave for Waterdeep NOW."

Relentless
Sep 22, 2007

Character Sheet

"Ain't mah favorite place to be, but sure as hell is better'n this place right now. Get some horses, 'n let's get outta here."

Wahad
May 19, 2011

There is no escape.
Treasure safely tucked away in your back, you abscond through the city with rushed, yet measured steps, not wanting to draw too much attention to yourselves from the nightly guard patrols. You eventually make your way to the southern edge of the city, near the gate to the High Road. The stablemaster nearby looks to be closing up, but you approach him anyway. "Horses? At this hour?" He is a relatively young half-elf, dark hair tucked away in a top-knot, and dressed relatively fine for his station. He scoffs. "Come back in the morning. I ain't got no time for nonsense."

Wahad fucked around with this message at 08:41 on Mar 24, 2019

Wol
Dec 15, 2012

See you in the
UNDERDARK

"Then we'll not take much of it. 'Tis six horses we need, and now's the hour for it. An urgent matter calls us hence and we've the coin to pay thee. Does that satisfy?"

Wahad
May 19, 2011

There is no escape.
The half-elf doesn't seem impressed. "Better start walking if it's that urgent. You know how much work I'm going to have to do to get six horses ready for travel? I won't even be home before midnight!" He seems ready to walk away, but a figure emerges from the shadows. Floriana, Layla and Val recognize her; it's the tiefling that was playing cards with Dalen in the Salacious Serpent.

"Perhaps I can be of assistance." She spreads her arms and bows with a genial smile. The half-elf's reaction is immediate; he stiffens up and affects an attempt at politeness.

"Marvane? I-my apologies, I didn't know they were with you."

"They're not...but they are friends." Her smile reveals the slightest hint of teeth, as she lights another cigar. "If you please, Mikal, would you get six horses ready like the good lady asked? I'll deal with the business end of things."

"O-of course, Marvane, but it's going to take me a while. All my stablehands have already gone home."

"Not to worry. I brought some men. They can help you." Four more Shadow Thieves emerge, and go into the stable with Mikal, where they start getting horses ready. The tiefling lady turns back to you, lazily puffing from her cigar. Her manner reminds you of a cat - appearing aloof, yet alert enough to pounce should a moment of weakness present itself. "You must forgive Mikal his grumpiness. He is not used to dealing with outsiders. But Dalen insists you are sent on your way one way or another. You pulled off a heist despite our reservations, for which you have his admiration and his contempt in equal measure. And so, here I am, to ensure that you are indeed sent on your way." Her smile turns wider.

"750 gold sees you on your way with six fully-equipped horses - right here, right now - and enough feed to last you a week. More than enough to see you to Leilon or Phandalin, at least. Certainly, with time nipping on your heels as it is, you can appreciate the premium price, no?"

Wol
Dec 15, 2012

See you in the
UNDERDARK

“Thou offer’st a hand in friendship, but beg for coin with the other? Ay, 750’s a cut you’d mayhap deserve had you helped us ere. I respect the custom of business between villains, but 500 ought be outrageous enough a sum.”

Wol fucked around with this message at 00:57 on Mar 25, 2019

Wahad
May 19, 2011

There is no escape.
Marvane doesn't seem particularly fazed by the hard counter-offer. "You must be Yren. Varra told us about you." She gives the triton an appreciative once-over. "Being from Amn, I would have expected you were more familiar with our way of doing things... but perhaps us land-folk are still a bit too complicated for you." With another puff from her cigar, she steps forward. Not too close, but there is a certain challenge in it. "Let me explain. Five hundred would be a reasonable price, certainly, if all things were peachy keen between us. But you went against all our recommendations, acted on our turf without our permission. This is not a reward for us helping you - nor is it begging. It's a tax. One that buys you peace of mind and a speedy escape. The price isn't going down. The Shadow Thieves' reach extends further than you might like, my friends. We will have our coin, one way or another. Sooner or later. Best to settle things now and be on your way. No loose ends. You understand, I'm sure."

Wol
Dec 15, 2012

See you in the
UNDERDARK

"Thou invok'st 'tax' as if it legitimized thee. Speak I with a thief, or a bureaucrat writ small?" Yren smirks. "If thou art determined to profit by our hand, thou couldst at least aid us when next we ask. Precious little time did it take us to plunder what thou thought impregnable. I know thy ways well enough, but we're no common pickpockets for thee to pick in turn. Prithee invest in us rather than scavenge, and the coin will jingle all the more merrily for us all."

Wahad
May 19, 2011

There is no escape.
"You're not listening to me." Marvane's smile drops, unamused with Yren's recalcitrance. "We can aid you next time, it's true. But you're investing in our good will, not the other way around. The price isn't going down." From the shadows, two more figures appear. "But perhaps you need another incentive to make things clearer." The figures are dressed in the guard uniform of Neverwinter, though they don't have their weapons drawn, nor are they preparing to arrest the tiefling - or any of you. "You pay us, or we take the guard to your doorstep. You might flee from the city, true, but without horses, how far will you go before they find you?" She turns to look at the guards. "Boys, how long will it take you to sound a general alarm and have a squadron of guardsmen here?"

"Five, ten minutes. Not too long," one of them responds with a deadpan tone.

"Not too long indeed. But you're willing to stay your hand and forget about these lovely faces, don't you?"

"Can't arrest someone I don't know," the other says with a wide grin.

"Choice is yours, my friends. But your horses are ready for the taking sooner or later. Don't let pride ruin your careers. Pay up. Last chance." Marvane lets her cigar fall and stomps it out.

Slim, Passive Insight: You know these types of situations well enough. The Shadow Thieves may be more accustomed to talking things out than your family is, but you're pretty sure the time for talking is over.

Wol
Dec 15, 2012

See you in the
UNDERDARK

Yren shakes her head. "You mistake my meaning. The money's thine. I mean to say only that next time, since thy hand will be in our pockets anyhow, we may as well be better friends and profit both." She draws her coinpurse slowly from her robes, wearing a wry smile, and starts counting up her part of the sum. When the deed's done, she wraps it in a smaller bag and tosses it to Marvane. "And avaunt thy guards, for the Maw's sake. My tongue may be a bit complicated for thee, but we can speak like fellows without donning the tin hat at the first sign of discord."

Relentless
Sep 22, 2007

Character Sheet

As Yren counts the money out, Slim eyes Marvane and guards. This situation reads very differently if they're locals, fat on the spoils of the Shadow Thieves bribes, or hardened mercenaries lining their retirement fund.

@Slim (Relentless): 1d20+5 Size up some thugs = (9)+5 = 14

Wahad
May 19, 2011

There is no escape.
Marvane catches Yren's bag, and her posture relaxes immediately. She smiles, though it is less self-assured and more genuinely pleased. "I am so glad we could reach an understanding. You're not so bad." She gestures at the rest of you, clearly hoping you will also agree to pay as well. Her eyes are still focused on Yren, however, and it almost seems she won't look away barring an extreme emergency.

Marvane fails to resist, and is charmed. Being charmed, she will not attack Yren or target her with harmful abilities or magical effects. Yren also has advantage on social checks against Marvane as long as she remains charmed.

Slim, Perception: Between the guards and Marvane, you are pretty sure Marvane is the biggest threat. The guards don't look like hardened mercenaries, but they clearly know how to fight, and are prepared for one. You also notice two more louts lurking in the shadows, some distance away, trying to be stealthy. More may be present, but you don't see them.

Relentless
Sep 22, 2007

Character Sheet

Slim cracks his knuckles, looking around, he reaches behind him... and grabs his coin purse.

"At one twenny five fer a horse, he better not keel over on me."

He counts out his payment, hands it to her, and then flips her one more gold coin. "Don't spen' it all in one place."

Wahad
May 19, 2011

There is no escape.
Marvane looks perfectly pleased you're all willing to pay, and before too long, Mikal leads your horses out of the stable. Six of them in total, each looking young and hale, with saddlebags that are filled with what you presume to be feed. "There we go. Six fine horses, to give you a speedy escape," the tiefling says, lighting another cigar. You quickly mount up and set your course. Those looking back may see her waving you off, but sooner rather than later you are out of the city. The night sky is clear, for now, though it is rather chilly, especially with the wind in your face.

Half an hour down, you don't hear any clarions or other things in the distance. It seems you're safe, for now, but the guard may come searching all the same. What is your plan of escape? Where do you wish to go for now? It will probably take you a good tenday to get to Waterdeep if you stick to the road, if that's where you want to go - more if you decide to take it slow and brave the wilderness. But your patrons have not given you a deadline, so you are free to do as you please. You also have the sending stone to contact them, should you wish to do so now.

Melchiresa
Jun 21, 2006

Nice guy.
Tries hard.
Loves hot dogs The Game.

Sheet

Once the crew is underway, Floriana pulls the sending stone out from a hidden pouch. "We got the stuff and are heading back. We'll get there when we can." After a pause to think, she poses a suggestion to her teammates "Let's stick to the roads - no sense campin' out like a bunch of adventurers if nobody's lookin' for us."

Wahad
May 19, 2011

There is no escape.
The message returns almost as soon as Floriana has finished sending it. "Discretion is still imperative. Time is irrelevant. Let us know when you arrive in Waterdeep. We'll be there." The more experienced travelers among you know that it's about a tenday to the city, if you stick to the roads, keep a reasonable pace and don't exhaust your horses. You're unsure of how adjusted these steeds are to long-distance traveling, so it would be unwise to press them if you don't know how where to swap them out. It's gonna be a long ride, longer if you want to be careful. But this first night, you ride, first at a rapid pace to increase your distance from the city, and then slower when you're sure nobody's come after you.

You make camp a few hours away from Neverwinter, in a sheltered thicket a little ways away from the road. It might not be ideal, but you're all tired from the high tension of your performance, and the horses need rest as well if they are to make a full day's travel tomorrow. A good night's rest will probably mean you can wake up just before noon, maybe a little earlier.

Donata: Spending time with your new weapon overnight has allowed you a greater understanding of its capabilities... though you sense that while it has found a place with you, it is still holding back its true power. Despite this, you think it will make for an effective weapon.

Item get: The Stormfire Lance

Wahad
May 19, 2011

There is no escape.
The following tenday is a tedious journey back. Though you are without pursuit, the Shadow Thieves' extortion still gives a dissatisfied gloom to the otherwise thrilling victory of your job's completion. The horses trod on without complaint, which makes the journey somewhat easier, at least. But no major incidents prevent your progress, and so you are back to Waterdeep. You alert your patrons to your whereabouts the evening before, and they direct you, as before, to the magical mansion inside the Singing Hag's cupboard. Baern receives you with his customary good cheer, while Morgran watches you carefully - Donata and her new weapon in particular elicit some silent inspection.

"Welcome back! We were pleased to hear of your success. May we take the box?"

Wahad
May 19, 2011

There is no escape.
Your delivery of the box and subsequent payment go smoothly enough. The dwarves seem eminently pleased with your continued success, and they give you a day to yourselves, telling you to reconvene the next day.

When you do, they receive you with a smile, and even Morgran seems to be in a good mood - his usual scowl is only half as deep. Baern, as usual, makes sure everybody has plenty to eat and drink. "We are quite happy to see your skills continue to pay off, my friends. And, as such, for the next few missions, we are willing to increase the payout to 300 gold each, as usual to be received upon your delivery of the boxes. With that out of the way, to business, then!" The two of them cast their illusory images and reveal two humans. One, a young man with short hair and a cocky smile, and the other a woman of similar age, with voluminous, curly hair and innocent-looking eyes.

"Meet Count Darius Johannes Carrington III, known as Han to his friends, and Countess Mariana Wilhelmina Carrington. The Count is the current head of the Carrington estate and their affairs with the retirement of the former Count Darius Carrington II and his wife. Notably, the Carringtons are one of the more well-off noble families of Waterdeep, but their fortune is ill-gotten, for they have a long-standing relationship with many of the players in the criminal element. This is somewhat of an open secret, but nobody has really ever gotten away with confronting them on this improper behaviour, as you may imagine."

Morgran takes over after clearing his throat for a moment. "The Countess, who is the Count's unmarried sister, is his closest confidante; she is a shrewd diplomat and has an excellent mind for profit. The Count himself, unlike his father, seems to be keeping up the underworld connections mostly because it is tradition - he does not often leave the estate, instead preferring to tend to the family's collection of purebreds, the art of horsemanship seemingly somewhat of a passion; but because the siblings are thick as thieves, he is not to be underestimated. Aside from an excellent fencer, the young Count does not brook affront lightly, and acts of his revenge against such affronts have ruined lesser families."

Baern nods, and gestures in a wide arc. "The Count is throwing a gala for his friends to celebrate his birthday in a week, at their estate near Amphail. Your job is to infiltrate the mansion one way or another, find your way to the family vault, and retrieve the box as before; whatever else you may wish to abscond with is at your discretion, but be aware that the family's connections mean that they will likely have dangerous mercenaries as their personal guard, which are unlikely to arrest you if they catch you."

Manic_Misanthrope
Jul 1, 2010

FAE Character sheet

Donata's hand twitches at the sight of the count and countess, not knowing to bare her teeth in rage at their mention or smile in the knowledge that they were already targeted. "Mercenary guards," she repeated "Know where they're sourced from?"

Relentless
Sep 22, 2007

FAE Character Sheet

Slim, already up to his elbows in free food again, grunts at Donata's suggestion. "Dey ain't gonna hire da likes o' you n' me for dis shindig. Not gon'a happen.

Might get in as da entertainment, tho. Yren kin sing. I kin juggle. Can ya dance? Can ya dance if yer a bear?"

Look Around You
Jan 19, 2009

"So," Layla says, "What if we sneak in after da party? Like when mosta the guards is gone. If they hirin mercs ta watch the place, they probably only hire as many as dey need. I bet they stocks up on extra guards for they big parties and let somea dem go back to they company for other assignments when they ain't expectin guests."

Wahad
May 19, 2011

There is no escape.
Morgran watches the back and forth for a moment, before interjecting: "Unfortunately, we do not know. The Carrington family has had a number of companies to call in the past; finding out which of them they currently employ would take some investigation. That said, likely security would decrease after the gala, though they won't be completely abandoned."

Seemingly not wanting to discourage you, Baern adds: "If you do wish to infiltrate the party itself, we can point you in the direction of a reliable forger, from whom you may procure invitations. Disguises may be necessary, of course, but some invited parties will likely arrive with their own security and entourage, which may help explain the more robust looking members of your party."

Look Around You
Jan 19, 2009

"So, I guess it comes down ta if we wanna use da party as a distraction or if we wanna go in with less guards. I vote goin afterwards... less guards, less people actin suspicious of us, less points'a failure on our end..." Layla says, stating her case to the group.

Relentless
Sep 22, 2007

FAE Character Sheet

Slim nods at Layla. "Still might wanna git in fer th' party. Snoop aroun', find us some weak points." He licks some sausage grease off his fingers. "Try da appetizers."

Wol
Dec 15, 2012

See you in the
UNDERDARK

"A reliable forger?" Yren looks amused when Baern brings up the subject. "If thou appraiseth so well as thou hast with us, I wonder if I've their acquaintance already."

----

She smiles at Slim, leaning lazily to the side in her chair. "On that, Slim, we agree. Layla, we may make absurd nobles, but nobles are absurd by nature. If thou seem'st eccentric, tell them thou art from a foreign land. Thy oddity will be thus excused - and made light sport of, mayhap, but excused the same. Or, if one wonders why they haven't heard of thee, convince them the shame is theirs for their lack of social acuity. Thou can'st watch them then introduce you 'round the room, and the lie will spread as no one wishes to seem ill-informed. There's many more tricks of the like. I know not how to unravel the tapestry of their social mores, but one rule serves me well: If they feel they're about to lose face, thou hast them at thy mercy."

Wol fucked around with this message at 13:30 on May 9, 2019

Tardzilla
Aug 31, 2006

"Yren's not wrong," speaks up Val, "I've dealt with my share of nobles, and I can tell you that most of them are as shallow as you expect them to be. We can probably convince them that Silm is a dignitary from some far off land if we try hard enough," she leans back on her chair, arms crossed, "I say we get our disguises, practice our cover stories, and go in while the party's happening."

Wahad
May 19, 2011

There is no escape.
"It sounds like you have a fine plan in mind. We'll leave you to it then. As to the forger, you may find them in the store known as Curios of the Realm, down in the South Ward. Ask for the house recommendation." Baern seems content with your plan of approach, and the two dwarves join hands. "We look forward to your successful return. Goodbye!" As before, they blink out of existence, leaving you to your plan.

The magical abode remains, leaving you at least with some time to plan out your disguises, your cover story, and other approaches for attending the party. You have a full week to prepare.

Third heist is a go with the planning phase! To wit, the following information is known.

Location: The Carrington estate, a short while away from Amphail.

Security measures: Mercenaries hired by the Carringtons, of an as-yet unknown company.

Persons of Interest:
- Count Darius Johannes Carrington III. Human, noble. Patriarch-to-be of the Carrington family. Likes horseriding, excellent fencer, not much interest in hanging out with criminals.
- Countess Mariana Wilhelmina Carrington. Human, noble. Sister and confidante to the Count. Skilled diplomat, the brain utilizing the family's underworld's connections.

Wahad
May 19, 2011

There is no escape.
After some discussion, and with the prospect of a full week of preparation before the party even begins, you decide to head to Amphail first, and try to scope out the general situation, as well as trying to find who's on the guest list, and a means of getting yourself on there as well, if such a thing is possible. Your horses, refreshed after their long journey, are happy to take you to Amphail, which is only a two hour journey from Waterdeep. The weather is sunny and the temperature is pleasant, so at the very least it's a nice enough trip.

Before you even see the town, however, you [i]smell/i] it. The grassy smell of horse manure reaches your nostrils as you crest one of the hills on the road, cloying and foul. The first thing you see are the farms surrounding the village itself, likely the source of the smell as it is used to fertilize the fields which are responsible for many of the crops feeding Waterdeep. Then, the first manors enter your vision, a stark contrast to the simple farmhouses in their opulence and size. Each of the manors has a significant estate surrounding it, though some more significant than others. The village itself has a few commercial buildings you can see, some taverns and merchants, and a single temple to Lathander that you can see even from a distance, as it is the tallest building there, though not the largest.

You have entered Amphail, the nobles' playground. Where do you start your reconnaissance?

Look Around You
Jan 19, 2009

"Aight, Donata, can you scout out da guards' patrols before we go further? I don't want no surprise patrols sneakin up on us while we snoopin near that mansion." Layla says, patting Donata on the back.

Manic_Misanthrope
Jul 1, 2010

FAE Character sheet

Giving a curt nod to Layla, Donata takes a few steps behind a nearby tree for privacy leaving only a squirrel with surprisingly haunting eyes running past towards the grounds owned by the Carrington. Let's see if they're smart enough to use dogs in the day. She thought to herself, scurrying over a leaf covered wall.

Wahad
May 19, 2011

There is no escape.
Finding the Carrington's estate is relatively easy. It's not the biggest manor around, but it is the manor with the biggest grounds, somewhat away from the village itself. The grounds themselves are relatively barren of any distinguishing features; there is the manor, a servant's building, and a large stable - but for the most part, it is plain field with lush grass. Near the mansion, there is a fountain, and a small hedgemaze behind the house itself that you reckon is probably for lounging. Though there is a fence surrounding the estate, it is not guarded, and you don't see any immediate patrols.

Donata runs across the fields without many obstacles. Near the stable, you see some armored figures - they don't wear any colors, so they're likely mercenaries, but it seems you've found (some of) the guards. There's three of them, and they're seated on upturned crates or boxes, surrounding what seems to be a game of some sort. From a distance, they look human, with plain leather skullcaps, and they are dressed in dark leather armor.

Observing the rest of the grounds, you don't see any patrols at all, not even after a good fifteen minutes of waiting. It seems that whoever the Carringtons have hired to provide security, they're either lazy or figure that the grounds are secure enough not to warrant patrols in the middle of the day. They might be right, if the latter proves true - being so wide open, whoever would have to approach the manor would be seen from a good distance away. However, you don't see any dogs either, nor anything resembling kennels near the buildings.

Do you choose to approach one of the buildings, or head back?

--

Meanwhile, on the road, the rest of the party is hailed by a passing wagon creeping up from behind. The driver is a rotund halfling woman of a chipper disposition and dressed in plain clothes, greeting you as she reigns in the donkeys pulling her cart. "Ho there, travelers! Headed to Amphail? I know the landscape is lovely, but if y'all could just move your lovely horses aside while you admire the surroundings, I'd be able to pass easier. Cart's a bit rickety, see, and I'd hate to have to change the wheel again afore the month is over."

Whether you move aside or not, she scratches her chin in thought for a moment as she observes the gathered lot of you. "Say, y'all ain't from round here, are ya? Do you need directions? I know with all the fancy landowners' houses, it might seem a bit intimidating, but never let it be said the commonfolk of Amphail ain't gracious hosts."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Look Around You
Jan 19, 2009

"Aight, one sec," Layla says as she moves the cart out of the way. "We just passin through from outta town. Do y'all got a inn or a tavern around here that we can get somethin ta eat at?"