Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

a false
Mar 5, 2009

I DECIDE
WHO LIVES
AND WHO DIES
he’s uh, really really good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ergo Propter Hog
Jul 21, 2014

T-Bone has been skipped.

Up next:
Drunk Canuck (until 2:07)
Good Soldier Svejk
Ginette Reno
rex rabidorum vires

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

^^^ just beaten

T-Bone (skipped at 12:07 PM EST
Drunk Canuck (until 2:07 PM EST)
Me
Ginette Reno

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
Jack Eichel

Drunk Canuck
Jan 9, 2010

Robots ruin all the fun of a good adventure.

Hello as the GM that didn't think a coach would be taken before I picked woof

We select Anze Kopitar.

Drunk Canuck
Jan 9, 2010

Robots ruin all the fun of a good adventure.

Svejk until 2:20
Ginette Reno

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
I think there are probably better guys than Eichel but I want another shot at a young dumb team so there you go

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

This is a tough slot to pick in.
Lots of players generally around the same skill level so it's more of an age/contract choice.
Centers are the easiest to build around and the truly elite ones go first so I'll take MARK SCHEIFELE
It's not every PPG center that can do this, either

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
Ginette wants Pastrnak.

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
rex rabidorum vires (until 3:04)
Aphrodite
Teemu Pokemon

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

Lots of players generally around the same skill level so it's more of an age/contract choice.
Centers are the easiest to build around and the truly elite ones go first so I'll take MARK SCHEIFELE

This is a really good pick and now Im sad.

tofes
Mar 31, 2011

#1 Milpitas Dave and Buster's superfan since 2013

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

Scheifele was the other guy on my short list, I probably would have taken him if he was 22 like Barkov

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN
Good Afternoon the Anaheim Ducks of Anaheim would like to select Brad Marchand.

Not only for his elite level play also for the time he was suspend because of:

code:
April 4, 2017		Spearing Jake Dotchin			2 games	$109,756.10
January 23, 2018	Elbowing Marcus Johansson		5 games	$373,475.60
March 1, 2018		Diving/Embellishment (second citation)		$2,000.00
April 1, 2018		Cross-checking Andrew MacDonald			$5,000.00
January 24, 2017	Dangerous trip against Niklas Kronwall		$10,000.00
December 29, 2015	Clipping Mark Borowiecki		3 games	$164,634.15
November 12, 2015	Roughing Gabriel Landeskog			$5,000.00
January 15, 2015	Slew-footing Derick Brassard		2 games	$48,387.10
January 7, 2012		Clipping Sami Salo			5 games	
December 5, 2011	Slew-footing Matt Niskanen			$2,500 U.S.
Finally, we at Anaheim appreciate the willingness of Marchand to do what it takes as demonstrated by his willingness to lick players.

Edit: Aphrodite 3:57PM
Teemu Pokemon
mentholmoose
Mamma Lucia
Kilza

rex rabidorum vires fucked around with this message at 18:58 on Jul 10, 2018

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
marchand was my first choice but i decided that a) id rather like my team and b) id have more fun working a gimmick

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN
I appreciate that...Marchand was pretty high on the list of players for my gimmick as well.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Too busy to write a thing.

William Karlsson.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Teemu Pokemon (4:47 EST)
mentholmoose
Mamma Lucia

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
only guys who have scored sicknasty through the legs goals gimmick team

so Karlsson, Hertl, Daniel Sedin, Malik

who else we got

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
Teemu Pokemon selects Alexander Ovechkin. He also told me to post this:

quote:

someone pick me ovie and be sure to mention that he is cooler than fedorov and will get his number (un then subsequently re) retired before he does

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Aphrodite posted:

Too busy to write a thing.

William Karlsson.

This pick seems suspect.

Fake edit: 23.4 percent. Woof.

Ergo Propter Hog
Jul 21, 2014

corn on the cop posted:

Teemu Pokemon selects Alexander Ovechkin. He also told me to post this:

Kinda surprised it took it this long for him to get picked. Contract is meh, but he's still gonna be good at potting goals for a long-rear end time.

mentholmoose
Nov 5, 2009

YKNOW THERES ONLY ONE DIRECTION I KNOW AND THATS DRIVIN STRAIGHT TO THE NET
Alright, I'm gonna go for a beautiful, lovely, ginger, godlike, grilled-cheese loving, cop groping, 102 point scoring, team captaining man.

:siren:

Claude Giroux

:siren:

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

― Corey Dostoyevsky
claude "secondary assist" giroux

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

You don't luck into taking 200+ shots.

Wild Bill, baby.

Ergo Propter Hog
Jul 21, 2014

First of all, the Avalanche would like to thank City Name Sports Team for being wonderful hosts.

Second, I'd like to thank random.org for giving me a very nice roll.

Third, we select, from Windsor, Ontario, Aaron Ekblad.

Aaron has been a stud since he first entered the leauge, winning the Calder for the 2014-15 season. He's already playing first line minutes at the age of 22, and he's only going to improve. His advanced stats aren't the best, but I'm willing to bet with a team that isn't constantly giving away top assests, they'll stabilize. In addition to his defensive prowess, he can also pitch in on offense. He'll never score at the level of Erik Karlsson or [redacted], but he's also younger than both. He's also locked into a long term deal, with a very reasonable cap hit, especially as the cap continues to increase.

Up Next:
Kilza (until 5:36 pm)
Jamwad Hilder
Yaya

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Mamma Lucia posted:

First of all, the Avalanche would like to thank City Name Sports Team for being wonderful hosts.

Second, I'd like to thank random.org for giving me a very nice roll.

Third, we select, from Windsor, Ontario, Aaron Ekblad.

Aaron has been a stud since he first entered the leauge, winning the Calder for the 2014-15 season. He's already playing first line minutes at the age of 22, and he's only going to improve. His advanced stats aren't the best, but I'm willing to bet with a team that isn't constantly giving away top assests, they'll stabilize. In addition to his defensive prowess, he can also pitch in on offense. He'll never score at the level of Erik Karlsson or [redacted], but he's also younger than both. He's also locked into a long term deal, with a very reasonable cap hit, especially as the cap continues to increase.

Up Next:
Kilza (until 5:36 pm)
Jamwad Hilder
Yaya

I was super, super high on Ekblad when he first came into the league but then he got brained a bunch of times and he hasn't seemed to get his feet all the way back under him yet.

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

So, I didn't plan on picking Victor Hedman again, but y'all let him fall to me so...

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
give me the bird man

Evgeny Kuznetsov

Also yaya is on deck until 6:13PM (EST)

Jamwad Hilder fucked around with this message at 21:18 on Jul 10, 2018

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Aphrodite posted:

You don't luck into taking 200+ shots.

Wild Bill, baby.

Correct. But Bill only took 184 last year. Out of all shooters with more than 7 goals he had the highest shooting percentage.

I love pretty much any Karlsson, but the pick is still a reach. Let's fight.

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

― Corey Dostoyevsky
it's all a part of aphro's master plan

Yaya
Nov 14, 2012

vancloober cablucks
I'll take Patrice Bergeron I guess.

He's still pretty elite.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Yaya posted:

I'll take Patrice Bergeron I guess.

He's still pretty elite.

He's still the best at what he does and probably has some good tread left on the tires but he's getting up there

Next Up:
i am the bird (6:20 EST)
Furnaceface
Aye Doc
Aye Doc

i am the bird
Mar 2, 2005

I SUPPORT ALL THE PREDATORS
The Arizona Coyotes are pleased to select Lindsey Vonn’s stunning and handsome boyfriend, Pernell Karl Sylvester Subban.

https://twitter.com/PKSubban1/status/1014512249338146816?s=20

i am the bird fucked around with this message at 23:13 on Jul 10, 2018

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

i am the bird posted:

The Arizona Coyotes are pleased to select Lindsey Vonn’s stunning and handsome boyfriend, Pernell Karl Sylvester Subban.

A good and handsome pick.

Furnaceface (8:10 PM EST)
Aye Doc
Aye Doc

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause
well there goes my gambit for coolest team ever gimmick

imagine the mike green segway snuff film but with horses

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Aye Doc is up til 10:10 AM EST tomorrow

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

we here at the Tampa Bay Lightning welcome any and all body types to our team and our fanbase. this year, we would like to honor a certain sect of our fans by drafting a team in their image. there are many talented players on the board, elite scorers are still available... but we want none of them. what Tampa Bay wants, and knows its fans want too, is Big. Beautiful. Skaters. if you aren't thicc, you best let go of that stick. with our first two selections for Team Girthulessence, Tampa Bay is proud to choose Phil Kessel, The Robust Right Winger and Dustin "Tremendous" Byfuglien. weighing in at a deceptive 203 pounds, Phil looks the part of a Lord of Fatness even if he does not always play and skate like it. Dustin is known for a playing weight of around 265, and has repeatedly ballooned up to the 280s and even 300 pounds in the offseason. let's look to our defensive stalwart for some inspirational words:

"Every year it’s always the same stuff and somebody is always going to comment on something. For me, it’s my weight. I sit and smile at it. It doesn’t matter, as long as I’m able to move and go.”

that's the man I want leading, and captaining my team - "I don't care how fat I am, as long as I can move." team motto, boys

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

― Corey Dostoyevsky
brings a tear to my eye

mentholmoose
Nov 5, 2009

YKNOW THERES ONLY ONE DIRECTION I KNOW AND THATS DRIVIN STRAIGHT TO THE NET
Aye Doc you better make sure you have room on payroll for hot dog vendors.

Furnaceface has two picks to make, i am the bird is on the clock until 10:26 AM ET.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

I never thought I could love a gimmick team but I am glad to be proven wrong