Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Oh, well, that's all water under the bridge, as I always say. Water under the bridge!

Jose Oquendo posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1bhlmMFZBVs

Joe Bob Briggs is back! A 24 hour stream of movies picked by him. According to his Twitter, the first movie is on the free Shudder stream, after that it's behind the paywall, which is like 4 bucks. The video has more details. I couldn't find an exact start time, but I'm sure we'll find out soon.

I'm so loving stoked for this. I preemptively give it 4 stars, check it out.

Hells yes.

Bring on the chainsaw-fu.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Oh, well, that's all water under the bridge, as I always say. Water under the bridge!

feedmyleg posted:

I still have about half the episodes to watch, but the only thing that really didn't work about the revival was the misogyny. I get that it's all in character and doesn't actually represent Bloom, but having a ditsy bimbo assistant with tits out wearing daisy dukes (which I think they were trying to maybe subvert?) and Jo Bob throwing around gendered insults is not a good look for any character in 2018. It's nice that he tried with the trans stuff around Sleepaway Camp, but that came off a bit like "Grandpa's trying to be progressive but still uses the word shemale".

Outside of that, it was a runaway success. But it definitely left me with an icky feeling that made it a bit hard to recommend to the uninitiated.

I’ve been rewatching old MonsterVision clips on YouTube, and a lot of that stuff - like Rusty the mail girl - is pretty hardcoded into the DNA of the character. It hadn’t aged well there, and it didn’t work here either. The irony is of course that John Bloom, the critic, is super loving insightful, and the most interesting stuff always comes from when he drops the character a bit and just riffs on trivia and stuff.

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

sponges posted:

My friend invited me over to watch the stream and after it didn’t work he put on that Carrot Top movie, Chairman of the Board

Still kind of counts as a horror marathon.

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Lurdiak posted:

Sure, and Wentworth Miller is this generation's Orson Welles.

How dare you suggest that Wentworth Miller doesn’t have the chops to pull off Unicron.

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Violator posted:

Dang, the gore in Blood Rage is pretty bonkers. Impressive for a movie that flew under the radar for so long.

I appreciate that the movie has like, three sets but god drat if it didn't know where to put what money it had.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Elvira rules and I would throw down honest money to see her do her thing again with real production behind it.