Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Reinforcements/ambushes in any srpg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

The worst is when you lose to this, then on your next try win easily cause you knew it was coming but now the achievement is hollow.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

there's a slime enemy in darkest dungeon that can clone itself, and if it does this enough they'll combine into a really tough miniboss, and the miniboss can attack and clone itself at the same time so you can wind up fighting 2 and basically being hosed

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

finally beating wiegraf with ramza and then having the rest of your party come in alongside 4 ultima demons

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Radios in New Vegas Dead Money

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Honestly Dead Money in hardcore mode is one long phanto chase. Your health continually deteriorates and you have to weigh between exploring more of the city or moving on to the objective because of your limited healing resources.

I would say the gachunk sound made by the ghost walkers is a phanto chase but you figure out how to kill them permanently pretty early on

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

nightmare difficulty in doom

Frond
Mar 12, 2018

extremebuff posted:

the dogs in bloodborne and DS3 are programmed to teleport on top of you if you're not looking at them and they're still aggro'd on you

The undead dogs in Bloodborne are insane.

Frond
Mar 12, 2018
The suicide bombers in Gunforce, who are fast and will relentlessly pursue you until they detonate (instantly killing you, like everything else). Shooting them if they are too close will also kill you.

The Lizard Nightmare during the DRT trial(Light Blue Cars) in Ridge Racer Type 4. It's ungodly fast and can catch up to you in an instant.

Frond fucked around with this message at 06:04 on Jul 4, 2018

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

Metroid Prime 2 Echoes, anything in the dark world before you get the Dark Suit. That energy drain was really quick.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
The butler in tomb raider 3. get in the fridge you old bag of shite

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

I.N.R.I posted:

The butler in tomb raider 3. get in the fridge you old bag of shite

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=13YlEPwOfmk

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

lmao classic

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
When I was a kid, the last stage of Bart vs The Space mutants used to scare the crap out of me when Marge would all of a sudden pop up on screen placing the nuclear rods you gave her in the basement.

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

Maniac mansion when the Edison Family music cues when you enter a room

Or when the doorbell rings

SoR Blaze
Apr 12, 2006
When you venture into a demon's domain in SMT4 or SMT4:A and get into a random battle, get half your party wiped and your MC killed in the first turn due to being underleveled, then looking down at the escape chance of 11% and realizing you gotta get healed up before you can have a decent chance at escaping alive

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

When your healer is all out of MP and you realize the only hope is to kill the boss before it kills you.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

P-Mack posted:

When your healer is all out of MP and you realize the only hope is to kill the boss before it kills you.

when that hail mary works tho

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

P-Mack posted:

this happened to me on godbird in DQ8 and jessica's desperate 7 damage smack with 2 others down finished it off

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

extremebuff posted:

this happened to me on godbird in DQ8 and jessica's desperate 7 damage smack with 2 others down finished it off

When the Phanto Chase becomes a Goomba Stomp

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

sector_corrector posted:

the annor londo run in DS1, after getting past the first two snipers and then dealing with the sword and shield knight right before the ledge

the anor londo archers on version 1.0 before they patched them to be significantly easier

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Mr. Sophistication posted:

the anor londo archers on version 1.0 before they patched them to be significantly easier

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

lol. i wasnt trying to one up him though.. it was just more stressful before

shove me like you do
Dec 9, 2007

Real Neato

Fun Shoe
The "Oh hey you're drowning" music from Sonic.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

The dungeon with the waterwraith in Pikmin 2 is a super stressful moment in an already stressful game.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
https://twitter.com/NosaIsabor/status/1016195200274886656

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

When the epic battle music starts and Geralt unsheathes his sword but you don't see anything..

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

When the epic battle music starts and Geralt unsheathes his sword but you don't see anything..

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Seeing the insane freakish creepypasta bats/whatever visual effect for when you happen upon a Leshen. Witcher 3.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
Playing Evil Within 2 right now and it's got a lot of these lol. I just did some optional (? I think? it feels like a TON of the content is optional which is cool and makes exploring the hub areas feel great, there are tons of weird little vignettes and hallucinations if you look around) event and I guess my "reward" from it is now this unkillable ghost lady occasionally spawns while I'm wandering around and slowly glides towards me while singing at me. It's very stressful

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Tubular in Super Mario World where you had to cross the stage with balloon Mario and you were hosed if the power up timed out or if ANYTHING touched you

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

Plutonis posted:

Tubular in Super Mario World where you had to cross the stage with balloon Mario and you were hosed if the power up timed out or if ANYTHING touched you

Hardest level in the game without a doubt.

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home

P-Mack posted:

Hardest level in the game without a doubt.

A CRUNK BIRD
Sep 29, 2004

Plutonis posted:

This but the level in Earthworm Jim 2 where you had to fly the rocket over the level while being bombarded with old guys from the ground. gently caress that level

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

The level on earthworm jim where you are going up the stairs on a chair elevator and grannies keep falling on the screen and if they fall on you they beat your rear end as you lose progress

A CRUNK BIRD
Sep 29, 2004

Plutonis posted:

The level on earthworm jim where you are going up the stairs on a chair elevator and grannies keep falling on the screen and if they fall on you they beat your rear end as you lose progress

That one was actually not that bad once you got the rhythm down

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

playing earthworm jim in general

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

trying to jack off posted:

playing earthworm jim in general

This

• Locked thread