Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Seth is really over, what should we do with this situation?
This poll is closed.
Put over... THE BIG DOG! 54 43.90%
Make Seth lose the title! 24 19.51%
Take money out of Kevin Owens' paycheck 25 20.33%
Capitalize on Seth, push him to the moon (comedy option) 20 16.26%
Total: 78 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Raw Results:
  • A graphic opened the show in memory of the late, great Big Van Vader
  • The show opened with Kurt Angle, who introduced HEY INTRODUCE BARON CORBIN TOO. The show opened with Kurt Angle and Baron Corbin, with Angle referencing a facebook post made by Paul Heyman that had created questions about Brock Lesnar.
  • Roman Reigns came out, followed by Bobby Lashley, wanting to hear what was going on with Brock. They argued back and forth over who was best suited to face Brock. Kurt explained neither would, as Brock had pulled out of the match. Roman said this is what Brock does, but Lashley said that Brock was just sick and tired of Roman like everybody else. Reigns challenged Lashley to a match at Extreme Rules.
  • The Revival came out and asked Kurt if they could have a match against Roman and Lashley, and Baron Corbin spoke up to agree on Angle's behalf.
  • The Revival defeated Roman Reigns and Bobby Lashley, after Reigns and Lashley failed to get on and Roman tagged himself in, wouldn't tag Lashley back in, knocked Lashley off the apron and then speared and pinned the wrong person, allowing Wilder to roll him up and hold the tights for the win. Lashley sarcastically applauded Roman for failing to finish the job.
  • The Deleters of Worlds did a promo first congratulating and then threatening The B Team. The B Team responded with another parody of Matt and Bray.
  • Rey Mysterio was announced as an unlockable character in WWE 2k19, with various wrestlers and finally Mysterio himself shown in the mask making comments about him.
  • Curtis Axel defeated Matt Hardy in a surprisingly quick match which was sold as a result of a slip but seemed pretty clean. Afterwards Matt lead the crowd in a mocking standing ovation of Axel.
  • A recap of last week's altercation between Sasha Banks and Bayley was shown, and then Sasha was seen arguing backstage with Kurt Angle.
  • The Authors of Pain stormed around backstage, they bumped into Titus Worldwide and dismissed Titus' attempt to give them advice.
  • Bayley welcomed Alicia Fox back, I believe the first time she has been seen since screaming at a Tiki-themed Turd Golem on Wrestlemania weekend? Kurt Angle told Bayley she would tag with Ember Moon AND Sasha Banks tonight.
  • The Authors of Pain destroyed a couple of jobbers. Titus Worldwide ran out to confront them but AoP left.
  • Finn Balor showed up backstage and cracked some jokes at Corbin's expense. BRAUN arrived and mentioned to Kurt that since Kevin Owens had offered to be his friend last week, he wanted to give it a shot. Angle agreed, and BRAUN said he'd like to face Finn Balor... and Baron Corbin.
  • Alexa Bliss came out with Mickie James to revel in being the Women's Champion again AND Ronda Rousey being suspended. She mocked Nia, saying that she'd felt winning at Wrestlemania was HER feel-good story, but it turned out Alexa was the real hero of the story. Nattie came out and Alexa mocked her too, until Nattie revealed she had a match scheduled against Alexa, and would have Nia in her corner.
  • Nattie defeated Alexa in a non-title match, after Mickie interfered which distracted the referee, which allowed Nia to also interfere and trip Alexa, allowing Nattie to put her into the sharpshooter. Mickie cradled Alexa like a baby after the match.
  • Seth Rollins was interviewed and said that Drew McIntyre would have the best seat in the house to see Seth win back his Intercontinental Title from Dolph Ziggler in the main event.
  • The Riott Squad wrecked up the joint while Jinder Mahal was doing a photoshoot, but Jinder was composed, saying he's now all about peace.
  • The Riott Squad defeated Sasha Banks, Bayley and Ember Moon. Ruby Riott scored a small package win on Sasha. Immediately post-match, Bayley went ballistic and beat the utter poo poo out of Sasha, but the crowd popped huge and were chanting for Bayley and treating her like absolutely 100% the babyface.
  • Kevin Owens begged Kurt Angle not to team him with BRAUN, convinced that BRAUN wanted to eat him. Kurt assured Kevin that he was sure the two could be friends.
  • Mojo Rawley vs No Way Jose never happened, as Mojo said the conga line was ridiculous and Jose wasn't worthy of a match. The crowd cheered for one of the entourage - Todd - after learning his name. Mojo laid out Jose with a punch and Jose got back up and did... nothing.
  • Kurt Angle accused Bayley of not caring about the Women's Evolution, and demanded she undertake counselling or be fired. The crowd booed Kurt.
  • BRAUN and Kevin Owens defeated Finn Balor and Baron Corbin by countout, after Corbin/Balor got into an argument and ended up fighting up the ramp. Owens got freaked out by Strowman and ran away, hiding in the locker room and then taking off for his car after BRAUN went the wrong way looking for the guy "with a bowling ball under his shirt". Owens ran to get the keys to his car, but BRAUN had them, and revealed he had flipped Owens' car before leaving with a laugh.
  • Seth Rollins and Dolph Ziggler had a really loving good match that went 30+ minutes and was building to a fantastic crescendo... and then Drew McIntyre (who had been ejected earlier by the ref) showed up and hauled Seth out of the ring, causing a DQ.
  • Dolph and Drew were gonna put a beating on Seth when Roman's music hit (and got a really big pop) and he came down and speared the absolute gently caress out of Dolph as he tried to intercept him.
  • Seth was announced as the winner, but Dolph's music played out the show after Jojo reminded the crowd that Dolph was STILL the Intercontinental Champion.

Smackdown Results:
  • MizTV opened the show, with Miz inviting out The Bludgeon Brothers and trying very nervously to interview them. They simply stood and ignored him so he went on a rant about Daniel Bryan, until they slapped the mic out of his hand and looked set to attack him. Daniel Bryan came out, told Miz to shut up, and demanded to know which of the three wanted to fight him first. Rowan was going to respond but Harper took the lead, warning Bryan he was going to teach him when enough was enough.
  • New Day was backstage, where Mr. Bootyworth blended some pancakes and gave them to Xavier Woods to drink.
  • Rusev defeated Xavier in a singles match that was kicked off by the two sharing taunts over Social Media about Rusev's long history of beating Xavier. He once again managed to force Xavier to tap to the Accolade. Rusev did a promo saying tonight was all about AJ Styles, who he knew was scared of him, and he was going to take the title from him.
  • Jeff Hardy did a promo in creepy face makeup, ahead of his US Title open challenge after Shinsuke Nakamura had to pull out due to - I poo poo you not - being bit by a police dog.
  • Naomi and Lana met with the cast of GLOW and had a remarkably awkward mutual admiration society meeting. Kharma was not present but Alison Brie was, and ended the segment with a freeze frame.
  • Eric Young from Sanity answered Jeff Hardy's US Title Open Challenge.
  • Eric Young vs Jeff Hardy ended with a DQ victory to Eric Young after the Usos jumped the rest of Sanity at ringside several minutes into the match. Young hauled an Uso into the ring and got taken down by him, which caused the ref to call for the bell. Jeff joined the Usos in fighting Sanity.
  • Jeff Hardy and the Usos defeated Sanity in a Six Man Tag. The crowd was really into the match and especially the finish, with the Usos setting up a dive on Young and Dain outside the ring, freeing Jeff to hit the Swanton Bomb on Alexander Wolfe and get the pin.
  • Becky had originally been scheduled to face Peyton Royce, but the match was changed at some point to be against Sonya Deville, with them shooting an angle "earlier today" in which Sonya and Mandy mocked Becky backstage and Sonya answered Becky's challenge to fight.
  • Becky defeated Sonya, submitting her with the Disarmer after Mandy Rose got knocked down and wasn't able to interfere.
  • James Ellsworth was backstage playing with his Asuka mask. He bumped into Tye Dillinger who explained that with the mask he is a 10, without it he is a 1.
  • Zelina did a promo with Andrade, saying they'd put Sin Cara on the shelf and now he'd had no new challenges because everybody was scared of him, which they should be. She advised everybody to stay out of his way.
  • Ellsworth came to the ring to call out Asuka, dropping a lot of MRA-style lines. Paige answered his challenge, pointing out that he was only acting brave because he had been seen going around confirming Asuka wasn't there. She informed him that Carmella would defend her title against Asuka at Extreme Rules. Ellsworth decided that she'd only come out because she had a thing for him, and asked her on a date. Paige agreed to a date next Tuesday, but when he accepted she explained it was actually a match, and it wouldn't be with her but against Asuka.
  • Harper did a silent "promo", and then Daniel Bryan was showing warming up with help from Luke Gallows, while Karl Anderson stood in the background flexing his abs.
  • Daniel Bryan beat Luke Harper by DQ after getting Harper into the Yes Lock only for Rowan to jump him, causing the DQ (just like with Eric Young/Jeff Hardy and Seth Rollins/Dolph Ziggler).
  • Rowan and Harper were putting a beating on Daniel Bryan when KANE of all people returned.
  • Kane beat on Harper and Rowan but they got the better of him due to numbers, only for Bryan to recover and save Kane this time. The two faced off as the crowd chanted,"TEAM HELL NO!" and "HUG IT OUT!"
  • Kane stepped towards a suspicious Bryan and threw his arms wide for a hug. Bryan declined and Kane looked sad, but the crowd chanted YES! till he finally hugged Kane to a big pop.
  • Paige cut off the celebration to make an announcement: The Bludgeon Brothers would defend their Tag Team Titles at Extreme Rules against Team Hell No!

Jerusalem fucked around with this message at 03:00 on Jun 27, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
A really good 30 minute main event just turned into another non-finish so it can be a vehicle to try and get Roman over. That was basically everything wrong with WWE right now in a nutshell.

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

They looked at Bayley and Sasha Banks and decided that between them Bayley should be the heel.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

So from the recap I read that provided the basis for MY recap, it sounds like Bayley was treated like a super-face by the crowd but WWE is going full steam ahead with the idea she is the heel?

Edit: Welp!

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
I was hoping Dean would show up to rescue Seth. Alas...

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
I mean I didn't expect they were going to flip the title back to Rollins, so your only options there are "Dolph wins clean" or "some bullshit happens".

Still, daring choice to book Roman Reigns as a complete loving idiot in that opening match. And also now Extreme Rules doesn't have a main event? I guess?

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Bayley got cheered

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
Bayley wailing on Sasha while yelling "YOU AIN'T poo poo!" almost makes up for the months of false starting this angle.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Today's Botchamania #369 is a very good mix of human tragedies Roman Reigns and Jonathan Coachman as well as other hilarious/cringy stuff. A+ very coordinated heckling by Chicago.

https://botchamania.com/2018/06/25/botchamania-369/

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
So wait, they just canceled the multi-man main event for Extreme Rules? :lol:

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

The idea of "Heel Bayley" brings you back to the continual problem with the main roster, in that this sounds like an intriguing concept but you know they'll crap the bed.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

piss tape israel posted:

I was hoping Dean would show up to rescue Seth. Alas...

For a very brief moment I thought that was gonna happen. I should have known better. I still enjoyed that Raw overall though. That said I genuinely don't know what is happening with the Extreme Rules main event or why.

fatherofmustard
May 15, 2018

I thought Raw was better than usual.

Borrowed Ladder
May 4, 2007

monarch of the sleeping marches
I think Omega/Okada broke my brain and I cannot endure WWE anymore. It's like the theory of the cave up in this bitch.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

I know that we had it for a long time and it was pretty awful, but I still think a long run with Seth Rollins as Champion would be such a breath of fresh air for Raw. So long as they just kept him a million miles away from any McMahons or Authority angles.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Also I can't hate that Roman spear OR Dolph's sell of it. Just beautiful.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

D.N. Nation posted:

The idea of "Heel Bayley" brings you back to the continual problem with the main roster, in that this sounds like an intriguing concept but you know they'll crap the bed.

Especially since the natural roles for Sasha and Bayley regardless of their interactions together are Heel Sasha, Face Bayley and there is absolutely no need to try to subvert that or "fix" it - just let the two go at it in a way that best fits their natural talents. I mean hell, the crowd certainly thinks Bayley is the face in all of this.

SamuraiFoochs posted:

:hai:

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002

Jerusalem posted:

So from the recap I read that provided the basis for MY recap, it sounds like Bayley was treated like a super-face by the crowd but WWE is going full steam ahead with the idea she is the heel?

Edit: Welp!

It's kind of weird because Bayley is the one who initiated physicality with Sasha both last week and tonight and that almost always indicates a heel turn, but the announcer's were treating her behavior kind of neutrally and trying to justify it was built up, had enough frustration. And her reaction to Kurt afterward where he threatened to fire her if she doesn't attend counseling next week is kind of face-ish. It feels like it could still go either way depending on what Sasha does next week.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer

Jerusalem posted:

I know that we had it for a long time and it was pretty awful, but I still think a long run with Seth Rollins as Champion would be such a breath of fresh air for Raw. So long as they just kept him a million miles away from any McMahons or Authority angles.

I feel like they're gearing up for Braun Stroman which would be good, he's proven he can be a beast and handle the goofier stuff too.

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction
Braun pre-flipped Kevin's car?

Did Kevin at any point moan "Ah, man that was a rental?" I must know.

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Yeah, even in mid-hatred over the ending I think I yelled audibly at that.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Maxwell Lord posted:

I feel like they're gearing up for Braun Stroman which would be good, he's proven he can be a beast and handle the goofier stuff too.

The thing is there's probably three great immediately feasible options for Universal Champ (Seth, Braun, Finn), two more that would also be good with some build (KO and Drew) and one at least vaguely intriguing unknown (Lashley). It really is "anyone but Roman".

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN
Wait, so what actually is the deal with the ER main event? They're just not picking a new challenger for Brock yet or what?

And that Raw wasn't TERRIBLE. The crowd was really good, and there were some good moments (Bayley beating on Sasha, Braun/KO, Seth/Dolph minus ending). As always, the Reigns stuff was annoying as hell.

SamuraiFoochs posted:

The thing is there's probably three great immediately feasible options for Universal Champ (Seth, Braun, Finn), two more that would also be good with some build (KO and Drew) and one at least vaguely intriguing unknown (Lashley). It really is "anyone but Roman".

I feel like (and hope) they might be doing something with Finn and Braun. I feel like you don't share that much screentime with someone else on WWE TV without it becoming an angle of some sort. Of course they could just end up doing Finn/Braun v. KO/Corbin at Extreme Rules and it won't matter at all.

For some reason, I have an odd amount of faith that they're not going to run back Reigns/Lesnar at Summerslam. I don't know why this is, and yes I know it's stupid, but I feel like WWE booking has been kind of swervy lately, so one can hope.

Professor Funk fucked around with this message at 04:36 on Jun 26, 2018

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

Ragnarok the Red posted:

if she doesn't attend counseling next week

They’re bringing back the team hell no anger management councilor aren’t they?

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I'm aware this is probably just a work, but if Brock doesn't defend the belt at SummerSlam, then one has to assume he's just not gonna show up at all until WM35, huh.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Ragnarok the Red posted:

It's kind of weird because Bayley is the one who initiated physicality with Sasha both last week and tonight and that almost always indicates a heel turn, but the announcer's were treating her behavior kind of neutrally and trying to justify it was built up, had enough frustration. And her reaction to Kurt afterward where he threatened to fire her if she doesn't attend counseling next week is kind of face-ish. It feels like it could still go either way depending on what Sasha does next week.

its stupid to make bayley the heel because all of this was started when sasha started poo poo with bayley. Sasha turned on Bayley during the Chamber kicking her off a pod, eliminated Bayley from the Rumble, Sasha jumped Bayley backstage in the build up to the Women's Wrestlemania Battle Royal all because Bayley said she's held the Women's title longer. Bayley's the face for not putting up with Sasha's fake friend bullshit.

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

VJeff posted:

I'm aware this is probably just a work, but if Brock doesn't defend the belt at SummerSlam, then one has to assume he's just not gonna show up at all until WM35, huh.

Hey, if he stays away until after the next MitB then Braun can never cash in on him!

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Heel Bayley is a license to print money

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
They're going to have Bayley cut a "YOU PEOPLE" promo next week because she's the heel and this company is stupid

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

oldpainless posted:

Heel Bayley is a license to print money
Dress her up like Kane and then have the bayley buddies shoot out with angry eyebrows while also on fire.

Also if they do a rematch with Alexa where she "gets it now" and murders Alexa for the belt that would be great. But won't happen.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
I don't know what happened tonight on Monday night raw because I was busy but I can just assume that my request for crow bayley has finally been heard

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

piss tape israel posted:

They're going to have Bayley cut a "YOU PEOPLE" promo next week because she's the heel and this company is stupid

Bayley: But the crowd is cheering me!
Vince: They're just being defiant, it's a bizarro crowd, you have to book for the larger audience and how they feel!
Bayley: But you say that every week and every week they keep cheering me.
Vince: Well I better dock your pay then!

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

piss tape israel posted:

they have her and sasha going to counseling next week actually

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Just watched the Bayley/Sasha segment and I really dug it - yeah they're completely bizarre in terms of the heel/face alignment, but it was so great to hear the crowd going nuts for something involving those two.

I'm still mad we didn't get them in a match against each other at Wrestlemania.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Seems kind of obvious that Brock is going to show up and crush Reigns and Lashley.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
To be fair Sting and Hogan never tried counseling, it mighta worked

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP
John Cena and Ford settled out of court and Ford is donating Cena's money to charity.

Cool!

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

VJeff posted:

So wait, they just canceled the multi-man main event for Extreme Rules? :lol:

https://twitter.com/RealKurtAngle/status/1011464649915502593

Also looks like Bayley and Sasha will be going to counselling.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Haha, you can hear a fan shout "I'M PROUD OF YOU BAYLEY!" clear as day on the youtube clip.

Commentary was really pushing that as a face move by Bayley, tbh. Doubt it'll be that way next week.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
okay after watching the bayley thing that's actually an extremely good segment for her to turn into crow bayley so i'm further confirming my booking wishes.

seriously though, even if that was meant to be a bayley heel turn, listen to that crowd. that's a "han shot first" moment and it is rare that you can strike on an anti-hero face like that so naturally. just fuckin go for it. bayley is absolutely the face on this, all the pathos is behind her.

• Locked thread