Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Finally made a nightshade template with all MP armor. Managed to actually cap EVERYTHING except envenom, for which I shall use a swap item.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bongsnake
Jul 28, 2004
We're Jammin

DJDace posted:

My wife, brother-in-law and I are playing on Alb Phoenix - Cleric, Merc and Sorc. Not sure if anyone else is playing in Albion or if it's strictly Mid and Hib goons :)

If that's the case, we're at 45 now and should hit 50 within the week so I guess I'll mez you assholes in the near future.

Im on alb a lot.

Hit me up on femalecelt, slashstick, forehead

DJDace
Mar 23, 2005
Professional Idiot - When to comes to stupid, we don't fuck around!

bongsnake posted:

Im on alb a lot.

Hit me up on femalecelt, slashstick, forehead

Will do! I saw you idling in the Phoenix Discord and meant to send you a message on Tuesday night.

I primarily play my Sorc named Draede. My wife plays her Cleric Felurien and my brother-in-laws Merc is named Hems.

We tried doing DF Tuesday while we had it but Alb didn't hold control for long and the Mids cleared us out before we were able to fully capitalize on the 4 personal tasks you can complete simultaneously at the drinker spawn. We'll likely push through the last 5 levels to 50 mostly near Caer Diogel doing task item turns ins and kill tasks and mix in some Frontier xping and PvP.

We just came back to DAoC about a month or so ago after not playing since like 2004. We played Mid Percival for most of the time we played during the heyday of the game so I wanted to play a realm and class type I didn't have a lot of experience with this time to make it more interesting. I miss how much simpler group composition is in Midgard but the change of pace is nice.

DJDace fucked around with this message at 14:07 on Apr 11, 2019

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord
My nostalgia oblongata has been activated. I'm Doubel on Alb Phoenix, but chances are I'm gonna go full altitis rather than get to 50.

DJDace
Mar 23, 2005

Freakazoid_ posted:

My nostalgia oblongata has been activated. I'm Doubel on Alb Phoenix, but chances are I'm gonna go full altitis rather than get to 50.

Look us up if you ever need a group.

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord

:thunk:

gepgepgep
May 22, 2006
Most secure option is to use your government ID # as your password and make sure to tick the box. That way, if it gets unticked, you should have it easily accessible.

nousername
Mar 1, 2005
mainliner

gepgepgep posted:

This is how I read this. :hfive:

accurate but I wanna play mid

gepgepgep
May 22, 2006

nousername posted:

accurate but I wanna play mid
Cool, I'm a level 40 Healer and have an alt SM that's 18? Easy to find mid groups, come join the superior realm.

I was promising myself I'd finally try playing Alb...but I just couldn't make myself do it. :)

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord
I got denied a group the other day because the previous group I was in was lead by a guy who upset the leader of the second group over how he should've built his cleric. I don't even know these people and I got blacklisted by association.

Old school MMOs never fail to break out the worst pettiness in people. I'm just glad this server lets you squeeze out half a level alone.

fromsinkingsands
Oct 10, 2005

Gotta find Jason.

Freakazoid_ posted:

I got denied a group the other day because the previous group I was in was lead by a guy who upset the leader of the second group over how he should've built his cleric. I don't even know these people and I got blacklisted by association.

Old school MMOs never fail to break out the worst pettiness in people. I'm just glad this server lets you squeeze out half a level alone.

This.

The game is filled with people who want to tell you how it is and how it should be. I miss the days where I could actually enjoy the game and spec/play the way I want to.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
Just tell them "I am the spec that makes things dead".

Twlight
Feb 18, 2005

I brag about getting free drinks from my boss to make myself feel superior
Fun Shoe

ded posted:

Just tell them "I am the spec that makes things dead".

I usually say, whatever you want me to be then go afk.

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord
Broadsword hosed over Phoenix partially by forcing them to take a new build of the world. Some areas don't look like classic DAoC anymore. I don't know why the server doesn't host its own poo poo that's kind of weird.

In addition, found out Albion has a significant presence of maga chuds. Political derails are happening more often and the mods have only handed out warnings.

Also I lied, I got my armsman to 50 and a cabby is not far behind.

Twyst
Mar 5, 2005
:O
Are you guys mostly playing on Alb then? I've got a Hib guy but the community is pretty lovely.

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord
I suspect only a handful of goons are playing and we're spread thin.

Snacks and Violence
Sep 18, 2004

...and he kept stabbing them, again and again. He's a halfling, he's supposed to be jolly...Why isn't he jolly? WHY ISN'T HE JOLLY?
I've been playing on Mid. I have a 50 bd, a 50 savage and a soon to be 50 sb. I am completely awful at this game, but it still has sucked me in.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

90% of the time if I log in I am playing my 50 NS, Zhulku. Pve and raids hurt me now. I need that sweet pvp adrenaline rush. If anyone plays hib.. well hit me up on steam as my sa username and we will do some killing. (Also have a 50 chanter, tried to make a third char but I've reached my leveling limit)

DJDace
Mar 23, 2005
I've got a small guild of 5-6 going right now in Alb. Slowly building up to a solid, regular 8-man squad so we can run regular RvR nights. We're all Percival server veterans that used to play together, just getting the band back together for nostalgia's sake.

with the task items, kill tasks and mob type exp bonuses the leveling is fast. We knocked out 6 levels in a little over an hour last night helping some of the new additions get there characters leveled up. We should have the new characters and some additional alts all to 50 within a week, then we can get down to some serious RvR.

Twlight
Feb 18, 2005

Fun Shoe

DJDace posted:

I've got a small guild of 5-6 going right now in Alb. Slowly building up to a solid, regular 8-man squad so we can run regular RvR nights. We're all Percival server veterans that used to play together, just getting the band back together for nostalgia's sake.

with the task items, kill tasks and mob type exp bonuses the leveling is fast. We knocked out 6 levels in a little over an hour last night helping some of the new additions get there characters leveled up. We should have the new characters and some additional alts all to 50 within a week, then we can get down to some serious RvR.

you guys have a minstrel? I played on percival as well back in the day as well!

DJDace
Mar 23, 2005

Twlight posted:

you guys have a minstrel? I played on percival as well back in the day as well!

We do not! We're leveling up some minstrel alts but no one is running minstrel as their main.

Right now for main's we have - Cleric, Cleric, Sorcerer, Cabalist, Mercenary. Possible Armsman joining Friday and may have a few other vets we reached out to coming to play as well. We'll see how persuasive our arguments are with those we've reached out to.

Twlight
Feb 18, 2005

Fun Shoe

DJDace posted:

We do not! We're leveling up some minstrel alts but no one is running minstrel as their main.

Right now for main's we have - Cleric, Cleric, Sorcerer, Cabalist, Mercenary. Possible Armsman joining Friday and may have a few other vets we reached out to coming to play as well. We'll see how persuasive our arguments are with those we've reached out to.

I've mained a mini for ages on live I assume you guys are on the bird?

DJDace
Mar 23, 2005

Twlight posted:

I've mained a mini for ages on live I assume you guys are on the bird?

What realm did you play on Percival?? What was your character name? Maybe we knew you!

We're plugging away to get the other Cleric to 50 (already at 35) so we should be ready to RvR regularly inside a week. Would love to have you come run with us!

Twlight
Feb 18, 2005

Fun Shoe
I was alb, gnusong/gnupray/lucerne

DJDace
Mar 23, 2005

Twlight posted:

I was alb, gnusong/gnupray/lucerne

I remember Lucerne!

On Percival I was a Hero in Hib originally as Dace. Then I moved to Mid and ran the guild Twilight Mourning, played as Jormundir, Embec, Khak, Kaloop and a bunch of others.

We got to be good friends with Serapis, Mercy, Rayn and Nerhesi :) They would come out to my place in California for meet ups all the time.

My two main characters on Phoenix are Draede my Sorc and Esmond my Cleric if you ever want to look me up.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

I was Zhalfer/Zhyres on Alb/Guin. I remember a lot of you perc/nimue peeps. I was in Orchid Fair, Ridda Sigor, and Dark Auspices guild(s).

Twlight
Feb 18, 2005

Fun Shoe

DJDace posted:

I remember Lucerne!

On Percival I was a Hero in Hib originally as Dace. Then I moved to Mid and ran the guild Twilight Mourning, played as Jormundir, Embec, Khak, Kaloop and a bunch of others.

We got to be good friends with Serapis, Mercy, Rayn and Nerhesi :) They would come out to my place in California for meet ups all the time.

My two main characters on Phoenix are Draede my Sorc and Esmond my Cleric if you ever want to look me up.

might dust my mini off i think im 44? or so on phonix, wish live was still kicking much rather just roll around on live.

DJDace
Mar 23, 2005

Twlight posted:

might dust my mini off i think im 44? or so on phonix, wish live was still kicking much rather just roll around on live.

Ya to bad Live is dead as gently caress. Last time any of us logged into Live a few months back, the current population in Midgard was 28 players ... total.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Official Dark Age of Camelot is getting a progression / classic server once free to play launches https://darkageofcamelot.com/article/friday-grab-bag-05242019

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord
their ftp restrictions are still stupid tho

DJDace
Mar 23, 2005

Twlight posted:

Twlight bring your Minstrel! We've got five people at 50 now. We ran around in the Molvik event last week and had some good RvR runs with pickups in the last 3 slots.

Goal is to set at least 3 nights a week for regular RvR runs so we can schedule things and keep it interesting for everyone.

We have a powerleveling group setup now to help people get to 50 as fast as possible (2 Clerics, 2 Ice Wizards for PBAE xping).

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
Daoc f2p is out and phoenix still has well over double the population.

If you want to do f2p you better have an empty inventory, because you can't buy a house and you can't use craft skills lmfao

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

Never played this before, is it worth checking out for a bit as F2P to see if I like it or are the restrictions too restrictive to have fun?

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

The F2P restrictions are pretty bad, only 3 races and 5 classes per realm, and they seem pretty arbitrary. I guess Saracens/Kobolds/Lurikeens are too OP for F2P?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

If you subscribe, and create every class/race combination you think you want to play, you can keep those characters once you go back to Free to Play.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

I said come in! posted:

If you subscribe, and create every class/race combination you think you want to play, you can keep those characters once you go back to Free to Play.

I have a bunch of old chars. It is seemingly random as to which ones I can actually use.

Not that it really matters because every single character has a full inventory and vault and no way to get rid of the stuff because you can't even enter a house so if you vendor something important oops sucks to be you.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Both my rr5 highlander paladin, and rr7 saracen minst are playable. My briton heretic is not. Probably because he doesn't have over 7 days played. I logged in the other night and there was a pitiful amount of people on. Not only that but I couldn't figure out how to find any sort of faction wide chat like there is on phoenix. Couple that with having no real sense of if my gear blows or not, I logged out pretty quick.

Twlight
Feb 18, 2005

Fun Shoe

Kazvall posted:

Both my rr5 highlander paladin, and rr7 saracen minst are playable. My briton heretic is not. Probably because he doesn't have over 7 days played. I logged in the other night and there was a pitiful amount of people on. Not only that but I couldn't figure out how to find any sort of faction wide chat like there is on phoenix. Couple that with having no real sense of if my gear blows or not, I logged out pretty quick.

go visit the king they have setup so you can get decent gear quickly. for alb he's in camelot

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Twlight posted:

go visit the king they have setup so you can get decent gear quickly. for alb he's in camelot

My gear is probably okay. I got the king's helpers bonus stuff on both the toons. Mostly it's that there are 1k people on phoenix right this moment not spread across a crazy amount of zones and instances.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord
Without the original zone layouts (mostly the starting towns and frontiers), the nostalgia just isn't there for me. I got enough of that while it lasted on Phoenix, I can wait another 15 years.