Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
i got my cab to 30 and called it, the premades started seriously rolling the rando groups. TY for the discord invite though, may hop in the next time this event comes around!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

err
Apr 11, 2005

I carry my own weight no matter how heavy this shit gets...

knox
Oct 28, 2004

Went 1-50 in ~5.5 hours yesterday on Bard with these dudes

Next event we should plan a premade and run it 1-50, can stop in-between and finish up next day or something. it sucks to run up against infinite proper comps and hit a wall by constantly dying. Sorc-Bard is OP in the 5man event composition, add one healer and any 2 classes that can remotely do damage and you're good to do 1-50. Without a bard your kind of gimping other slot that could be used for damage since it provides speed-endo-power-offheals-demezz-main CC, I basically just mezzed anything the sorc missed, then demezzed him if he actually happened to lose a mezz fight, SoS speedracer pull out of anything too hot or if there was adds, and off heal if the bard was interrupted. The BM basically just ran around entire time bopping people out of CC to kill. I don't think we died more than 8 times total, and only once 40-50 when we first hit the 40-44 bracket and got ran over by reds. Down to run Sorc for the group, or heal on Cleric/Shaman or something.

best composition to me would probably be Bard/Sorc/Mentalist or SM for extra demezz-pet interrupts-3rd offheals or mezz option-nuke damage/ Cleric or Druid / any tank
2nd melee option Bard/ tri-spec Healer with low celerity + mezz/ Shaman for specbuffs-disease-3rd offheals / 2x melee dps

knox fucked around with this message at 03:17 on Jan 12, 2021

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
hell yeah i'll keep an eye on the thread and catch the next event with yall. im down to play like druid or aug healer or something i dont fucken know. i always play glass casters and im kinda tired of it

knox
Oct 28, 2004

I had a lot of fun playing SM in a premade 1-40, with Sorc/Bard/Druid/Champion/ me SM, but yeah the constant kiting I would have liked to try and run melee train with Shaman replacing Bard and Minstrel or Skald for the speed.

tri spec Healer/Sorc/Shaman/Savage or BM / Warrior or Hero would be cool. Could definitely use more CC but if Shaman can demezz well just train everything.

I'll run CC or heals or tank i don't care, as long as we premade it.

Wish I grabbed a screenshot of the stats for the Bard run.

knox fucked around with this message at 02:20 on Jan 13, 2021

PriNGLeS
Feb 18, 2004
ONCE YOU POP THE FUN DONT STOP
So I think nousername and I are actually going to really play phoenix this time. Maybe.

What's the run down of where/what everyone is still playing?

knox
Oct 28, 2004

On Mid I've got a temped Healer & SM, and a broke R5L0 Bard on Hib with no gear that I leveled 1-50 one morning last weekend during the event (with your/@nousername old british DAOC/RoR homies carrying me). Next event should be February 1st or something, since you can make a premade and get to 50 and high RR rank very fast it makes sense to wait until then to go hard leveling wise. I know there's a few more people joining up too so we should have a solid group soon. Err has a SM/Healer/Shaman on Mid as well, so I'd say make a Mid character until event happens and then just level anything.

But yeah next event I'm going to try and get at least another 50 Hib (Druid is 34 but probably will delete it to remake for a 1-50 premade, or Hero), and 2 Albs if possible (Sorc/Frair/Cleric). poopsockflipmode next event all 3days

knox fucked around with this message at 01:20 on Jan 17, 2021

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
didn't realize respecs were so easy to come by; got bored and respecced full spirit on my cab and am just smokin' bowls and chaining yellows with the lifetap pet. Fun! got wild minion 4 and mastery of the arcane 1 for right now.

I mean not as productive as my fully temped cab on live with a red heal proc cleric bot at the pygmies, but, you know.

33 cab / 31 sorc at the moment.

Jonny 290 fucked around with this message at 00:20 on Jan 17, 2021

knox
Oct 28, 2004

The respecs are free until 50, and I think you get 24 hours of play time/certain amount @ 50 until they start costing 3k feathers for Realm respec / 5k feathers for ability spec. I just spent my first 3k to respec my realm poo poo for Aug, and I had 2 free career respecs left. It will be easier for me to get into pug 8man's as a Aug Healer, every 8man that forms up seems to have their main CC-mezz already invited.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
Nice, badass. I get it now.

Yeah i keep getting sketched out about playing a healer or shammy and trying to out-interrupt sorcs, but then I remembered that nobody's running around with 406 dex and 10% toa speed. I should probably watch some old rear end mid videos to get the OG healer vibe back in my head

knox
Oct 28, 2004

Yeah I've been watching some 8man videos, some stick out more than others. Diving right into the close knit 8man community wasn't something I was trying to do blind as both low RR (still only just hit RR4, and vs. these RR11 8mans it's pretty huge difference).
I ran this video at .75 speed to see what he casted & when, need all the help I can get and then some on PacHealer as a newbie to DAOC for the most part. Just respec'ing Aug I checked the second one as well. Not every 8man video out there is worth
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qigVAnprpSw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qXPdU1DlYLk

I love the event because it's nonstop action and is super good practice for positioning/kiting/panning your camera. When rotating my camera to see behind me and kiting, I didn't reset it quick enough at times because a group would spawn in and loving train me when I wasn't looking in-front of me for couple seconds. But yeah event has made me more comfortable for when run 8mans finally (tonight-thisweekend fasho), getting practice for mezz battle, kiting and overall positioning or moving/pushing with teammates.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
hah i found that second vid on my own, yeah.

I come from lovely alb zerg land, at the peak of original live we had 190 members in our guild and would run either 2 or 2.5ish groups during prime. It's a big change to go back to small/8man type setups but i like it a lot more. Really looking forward to getting a 50 and going hogge wilde.

both our glory days and our darkest times were in the depths of the TOA grind, we built a cab/cab/sorc/sorc/pal/cler/cler/fri group and had a croc tear minstrel as a barnacle. Just extending over a whole zone for one fight, but god drat when the debuff hit and people remembered to assist, we exploded people. Now, lmao, sorcs get minny speed on live, it'd be even more efficient.

This is pure storytime now but my favorite thing was when we were running ice wizards and parked on top of a hill behind some trees in emain and our minny stealthed on the path below, insta stunned the zerg down in the valley and ACTUALLY got that stupid 5 second aoe mez off after they all stacked up on the driver b/c they were on autopilot, we ran down and it was an 84 body count from 8 players. Chewing through noobs in RoG was a pure 2003 pleasure

e: btw logged on to live just to check, pop's still garbage. i specifically log in with my un-rando-guilded characters to check because i dont wanna hear WHYD YOU QUIT (covid hell zone showed up) whines, i should just /gc leave honestly. They were nice folks but they play too much live for me to keep up with and gently caress the hero zerg

Jonny 290 fucked around with this message at 01:32 on Jan 17, 2021

knox
Oct 28, 2004

They tested new mini-event before "The Arena," can port to arena zone and queue up as 8man. Seemed like a lot of fun and something that would be cool to have happen every few weeks or however frequent they end up doing it.
Stream from probably the best group during the event, didn't' see them lose once (went 2-1 first one group I think but it's best of 3, and most every queue they got they went 2-0). Alb Tanker is OP right now essentially, though couple of these dudes run Mid groups too and also win all the time (see; other youtube videos I linked above, many of the same players in that 8man are in this 8man from the stream).
https://twitch.tv/videos/878788351

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
Not super making GBS threads on it but this smells like they're creeping into Alteri territory. Which would be fine if they committed.

--

actual content: what's the most violent 5man tank group one can think of for the next event? thinkin and i'm not sure.

Jonny 290 fucked around with this message at 04:39 on Jan 19, 2021

Gorka
Aug 18, 2014

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Jonny 290 posted:

actual content: what's the most violent 5man tank group one can think of for the next event? thinkin and i'm not sure.

In my opinion, it should be look like bard/druid/armsman/berserker/blademaster
Alternate : bard/druid/warrior/savage/blademaster

Logic is as follows :
Bard is op in the event and covers endo/mezz/rupts/basebuffs
Druid for buffs/heals/some rupt
Armsman for sidesnare at 4 pole and anytime snare at 18 pole. You'll want to get slam at 42.
berserker and blademaster for melee burst

Not sure about the armsman, I'm taking it for the utility before slam is available, but I think warrior might be better as slammer/damage if you have something like the level 8 back stun from H2H savage.

If you feel the comp is low on rupts, replace berserk or BM with something like skald or reaver.

PriNGLeS
Feb 18, 2004
They've done these arena events several times before.

My nasty 5 man would be: Shaman, healer, minst, bm or merc with slam, then another dps, probably a zerk for on demand burst. You'd really have to have a crazy good player as the healer and shaman for it to be effective.

Disease in small man situations is insanely powerful.

PriNGLeS fucked around with this message at 15:30 on Jan 19, 2021

knox
Oct 28, 2004

-Bard for main CC /endo+power / buffs / emergency only heals / speed / demezz
-Healer tri-spec for low celerity / main heals /back up mezzes for anything Bard misses / demezz
-Savage / Blademaster / Berserker
-Thane / Valewalker for ranged interrupts
-Armsman/Hero/Warrior

think that'd be a killer 5 man tanker

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
Ooh i totally forgot about thanes. might be nice to have on the train. cool lineups for sure

Arawn
Jul 5, 2020
Any ETA on the next event? I could create a character if we get enough to get a group going.

knox
Oct 28, 2004

Arawn posted:

Any ETA on the next event? I could create a character if we get enough to get a group going.

February 1st
Haven't checked the %s on item turn in but pretty positive once it gets closer it will be 100% on every realm so that it triggers.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
got my cab up to 38 soloing, have decent enough stats that i can aoe trees and dunters. GIMME DA XP

i've tried the lfg but it's so fuckin' spammy, there should be a separate channel for level 50s. idc bout your feather farmin'

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
[42 cab] ok i was just in the stupidest pve group on the planet. this one pally who admitted to being on a work call was pulling

us: pull
pull
hey pull
2 mins later: pulls

cleric and friar, our only healers go LD -
pally: <pulls>
me, because i have 15 body and have that stupid life transfer spell: <furiously attempts to keep people alive>

I logged after that one

anyways now that i'm into mini dings it's way more exciting but also it's a horde of 38-42 people posting LFG but nobody running one. I'm about to start being a boss and just starting lyonesse groups on my own. gently caress you, you want in, bring a cleric.

Also I grinded up crafting last night and it took like 3 hours to get to the point that I can salvage and trinket level 51 poo poo now. it cost me 300g or so to get there and i went and soloed for a half hour and made it ALL back. now it's gravy time.

Might go LGM tailor or something, idk.

knox
Oct 28, 2004

Really hope this loving event gets pushed to the weekend and doesn't trigger on February 1st when it's off the cooldown, but it looks inevitable. I work 9-5 Monday through Friday, though I will be ready to play for 8+hours from 5 EST on for any premade groups so I hope we can get down.

and yeah the PvE poo poo can be so unforgiving to lovely players it was pretty startling in November once event ended and I leveled Healer from 11-50 in two days just XPing groups. Even that was a lot of fun but you had to be in a good group for that to happen, plenty of wipe-and-logs.

knox fucked around with this message at 05:19 on Jan 29, 2021

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
i'm good with evenings US time mon/tues, yah. I'm old and can't rock it for 8 hours straight any more, but i'd love to at least get the party started for a few hours

err
Apr 11, 2005

If anyone wants to play, this event gives the best experience daoc has ever had. Everyone starts with the same gear, same levels, and similar RR. Just constant action.

lovely it starts on a Tuesday but whatever.

knox
Oct 28, 2004

They didn't want to change it to Friday whatever fine, they switched it from Monday to Tuesday due to balance changes they're putting in and now I'm home on a Monday with 2 feet of snow on the ground angry.

Deuce
Jun 18, 2004
Mile High Club
Well nuts. I'm off today and that would have been perfect.

PriNGLeS
Feb 18, 2004

quote:

Tuesday, February 2nd at 6pm CET.
It will end on Friday, February 5th at 6pm CET.

If any issues occur because of the new patch, we still would have enough time to fix them properly before the start of the Playing Field.

As many of you have probably already noticed, you can now contribute for an extension of the event. As the amount is the same as to start the event, we decided to change the length of a possible extension from 2 days to 3 days. If the extension goal doesnt get hit, the contribution will count towards the next event in about 3 weeks.

The event will this time take place on a new map which is Lamfhota's Sound.

Anyone gonna roll something for the event? Starts tomorrow at 11 a.m. CST and runs until Friday with the possibility for an extension (not likely since its the same amount of materials to start the event).

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
yeah think im gonna do a reaver actually. wanna stay in alb and figure it'll be a good rupt/annoyer. not expecting tons of dps so actually considering sr/shield/slash, had fun with that in live back in the day.

PriNGLeS
Feb 18, 2004

Jonny 290 posted:

yeah think im gonna do a reaver actually. wanna stay in alb and figure it'll be a good rupt/annoyer. not expecting tons of dps so actually considering sr/shield/slash, had fun with that in live back in the day.

The side style in flex dumpsters people at low level.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
ah poo poo i forgot about good ole indigosnake

knox
Oct 28, 2004

PriNGLeS posted:

Anyone gonna roll something for the event? Starts tomorrow at 11 a.m. CST and runs until Friday with the possibility for an extension (not likely since its the same amount of materials to start the event).

https://discord.gg/GVd8wXqu for my tiny DAOC goon discord

I might actually have off again tomorrow since it's supposed to still be hosed till early morning and then continue slightly again. If that's the case I'll be on for like 18 hours (not really) so whoever wants to start up a premade and go 1-50 I'm with it. Otherwise if I got work I'll be on after 5pm EST till like 2AM.

Down to play whatever besides Healer Bard & SM which I have at 50. Cleric/Friar/Sorc/Hero/Eld/Shaman/Savage classes I'd like to run.

knox fucked around with this message at 00:11 on Feb 2, 2021

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
thread's been dead just because i suspect ppl either dont care or are playing like crackheads

net reults for me:

50 cleric (woot) at 4L0
48.5 reaver at 3Lsomething
43 mana eld

this event was weird and stupid b/c of the town camping but the open field fights were a+ at all levels

excited for the next one, and yes i'll be playing a shaman

err
Apr 11, 2005

Got a 49 cleric and 42 bard. Both RR3.5+

Doing a melee class and a necro next event.

knox
Oct 28, 2004

Anybody wanna level with my 45 Shaman let me know.

I need a loving tank class though everything I've played it support/caster.

I hope they go back to the old map or at least put it to a vote. Too much parkour jumping onto roofs / hiding in houses, after traversing the Shire.

knox fucked around with this message at 03:26 on Feb 9, 2021

SERPUS
Mar 20, 2004
We did 3 necro's and a cleric and were quite nearly unkillable until we hit the mid-30's and aoe mezzes started sticking longer. Good for some laughs.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
i'm doing a zerk or BM or something next round, gently caress it. tired of healing and demezzing autogrouped shadowblades

didnt do a mid this time. got a 43 eld that i'm gonna gently caress with and see if i can get a boring guild + some xp groups over there.

mana eld was supreme for leeching btw. once i got ae disease it was disease + s/c debuff then aoe snare nuke and it just bunched eight tanks tighter and let me tick em more. ive always wanted that class and spec and it did not disappoint. plus any time i was with a minny or whatever i got tons of pbaoe-the-stunned-idiot glory moments

Beach Party
May 2, 2012

"I took the most excellent hit of my life. Next thing I knew, I was on the beach taking in some cosmic rays gettin healed by mother nature. Takin in a little brewski, holdin on to a beautiful babe. And I'm fine today!"
Are theurgs any good? If I wanted to just chill out and run blade turn aura while locking casters down with earth pets is that a worthless spec?

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
no, i am a career theurg and it's a loving awesome class, but you do get the target on your back very quickly because they're so hated. earth is probably the best line; with ice you're a bad nuker with a bunch of pets that can be kited, and with air you're a decent nuker with stun pets that die after 20sec. earth is by far the most frustrating for enemies and any caster with three earthlords on them is out of the fight for a minute. just be aware your power bar suffers heavily with 8/6 second PBT.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

err
Apr 11, 2005

Earliest time for next event is March 2nd, which is a Tuesday. I could see it getting extended again for the weekend.