Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Twlight
Feb 18, 2005

I brag about getting free drinks from my boss to make myself feel superior
Fun Shoe
I dip into daoc from time to time, it can be fun i mostly solo however, and having a high rr character does make things a lot easier. I exclusively play Albion however, if you're in game i can help with gear and pots and such if anyone needs. The producers letter goes into more details here about F2P as well as some of the patch ideas:

http://www.darkageofcamelot.com/article/producers-letter-summer-and-fall-outlook

I do feel like the extra currency while going in a decent direction ( most pve now is either impossible due to the amount of people required as well as the time investment ) or locked behind time based events ( such as their winter dungeon event ) However they've came out with two separate quest lines in the last two years, with a chapter a month. which is ran pretty frequently and can get you mostly up to speed. That, plus the upgraded starting gear from the kings room can get you up and going pretty quickly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Twlight
Feb 18, 2005

Fun Shoe
There are a fair few custom ui’s now. I use ghost ui and I think it cuts a lot of the clutter and allows you to customize what you want to see.

Should be able to find it in here

http://www.postcount.net/forum/showthread.php?166601-Gor-s-Ghost-UI-1-119-Update-**1-22-update-**/page3

Twlight
Feb 18, 2005

Fun Shoe
it also definitely has the best solo PVP experience of any MMO bar none.

Twlight
Feb 18, 2005

Fun Shoe
drat this thread:

I re-upped on alb usually on Gnusong lets rvr!

Twlight
Feb 18, 2005

Fun Shoe

clone on the phone posted:

If this means I can play without twisting then it might be all I need to get drawn back in.

you don't need to twist at all. I believe that each song/chant class allows you to run 4 songs at once. So usually I'll run ( as a Minstrel ) Speed/Ablative/Pet Charm then leave an open "slot" for flute mez.

Twlight
Feb 18, 2005

Fun Shoe

FrostyPox posted:

Yeah, I noticed that. I, uh, got a little crazy and actually rolled one of every class. EVERY class. Just to mess around til about ~10 on each. It's tough to choose what I actually want to make my main since all of these classes are pretty interesting. Right now I can safely say probably not Bainshee cuz trying to solo seems nightmarish since almost every spell is AoE and pulling a huge number of mobs is extremely painful, and probably not Animist because the ground targeting is kind of annoying.

I did, however, hit 50 with Ranger, Healer, and Cabalist. The latter was surprisingly simple; with 50 points in Body, it seems like the best move is summon Ruby Simulacrum, spam lifedrain until the thing dies. It was pretty effective. The "tanking" simulacrum seemed borderline worthless (at least in PvE) because it can't hold aggro and does gently caress-all damage. Maybe if I was Spirit spec the pets would be better? :shrug:

EDIT: Normally I play ranged DPS in MMOs but I find I think I prefer the melee classes in this game (including Aug Healer, lol). Something about hitting things with hammers/swords/mattocks in this game is extremely satisfying, whereas the optimum thing to do as a caster in solo PvE seems to be spamming the same spell over and over. I'm sure it's a whole different ballgame in serious RVR and raids.

The cabalist is a great pvp caster on alb with its ability to debuff. As well as nearsight and disease. It’s my favorite alb caster by far but I really like utility/hybrid characters.

Twlight fucked around with this message at 01:30 on Sep 17, 2018

Twlight
Feb 18, 2005

Fun Shoe
you can get the buff tokens now and dont really need a bot. where they are required however are on pet classes.

Twlight
Feb 18, 2005

Fun Shoe
I wouldn't mind going back to live. For me I just don't see the pull of the free shards but if everyone decided to roll live again I may join back with you guys. Does anyone main Albion at all, on live?

Twlight
Feb 18, 2005

Fun Shoe

Frog Act posted:

anyone know which version of Bob's UI I should install for Phoenix? and also, how to install it?

http://bobsui.koamon.com/downloads.html

anyway more goons should play this

It should work the same way as live: http://www.postcount.net/forum/showthread.php?126865-How-to-install-custom-UI

Twlight
Feb 18, 2005

Fun Shoe

Frog Act posted:

How do feathers work exactly? You both have to go on the raid and have the feathers to get the items, but you can also trade feathers?

Also any tips on crafting, I figured out fletching but I don’t quite understand how the crafting systems interact with each other if at all. Is crafted gear ever good enough to actually use?

feathers seem to be a way to buy high end raid gear without having to get a good roll to grab that piece. You can trade feathers i guess and buy them, I'm not sure of the going rates at the moment.

Crafting can really drag eventually on live i made it to LGM alchemy but its a slog and expensive. It seems to make sure your suit is capped resist/stat/skill wise people are using crafted armor pieces. Currently on live the meta is either an ROG item or a single crafted item.

Twlight
Feb 18, 2005

Fun Shoe

ded posted:

Just tell them "I am the spec that makes things dead".

I usually say, whatever you want me to be then go afk.

Twlight
Feb 18, 2005

Fun Shoe

DJDace posted:

I've got a small guild of 5-6 going right now in Alb. Slowly building up to a solid, regular 8-man squad so we can run regular RvR nights. We're all Percival server veterans that used to play together, just getting the band back together for nostalgia's sake.

with the task items, kill tasks and mob type exp bonuses the leveling is fast. We knocked out 6 levels in a little over an hour last night helping some of the new additions get there characters leveled up. We should have the new characters and some additional alts all to 50 within a week, then we can get down to some serious RvR.

you guys have a minstrel? I played on percival as well back in the day as well!

Twlight
Feb 18, 2005

Fun Shoe

DJDace posted:

We do not! We're leveling up some minstrel alts but no one is running minstrel as their main.

Right now for main's we have - Cleric, Cleric, Sorcerer, Cabalist, Mercenary. Possible Armsman joining Friday and may have a few other vets we reached out to coming to play as well. We'll see how persuasive our arguments are with those we've reached out to.

I've mained a mini for ages on live I assume you guys are on the bird?

Twlight
Feb 18, 2005

Fun Shoe
I was alb, gnusong/gnupray/lucerne

Twlight
Feb 18, 2005

Fun Shoe

DJDace posted:

I remember Lucerne!

On Percival I was a Hero in Hib originally as Dace. Then I moved to Mid and ran the guild Twilight Mourning, played as Jormundir, Embec, Khak, Kaloop and a bunch of others.

We got to be good friends with Serapis, Mercy, Rayn and Nerhesi :) They would come out to my place in California for meet ups all the time.

My two main characters on Phoenix are Draede my Sorc and Esmond my Cleric if you ever want to look me up.

might dust my mini off i think im 44? or so on phonix, wish live was still kicking much rather just roll around on live.

Twlight
Feb 18, 2005

Fun Shoe

Kazvall posted:

Both my rr5 highlander paladin, and rr7 saracen minst are playable. My briton heretic is not. Probably because he doesn't have over 7 days played. I logged in the other night and there was a pitiful amount of people on. Not only that but I couldn't figure out how to find any sort of faction wide chat like there is on phoenix. Couple that with having no real sense of if my gear blows or not, I logged out pretty quick.

go visit the king they have setup so you can get decent gear quickly. for alb he's in camelot

Twlight
Feb 18, 2005

Fun Shoe

I said come in! posted:

My account has always been linked with EA, but I still can't login. I just get an error message that my account is closed. Very frustrating. Not sure how to convert it over to Endless Conquest.

Try joining their discord, many of the company folks are there and may be able to give you a hand.

Twlight
Feb 18, 2005

Fun Shoe

PriNGLeS posted:

Phoenix just has buff potions that are easily craftable. But not pet buffing.

its hard to rock a petstril on phoenix due to this. as well as the increased chant twisting and the shorter range DD shouts

Twlight
Feb 18, 2005

Fun Shoe

Jonny 290 posted:

dude simultaneous chants on live has changed minny and pally play so much. theyre hella easy mode now

my warden too, but lol wardens cant deal damage

it was super funny to log on and find that healer 40% dd proc buff and go solo 48-50 in an hour. too bad it's pve only

i think they went a little over on live, with the 4 or so chants at once. They did add some of the more interesting magic and range chants, however once they gave sorc speed 5 they really relegated the mini to solo. you just dont have the utility to stand up to a sorc.

Twlight
Feb 18, 2005

Fun Shoe

Jonny 290 posted:

Nope it still works. Only change is that charm has a 6sec recast timer so you can't spam it. We went from being unmezzable to having a 2-4 second mez time on average.

And yeah 80% of the fights where I lose they manage to wax my pet first and then i'm kinda naked. minstrel melee dps is dogshit garbage, same tier as battle bard. we just got some burly shouts that we spec 50 in to assist so it's bursty. also we have amethyst slash which is easymode melee

The drop pet to break roots is also amazing, I mained a mini for a long time on live, it is the best class hands down 1v1. I saw your spec above, i ended up going to 44? slash which i think is the behind slow style, i never felt the climb walls played to my strengths and tbf the stealth when roaming is pretty poor, though the fall damage reduction is nice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Twlight
Feb 18, 2005

Fun Shoe
I mean that’s bad rear end