Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kazak_Hstan
Apr 28, 2014

Grimey Drawer

jabro posted:

Cut my team to 16. Did we find an owner for the #1 pick team? Time to start dealing!

We did and I am open for business if anyone is desperately in love with the dreamy Mr. Saquon Barkley, SPARQ darling with a record of production to back it up who will without a doubt be the best back in the NFL for the next five years at least.

I'm pretty interested in drafting him though, so you'll have to shower me with riches; judging by available trade history I'm probably looking for more than people are interested in parting with for 1.01.

I bounce in and out of the woods for work this time of year though, so if I don't immediately respond I'm not being a jerk. I'll reliably be around through about Tuesday at least though (and have ranked players and such for the draft).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
Well, set your predraft list if you arent around much. Otherwise you get guice on adp who is IR'd.

Kazak_Hstan
Apr 28, 2014

Grimey Drawer
1.01 is out the door!

I'm just a monkey pushing buttons here tbh, this is exciting.

isnt that right
Dec 8, 2009

did the draft just start what is happening im panicking

Kazak_Hstan
Apr 28, 2014

Grimey Drawer
No I traded 1.01, draft is still 8/20

isnt that right
Dec 8, 2009

oh. i just got an email saying im on the clock.

dkj
Feb 18, 2009

isnt that right posted:

oh. i just got an email saying im on the clock.

Yeah, first pick has been taken.

Kazak_Hstan
Apr 28, 2014

Grimey Drawer
Oh, huh, I guess you can make picks if you're up.

Papes
Apr 13, 2010

There's always something at the bottom of the bag.
Did someone set he draft date...I sure didn’t :p

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

That's weird. I wonder if it's because I set a draft order and once the trade went through, it figured let's start now.

Do we need to reset or should we just keep going? Doesn't matter to me.

EDIT:. Also, I think it should be noted that Papes will need to unlock the free agent list. A bunch of the guys who were cut don't show up when I try to set my pre-draft rankings.

Sataere fucked around with this message at 05:01 on Aug 19, 2018

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004

Sataere posted:

EDIT:. Also, I think it should be noted that Papes will need to unlock the free agent list. A bunch of the guys who were cut don't show up when I try to set my pre-draft rankings.

That explains that... I was so confused if we were doing half rookie half vets draft. Then another draft with the rest of the vets I want.

dkj
Feb 18, 2009

Has the draft been reset?

Papes
Apr 13, 2010

Sataere posted:

That's weird. I wonder if it's because I set a draft order and once the trade went through, it figured let's start now.

Do we need to reset or should we just keep going? Doesn't matter to me.

Done.

So MFL had a handy dandy button to "Unlock all players"!

Did it work? Of course not, so I had to manually unlock every single dropped player :D

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
Who just got skipped? Are we starting this thing over since players weren't unlocked or what.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

Spermy Smurf posted:

Who just got skipped? Are we starting this thing over since players weren't unlocked or what.

We probably should, so isn't that right isn't screwed. Unless he wants to pick really quick.

Papes
Apr 13, 2010

I just reverted the skip and turned the timer off. Pick when you are able to #2.

isnt that right
Dec 8, 2009

i just made a pick so we should be all good to go

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

Then let's do this thing!

dkj
Feb 18, 2009

Is there a way to just select a player to draft without setting the pre-draft list?

I've set the list and I'm still on the clock.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

dkj posted:

Is there a way to just select a player to draft without setting the pre-draft list?

I've set the list and I'm still on the clock.

Looks like you took Kerryon Johnson. Is that what you were trying to do?

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
Did you not replace me? Or did whoever took over not reset their settings, cause I'm getting draft texts :v:

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

Azhais posted:

Did you not replace me? Or did whoever took over not reset their settings, cause I'm getting draft texts :v:

Lol, you've been replaced and you will be missed.

dkj
Feb 18, 2009

Sataere posted:

Looks like you took Kerryon Johnson. Is that what you were trying to do?

Yeah, I was able to make a selection on my phone, but couldn't figure it out on my desktop.

Azhais posted:

You were replaced but we want to make sure you know what you're missing out on.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

I say keep the settings and come back after every transaction talking about how your team is being mismanaged.

Kazak_Hstan
Apr 28, 2014

Grimey Drawer
Pick is in, how do I reset the setting so Azhais doesn't get bugged? I added my info, not sure how to get rid of his.

ed.: i think i figured it out

Kazak_Hstan fucked around with this message at 22:24 on Aug 19, 2018

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
Franchise info, contact info.

OhSnapGangsta
Jun 24, 2006

All the arms we need are for hugging
I could be wrong but I feel like I got a steal getting Penny so late despite the injury.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

OhSnapGangsta posted:

I could be wrong but I feel like I got a steal getting Penny so late despite the injury.

You aren't wrong. One of the reasons I traded up to one was because I didn't think Penny would fall to me at five. He was my number two player.

Kazak_Hstan
Apr 28, 2014

Grimey Drawer
folks, i spent all day swinging a pulaski in the rain, and i am rarin to go

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

Let it be known that I am really sad that Mayfield went in the first. I was hoping the natural goon tendency to underrate quarterbacks would drop him in a spot where I could trade up for you later. Great pick, Papas.

Kazak_Hstan
Apr 28, 2014

Grimey Drawer
By the transitive property if Baker Mayfield is worth a first, then :swoon: Tyrod Taylor :swoon: must be pretty amazing.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

Kazak_Hstan posted:

By the transitive property if Baker Mayfield is worth a first, then :swoon: Tyrod Taylor :swoon: must be pretty amazing.

Nice pick with Guice. Could not believe he slipped to the second, even with the knee injury.

isnt that right
Dec 8, 2009

Sataere posted:

Nice pick with Guice. Could not believe he slipped to the second, even with the knee injury.

it absolutely unfair and unjust that he didn't fall to me, the guy with a team named after the PUP list.

commish, do the right thing and move him to my roster, please.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

isnt that right posted:

it absolutely unfair and unjust that he didn't fall to me, the guy with a team named after the PUP list.

commish, do the right thing and move him to my roster, please.

You'll get Deon Cain and like it!

dkj
Feb 18, 2009

Everyone is stealing my picks!

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

dkj posted:

Everyone is stealing my picks!

I knew none of these guys were falling to me. I only have two more top rated guys and it'll be a miracle if either falls to me.

Kazak_Hstan
Apr 28, 2014

Grimey Drawer
I had unreasonable hopes of Anthony Miller and his extremely large hands making it to the third.

I don't know if he I actually good, but I read some post about "superscore" based on five measurables or something and the only one that loaded was hand size, and it stuck. Anthony Miller and his frisbee sized hands is probably a generational talent.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

Kazak_Hstan posted:

I had unreasonable hopes of Anthony Miller and his extremely large hands making it to the third.

I don't know if he I actually good, but I read some post about "superscore" based on five measurables or something and the only one that loaded was hand size, and it stuck. Anthony Miller and his frisbee sized hands is probably a generational talent.

I was about to get mad at you for talking about Miller when he hadn't been drafted, but apparently I missed the email notification. :v:

He was never falling to you. :D

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Kazak_Hstan posted:

As Madden would say, "He's got those big ol' paws!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
Hey poopy diaper, draft your lovely player.