Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
oh yeah I lost a rite in Pyre now and I'm really impressed with how versatile the narrative in this game feels . Maybe it's a trick like Telltale games or whatever but honestly all that matters is that it feels real the first time you play, and this is really loving cool

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

should have bought these games when they were on sale. will catch them next time around

what's everyone's favorite zero escape. i'm torn between 999 and vlr.

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

I'm looking forward to getting DR2 in the sale and I should probably get around to playing the last one in the 999 series as well. There's just so many games.

Spoderman
Aug 2, 2004

R. Guyovich posted:

should have bought these games when they were on sale. will catch them next time around

what's everyone's favorite zero escape. i'm torn between 999 and vlr.

They're all really good and VLR does a great job of flipping your expectations, but I think nothing beats the insane shock of every single plot beat I got from going into 999 blind. ZTD didn't have enough drat puzzles

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

ZTD makes up with a series of the most asinine plot twists ever conceived. i love ztd

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

"Improved" my rear end.

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

i keep trying VLR but the 3d models look like rear end compared to 999's sprites and i'm definitely dumb for not giving it more of a chance

goferchan posted:

Oh drat I was just thinking v3, Nagito is awesome too. Vague spoilers both characters kind of fill similar roles though, with Kokichi as , like, a subversion of Nagito. I haven't thought about it too much but I feel like all the other V3 characters have similar reverse analogues

i really like how subtle the "tells" are for when he's actually being genuine. such a great character.

Dongicus fucked around with this message at 15:24 on Jun 27, 2018

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Lmfao at [case 1 finale] the smoking gun for figuring out who the killer was was mioka falling on her rear end.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Spoderman posted:

The sequel is unmemorable and not particularly interesting in any way. They phoned it in. It's not BAD but it's not good

Thats disappointing. The anime is real good so far...

Anyway this is probably a dumb question but is Danganronpa any good. I have no idea what its about but most VNs are kind of boring.

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

Larry Parrish posted:

Thats disappointing. The anime is real good so far...

Anyway this is probably a dumb question but is Danganronpa any good. I have no idea what its about but most VNs are kind of boring.

It's a very stylish mystery game, plays very similarly to Phoenix Wright if you're familiar with those at all. Recommended unless you just have no patience for VNs at all.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

1 has a wildly slow start but it falls into a good rhythm after the first trial starts and 2 seems better in basically every way so far.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

In Training posted:

ZTD makes up with a series of the most asinine plot twists ever conceived. i love ztd

its hideous and costs 40 dollars

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

DR1 mostly hits up all the classic murder mystery setups whereas 2 and 3 are way more creative with their cases and play off of your expectations in clever ways

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT BEING THE BIGGEST CRYBABY ON THE FORUMS
LMFAO alright I almost believed this thread was sharing earnest opinions about a Japanese game or something and then I looked up the screen shots and box art and are you loving kidding me LOL

HURRRRR Xbox wring Ram and halo bad but this? This rightbhere? This poo poo is fire! Preteens Stan teddy bear of d00m with a knife and we solve the crime lmfao. gently caress off!!

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

Teddy bear who wears a diaper: solve the crime JunWei! You can do it Adam Sandler movie voice

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

LMFAO

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
Games you can't play within 1000 feet of a school

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
I started Steins;Gate a bit ago. It’s neat so far

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Lumpy the Cook posted:

I started Steins;Gate a bit ago. It’s neat so far

It gave me intense feels.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Steins;gay

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

ArfJason posted:

Steins;gay

Brutal

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

Games played whilst in a McDonald's Drive-Thru :D

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Zero Time Dilemma for Vita is one of the PS+ games for July

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

Lmfao

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

I can’t even imagine how loving retarded you would have to be to spend any amount of time playing these

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

hows this to get you excited

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

Sonia Nevermind

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GzA4GgIoQog

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Xbox Ambassador posted:

Sonia Nevermind

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2MI-_jWAmlE

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

Society is Bullsh*t

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
That chalkboard message makes a lot of sense in retrospect...

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

In Training posted:

1 has a wildly slow start but it falls into a good rhythm after the first trial starts and 2 seems better in basically every way so far.

Wait till the funhouse case youll want to throw your psp off a cliff

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Gonna play 999 sometime soon

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

What's Danganronpa like on PC vs Vita?

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

Aston posted:

What's Danganronpa like on PC vs Vita?

It's very easy to aim with a mouse, dunno if anything is different content wise.

Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

I can play my vita in bed and I can’t with my PC so it’s the comfy gamers choice

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Xbox Ambassador posted:

Society is Bullsh*t

I like what I like

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
When you understand humans

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

Just did the first trial in DR2. Thought the setup was a bit ridiculous at first but all the pieces came together in the end. Like how they know you played the first game and play with expectations based on that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spoderman
Aug 2, 2004

P-Mack posted:

Just did the first trial in DR2. Thought the setup was a bit ridiculous at first but all the pieces came together in the end. Like how they know you played the first game and play with expectations based on that.

Yeah, Danganronpa is good about that. All the Phoenix Wright games felt like they held back because they were designed to be a jumping in point for new players, so it's cool to have a series where the sequels each massively build on the previous entries.