Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ragg
Apr 27, 2003

<The Honorable Badgers>

mysterious loyall X posted:

you're the ultimate detective dude thats what he say s over and over and everyone else says Hey, aren't you the ultimate Detective

I'm the ultimate defective

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

On the last chapter of DR2 now. This plot twist took a long time to finally pay off but it is extremely cool. Kind of an interesting meta commentary on how the gamer relates to society, which is what we live in.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The Insect Meet and Greet. the writing in this game is so good

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

that chapter's one of my favs in the series, it's got some fun scenes

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Tales of Woe posted:

that chapter's one of my favs in the series, it's got some fun scenes

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
I guess you have a capture card (or went PC) but man I thought it was rly annoying they block screenshots for like almost the entire game on PS4. I have so many blurry phone photos from it tho lol

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I'm playing on PC.

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

Finished DR2. Sick ending, they really backloaded a lot of crazy poo poo.

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

I've started Steins;Gate, and I like it - it's a lot funnier than I expected, and although the main character is kind of an idiot, I like that everyone else doesn't take his nonsense and either ignores him or tells him to shut up.

There's not much gameplay to it so far, only choosing from a couple of different replies on emails to other characters. Does this change at all or is it just reading all the way through?

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Aston posted:

I've started Steins;Gate, and I like it - it's a lot funnier than I expected, and although the main character is kind of an idiot, I like that everyone else doesn't take his nonsense and either ignores him or tells him to shut up.

There's not much gameplay to it so far, only choosing from a couple of different replies on emails to other characters. Does this change at all or is it just reading all the way through?

The only gameplay is that there is a big game long puzzle in the choices you make to get the true ending. Otherwise it's just a pure VN

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Aston posted:

The text messages are how you navigate endings otherwise no

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

the scene that goes through all the different theories for time travel is so badass

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

V3 is on sale again on PS4. Sorry In Training

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

goferchan posted:

Vita too. I'm thinking about it but I haven't played 1/2 yet (I have them on PS4). Maybe I should try 1 out this weekend

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

goferchan posted:

Lol

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

drat 50% off. loving...god dammit

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

V3 Case 2 is the first time I felt unsatisfied with the finale of a case. Probably the lamest possible piece of evidence to pin a crime that literally could have committed

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Dongicus posted:

the scene that goes through all the different theories for time travel is so badass

I like that they have to do the theory work before they can really figure out what, exactly, the d-mails do

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

goferchan posted:

I just saw that this morning. Super tempted to grab it since I'm almost done with d2.

Anyone know if the anime sequel to do is worth watching?

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Len posted:

I just saw that this morning. Super tempted to grab it since I'm almost done with d2.

Anyone know if the anime sequel to do is worth watching?

Everyone here I asked said it's really bad. I can confirm skipping it did not impact my enjoyment of V3 (which is a dollar and pound bargain at 50% off!)

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

goferchan posted:

Everyone here I asked said it's really bad. I can confirm skipping it did not impact my enjoyment of V3 (which is a dollar and pound bargain at 50% off!)

Yeah I'll probably pick it up after work. I'm not with the second one but it's been a game the fiancee and I have been sitting down and playing together. She started out not caring if I played solo but Midway through chapter 2 of the first game decided I wasn't allowed to play without her there.

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

Len posted:

Yeah I'll probably pick it up after work. I'm not with the second one but it's been a game the fiancee and I have been sitting down and playing together. She started out not caring if I played solo but Midway through chapter 2 of the first game decided I wasn't allowed to play without her there.

Some very romantic scenes in the last chapter, great couples gaming.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The third case was awesome...may just keep on rolling. I know 3 has a particularly spectacular ending, wonder at what chapter they start the swerve

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Is Hangman's Gambit in v3 less trash than in 2?

Spoderman
Aug 2, 2004

Len posted:

Is Hangman's Gambit in v3 less trash than in 2?

It’s still not good but it’s a million times better

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

glad to see chapter 4 of v3 is just as excessively designed as chapter 4 of 2 was (strawberry house)

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

my favorite of all the dumb self-aware poo poo v3 does is (last chapter spoiler) using an ahoge as a plot device

Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

just started chapter 5 of DR1, real excited to see where this goes.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Tales of Woe posted:

my favorite of all the dumb self-aware poo poo v3 does is (last chapter spoiler) using an ahoge as a plot device

lmao i never thought about that

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Like every single Phoenix Wright on 3DS is on sale. I’ll probably buy uhhhh all of them

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Case 4 is so sad...

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

drat is v3 a feels game I didn't sign up for this

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Played through case 4/5 and reached case 6 today. Tomorrow it's time for the ultimate showdown

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

In Training posted:

Played through case 4/5 and reached case 6 today. Tomorrow it's time for the ultimate showdown

Godspeed brother. 5 was so loving good and the end is even better

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

lmfao the logo TRUTH reveal is godlike

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I loved the end of this game. timing out all the minigames, the Keebo audience hack, all the presentation with the shape shifting tsumugi appearances, drat even the earlier parts of Trial 6 where the monokubs have no clue whats going on and they keep just screaming over the case until theyre all dead...it really was the perfect culmination of the DR writing/thematic development, and I really enjoyed the ending. this game is the first one where i feel like the post-game hang out mode makes sense to include since its a celebration of character itself rather than narrative demise

I love danganronpa

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Now try the dungeon crawler lol

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

Just finished ch 1 of v3. I saw the twist coming and not sure I like it... It's a shocker in one way but kind of less adventurous than not doing it in another way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Still haven't finished D2 because life keeps getting in the way but goddamn did it go off the rails in the most insane fantastic way