Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I really should bought this on Vita, the idea of sitting down at a computer to play a VN is something I never rreally wanna do, and it would be way better to go sit in a park somewhere and read it, like i do with books.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

Finished the first chapter of trigger happy havoc. Seems pretty cool, the guilty person was too obvious it was written on the wall in blood for chrissakes

but other than that, the trial was pretty fun. its a little more active than phoenix wright with the mini games and everything. and i felt like gathering the evidence before the trial was less time consuming than phoenix wright

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

Baxate posted:

Finished the first chapter of trigger happy havoc. Seems pretty cool, the guilty person was too obvious it was written on the wall in blood for chrissakes

but other than that, the trial was pretty fun. its a little more active than phoenix wright with the mini games and everything. and i felt like gathering the evidence before the trial was less time consuming than phoenix wright

Yeah it's basically a tutorial chapter, I'm glad DR2 just dove right in to a more complicated first trial.

Overall in DR1 I usually figured out the twists ahead of time but the ride is still a lot of fun.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
Bundle with the first 2 games is 50% off oN PSN right now. Good deal for $20

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

thinking about that ZTD ending where Diana and sigma just sit around for 2 years doing nothing

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

i'm thinking about the part where it looks like a telltale game with no textures and the puzzles are all trash

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

goferchan posted:

Bundle with the first 2 games is 50% off oN PSN right now. Good deal for $20

I pulled the trigger on a physical copy for $30 and don't feel ripped off at all. The girlfriend got super into it while I was playing and I wasn't allowed to start the second game without her there.

Is the third person shooter any good? It's like :10bux:ish right now

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

On to the second case... Beginning to feel despair!

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

Do we have consensus that thein-game murder weapon at the start of case 2 in DR2 is the dumbest Sierra logic puzzle in the series?

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Len posted:

I pulled the trigger on a physical copy for $30 and don't feel ripped off at all. The girlfriend got super into it while I was playing and I wasn't allowed to start the second game without her there.

Is the third person shooter any good? It's like :10bux:ish right now

I've heard Despair Girls is irredeemably bad

Edit: and all that meta stuff with the organizations is like the least interesting part of the story anyways and I'm pretty sure that's all it deals with

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

exploring new islands is really exciting compared to dr1's school hallways because you were usually just finding more offices and variants on classrooms/clubrooms. But hell there could be anything on Monokuma Pleasure Island #3 or w/e.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Oh hell yeah this fake arcade game is awesome.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

I don't think I care for the changes to the closing argument in the second game. But I can already tell this is going to be a more ridiculous ride

Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

Finished the second case of DR1. The manga thing or whatever you have to fill out from right to left is the worst thing about this game

It’s hard to tell what they want you to put where.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Baxate posted:

Finished the second case of DR1. The manga thing or whatever you have to fill out from right to left is the worst thing about this game

It’s hard to tell what they want you to put where.

The second game gives context for what exactly is happening in each choice along the bottom. But it doesn't give you all the choices right off the bat you gotta work your way through batches of them.

It's still lovely but in a different way

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Hmmmmmm.... (end of case 2) if they're gonna spend so much time on this case trying to figure out exactly how Saionji and Pekoyama got out of the beach house, the schedule on their arrivals and the evidence of their actions in there etc., it's weird how quickly they gloss over Fuzu being there the whole time as well despite never leaving a single footprint or anything. I guess peko could have pushed him out the window first but they never even talked about it

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

In Training posted:

Hmmmmmm.... (end of case 2) if they're gonna spend so much time on this case trying to figure out exactly how Saionji and Pekoyama got out of the beach house, the schedule on their arrivals and the evidence of their actions in there etc., it's weird how quickly they gloss over Fuzu being there the whole time as well despite never leaving a single footprint or anything. I guess peko could have pushed him out the window first but they never even talked about it

She did, pretty sure they mention it.

e: actually nm I think he just walked out the road door before she moved the body

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5v5YN4EAfII

Teaser for new game from the Zero Escape director, coming to PS4 PC and Switch! It might not even be a VN, nobody really knows anything about it

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

In Training posted:

Case 3 Spoilers I felt like there was some glossing over in this case as well, as the whole thing focused on how the camera was set up and how Hiyoko's body was hidden, but didn't really explain how Hiyoko's murder was carried out. I don't think we even found a murder weapon. Just "Oh I guess she turned up at the wrong time and Mikan slit her throat (!!) without getting much blood anywhere except a small bit on the stage that was wiped up". Did she already have the duct tape on hand?

Some spoilery stuff for the next case up to the class trial it kind of felt they were just shoehorning in a second murder so the pattern of the first game could be followed as they point out when they find the future file.

Can't wait to see where the meta-story is going on this one.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I just got to Ibuki's performance, which, lol, and Kuzu immediately slicing his own stomach open hours after being released from the hospital was cool so I'll read the spoilers later.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Also am I just wasting time trying to hang out with Nagito? I've spent like 3 presents on him and never got a single hope fragment.

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

In Training posted:

Also am I just wasting time trying to hang out with Nagito? I've spent like 3 presents on him and never got a single hope fragment.

Everyone else gives fragments even if you mess up a bit so probably.

Ragg
Apr 27, 2003

<The Honorable Badgers>
I didn't read 999 OP or zero escape, but I did read Ever17 which has the same twist as 999 apparently. Lazy bastard. Well it's a good setting idea but did they need to add in multiple timelines, 4th dimensional beings, timeloops, semi-vampirism, amnesia, long lost family members, clones, probably some other crap im forgetting. The answer is no they did not. And the people who think that the last route is when the game got good are simpletons or pedophiles.

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

About to start the third trial in DR2. My leading suspect right now is Mikan but there's a few things that don't add up so that may change.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Ragg posted:

I didn't read 999 OP or zero escape, but I did read Ever17 which has the same twist as 999 apparently. Lazy bastard. Well it's a good setting idea but did they need to add in multiple timelines, 4th dimensional beings, timeloops, semi-vampirism, amnesia, long lost family members, clones, probably some other crap im forgetting. The answer is no they did not. And the people who think that the last route is when the game got good are simpletons or pedophiles.

ty

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

the set up for the 3rd case is pretty sick. Badass murder scene too...for sure an absolutely twisted maniac pulled this one off.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

P-Mack posted:

About to start the third trial in DR2. My leading suspect right now is Mikan but there's a few things that don't add up so that may change.

My guess is kazuichi, bc of the tech stuff needed but really no other hunch. Also that doesn't really make sense probably. It's hard to try and guess in these games bc inevitably somebody will secretly be a serial killer with split personality disorder and/or have the wrong genitals and throw all the evidence out the window 3/4ths of the way through the case

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

In Training posted:

My guess is kazuichi, bc of the tech stuff needed but really no other hunch. Also that doesn't really make sense probably. It's hard to try and guess in these games bc inevitably somebody will secretly be a serial killer with split personality disorder and/or have the wrong genitals and throw all the evidence out the window 3/4ths of the way through the case

Just got to naming the killer and looks like ----I------- was right. The one piece thats bothering me is why the killer tried to hide the time of death with the heater. Since it was ----Mikan------- they could have just lied and everyone would believe them. Maybe Monokuma would have put it in the file if she hadn't put the effort in though..

e: Monokuma [/i]didn't[i] reveal the cause of death and just let her try to lie about it. Oh well.

P-Mack fucked around with this message at 03:38 on Jul 11, 2018

Ragg
Apr 27, 2003

<The Honorable Badgers>

P-Mack posted:

My leading suspect right now is AERIS

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

In Training posted:

Some of the culprits do seem a little arbitrary compared with Phoenix Wright. I guess it's a function of having a shrinking fixed pool of characters to choose from, who all have broadly the same motive, but for most of the trials going in I didn't really have any prime suspect.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

v3 is a little better about that IMO. I feel like I pretty consistently figured out the mysteries RIGHT before the protagonist did, which feels perfect. If you solve it too early it's boring and if it's all based on out of nowhere last minute reveals it feels cheap. drat I can't wait for y'all to play v3 so I can talk about it, it's so loving good

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Finished case 3. I liked the set up and there were some good moments during the trial, even if the perp was kinda obvious. Im hoping cases 4 and 5 start getting into some heavy duty Lore.

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

I just stayed up to almost 4 am to finish the last chapter.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Aston posted:

I just stayed up to almost 4 am to finish the last chapter.

I will probably do this tomorrow/Sunday. I have started chapter 4, and things are starting to get wild...

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

In Training posted:

I will probably do this tomorrow/Sunday. I have started chapter 4, and things are starting to get wild...

You ain't seen nothing yet...

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

god drat hurry up and get to v3 y'all!! it's my favorite game i've played in a long time

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Buybit for me it's 60 friggin dollars

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

In Training posted:

Buybit for me it's 60 friggin dollars

It'll probably go on sale again between PS4 and Steam I got it for like under $30 i think

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

It's cool that chapter 4 is like a mini 999 game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Monokuma Tai Chi