Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

I picked up DR1 for vita a few months back and was looking to play it soon. now is as good a time as any with the thread here

I haven’t really enjoyed the VNs I’ve played before, but I’m hoping this one hooks me. In the past I found I get tired of all the reading and bad writing so I start skipping the dialogue to get to the game parts, P4 Dancing All Night especially. Phoenix Wright I only enjoyed the courtroom scenes and almost none of the other crap

Hopefully DR has a better mix of gameplay to reading

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

I can play my vita in bed and I can’t with my PC so it’s the comfy gamers choice

Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

Finished the first chapter of trigger happy havoc. Seems pretty cool, the guilty person was too obvious it was written on the wall in blood for chrissakes

but other than that, the trial was pretty fun. its a little more active than phoenix wright with the mini games and everything. and i felt like gathering the evidence before the trial was less time consuming than phoenix wright

Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

Finished the second case of DR1. The manga thing or whatever you have to fill out from right to left is the worst thing about this game

It’s hard to tell what they want you to put where.

Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

I picked up DR2 today on sale for Vita. Still on chapter 3 in DR1 and is probably the most fun I’ve had playing a VN so far

Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

just started chapter 5 of DR1, real excited to see where this goes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

Finished DR1. I liked it a lot, the story had a good pace and wasn't overly long like Virtue's Last Reward or that bonus case of the first Ace Attorney game. Just the right length, and it kept me guessing all the way through. :cheers: