Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Spent a while today trying to do the missions and got stuck on the one where you have to do a full clear. I can get close but then I just hover around a almost empty pit for 3 minutes and then fail. The game hasn't clicked with me yet but it's very easy to lose a bunch of time to playing it, super hypnotic and relaxing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

The checker squares can gently caress off

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Even though theyre basically the only challenge lol

Skylark
Apr 27, 2007

︵‿୨🤍୧‿︵
༶⋆˙⊹。⋆ʚ🦢ɞ ✩ ˛˚.

In Training posted:

Spent a while today trying to do the missions and got stuck on the one where you have to do a full clear. I can get close but then I just hover around a almost empty pit for 3 minutes and then fail. The game hasn't clicked with me yet but it's very easy to lose a bunch of time to playing it, super hypnotic and relaxing

Hasn't clicked in terms of enjoying it, or being really good at it?

Skylark
Apr 27, 2007

︵‿୨🤍୧‿︵
༶⋆˙⊹。⋆ʚ🦢ɞ ✩ ˛˚.
IM guessing the second one cause I think youo're a powergamer.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Skylark posted:

Hasn't clicked in terms of enjoying it, or being really good at it?

Good at it, I really like playing it. Or not good but understanding how to be better, because stuff like Puyo Puyo Tetris at least has training stuff in it to show you some hot Strats but this game doesn't have that so I'm just trying to figure it out on my own

Skylark
Apr 27, 2007

︵‿୨🤍୧‿︵
༶⋆˙⊹。⋆ʚ🦢ɞ ✩ ˛˚.
Ok phew Im glad you like it! Yeah i think you literally are just meant to play Challenge mode over and over, which can be kind of frustrating so I think youre supposed to spread it out.

Skylark
Apr 27, 2007

︵‿୨🤍୧‿︵
༶⋆˙⊹。⋆ʚ🦢ɞ ✩ ˛˚.

HORMELCHILI posted:

The checker squares can gently caress off

Lol. Gamers' bane

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Yeah it's the checkers....once you get one errant square sticking out of order the whole thing falls apart

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Pokemon Quest and Hyrule Warriors have finally got their claws off me, so I guess I'll give this a shot. Not feeling too confident though as I'm epically retarded when it comes to puzzle games.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

American McGay posted:

Pokemon Quest and Hyrule Warriors have finally got their claws off me, so I guess I'll give this a shot. Not feeling too confident though as I'm epically retarded when it comes to puzzle games.
Lumines is very straightforward. This isn't competitive Tetris or Puyo Puyo. You don't need to think ten moves ahead or have a grand strategy.

Spoderman
Aug 2, 2004

I just got for the Switch. I'm back

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

I can't stop listening to Mondo Grosso because of this thread and I guess I have to get Lumines now

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

its a steal on switch for 15 bucks imo.

Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

I wish you could unlock the other skins without having to play through 20-30 minutes of skins you’ve already seen 1000

I only have 6 or 7 skins unlocked and I’m dying to see the others

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

try playing other modes, not all the skins are in the main challenge mode playlist, some are for clearing puzzles and missions and such

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stelio Kontos
Feb 12, 2014
Never played before, bought yesterday because of this thread and I'm v bad at it. It's looks and sounds awesome though so I'm going to stick with it. I picked up Deemo a few weeks ago and started out horrible at it but now I'm 90%ing most of the songs on hard so maybe this will be like that

• Locked thread