Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rockopolis
Dec 21, 2012

I MAKE FUN OF QUEER STORYGAMES BECAUSE I HAVE NOTHING BETTER TO DO WITH MY LIFE THAN MAKE OTHER PEOPLE CRY

I can't understand these kinds of games, and not getting it bugs me almost as much as me being weird

chitoryu12 posted:

I just wanted to point out that Free Republic (the infamous old right-wing boomer forum) has found out that the next Bond movie will feature a black woman as the new 007 while Bond is in retirement at the beginning of the movie, and they are very mad:
From Windrush with Love?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rockopolis
Dec 21, 2012

I MAKE FUN OF QUEER STORYGAMES BECAUSE I HAVE NOTHING BETTER TO DO WITH MY LIFE THAN MAKE OTHER PEOPLE CRY

I can't understand these kinds of games, and not getting it bugs me almost as much as me being weird
It looks like Bond is prodding Largo to check his reaction. If someone tries to kill him, he's on the right track.
Archer is not at all a parody.

Rockopolis
Dec 21, 2012

"No Mr Bond, I expect you to believe that literally every day you get a ride back from the eighties and you can see the dentist."

Rockopolis
Dec 21, 2012

It's really weird to see a bunch of places in my neck of the woods referred to in a James Bond book, but it's long enough ago it's hard to picture - no Empire State Plaza, no Montreal Olympics. I should see if I can find any of these places next time I go to Lake George.

Rockopolis
Dec 21, 2012

Legs Diamond actually got killed in Albany - I used to live down the road from the place. Local legend is that the mayor sent over a couple of cops to execute him. I'd believe that - Troy was kind of where the gangsters who couldn't hack it in Albany politics ended up.
Best nickname for him comes from the NYT article on his death - "'Legs' Diamond, the Human Ammunition Dump".

Rockopolis
Dec 21, 2012

Oops, my mistake! Thanks for the correction.

I was rowing at Brant Lake the other day, probably just a few miles from where this was set. It's an insanely pretty bit of country, but the roads are pretty narrow and twisty - hard to find a good place for a photo.

Rockopolis
Dec 21, 2012

Is "Shatterhand" a normal name? It's Karl May's German cowboy character. It'd be like if he fled to the States and used Wooster as an alias.

Rockopolis
Dec 21, 2012

Huh, it's kind of cool that this plot is just dicking over some Soviet handler, like it's useful but hilariously petty at the same time. Especially with the Fabregé eggs, those things are so tacky, enough that they probably got the Romanovs shot for crimes against fashion.

Rockopolis
Dec 21, 2012

Yeah, me too.
Although I always associate her look with cyberpunk for some reaaon. Probably got copied a lot.

Rockopolis
Dec 21, 2012

Other thread?

Rockopolis
Dec 21, 2012

Oh. You Only Read Twice?
Feels weird that this is wrapping up.

Rockopolis
Dec 21, 2012

I'd kind of expect a maniac like that to be able to tell by weight. Maybe if Bond pried out the primers?

Rockopolis
Dec 21, 2012

Can you tell how many bullets are in the gun just by how heavy it feels?

You know, as fun as it is to think of secret squirrel ways to mess with the unattended golden gun, like messing with the firing pin or something, you're right, it would be easier to just walk out and shoot him while he doesn't have his gun.

Rockopolis
Dec 21, 2012

Okay, as much as the Bond franchise is chugging lately, they could make way worse films than having burnt out James Bond retire to go putter with classic cars.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rockopolis
Dec 21, 2012

chitoryu12, it's been a delight.