Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

Feranon posted:

i know dunking on religious myths can be very easy and very :goonsay: but the noahchat reminded me of something

isn't it canon in abrahamic religion that we're all the product of rampant incest? twice over???? first was adam and eve being everyone's parents and then noah's family turned into a giant fuckfest as soon as they hit dry land. not to mention only two of each animal species :whitewater:

and then the christians showed up and said "y'all pagans are so degenerate we're gonna need u to convert or die now" like bitch go gently caress your dad or something

Yeah that's why you have people living hundreds of years in the bible before they managed to genetically engineer humanity into topping out around 100 through rampant sibling loving

So i guess the Duggars actually are living the true biblical lifestyle

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

needs STFU God to complete the set

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
Jun 16 2018

Hundreds nabbed in Quezon City as PNP steps up drive vs '[loiterers]'

quote:

Over 300 people are rounded up for violation of bans and ordinances on drinking, smoking, and loitering half naked in public

The QCPD said in a statement on Saturday, June 16, that the arrests were made following the pronouncement of President Rodrigo Duterte and directives from the Philippine National Police headquarters to rid off the streets of 'tambays' (loiterers) in a bid to lessen crime and maintain peace and order."

“(We intensified the implementation of our city ordinances in compliance with the President’s instructions to make our streets safer and more peaceful. I am reminding the public to follow the ordinances because this is for our welfare.),” said Chief Superintendent Joselito Esquivel Jr, QCPD chief.

In a speech before soldiers and cops, Duterte said if loiterers would not go home, he would deal with them himself. “(I’ll take care of it. Put them there. Tie their hands, I’ll throw them into ) –," he said, leaving the last word to the listeners' imagination.

Jun 18 2018

3,000 ‘tambays’ arrested in public order drive in Metro

quote:

Police arrested almost 3,000 people in Metro Manila the past five days in a renewed crackdown on “tambays” or nighttime idlers violating various ordinances.

PNP chief Dir. Gen. Oscar D. Albayalde said the National Capital Region Police Office arrested a total of 2,981 people from June 13 to 18.

Of these, 944 were arrested for violating curfew hours, 653 for drinking in public, 651 for going half-naked; 456 for smoking in public, 138 for traffic violation, and 139 for various offenses like littering, late-night videoke and urinating in public.

Jun 19 2018

Duterte slams critics of crackdown vs ‘tambays’

quote:

President Rodrigo Duterte on Tuesday slammed the critics of his fresh order for police to round up “tambays” (loiterers), as human rights groups warn of abuse of authority by the police.

“(These human rights groups, don’t tell me what to do. I said round up the loiterers so the public may be able to walk safely at night.)," Duterte said in a speech during the 81st anniversary celebration of the Government Service Insurance System.

Critics have slammed Duterte’s order, saying it was reminiscent of the martial law era in the 1970s.

Loitering was a criminal offense under Article 202 of the Revised Penal Code, which defined vagrants as "any person found loitering about public places or wandering about the streets without visible means of support."

Former president Benigno Aquino III in 2012 signed a law decriminalizing vagrancy
amid concerns that the Revised Penal Code has been used to justify arbitrary arrests against the poor.

The crackdown on tambays, however, may be violating citizens' right to freedom of movement and creating a culture of fear, said the Commission on Human Rights.

Jun 20 2018

Police collar 7,000 ‘tambays’ violating ordinances

quote:

There is no stopping the Philippine National Police (PNP) in rounding up “tambays” or nighttime idlers as it arrested more than 7,000 people for allegedly violating ordinances in Metro Manila during the past week.

From 5:00 a.m. of June 13 to 5:00 a.m. of June 20, 2018, the five districts of the National Capital Region Police Office (NCRPO) arrested as much as 7,291 “tambays” in the past week, its regional director Chief Supt. Guillermo Eleazar said.

This gives an average of 1,042 arrests per day.

Duterte on order vs 'tambays': '(No one is getting arrested)'

quote:

[P]olice say roughly 3,000 have been arrested for loitering while violating ordinances on curfews, public smoking, public nudity, and drinking in the streets

President Rodrigo Duterte sought to allay concerns about his order against "tambays" or loiterers, saying that anyway, people are not getting arrested after he issued his directive.

"(My order to police about loiterers, just follow my order. No one is getting arrested.)," he said on Wednesday, June 20.

Since Duterte repeated his order on "tambays" on June 13, police have arrested at least 2,981 people for supposedly loitering in the streets while allegedly violating city ordinances on curfews, public smoking, public nudity, and drinking in the streets.

A group of 6 was also detained by police in Makati City while they were waiting outside their friend's home, raising questions about how authorities would define "tambay" given Duterte's order.

In his Wednesday speech, Duterte repeated with gusto his warning against criminals he catches loitering.

"(The streets are not for criminals, you sons of bitches. Don't show yourself because you don't have the right to walk around, and if I see you, I'll seize you and that will be your last stroll.)" said the President.

Jun 23 2018

Duterte: I did not order ‘tambay’ arrests

quote:

Amid widespread criticism that police operations against loiterers or loafers were another antipoor campaign similar to the bloody war on drugs that had killed thousands, an angry President Rodrigo Duterte on Friday said he never ordered the police to arrest “tambay.”

Speaking in Davao City on Friday night, the President, a longtime government prosecutor, said he was aware that loitering was not a criminal offense.

“Those sons of bitches were not listening,” he said, referring to his critics. “I never said, ‘arrested.’ But if you are drinking in the alley, in the squatters area and making a living room out of the road there, you’ll really get nabbed.”

“So that these deranged constitutionalists would know that loitering is not a crime – of course it is not,” the President said.

Related: Accost, not arrest tambays – Duterte

Jun 26 2018

Duterte wants ‘arrest’ of loitering minors

quote:

President Rodrigo Duterte has ordered the police to “arrest” teenagers loitering on the streets at night.

His latest directive came on Monday night, in the midst of a crackdown against “tambays” or loiterers.

“Below 18, you arrest the teenagers there around loitering because we have to protect our children. Drugs and other illegal stuff are everywhere,’ Duterte said in a speech before the oathtaking of newly-elected village chiefs of Northen Mindanao in Cagayan de Oro.

“You take them into custody not to arrest them, but for their own safety to protect them,” he added. “They are not being arrested for any crime. It’s for their own good that they are arrested.”

Mr. Duterte cited the principle of “parens patriae” in ordering for the arrest of minors, and putting them under government custody.

“We can take custody of the minors to protect them under the principle of parens patriae,” he pointed out.

He also said that his administration’s crackdown against loiterers would continue.

“We call them istambay. That’s the word. That is my order. And you continue to frisk people who are there on the street and that is legal,” he said.

“Until such time, that is my order,” he further told the police.

Duterte stressed that his order against loiterers is legal until the Supreme Court says otherwise.

“That to me is legal until the Supreme Court says it is illegal. Until the Supreme Court says or court says that I cannot do it,” he said.

He told the police not to mind critics and continue doing their jobs.

“Do not believe in the criticisms. Do not read it. It’s none of your business to be reading what they are talking about. It’s our business to follow what we are ordered to do,” he said.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

i've got a bus stop right by my window and the man might be on to something

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Feranon posted:

i know dunking on religious myths can be very easy and very :goonsay: but the noahchat reminded me of something

isn't it canon in abrahamic religion that we're all the product of rampant incest? twice over???? first was adam and eve being everyone's parents and then noah's family turned into a giant fuckfest as soon as they hit dry land. not to mention only two of each animal species :whitewater:

and then the christians showed up and said "y'all pagans are so degenerate we're gonna need u to convert or die now" like bitch go gently caress your dad or something
i see you've also listened to that one david cross bit

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

christ, duterte makes trump look like a kitten. who gives a poo poo about loitering, of all things?

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost
So I've kinda gathered that Duerte hasn't actually gone too far.

fabergay egg
Mar 1, 2012

it's not a rhetorical question, for politely saying 'you are an idiot, you don't know what you are talking about'

too far my rear end (deturte will never go too far)

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

but what does the real leader of the Philippines, who is at once a television host, recording artist, owner of a basketball league, Senator, and currently in training to face Lucas Matthyse for his WBA welterweight belt next month in Kuala Lumpur, think of all of this?

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Troy Queef posted:

but what does the real leader of the Philippines, who is at once a television host, recording artist, owner of a basketball league, Senator, and currently in training to face Lucas Matthyse for his WBA welterweight belt next month in Kuala Lumpur, think of all of this?

https://www.msn.com/en-ph/kids/othe...%3Bocid=SK2HDHP

"I only heard bits and pieces from the pastors that met with him. We all have our different beliefs here. We all respect each other's beliefs. And we don't know whatever reason there was for the comments, so we couldn't possibly comment"

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

throw born-agains in jail

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

gradenko_2000 posted:

https://www.msn.com/en-ph/kids/othe...%3Bocid=SK2HDHP

"I only heard bits and pieces from the pastors that met with him. We all have our different beliefs here. We all respect each other's beliefs. And we don't know whatever reason there was for the comments, so we couldn't possibly comment"

figures, he's still messed up from the KO in the fourth fight with Juan Manuel Marquez

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/rapplerdotcom/status/1013692638845980672

quote:

After saying the Church is not part of any destabilization plot, Presidential Spokesman Harry Roque is now not ruling out the possibility that Catholic Church leaders are conniving with communists to oust President Rodrigo Duterte.

"(Maybe many of them do not accept the President so it's not farfetched to say they could unite with the CPP-NPA to oust President Duterte.)," said Roque on Monday, July 2 in Maasin, Southern Leyte.

The CPP is the Communist Party of the Philippines while the NPA is its armed wing, the New People's Army.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Somewhere getfiscal just came and doesn't know why

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Jose posted:

the virgin trump vs the chad duterte

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
All the way back in Nov-2016, a provincial mayor in the Philippines, Rolando Espinosa, was arrested and jailed under drug-related charges after he was publicly condemned by Duterte of his involvement. Espinosa was killed while in jail by a police team that was supposedly there to serve him a search warrant, when he allegedly opened fire with a gun that he allegedly had on him inside the cell. The incident was investigated for its exceeding suspicious circumstances, but nothing ever came of it. [Link]

A little later on, in Jul-2017, another provincial mayor, Reynaldo Parojinog, was similarly castigated publicly by Duterte for his involvement in the drug trade, and then when a police SWAT team attempted to raid their residence, there was a shootout between the mayor's private security and the police, and the mayor and multiple others were killed in the ensuing fight. [Link]

On Jun-30-2018, Duterte made a speech to an assembly wherein he said two things:

* Mayors would lose their authority to control local police forces if they were weak on crime. [Link]
* Vice-mayors could "do away" with their mayors as a means of advancing up the ladder of politics faster [Link]

Two days later, on Jul-02-2018, another provincial mayor, Antonio Halili was shot dead in front of a city hall after that morning's flag ceremony. He reportedly died of a single shot from an unseen assailant, which suggests a long-distance shot taken from cover, which further suggests a trained marksman, and a high-powered rifle. [Link]. Going back a bit, Halili had gained notoriety in 2016 for parading arrested drug pushers and drug users around town as a form of public humiliation. [Link] He was also previously accused of being involved in the drug trade, but was later cleared by the police. [Link]

Later that same day, Duterte, in yet another public speech, claimed that Halili really was involved in the drug trade, and that his previous stunts were merely a front. [Link]

This afternoon, Jul-03-2018, yet another provincial mayor, Ferdinand Bote, was murdered by unknown assailants in public and in broad daylight. [Link]

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Trump only wishes he had that level of power.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
While I'm here I might as well also post a timeline of the developments of the peace process between the Maoist Communist Party of the Philippines (CPP) and the Philippine government:

* Aug-2017: The Philippine government meets with the CPP in Oslo for the official start of the peace talks.

I'll be making references to the CPP-NPA-NDF, where the NPA is the "New People's Army", which is the armed/militant wing of the NPA, and the NDF, which is the political arm of the party. Here's a further backgrounder on the talks, if one is interested.

* Nov-2017: The Philippine government cancelled official peace talks with the CPP-NPA-NDF, under the orders of Duterte.

Without getting too deep in the weeds, the breakdown in the peace talks is largely blamed on the NPA "breaking" ceasefires. The problem is that [url"http://www.gmanetwork.com/news/news/nation/578343/gov-t-declares-indefinite-unilateral-ceasefire-with-cpp-npa/story/"]these ceasefires were declared unilaterally by the government[/url], so it's the good ol' trick that we see in places like the Gaza Strip where Israel declares a unilateral ceasefire, then "uncontrolled" elements break that ceasefire, and then the entirety of Hamas/Palestine is blamed for breaking it and is used as a pretense to accuse them all of dealing in bad faith.

* May-2018: informal back-channel talks were on-going between the government and the CPP-NPA-NDF

* Jun-07-2018: JoMa Sison was quoted as saying that an interim ceasefire agreement had been reached, and that it would start on Jun-14-2018, and that they were expecting the resumption of formal peace talks before the end of the month. The government did not comment.

* Jun-14-2018: Sison was again quoted as saying that a "stand-down agreement" had been reached, and that formal peace talks were intended to resume on Jun-28-2018. Again, the government did not comment.

* later that same day, Jun-14-2018: The government postponed the planned resumption of peace talks, under orders from Duterte, who wanted "public consultations"

* Jun-15-2018: it was revealed that it was the military that wanted to have the peace talks postponed

* later that same day, Jun-15-2018: the CPP-NPA-NDF released a statement expressing its frustration with the cancellation of the talks, saying that they were allegedly ready to isse a stand-down order to their forces

* Jun-17-2018: the CPP-NPA-NDF released a set of documents showing proof of the progress of the back-channel talks. Apparently, both parties had already signed an agreement for a stand-down to fighting to happen sometime around Jun-21, in preparation to the original date of the planned resumption of peace talks on Jun-28

* Jun-21-2018: the government released a statement that cancelled even the back-channel talks, pending a "3-month review of all agreements" with the CPP-NPA-NDF.

* Jun-27-2018: the government released a statement that the "public consultations" regarding further peace negotiations would begin within the next two weeks, and would begin in Mindanao

* Jun-28-2018: Jose Maria Sison, the nominal head of the CPP, releases a statement to the effect of wanting to cancel the peace talks, claiming that the government cannot be trusted to deal in good faith anymore given all of the prior cancellations and postponements, and that instead the CPP-NPA-NDF and the country's dissidents as a whole should rather pursue ousting Duterte.

There's been some hemming-and-hawing in the days since, with Sison claiming that the decision is not yet final, and the government saying they're open to the talks as long as the CPP will listen, while the military is urging the government to break the peace talks in response, and so on and so forth, though the current situation is that both sides remain non-committal. IMO, it's rather likely given the character of Duterte and his administration that nothing will come of this.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
Duterte slams Church’s ‘creeping influence’ over PH society

quote:

President Rodrigo Duterte on Wednesday again hit the Catholic Church, citing what he described to be its “creeping influence” over the society.

In a speech during the 31st founding anniversary of the Department of Environment and Natural Resources (DENR), Duterte expressed misgivings on the “creeping influence of [Catholic] faith” which “sometimes run counter to what the government believes to be good for the people, at least in this temporal life.”

The President said this in the context of his push for artificial family planning, a method disapproved by the Catholic Church. Some 80 percent of Filipinos belong to the faith, and Duterte himself was born and raised a Catholic.

Duterte, as long-time mayor of Davao City, had pushed for the use of artificial birth control methods in managing the city’s population.

The President believes that managing the population is key to ensuring a better life for every Filipinos.

The influential Church had played a big role in the opposition against the Responsible Parenthood and Reproductive Health Act of 2012, which was declared constitutional in 2014 by the high court except for some of its provisions.

Duterte had earlier drawn criticism from the Catholic Church for some of his other policies, including the war on drugs, his push for the revival of death penalty, and lowering the age of criminal responsibility.

Tension has been high between Duterte and the Catholic hierarchy and other Christian groups of late after the President called God “stupid” and raised questions about certain Church doctrines and beliefs, such as the story of creation, the concept of heaven and hell, and the Last Supper.

Reeling from the outrage over his controversial remark, the President formed a team to hold a dialogue with leaders of the Catholic Church and other Christian groups.

Duterte is set to meet Catholic Bishops’ Conference of the Philippines president Romulo Valles on July 9 in an attempt to ease the friction between the government and the Church.

Metal Cat
Dec 25, 2017

Metal Cat has issued a correction as of 03:05 on Oct 24, 2021

Helsing
Aug 23, 2003

DON'T POST IN THE ELECTION THREAD UNLESS YOU :love::love::love: JOE BIDEN
Duterte Harry cucking Trump again by showing how you really pick a fight with the Catholic church

Helsing
Aug 23, 2003

DON'T POST IN THE ELECTION THREAD UNLESS YOU :love::love::love: JOE BIDEN
Duterte Harry cucking Trump again by showing how you really pick a fight with the Catholic church

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer
On population control if not drug control he is 100% right

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

Chernigov Military Aviation Lyceum
The Fighting Slowpokes

DUBERTE

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

the philippines and italy are proving that america can't even do fascism right

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
there goes another one

https://twitter.com/rapplerdotcom/status/1015517275263258624

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

whoever these communists are they apparently know how to get poo poo done

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Duterte said that if someone proves that they can talk to god with a picture he will resign

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Plutonis posted:

Duterte said that if someone proves that they can talk to god with a picture he will resign

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
show him a kevin sorbo movie

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

Darkman Fanpage posted:

show him a kevin sorbo movie

Better yet, show him the show where an athiest becomes Facebook friends with God

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BTBaFCANKp0

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
Duterte to Reds: Let’s go to war

DAVAO CITY—“Let us go to war!”

A combative President Rodrigo Duterte sent this message to communist rebels on Friday night as prospects for the resumption of the peace talks under his administration grew dimmer.

The President said he had studied all the documents and past agreements between the communist rebels, represented by the National Democratic Front of the Philippines (NDFP) in the talks, and previous administrations and they all indicated the rebels wanted to share power with the government.

“If you read it, it all ends up with power sharing and a coalition government,” the President said at the opening of National Science and Technology Week in SMX Convention Center in Davao City. “That is where the direction is.”

“I cannot give it to you. Let’s go to war. Let us all go to war … The fighting has lasted 50 years. Now, we’re about to begin another 50 years [of war],” the 73-year-old President said.

Proposed reforms

He said the rebels were proposing economic reforms, referring to the draft Comprehensive Agreement on Social and Economic Reforms (Caser), which government and rebel negotiators were supposed to discuss had formal talks been resumed as scheduled on June 28.

Caser, one of four proposed agreements on the negotiating table, seeks to carry out, among other things, a radical agrarian reform program that would allow the seizure of parcels of land of questionable ownership and distributing these for free to landless farmers.

The proposed economic reforms also sought “national industrialization,” with local mines supplying Philippine factories with raw materials instead of just exporting mineral ores.

‘If that’s my destiny . . .’

The President also ranted anew against Communist Party of the Philippines (CPP) founding chair Jose Maria Sison, saying he was irritated by a statement attributed to Sison that he would not last three years in his position.

“‘Duterte will not last until three years.’ Well, it’s fine. If that’s my destiny, I will accept it. There’s no problem with it,” the President said.

“Destiny is God, that is what God wants me to be, a civilian after three years. According to Sison, the clairvoyant of the CPP,” he added.

During informal meetings in the Netherlands, the NDFP and the government panels had agreed to resume formal negotiations, which were terminated by the President in November last year, on June 28-30 in Norway.

The Norwegian government has been facilitating the talks to end the nearly 50-year-old insurgency in the country.

The two sides were also supposed to announce separately an order to the military and the New People’s Army (NPA) to stand down—a preliminary truce prior to a formal bilateral ceasefire agreement. They also planned to sign an interim peace agreement.

Plans collapsed

All the negotiators’ plans collapsed after the President canceled the Oslo talks, saying the government needed to first hold public consultations on the previous agreements.

On Wednesday, the government set four new conditions, based on the “wishes” of the President, to resume the talks — that they be held in the Philippines, that there be a ceasefire during which NPA guerrillas must remain in designated camps, that the rebels stop collecting “revolutionary taxes,” and that there should be no coalition government.

Sison rejected holding talks in the country. He and the NDFP have repeatedly denied they were seeking a coalition government.

Sison also denied the rebels planned to oust the President by October this year, saying the so-called plan was a “mere fabrication” by Defense Secretary Delfin Lorenzana, who has openly opposed the talks.

Willie Tomg
Feb 2, 2006

Dreddout posted:

Better yet, show him the show where an athiest becomes Facebook friends with God

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BTBaFCANKp0

a six and a half minute trailer

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

"So what do these communists want?"

"Well, they want to develop the productive forces so that we stop being a third world country."

"That's loving stupid. Tell them the war's back on."

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
Duterte: ‘You cannot use God to criticize me’

quote:

Jul 07 2018

MANILA—President Rodrigo Duterte on Saturday told his critics not to use God's name in vain against him, citing the separation of Church and State.

In a speech in Davao City, Duterte said Filipinos can criticize him "with all [their] heart's content" but said those in religious sects must not involve God.

"[But] when you are a religious, you have to be something of a neutral [here in your faith] and the government. Because it is really the concept of a Republican system that there is a separation of Church and State. So, when you criticize me, do not use the platform of God," he said.

"Do not do it, do not take God’s name in vain because [when I retaliate, I will include the Lord Jesus Christ in it]. It’s fundamental, it’s almost basic. There is really a clear cut between religion and governance. You cannot use God to criticize me."

Tension has been high between Duterte and the Catholic hierarchy and other Christian groups of late after the President called God “stupid” and raised questions about certain Church doctrines and beliefs, such as the story of creation, the concept of heaven and hell, and the Last Supper.

Reeling from the outrage over his controversial remark, the President formed a team to hold a dialogue with leaders of the Catholic Church and other Christian groups.

Duterte is set to meet Catholic Bishops’ Conference of the Philippines president Romulo Valles on Monday in an attempt to ease the friction between the government and the Church.

Duterte: Show me proof God exists, I’ll resign

quote:

July 8, 2018

President Duterte dared anyone who has gone to see God and have a selfie with Him to come back and prove the existence of God.

If this happens, then he would immediately step down from the presidency.

He told more than 1,000 participants at the 2018 National Science and Technology Week celebration held at the SMX Convention Center at SM Lanang Premiere the other night that he never said he does not believe in God.

“I tend to talk a lot about things…I believe in one supreme God…I never said I do not believe in God. I’m not agnostic and I’m not an atheist. I just happen to be a human being believing that there’s a universal mind somewhere which controls the universe,” the President added.

Duterte tackled once again the controversial issue on the existence of God rather than delve on science and technology which, he admitted, is not among his strongest points.

He clarified that what he was questioning is the logic of why is there so much agony, pain and injustice in the world.

“We’ll never really know until maybe God chooses the time for us to know the answer,” he said as he lambasted religions that ask money from people on the pretext of helping other people.

Duterte, who was criticized recently for his comments on religious matters, added that he would step down as the country’s President if someone is able to talk to God in heaven and have a selfie with Him.

“You do that today, one single witness that there is a guy, a human being, who’s able to talk and to see God. Of the so many billions that passed through Earth, I just need one. And if there is one, ladies and gentlemen, I will announce my resignation immediately,” he said.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Yinlock posted:

whoever these communists are they apparently know how to get poo poo done

I do want to clarify that it's really probably not the CPP-NPA that's behind the recent killings of public officials.

For one thing, nobody has yet taken credit.

Here's an example of what it looks like when the NPA kills someone:

NPA owns killing of Quezon village chief

quote:

June 12, 2018

LUCENA CITY – The New People’s Army (NPA) operating in Quezon province on Tuesday claimed responsibility for the killing of a village chief in San Narciso town.

Cleo del Mundo, spokesperson of the NPA Apolonio Mendoza Command, said a rebel hit squad killed Ruben Carabido in the house of his sibling in Barangay Busok-Busokan around noontime Monday.

In her Facebook post on Tuesday afternoon, Del Mundo said Carabido was gunned down by NPA rebels while watching who among the tenants in one of the big estates he was overseeing would bring out coconuts without permission.

Del Mundo said Carabido was a “legitimate target” of the NPA as he was accused of maintaining armed goons to protect big landlords in the area in cahoots with the police and the military.

Del Mundo charged that Carabido was the alleged brains behind the harassment, intimidation and arrest of militant farmers in the towns of San Narciso and San Andres.

“[The execution of Ruben Carabido is in keeping with the revolution movement's goal of bringing peace to the people from those who are harassing them],” Del Mundo said.

Carabido, chief of Barangay Binay, was shot by a group of at least eight suspects using different firearms.

The victim was fatally hit in different parts of his body and died on the spot.

Police described the suspects as wearing “black shirts with CPP-NPA logo (hammer and sickle).”

CPP stands for Communist Party of the Philippines while NPA refers to New People’s Army, the CPP military wing.

These recent killings of mayors are probably driven by political intrigue and/or by the government themselves.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Goon Project: Let's send money to the CPP-NPA