Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Solkanar512
Dec 28, 2006

by the sex ghost

Martman posted:

IMO by just being herself she was actually helping Logan's cause. For all his machinations I don't think he was coming off as a good husband, and I think Marcia saw that she could impress Nan just by being a smart, confident woman.

I think Nan ended up mentioning how she was impressed that Logan didn't choose a certain "other" type of woman for his wife, i.e. a young model or whatever.

But wasn't she actually mad at him in private? And she also seemed to be legitimately drunk. Maybe she fooled me, dunno.

Also that comment about the new world wines was really special.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solkanar512
Dec 28, 2006

by the sex ghost

double negative posted:

And Nan cajoled that same woman to have a drink and hang out with all the billionaires, as if that’s something she ever invites her to do when there isn’t company to show off for, and the woman begged off, knowing she had to finish making that dish perfectly so Nan could take credit for it

Yeah, the whole thing was so gross.

Solkanar512
Dec 28, 2006

by the sex ghost

CubanMissile posted:

He's putting himself in the best position possible teaming up with Geri. I imagine Logan will be dead before ever naming a real successor so the show can have everyone with the knives out for each other without daddy around to pick favorites. As cruel as he is, he'll be nothing compared to the sharks once there's blood in the water.

So just out of curiosity, but these "papers" that keep coming up, do they have any actual legal power? Like, if Logan has another stroke or just dies without changing anything, does Gerri actually become CEO? I presume that Logan assumes he'll just change it later but what if later never comes?

Solkanar512
Dec 28, 2006

by the sex ghost
Eh, I think folks are being a little hard on them. Yeah, they’re pretentious loving assholes, but they aren’t wantonly destroying companies (and the jobs that go with) because daddy had a temper tantrum and they aren’t actively hiding rape and murders that happen on cruise ships.

And I while Nan treats her housekeepers like poo poo, she isn’t physically and emotionally abusing her children. The Pierces are at worst the yuppies from Christmas Vacation.

Solkanar512
Dec 28, 2006

by the sex ghost

pnumoman posted:

I'm definitely not saying they're actually worse than the Roys, they just feel that way because of the hypocrisy. The Roys are clearly the more evil family with the whole casual cover up of the cruise ship thing, but at least they own the whole billionaire shtick instead of loudly proclaiming to anyone who will listen that they're just normal folks.

I think that's legit. It's a massive blind spot for a group of people that supposedly should be aware of that sort of thing.

Solkanar512
Dec 28, 2006

by the sex ghost
“Are you regularly tested for sexually transmitted diseases?”

Holy poo poo, that was absolutely savage.

Solkanar512
Dec 28, 2006

by the sex ghost

No Wave posted:

What Ewan says certainly makes him look like he's behind it but I wouldnt be surprised if it was a misdirection/he only knows about it from the biographer or something.

Also if you want a nasty contrast compare Kendall getting crushed by the news host at cold butter dinner last season vs how horribly he treated the actress in this one.

Ewan has a board seat or two, right? If so, does he have a fiduciary duty not to pull this sort of thing?

Solkanar512
Dec 28, 2006

by the sex ghost

No Wave posted:

say what you want about US law but I dont think exposing a murder coverup is illegal. (as long as 3 letter agencies arent involved)

Yeah, you're right I was being too cynical.

Solkanar512 fucked around with this message at 18:49 on Oct 1, 2019

Solkanar512
Dec 28, 2006

by the sex ghost

SLOSifl posted:

She was backed into this weird little corner in the handrails in the middle of an otherwise huge space too, it was uncomfortable as hell.

Yeah, that was absolutely brilliant.

Also, I love how we don't actually know if Rome is alive or not.

Solkanar512
Dec 28, 2006

by the sex ghost

CeeJee posted:

Poor Roman, no one even noticed he was held hostage or possibly even knew he had flown to Turkey. Any deal that comes out of this whole mess would probably not hold up in court as it was made under duress.

Remarkable that in a room full of pretty sharp people it was Logan who was the only one to get Greg out of the room seconds before he spread the Death Pit Knowledge virus to everyone.

Kind of odd how a bunch of rich folks working in news weren’t aware that a bunch of rich folks were being held hostage in Turkey. That sort of poo poo would have made headlines pretty drat quick.

Maybe only Pierce covers world news? Who knows.

Solkanar512
Dec 28, 2006

by the sex ghost
My wife totally caught the Judas kiss, drat.

Solkanar512
Dec 28, 2006

by the sex ghost
If Logan were really a puppet master he wouldn’t have all the conflict within his family and with his company that he currently faces. A bunch of different times he could have made a deal, kept a kid involved and productive or otherwise advanced his goals and he fails every time.

He’s not even planning long term! He’s literally just reacting to emergencies or his own whims as they come up.

Solkanar512
Dec 28, 2006

by the sex ghost

Escobarbarian posted:

Do people think I should make a new thread for s3, or should we keep this one? I feel like enough new people have gotten into the show over the past couple years that a season 3 thread could get more traffic so it might be good to start fresh.

I think it's a great idea. This show was a bit of a sleeper anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solkanar512
Dec 28, 2006

by the sex ghost
“She even had me swallow my own load!”

Edit: the Pierce family was amazingly and delightfully insufferable in their own unique way. Incredible writing.