Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

D-Pad
Jun 28, 2006

The smile from Logan at the end was great. The hosed up thing is that I don't think Ken did it out of anger or betrayal. He is still trying to get the love and respect from his dad he so desperately wants and realized that doing this would actually get it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

D-Pad
Jun 28, 2006

Escobarbarian posted:

Yeah, both this and the not a killer thing had to be the final straws for Ken. That was an insanely good finale, drat. This might have been the best show of the year.

Like I said above I don't think Ken's reaction to that was "ok well gently caress you" I think it was "ok I need to be a killer for you to finally love me so that's what I am going to do". I think it makes the character that much more tragic, that he was willing to utterly betray his father, and by extension his family, to get the love he so desperately seeks.

D-Pad
Jun 28, 2006

Seph posted:

If Logan wanted to take the fall, there are better ways to go about that than having your son publish incriminating documents on live TV. He would have come up with a minimally impactful confession and had it choreographed with his family and PR team. As it stands now he's knee deep in poo poo and could end up in jail.

Maybe, but not necessarily. Logan doing it as you describe would probably get a lot of pushback about how it's basically retirement which he was planning to do relatively soon and his health is bad anyway so it doesn't mean much. Ken gave the public/congress/shareholders some serious red meat that will more than satisfy them.

I don't actually think he did it on purpose but if he did that would be the reasoning I think.

D-Pad
Jun 28, 2006

The article is right. Logan smiled because he sees that his son is the killer he wants him to be. That doesn't mean he isn't going to bring down holy hell on him and do everything he can to destroy him. Logan did not intend for this to happen.