Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
A Typical Goon
Feb 25, 2011
Level 6 is boring as poo poo and with the exception of Tyler every bit as stupid as the Hive

edit: now that I think about it Tyler is dumb af too seeing as his jury management has left him with a 0% chance of winning the game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

The greatest thing that FOUTTE ever did was by being SO dumb and historical failures that they've distracted from how dumb Level Six has been all season. Its a dumb cast.

But like, obviously the current dissatisfaction has less to do with rooting interests and that the show's just been boring for like 3 weeks straight now. When the entire house is united against a couple of people its boring. We saw that last season.

The night Fessy won HOH Haleigh got drunk with JC on his wine (Fessy is Muslim and doesn't drink but requested wine to share with them). The whole time JC was pushing his "Scottie loves Haleigh and is gunning for you" thing Haleigh was drunk and kind of playing along. She didn't really start pushing back and trying to save Scottie until she sobered up the next day. So some feel if she had just not drank that night she would have kept her head in the game and convinced Fessy to target Brett/Tyler.

I'm a little skeptical of that. Haleigh's problem is really that she doesn't like to push too hard or stick her neck out, so sober or drunk she was probably not going to defend Scottie in front of JC. And even the next day she didn't push THAT hard and it took her forever to even give Scottie a head's up that he needed to talk to Fessy. But still, either way getting wasted the night everything goes to hell is a bad idea.

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 19:05 on Sep 7, 2018

Orange Sunshine
May 10, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

A Typical Goon posted:

Level 6 is boring as poo poo and with the exception of Tyler every bit as stupid as the Hive

edit: now that I think about it Tyler is dumb af too seeing as his jury management has left him with a 0% chance of winning the game

That doesn't mean he's dumb, it means he's making the classic mistake so many otherwise good players make, which is putting everything into getting to the end and not planning for what will happen when the jury is bitter and angry at him. I'm not even sure it's a bad strategy, since second place makes you $50,000.

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

You would think with Tyler being a superfan (he's watched BB since he was a kid) he would key into the fundamental necessity of not being a dick as he send people out the door.
At least drop some positive goodbye messages ala Derrick.
Come to think of it, have they even shown any Tyler goodbye messages to jury members or is production choosing to keep them under wraps?
I do know they've shown Angela in straight up Mean Girl Mode to several so far.

Okay, well he hasn't done anything dickish per say to anyone on a personal level but he has assembled a multi tiered meat shield to bunny behind.
If he fesses up and come clean during the Jury Question Gauntlet they may reward him but based on how Scottie is talking the Jury House is very salty on him and will reward Brett/KC/Sam over Angela or Tyler because of how butthurt they are.

Popero
Apr 17, 2001

.406/.553/.735
We saw a good one from him to Bayleigh.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

The shows producers have said that they see all the goodbye messages after the live show ends. Tyler doesn't seem to have left nasty ones like Angela and Brett but he doesn't seem to be able to turn his snarkiness off enough to win jurors over.

Honestly, I think the GBM is too late for that. It can piss someone off or reveal some bom or leave a lasting impression, but it's not gonna change someone's perception from months. We focus on Paul and Josh's messages but Josh didn't just come clean. In the GBM, he always went out of his way to apologize and try and make things right in the house. That's what Tyler is missing. He should be taking a page out of Derrick's book and giving "Let Death Take You" speeches. He should have sat Scottie down Wednesday night and come clean. Maybe not about everything and L6, but about Scottie going home, and why Tyler thought he needed to go, and blah blah blah. You can't blindside him out the door and then come clean in a video while smiling. You come off like a douche.

Tylers just going to have a hard time convincing everyone that he ran L6 and masterminded the season. JC will be saying he ran things, Angela and Kaycee will have egos and resumes, and Brett will be talking up his double agent game (which overshadows Tyler's first half double agent game). Tyler needs to sell his game hard.

Bretts a weird guy because he actually does a solid job with the in house apologies and clean up. He's even talked about how he picked up on how Josh would always apologize and people would forgive him. But then he goes and leaves nasty goodbye messages that undoes a lot of that work. So who knows? I still think he has an advantage in that he's so over the top people just don't take it as badly.

mancalamania
Oct 23, 2008
Scenario: BB19+Celeb are still on the players' minds and everyone thinks you should take the Mastermind player to the end to secure an easy win. Tyler does such a good job convincing everyone that he did nothing all season that the F3 HoH cuts Tyler and brings Angela for the easy win against the Mastermind. Tyler loses because he was perceived as a threat because he did such a good job pretending to be nonthreatening.

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate
Scotties speech is my new favorite burn out the door speech

Jeep
Feb 20, 2013
this is an abominable season of television

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Playoffs are no big deal,
don't have a crap attack.
That was the worst episode this season. There was no drama about the nominations. They’re trying to push a Showmance between two bland people. They tried to rehibilate a Mean Girl. They spent a quarter of the episode on a proposal that had nothing to do with this season. Even the wacky segments were boring. If Sam didn’t become a heel, she’d be fun to root for, especially after her plan to burn all these motherfuckers if they cross her.

I haven’t really rooted for anyone this season, but this season did have potential to be chaotic fun.

Orange Sunshine
May 10, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
That hour of tv had 20 minutes of worthless filler. Luckily I could just fast forward through it all.

The only entertaining part was Sam's wacky speech at the end. Being in the house is causing her to become unhinged.

A Typical Goon
Feb 25, 2011
wait you guys didn’t enjoy Things Angela Smells?

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I once again haven't watch an episode and you guys are really getting me super duper excited to get this one in before Thursday.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

That was the worst episode of this show I've ever watched, holy poo poo

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
I wonder if Julie will make a brief statement during the live show about her Husband, especially seeing as things are coming out about her as well.

mallratcal
Sep 10, 2003

I doubt it. She would more than likely bring it up on her talk show, or at least she has before.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

mallratcal posted:

I doubt it. She would more than likely bring it up on her talk show, or at least she has before.

Possibly, but I think she's off The View this week and BB is her next tv appearance.

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

Your Taint posted:

I wonder if Julie will make a brief statement during the live show about her Husband, especially seeing as things are coming out about her as well.
She ain't gonna say poo poo about anything.

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

A Typical Goon posted:

wait you guys didn’t enjoy Things Angela Smells?

I can’t believe of all the boring things that happened, I completely forgot about this. This was a good use of 2-3 minutes.

Orange Sunshine
May 10, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
If Sam ever seriously thinks she's going home, she's going to lose it.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

As much as I dislike Sam, you can tell that someone broke her early in life and that she's struggling with some things.

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Level 6 realizes they have to attempt at jury management...at the end.

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

Convincing Brett to throw the Veto so Tyler can backdoor him?

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

Paul ReiserFS posted:

Convincing Brett to throw the Veto so Tyler can backdoor him?
Brett better not fall for the shade Tyler was throwing or his rear end is :byewhore:

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

Welp, Brett is hosed and Tyler has some sort of speech planned to cement it with Sam's vote.

Or maybe not... saving JC to prop up Brett?

What a boring season.

Robnoxious fucked around with this message at 02:43 on Sep 14, 2018

Iodised QQ
Jul 23, 2004

They'll probably backdoor Brett.

Could Sam or jc ever win anything at any point? Ever?

Even though Sam would do whatever Tyler wanted, it'd probably be a little more interesting

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

Iodised QQ posted:

Could Sam or jc ever win anything at any point? Ever?
JC, no loving way.

Sam can win by a loving accident but not likely.

pospysyl
Nov 10, 2012

Robnoxious posted:

Welp, Brett is hosed and Tyler has some sort of speech planned to cement it with Sam's vote.

What a boring season.

Not like he had a good chance to win.

Jeep
Feb 20, 2013

Jeep posted:

this is an abominable season of television

then, now, forever

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

pospysyl posted:

Not like he had a good chance to win.
True, especially not by being properly misted by Tyler.
He watched it unfolding all season long and chose not do do anything about it.

He reaps what he sowed.

pospysyl
Nov 10, 2012

Who's left that's smart enough to get rid of Tyler? JC, maybe? Angela and Sam can't make moves and Kaycee doesn't really need to do it.

ElectricSheep
Jan 14, 2006

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.
Uh this is completely random but how often does she refer to herself as Julie Chen Moonves

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

Never.

That was her wink and nod to Leslie getting bounced.

Iodised QQ
Jul 23, 2004

^^yeah, this was the first time she ever did it

The Julie signoff by saying "I'm Julie chen-moonves"

Doubling down on the sack of poo poo husband was expected yet still disappointing

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

pospysyl posted:

Who's left that's smart enough to get rid of Tyler? JC, maybe? Angela and Sam can't make moves and Kaycee doesn't really need to do it.
JC is the only one that should but will fail in trying to do so.
Everyone else is just in Tyler's back pocket.

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

It also doesn’t help that Sam and JC can’t win competitions.

Orange Sunshine
May 10, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
So does Tyler really plan on going to the end against Kaycee?

If he does, she will crush him in the final jury votes. It will be an extremely bitter jury, they'll all be angry at Tyler and no one will be angry at Kaycee, plus she is kicking rear end at the competitions. She is the last person he should try to go to the end against.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I'm not 100% sure of that but I do kind of think it would be the funny satisfying end to this. Tylers made enough mistakes that I can't feel all "he's a deserving winner at least" but him making one final mistake of massively misreading the jury, underestimating Kaycee, and paying for his cowardly game would feel satisfying.

Then again FOUTTE could screw it up and bail him out one last time.

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe

Robnoxious posted:

What a boring season.
Should have had a double eviction when there were more people and more possibilities for something to happen.

Haven't watched in a couple of weeks and last night's show was dull. I think my favourite parts are when Julie orders the players around like they're robots. "Houseguests move over to that area. Houseguest, stand up move forward and speak." etc. They're so well trained now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

Last night really was his chance to get Kaycee out but at this point he is leashed and wouldn't want to do 2 more weeks with Angela mad at him. His best chance now is to probably throw or hope Angela wins the final HOH and takes him with her.

• Locked thread