Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I don't think Sam's sweetness is an act. I just think she's a human being with a complicated personality. She is sweet AND she is nasty.

Snowmankilla posted:

I agree with all of those things and get where everyone is coming from. I just think Bay got crazy worked up. I also give someone who is not white/American/ a small amount of wiggle room that I would not if it was Tyler/Scottie/Bret.

I don't think the issue was that JC said it. Bay was pretty calm in the immediate aftermath of it. The issue is that he kept defending his use of it and accused Bay of being over sensitive. And eventually Bay just became overwhelmed by it. The whole thing went on for like an hour in real time. And everyone else in the house just kept saying "Why doesn't he just apologize?"

JC isn't a racist, he's just an obnoxious stubborn rear end in a top hat with some cultural holes.

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 02:43 on Jul 23, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010
Ignore my doomerism, I don't think better things are possible

STAC Goat posted:

I don't think Sam's sweetness is an act. I just think she's a human being with a complicated personality. She is sweet AND she is nasty.

I was wrong to imply she is faking. I feel it's more the common mistake among southerners mistaking being polite and being genuinely kind and good-hearted.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I mean, I think she is kind and good hearted in the sense that she seems to have genuine conversations and relationships and empathy for people. But she's also got a temper and a self righteous patronizing tone and apparently some misogynistic views of how men and women are "supposed" to act.

People are complicated. It wouldn't be the first person who seemed awesome in a lot of ways but was kind of lovely in a few ways. Life is about growing as a person and getting less terrible.

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 03:44 on Jul 23, 2018

Orange Sunshine
May 10, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

STAC Goat posted:

I don't think the issue was that JC said it. Bay was pretty calm in the immediate aftermath of it. The issue is that he kept defending his use of it and accused Bay of being over sensitive. And eventually Bay just became overwhelmed by it. The whole thing went on for like an hour in real time. And everyone else in the house just kept saying "Why doesn't he just apologize?"

JC isn't a racist, he's just an obnoxious stubborn rear end in a top hat with some cultural holes.

In today's system of political correctness, it's important to find one's proper place in the hierarchy of victimhood. The bigger the victim you are, the more important you are and the more everyone must listen to everything you say and respect you. Bayleigh was naturally offended, as JC's use of the N word meant that he was disrespecting her place near the top of the hierarchy. JC, on the other hand, fought to demonstrate that his level of victimhood was equal to or greater than hers, allowing him to use any word he wanted.

CBS, of course, devoted a large amount of screen time to all of this, because victimhood is serious business, the importance of which cannot be overestimated.

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

I loved both of their continued use of other slurs throughout the conversation

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate
That segment just would not end. I have thought about it but mostly why did it go one so loving long.

FeastForCows
Oct 18, 2011
I'm just surprised that one can go through 20-something years of life without ever realizing or learning that "midget" is a derogatory term.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

That doesn't surprise me too much. I think that's kind of in like the same category as trans or mentally disabled slurs that a lot of people were ignorant to until very recently.

Plus Bay's also said stuff like describing Fessy as "off the boat" so...

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe

STAC Goat posted:

Sam lives alone in a trailer. She's not someone who should be spouting relationship advice.
She was much more likeable as a robot.

A Typical Goon
Feb 25, 2011

Orange Sunshine posted:

In today's system of political correctness, it's important to find one's proper place in the hierarchy of victimhood. The bigger the victim you are, the more important you are and the more everyone must listen to everything you say and respect you. Bayleigh was naturally offended, as JC's use of the N word meant that he was disrespecting her place near the top of the hierarchy. JC, on the other hand, fought to demonstrate that his level of victimhood was equal to or greater than hers, allowing him to use any word he wanted.

CBS, of course, devoted a large amount of screen time to all of this, because victimhood is serious business, the importance of which cannot be overestimated.

:jerkbag: :jerkbag:

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate

Binary Logic posted:

Sam lives alone in a trailer. She's not someone who should be spouting relationship advice.
She was much more likeable as a robot.

She lives alone because she cheated on her boyfriend

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

I found a hot meme on reddit!

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

Man I've never felt such a 180 on someone

Remember the salad days of Sambot?

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Playoffs are no big deal,
don't have a crap attack.

Paul ReiserFS posted:

Man I've never felt such a 180 on someone

Remember the salad days of Sambot?

Sam having a heel turn was not something I expected from this week.

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

I like Fez, but drat, he’s playing a dangerous game.

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Congrats Fez on making the second-dumbest move of the game.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

“So I began to notice a vibrational shift in Fessy’s energy”

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Oh, Fessy. You big dummy.

Although I'm taking a hard stance against "I threw it." You can't throw it if you were already losing, Kaitlyn. In fact, even if you're telling the truth and intentionally got the last question right all you did was increase the chances of Fessy tying with someone else and make sure it wasn't going to be you. You megalomaniacal dummy.

As disappointed as I am in Sam's actions/words/views I'm actually kind of impressed that CBS/BB didn't protect her at all. They easily could have softened that or edited it out entirely. They've done it before. The choose to let the Fan Favorite show her rear end.

Love or hate the guy, JC has balls and doesn't go down without a fight. Sometimes the biggest thing you can do in Big Brother is just whine your way off the block. Ask Nicole.

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 03:04 on Jul 26, 2018

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
I wouldnt say I was a big fan of Sam before but shes really gone kff the rails. I've never seen someone change personalities so quickly.

Orange Sunshine
May 10, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Everyone getting screen time seems to be competing to see who can play the game the worst.

mancalamania
Oct 23, 2008
Did the Big Brother "Previous On" guy make a reference to 2006 reality TV show Rock Star: Supernova?? That has to be the strangest wordplay reach in the Previouslys I've ever heard.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

There's that embarrassing nervous feeling Big Brother live evictions give me.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Rachel got a DR! Angela spoke words on TV! Its Level 5's best episode yet!

JC ate that apple for like an hour. I hate that apple.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Its getting really late for an episode with a guaranteed Battle Back. I guess no live HOH. Maybe a Fishbowl or Chicken Coop one?

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Hahahahahahahaha oh my loving god Tony Robbins :laffo:

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

My truth is telling me that i have to do whatever this cute blonde guy says

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Kaitlyn is on the Perkis System

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Sam's just actively cosplaying Rosie the Riveter.

Kaitlyn's "teachers"!! HA!

Holy poo poo, JC! MIND BLOWN!

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Is JC trying to force a tie or trying to screw Tyler? Or maybe the votes switched for the 50th time.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Either Tyler somehow flipped JC to vote with L5 to keep her or JC's just throwing a hinky vote to play games.

But I have no idea at all because I was 100% certain JC was voting out Kaitlyn and sure about absolutely no other votes.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

I hope it’s a hinky vote.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Holy poo poo! Tyler voted out Kaitlyn and JC didn't!

NO ONE is going to believe that wasn't Tyler.

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Wonder if this vote would be different if Kaitlyn didn’t backdoor Swaggy?

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

lmao JC you little poo poo, I love it

Max
Nov 30, 2002

JC will either pin that on Tyler or Fessy.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Every HG is freaking out right now terrified if Kaitlyn winning her way back in.

Except the guy who spent the entire week desperately trying to get her evicted who also was the only person who voted for her to stay.

Max posted:

JC will either pin that on Tyler or Fessy.

Its JC. He'll probably pin it on both of them to different people.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

I hope the challenge is just a question asking if she really sees “Color” and when she presses yes it tells her she’s evicted.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

STAC Goat posted:

Every HG is freaking out right now terrified if Kaitlyn winning her way back in.

Except the guy who spent the entire week desperately trying to get her evicted who also was the only person who voted for her to stay.

Its JC. He'll probably pin it on both of them to different people.

Lol good point.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

That's the lamest puzzle ever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

haha it's a loving 4 piece puzzle

• Locked thread