Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Like this is the bad reasoning some of you are supporting:

Anpu posted:

Monathin is angry because of a legitimate scum slip. He and Beetphyxious posted highly coordinated attempts to discredit me, and after Beet flips scum there’s a very real chance Monathin will be chain lynched.

Seriously, read that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anpu
Jun 26, 2018

I have opened your two eyes. I have opened your mouth with the instruments of Anpu...

Dancer posted:

Because for what it's worth, I do think I see breadcrumbs in Anpu's posting (not necessarily cop). This is when I first saw it as a possibility:

"see clearly" suggests an observation thing

That being said, this could also very well be a ploy to both protect from getting lynched, and attract healing...

Here’s some wisdom for you: do not fish for my role. It is not to Town’s benefit.

Dancer
May 23, 2011

Anpu posted:

Here’s some wisdom for you: do not fish for my role. It is not to Town’s benefit.

Funny how you say that and I wasn't fishing for your role. I wasn't doing any work to uncover more information about your role than has been already uncovered by everyone talking about it.

At this point, honestly, my gut says you're a Godfather. You're acting in a very conspicuous fashion, while implying a power role so you don't get lynched, that to me looks like attracting cop attention.

##vote Anpu

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before

Beetphyxious posted:

Like this is the bad reasoning some of you are supporting:

Seriously, read that.

nobody supported that.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

b-minus1 posted:

I completely disagree. If I had a result that convinced me that I nailed a scum, I would absolutely use it to frustrate that player and try to bait them into making a scumslip.

You've based this off a complete narrative you've built yourself. You think anpu has a result and you think that's why they've angled on me. Okay, just as long as you're happy ignoring you're skips in logic away from what is the more likely explanation of anpu just coming out hard on me to save their own skin.

flerp posted:

except anpu isnt doing this

But it's hard to admit when one is wrong, huh.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

Dancer posted:

Funny how you say that and I wasn't fishing for your role. I wasn't doing any work to uncover more information about your role than has been already uncovered by everyone talking about it.

At this point, honestly, my gut says you're a Godfather. You're acting in a very conspicuous fashion, while implying a power role so you don't get lynched, that to me looks like attracting cop attention.

##vote Anpu

I was getting ready to call you out for fishing/speculating, but anpu beat me to it.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Dancer posted:

Because for what it's worth, I do think I see breadcrumbs in Anpu's posting (not necessarily cop). This is when I first saw it as a possibility:

"see clearly" suggests an observation thing

That being said, this could also very well be a ploy to both protect from getting lynched, and attract healing...

I see one too that makes sense to me based on what we’ve seen. It was a reply to you because I’ve seen a general assumption form a few posters that they think he has an investigation result and saw an implication in your post about that.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

b-minus1 posted:

nobody supported that.

Why not? It's an actual new case, even though it's a bad one, compared to his other one which is just carried over from someone else's day 1 meta case.

Dancer
May 23, 2011

b-minus1 posted:

I was getting ready to call you out for fishing/speculating, but anpu beat me to it.

What you're calling "speculation" could also very well be called "reading".

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Anpu posted:

Convenient that you won't back up your assertions, and here's why: There is no result on me that you're targeting me for. You have no argument except the weak one I've already laid out.

I'm sure you're happy to let others build that narrative for you though.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

b-minus1 posted:

nobody else vote beet please. i think he deserves a chance to post.

How much time till deadline? I'm about to get in the car and drive to work.

Dancer
May 23, 2011
5 hours.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Ah sweet mate

Slamburger
Jun 27, 2008

Dancer posted:

And it's extremely tempting to agree with the case Slam just made re: Anpu breadcrumbing.

That being said, imagine Anpu is faking that. Today we lynch beet, he turns out town. Tomorrow we're like "hey Anpu why you imply he was scum?" and Anpu's like "no I would never, you guys saw something that wasn't there".

Actually, this is a very good question for Slam, and potentially others who are voting beet for the same reason. Imagine beet flips town, and you look back at Anpu's "crumbs". What do you think now?

Well it would play out like this (which is pretty standard in this situation): If beet flips town, then Anpu has to fullclaim tomorrow. If its garbage then he gets lynched. If its something that could be plausible that he was telling the truth and got messed with someone, then maybe we'll leave him alive and see if the scum want to deal with him or not, and kick it down the road for another day and see if we have a clearer picture later. Regardless he'll be under scrutiny and will have to produce great reads or casework or nail a scum with whatever he claims his role is since he'll likely be a prime lynch target for the rest of the game.

But I'll straight up ask Anpu now since we're beyond the phase of "subtle result breadcrumb":

Anpu: Without claiming anything about your role: is your vote on Beet the result of mechanics or a read?

I see no benefit to being coy about the source of your suspicion at this point.

Anpu
Jun 26, 2018

I have opened your two eyes. I have opened your mouth with the instruments of Anpu...
It is from a read, not a mechanic.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

Anpu posted:

lol are you serious

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
lol

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Why is this a surprise?

Anpu
Jun 26, 2018

b-minus1 posted:

lol are you serious

Very. What is the issue here?

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
because most people's case was based off of the belief that anpu had a scum result on beet rather than questioning it

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

Anpu posted:

Very. What is the issue here?

the issue is I have no loving idea what to think right now!!!

lol. :eng99:

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
Is genex still in this game?

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Anpu posted:

Monathin is angry because of a legitimate scum slip. He and Beetphyxious posted highly coordinated attempts to discredit me, and after Beet flips scum theres a very real chance Monathin will be chain lynched. I can understand the frustration, maybe they thought the case was good enough, maybe they thought I would appear suspicious enough that momentum would build naturally.

They were wrong, and now they are standing to lose two scum in one stroke. Monathin is now attempting to channel that annoyance into an outraged town persona, but due to not actually being annoyed about what they are claiming they are annoyed about, it is unnaturally bolstered and misdirected, following no actual sense.

As a direct comparison, I would say there is a real chance that Flerp is actually a frustrated town player. I am very sorry for my comments yesterday Flerp, mafia should never involve personal attacks.

am I allowed to point out how bad this post is in the hindsight of "i don't actually know if beet is scum and I'm setting up a chain lynch because clearly this specific person who doesn't agree with me is fake mad" yet

Anpu
Jun 26, 2018

b-minus1 posted:

GeneX was killed day one.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

b-minus1 posted:

gene was our d1 dunk, binus.

Slamburger
Jun 27, 2008

Anpu posted:

Picture me refreshing the page to see this as a slide whistle blows in the background.

Anpu
Jun 26, 2018

Monathin posted:

am I allowed to point out how bad this post is in the hindsight of "i don't actually know if beet is scum and I'm setting up a chain lynch because clearly this specific person who doesn't agree with me is fake mad" yet

You can but it won’t save you after everyone sees Beetphyxious’s alignment.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
jfc i think it's my turn to step away for a bit

flerp
Feb 25, 2014

Monathin posted:

it was already bad before too lol

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby

IcePhoenix posted:

Thoughts:

If I had to choose between beet or Anpu I'd probably vote beet, but that's more from my MMT read than anything.

I think that Anpu is town. 3P with a strange win condition could also possibly be an option I suppose.

I believe Max enough to lean town on him for now. I also hate bus drivers though.

I bet Sober got jailed.

i like this post except for the jailer bit. we killed our jailer, sorry gene

EccoRaven posted:

Night 0: Tao Jones, Julia Parmenos, Boss (mafia-aligned sane cop), removed.
Day 1: GeneX, Natasza "Fatalny," Smuggler (mafia-aligned jailor), executed.
Night 1: AnomalousAmalgam, Sofia, Informant (mafia-aligned weak watcher), removed.

i wonder why sober isn't here

Anpu
Jun 26, 2018

Perhaps I should have lied and said a mechanic for now, but I believe in honesty, clarity and truth.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Sober is almost 100% janitor killed, I'd bet significant amounts of money on it

Anpu posted:

You can but it wont save you after everyone sees Beetphyxiouss alignment.

I have basically nothing to lose and everything to gain by showing people how much you're huffing farts so

##unvote

##vote Monathin

put your money where your mouth is fucker

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby

Monathin posted:

I don't like the Beet vote. If people don't want to vote Anpu I think we should vote B-, his content has been lacking even for a B- game and what little casing he has actually has been doing has been shoddy. In addition to that I'm willing to buy Flerp's own callout which I think is somethine people should look at again.

i trust the bman, you seem pretty certain of beet mona

flerp
Feb 25, 2014

Anpu posted:

Perhaps I should have lied and said a mechanic for now, but I believe in honesty, clarity and truth.

why would this EVER be a good thing to do

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Why are you voting yourself.

flerp
Feb 25, 2014

Max posted:

also this

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Atomic Soda posted:

i trust the bman, you seem pretty certain of beet mona

I mean it's less that I'm certain of BEet and more that Anpu's case was really loving bad, I think not as bad about b- since he got fooled by anpu

Slamburger
Jun 27, 2008

Anpu posted:

You can but it won’t save you after everyone sees Beetphyxious’s alignment.

I'm probably not voting for beet now bud and I don't think many other people will either at this point. Do you want to at least summarize your case against Beet again if you want to convince people? I'm going to revisit my earlier reads and try and figure out whose at the top of my list since its deadline day and I had settled on a beet lynch and mentally let other people off the hook but thats changed now. I don't think you're at the top since this really feels like bumbling town play but I dunno.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Max posted:

If Anpu thinks I'm scum he should vote me.

• Locked thread