Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«44 »
  • Locked thread
Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

Atomic Soda posted:

ew monathin what happened?

Seconded

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

I'm going to make a hard promise: the game will begin Monday evening at the latest or else I'll Mulligan it.

good luck to me

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

Is this...bird costume...really necessary?

Atomic Soda posted:

ew monathin what happened?

its the noise i hear when reading ur posts :p

sgdq thread

give it a month

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

I might actually change it back sooner than that just because even if I like this av my other one fits my playstyle more and was an art gift from a friend.

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

Tick tock

my vacation is almost over

Atomic Soda
Jun 8, 2005

drink this baby

Moatillata posted:

Tick tock

my vacation is almost over

mine also. sad.

Monathin posted:

I might actually change it back sooner than that just because even if I like this av my other one fits my playstyle more and was an art gift from a friend.

good luck ecco!

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

Hooray! Everyone should have their role PMs; check your inboxes and emails. Thank you for being patient with me!

Instead of saying some variation of "confirm" type the following sentence (capitalizing the first letter of each word):

I understand that if I do not unvote the mod will not count a revote unless I am a doublevoter.

For reference, all the role PMs look something like this:

The Vanilla PM posted:

Varinn - Valerie - Lowlife (mafia-aligned vanilla)
Sin is fun. That's ultimately the problem with life. It's one thing to know that perhaps losing all your money at a card game is bad, but it's just such fun that you cannot help yourself. Your vice is gambling, and you like to think you're pretty good at it, too. Well, not so good, but, well, sometimes you win a bit more than you lose, and that's what makes your night.
Today you are trying your luck at a high stakes ring on the edge of town. You've been privy to this gambling ring for years through your contacts, and it's always loads of fun, but this time there's a big problem. The Gendarmes for Morality and Vice are ready to bust it up! Now you need to roll the dice, draw the cards, and cross your fingers that you can get out of this mess in one piece.

You are a townie! You seek to gamble with the rest of your mob bretheren, and as such win when all scum players have been removed from the game. You have the normal powers of posting and voting in the thread.
You have no other outstanding powers or abilities.
You are vanilla and you are mafia-aligned.

Character names are generated randomly using various easy-to-find internet programs, as well as random Wikipedia articles and my own creativity.

Flips will look like this:

Player Name, Character Name, Flavor Title (alignment-aligned role), died in a flavor-specific way.

Example:

Varinn, Valerie, Lowlife (mafia-aligned vanilla), was stabbed to death night 0.

The game should be beginning shortly!

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

Oh no! The mafia gambling ring has been secretly infiltrated by the coppers! Time to roll up your sleeves and turn these pigs into bacon.

Tao Jones, Julia Parmenos, Boss (mafia-aligned sane cop), has been magickally frozen in time night 0.

It is now Day 1 .
With 15 alive it takes 8 to execute.
Day 1 deadline: Thursday, July 12th, ~11PM EDT / 8 PM PDT / (Friday) ~1PM AEST.

Good luck!

EccoRaven fucked around with this message at Jul 9, 2018 around 17:30

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

y0 what up

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Confirming I am . . . town?

flerp
Feb 25, 2014

hello i am mafia

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

Very gently and very kindly I remind everyone to think about the flavor of the game. Thank you for your time, gosh blesh.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Oh I should do this

I Understand That If I Do Not Unvote The Mod Will Not Count A Revote Unless I Am A Doublevoter.

GeneX
Sep 29, 2014

Pathetic.
Awful Games Done Quick 2018 Survivor

Ecco Vote Clause Goes Here

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Hmmmmmmmmm of everyone here I don't know who Anpu is so they get my first dumb joke vote

##vote Anpu

I hope you are sufficiently appreciative of me giving you this honor.

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

Eyyyy

I'm mafia-ing here

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

GeneX posted:

Ecco Vote Clause Goes Here

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

flerp posted:

hello i am mafia

SCUMSLIP!!!1
##vote flerp

Shortest d1 in mafia history see everyone tomorrow

flerp
Feb 25, 2014

I Understand That If I Do Not Unvote The Mod Will Not Count A Revote Unless I Am A Doublevoter.

IllegallySober
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

Need to finish this work day so I can go gamble.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

you're a flower. you're also a rainbow and a river. you are the manifestation of all perfection and i want to i don't fucking know, but you are fucking perfect

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

you're a flower. you're also a rainbow and a river. you are the manifestation of all perfection and i want to i don't fucking know, but you are fucking perfect

also #vote moat for betraying the Best Assassin Bros last time

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

IcePhoenix posted:

also #vote moat for betraying the Best Assassin Bros last time

I collect friends and admirers wherever I go

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

In time, you will know the tragic extent of my failings...

Doctor Rope

Thick plumes of Mary's weedsmoke billowed out from Sofia's nostrils and mouth as she scratched behind Polina's ears.

Polina nuzzled Sofia's palm appreciatively before trotting over to the window.

"What is it girl?" Sofia asked. A dank, nebulaic trail provided passage to the window alongside the small cat.

The god-damned Gendarmes of Mookery and Vendettas were at it again... roughing up someone who probably did deserve a roughing up, but not for the reasons they were currently being roughed up for. Couldn't see too well in the haze of smoke, but it didn't matter, someone was out there getting hosed over.

Rosettia was changing and there wasn't much she or anyone else could do about it, but she had to try, right?

Sofia let out a sigh before taking another drag off her blunt, melting into a pile of throws that were conveniently nearby. Tomorrow perhaps...

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

Moatillata posted:

I collect friends and admirers wherever I go

And keep them in my basement

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

Doctor Rope

*vote statement*

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

Doctor Rope

EccoRaven posted:

I'm going to make a hard promise: the game will begin Monday evening at the latest or else I'll Mulligan it.

good luck to me

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.

also I love the flavor of this game so so much

b-minus1 posted:

SCUMSLIP!!!1
##vote flerp

Shortest d1 in mafia history see everyone tomorrow

I feel like I case you every game we play so I might as well just save myself the trouble ##vote b-

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

So many people claiming mafia aligned means were probably close to mylo. Eceeyone should fullclaim flavor and all actions IMHO

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

@MMT

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

Hey b minus

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

Moatillata posted:

Hey b minus

Hi how are you

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

b-minus1 posted:

Hi how are you

##vote b minus

Lol

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

Moatillata posted:

##vote b minus

Lol

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

Aw poo poo boys, the GMV's here. We better play it cool.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

*Drinks all the potions before they come inside*

Act Cool.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

Doctor Rope

Max posted:

*Drinks all the potions before they come inside*

Act Cool.

Where will you be when the curiously dingy tonics hit?

Max
Nov 30, 2002

I̱͝'̹̝̜͇̩̤̕l̶͇̯̲͔l̴̩̘̜ ̰͖͇̙͇͇b̻̙̜̯e҉̖̦̝̥ͅ ̡̘̳͍͚r̞͘i͏̻̗͍̣͈̪̗g̳͔̦̞̟̟̙͘h̙͔̬̮̞̻̕t̫̩̦̰̻͖ ̪͙͎̪̘͜h̭͙͙͟e͙͈̬̠͍̕r̞̼͙e̢̱

Anpu
Jun 26, 2018

I have opened your two eyes. I have opened your mouth with the instruments of Anpu...

I Understand That If I Do Not Unvote The Mod Will Not Count A Revote Unless I Am A Doublevoter!

I am loving this flavour already, what a wonderous world!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

Ah right.

I Understand That If I Do Not Unvote The Mod Will Not count A Revote Unless I Am A Doublevoter

• Locked thread
«44 »