Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before

Anpu posted:

I don’t know Max well at all, can I get a show of hands of people here who think he’s likely town?

Again, this is important, and no, this isn’t me saying he’s scum.

I think he’s town.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
I'm at work and can't do this easily but I can confirm murmur has asked to be replaced.

The first non-player to PM her to get her role has my permission to post in this thread as if I had authorized it.

Slamburger
Jun 27, 2008

IllegallySober posted:

I'd like to hear your thoughts on what I've posted above. Right now, though, I think the better vote is Anpu because of that weird "I'm town" post as well as his mysterious reveal one.

I disagree obviously on the minigame analysis and the analogues drawn to it, and as for the rest of the content in your post, I do agree with things like the callout of AA, but I'm not clear where you stand on some of the other players you reference. For example, on AS you reference her twice, first to disagree with her and then later to defend her style of posting as typical / null read to rebuff Anpu but I would expect some sort of alignment call here beyond null. Also what's your position on bminus? Do you think its scummy that he's making so many town calls at this phase of the game or are you just asking him because you want him to convince you?

I will ##unvote since it was mostly a pressure vote but I'd like to see more in the way of reads on the people you are referencing instead of just agree/disagree with specific posts.

Slamburger
Jun 27, 2008

Anpu posted:

I don’t know Max well at all, can I get a show of hands of people here who think he’s likely town?

I lean town on Max.

Anpu
Jun 26, 2018

I have opened your two eyes. I have opened your mouth with the instruments of Anpu...

b-minus1 posted:

I think he’s town.

Slamburger posted:

I lean town on Max.

Thanks.

Also I’m around if anyone wants to ask me anything.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

Slamburger posted:

I disagree obviously on the minigame analysis and the analogues drawn to it, and as for the rest of the content in your post, I do agree with things like the callout of AA, but I'm not clear where you stand on some of the other players you reference. For example, on AS you reference her twice, first to disagree with her and then later to defend her style of posting as typical / null read to rebuff Anpu but I would expect some sort of alignment call here beyond null. Also what's your position on bminus? Do you think its scummy that he's making so many town calls at this phase of the game or are you just asking him because you want him to convince you?

I will ##unvote since it was mostly a pressure vote but I'd like to see more in the way of reads on the people you are referencing instead of just agree/disagree with specific posts.

Eh, I said I didn't agree with the conclusion that AS drew and asked her to explain her vote further. I wasn't making an alignment call at that point because I wanted to hear more from her. Given that she's on a fight or whatever now though that's going to have to wait. If forced to call her one way or the other I would slightly lean town as there's nothing glaring otherwise that jumps to mind, but it's D1 and I feel that way about a lot of people.

Re: B-, his post simply was a bunch of staccato town calls and while there was discussion going on between the players mentioned at the time, I was interested in more of his thoughts about why all those players came across as towny. I don't think it's inherently scummy that he's willing to make all those town calls, as long as he can explain the rationale behind it. Alignment-wise on B-, I'm adjusting to this game a little on him given that the two of us spent most of our last game together at each other's throats, but similarly to AS I would slightly lean town.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

IllegallySober posted:

Eh, I said I didn't agree with the conclusion that AS drew and asked her to explain her vote further. I wasn't making an alignment call at that point because I wanted to hear more from her. Given that she's on a flight or whatever now though that's going to have to wait. If forced to call her one way or the other I would slightly lean town as there's nothing glaring otherwise that jumps to mind, but it's D1 and I feel that way about a lot of people.

Re: B-, his post simply was a bunch of staccato town calls and while there was discussion going on between the players mentioned at the time, I was interested in more of his thoughts about why all those players came across as towny. I don't think it's inherently scummy that he's willing to make all those town calls, as long as he can explain the rationale behind it. Alignment-wise on B-, I'm adjusting to this game a little on him given that the two of us spent most of our last game together at each other's throats, but similarly to AS I would slightly lean town.

Mafia edit: flight, not fight in regards to AS

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
Fellow goons I find myself at a crossroads wherein it would be p lovely to vote out mmts replacement but also very funny

On an unrelated note: I think anpu is not bullshiting but he is doing it very poorly imo

I am also fine with dancer or some other lurker

I'll be around more at deadline

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby

IcePhoenix posted:

You quoted Anpu there so I'mma need you to be more specific if you get a chance to after sorting out your travel stuff.

it was why you asked this question

IcePhoenix posted:

Why are you using a rat in scorpion fights?

probably not important, but i wouldn't mind to know

b-minus1 posted:

Scum are scared to post lmfao

beginning to think this

feeling a little suss of anpu still, mmt also. would also vote dancer and genex, maybe sober. max, aa i think are likely town

pretty suss of slam still, but am going to do a quick skim now before i hop on my connecting flight in 20 mins and can switch in that time. if there is anything you'd like me to urgently respond to it would be great if you could repost it, sorry to be a pain.

Dancer
May 23, 2011
I've had a busy few days, and I am a player who absolutely hates to post without up to date on everything being posted, and the amount of noise generated off of a silly game, followed by a slapfight, has been a bit too much. But now is deadline time, so I will post what I can, with the full admission that I haven't read everything (I particularly avoided conversation of slam's game. I find it quite odd that he's claiming he was using it as a scum-hunting tool; it baffles me that someone might think it might be useful as such).

The person who jumps at me the most, due to unjustified confidence, is B-

b-minus1 posted:

MMT and flerp mia

Max town. Apnu town. Slam burger town. That’s my story and I’m sticking to it

b-minus1 posted:

Apnu bad vote. I will die on this hill. This is the result of town slap fighting.

I happen to agree that Anpu and Max read slightly towny to me (Slam not so much), but what this looks like to me is scum bee seeing Anpu and Slam, and maybe also Max to a lesser extent, having heat on them and setting himself up to be like "see I told you they were town yesterday why didn't you listen" if either of them gets lynched.

b-minus1 posted:

Omg These dancer posts... :stare:

Dude you better contribute something instead of stockpiling excuses to cal bsck on when someone calls you scum at some point in the game. Which I sort of am inclined to do now haha
You're allowed to call me out on lurking but rofl if you claim those things are excuses. Maybe it's my lack of skills as a writer, but it eludes me how I could possibly make it more obvious that I was being sarcastic, which fits given that this was like a full day before joke-phase ended.

Here, to make it clear: I solemnly swear that I will not at any point in this game quote, or otherwise reference, those posts wherein I made "excuses" (excepting of course for instances like this one where they are explicitly addressed by someone else).

Dancer
May 23, 2011
Re: what I said about finding Slam's game odd, here is a reasonably wise man saying reasonably wise things, without being crazy verbose about it to make me avoid reading:

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

I think Slamburger's game, fun as it is, muddles the thread in a way that buys them town credibility without doing anything town oriented and I would comfortably rest a vote there given that there's been nothing else d1, but roleplaying and mini games.

Dancer
May 23, 2011
I was about to make a post where I was saying "for the record, I read AA as town [...]", after just reading the thread in sequence... but in hindsight, reading only AA posts, he seems a bit too eager to hop his vote around to whatever seems the best opportunity to lynch someone (presumably a townie) without being held responsible. He pushes slightly on Slam, then changes his mind when it doesn't seem to work. He pushes on Anpu, then backs off again. Then he jumped on MMT when that was in vogue. I'd be willing to vote AA (but I know it's not happening).

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby

IllegallySober posted:

I don't agree with the conclusion AS is drawing here. I didn't get that feeling at all from his post. AS, why did you decide his answer at that point wasn't bad enough to vote, but now it is? What changed?

i haven't voted for anpu. not voting him at that stage doesn't mean i wouldn't be willing at all, but he's hinted at things that also mean i'd be ok to leave it for today.

quote:

FWIW this is the play style I'm used to seeing from AS and I don't think it's really a tell in either direction to this point.

##vote Anpu

:c00lbutt:

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
Yeah I may have gone a little too far dancer haha, I actually think genex is the scummier one of you two.

Sober. My staccato posts are because im on a phone and quoting posts is a nightmare

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby

Anpu posted:

This must be that “infinitum posting” they mentioned last game.

shots fired!

you obv haven't played with inf, anpu

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby

IcePhoenix posted:

I'm at work so I'm not gonna type a bunch but my top two choices would be an MMT or TNL vote today. I'll type more when I get home on why.

For now my vote stays where it is.

this didn't appear to happen (the more typing). noted

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby
ok i'm feeling better about slam

##unvote

boarding so making a quick decision between dancer and genex, since mmt has replaced out

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby
##vote genex

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

Atomic Soda posted:

ok i'm feeling better about slam

##unvote

boarding so making a quick decision between dancer and genex, since mmt has replaced out

At this point we might as well just lynch mmt IMO.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
Oh

Max
Nov 30, 2002

I’m watching big brother rn, be back after.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Max posted:

Who do you want dunked?

I was feeling Murmur Twin but it seems she is being replaced.

I also find GeneX suspicious for scorpion participation but not much else.

I have an omgusy gut suspicion about IcePhoenix, not all that strong of one though.

##unvote
##vote GeneX

Dancer
May 23, 2011
I am very torn right now between the impulse to vote someone I think is suspect (AA) or a lurker. Who I'd like to vote for is whatever lurker most people have commented on... but that's MMT and I really don't want to vote someone who's about to be replaced.

I think next most is... IcePhoenix? I'd have to re-read the whole thread to get a more accurate idea.

Dancer
May 23, 2011
For the record, I'm still around and will continue to be around, just slowly re-reading some things.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

##unvote

Anpu
Jun 26, 2018

I have opened your two eyes. I have opened your mouth with the instruments of Anpu...
Liking Dancer more.

Would vote AA.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Atomic Soda posted:

it was why you asked this question

probably not important, but i wouldn't mind to know

because I wanted to know why you used a rat in a scorpion fighting ring

Atomic Soda posted:

this didn't appear to happen (the more typing). noted

turn on your monitor

Anpu
Jun 26, 2018

Wait is deadline only an hour away?

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

##unvote

Max
Nov 30, 2002

##vote genex

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
Let's do this gents

:c: The Current Day 1 Votecount :c:

Murmur Twin (3): GeneX, -GeneX, Max, Moatillata, -Max, Anomalous Amalgam, Max, IcePhoenix, -Max
GeneX (2): The Ninth Layer, IcePhoenix, -The Ninth Layer, -IcePhoenix, Atomic Soda, The Ninth Layer
Moatillata (1): flerp, IcePhoenix, -IcePhoenix, -flerp, Murmur Twin
b-minus1 (1): Murmur Twin, Moatillata, -Moatillata, flerp, IcePhoenix, -IcePhoenix, -Murmur Twin
IllegallySober (1): GeneX, Slamburger, -Slamburger
Anpu (1): Max, -Max, Anomalous Amalgam, -Anomalous Amalgam, Max, Anomalous Amalgam, IllegallySober, Monathin, -Anomalous Amalgam, -Max, -Monathin
Dancer (1): Dancer, GeneX, -GeneX
IcePhoenix (1): Moatillata, Anomalous Amalgam, -Anomalous Amalgam, Anomalous Amalgam, b-minus1, -Anomalous Amalgam, The Ninth Layer, -Moatillata, -The Ninth Layer
Atomic Soda (1): GeneX, Slamburger, -GeneX, Anpu, -Slamburger
flerp (0): b-minus1, Slamburger, Anomalous Amalgam, -Anomalous Amalgam, -b-minus1, -Slamburger
The Ninth Layer (0): GeneX, IllegallySober, -GeneX, Anomalous Amalgam, -Anomalous Amalgam, Anomalous Amalgam, -Anomalous Amalgam, -IllegallySober, IcePhoenix, -IcePhoenix
Anomalous Amalgam (0): IcePhoenix, -IcePhoenix, Anpu, -Anpu
Monathin (0): Moatillata, Dancer, -Dancer, -Moatillata
Max (0): Monathin, -Monathin
Slamburger (0): Anomalous Amalgam, -Anomalous Amalgam, Max, IcePhoenix, Atomic Soda, -IcePhoenix, -Max, Anomalous Amalgam, -Anomalous Amalgam, -Atomic Soda

Not Voting (3): Max, Monathin, Slamburger

:h: With 15 players alive, it takes 8 votes to be executed.
:d: The current deadline is July 12th, 2018 at 11 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 55 minutes from this post.

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

Max posted:

##vote genex

What's the gene case? Just lurking?

Max
Nov 30, 2002

P much. I’ve ... reluctantly turned around on Anpu, and MMT isn’t really feasible since that’s a replacement.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

Moatillata posted:

What's the gene case? Just lurking?

In reviewing his post history I see a whole lot of flavor posting while he was playing Slam's game and very little else.

GeneX posted:

I'm good at lying.

I'm bad at putting in effort and finding scum.

Joke post appears to be coming true.

##unvote

##vote GeneX

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

Max posted:

I’m watching big brother rn, be back after.

This is seriously a thing you do??? I'm shocked

Also dancer why the hell are you still voting yourself?

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

Max posted:

P much. I’ve ... reluctantly turned around on Anpu, and MMT isn’t really feasible since that’s a replacement.

Why should that matter

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Those were the only strong options for me and they have dissolved?

Anpu
Jun 26, 2018

##unvote

##vote GeneX

Max you’ve given me a lot to reflect upon, I’m looking forward to doing better tomorrow.

Dancer
May 23, 2011

Moatillata posted:

This is seriously a thing you do??? I'm shocked

Also dancer why the hell are you still voting yourself?

Because why not? What could it possibly matter?

##unvote

##vote GX

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Max
Nov 30, 2002

You did fine I think I just had to acclimate to the way you write.

• Locked thread