Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Max
Nov 30, 2002

Beetphyxious posted:

Scum won because the town bus driver thought they knew better.

That’s fine. I bus drove myself and town to victory in another game.

This is now a pointless argument.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Max
Nov 30, 2002

I respect your opinion on this but my mind won’t be changed so we’re at an impasse

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Max posted:

I put that in a game I modded once and it was a nightmare, and I was really happy when the town bus driver died early.

Oh so we do think alike it seems.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Or you’re scum and don’t want me to use it.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Beetphyxious posted:

Oh so we do think alike it seems.

From a modi perspective, don’t be pedantic. I’d have been just as happy if the scum bus driver died.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Moding

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Max posted:

That’s fine. I bus drove myself and town to victory in another game.

This is now a pointless argument.

Yeah I said this a couple of posts back but no-one else is taking.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Did you have a chance to read day 1?

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Most of it, joke phase is painfull when you're not part of it.

I'll come back with some proper reads a bit later today as I have some poo poo to do today. (I'm in Australia so it's only 9am)

Anpu
Jun 26, 2018

I have opened your two eyes. I have opened your mouth with the instruments of Anpu...
Beetphyxious is very disruptive in his approach and between that and Max’s assessment of MMT’s behaviour yesterday I think they are worthy of scrutiny.

I do not Trust Beetphyxious.

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
what do you mean by disruptive?

Anpu
Jun 26, 2018

I have opened your two eyes. I have opened your mouth with the instruments of Anpu...
It is my belief that the tenets of ma’at adhere to how town versus scum behave. I see a clear distinction between confrontation in order to create order and seek clarity (Max yesterday) and confrontation in order to sow chaos (Beetphyxious today).

This is the process I used to identify Khris Kruel as scum in the last game. There is no quantifiable reason for a town player to want to cause confusion or uncertainty, they should strive for balance and clarity.

I do not believe that is what Beetphyxious is doing here. His heart weighs heavily on the scales.

flerp
Feb 25, 2014

Anpu posted:

It is my belief that the tenets of ma’at adhere to how town versus scum behave. I see a clear distinction between confrontation in order to create order and seek clarity (Max yesterday) and confrontation in order to sow chaos (Beetphyxious today).

This is the process I used to identify Khris Kruel as scum in the last game. There is no quantifiable reason for a town player to want to cause confusion or uncertainty, they should strive for balance and clarity.

I do not believe that is what Beetphyxious is doing here. His heart weighs heavily on the scales.

how do you see someone who has said that they will continue to use their busdriver as somebody who wants to "create order?"

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
busdriver's literal purpose is to create chaos

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
but i also dont understand what the chaos is being made here. the posts, to me, seem to be beet and max disagreeing on the usage of bus driver, and neither of them seem particularly bent on creating chaos or order thru their posts. theyre just talking about things, like you do, in a game of mafia

Anpu
Jun 26, 2018

flerp posted:

how do you see someone who has said that they will continue to use their busdriver as somebody who wants to "create order?"

Max straight away explained what he did the night before. This is more information for the night actions. We, as town, now have a clearer picture. We can see more.

flerp posted:

but i also dont understand what the chaos is being made here. the posts, to me, seem to be beet and max disagreeing on the usage of bus driver, and neither of them seem particularly bent on creating chaos or order thru their posts. theyre just talking about things, like you do, in a game of mafia

The chaos is not Beetphyxious’s claim of how they would use the bus driver role, it’s in the way he dove headlong into a meaningless and fruitless confrontation.

The fact that this confrontation was with someone who was helping town also reinforces the dubious quality of Beetphyxious’s motives.

Anpu
Jun 26, 2018

Confrontation can be a tool used by town as we’ve seen. Confrontation for the sake of confrontation is for scum.

flerp
Feb 25, 2014

Anpu posted:

Max straight away explained what he did the night before. This is more information for the night actions. We, as town, now have a clearer picture. We can see more.

The chaos is not Beetphyxious’s claim of how they would use the bus driver role, it’s in the way he dove headlong into a meaningless and fruitless confrontation.

The fact that this confrontation was with someone who was helping town also reinforces the dubious quality of Beetphyxious’s motives.

ok while it's nice that max revealed who he bus drove, it isnt blanket useful for town. for example, if a cop wanted to learn if youre town or not, they now dont have that information because you were swapped with dancer. likewise, if max dies during the night, he wont be able to reveal who targeted the following die, causing every single town member's actions that night to be in question because who knows, maybe their target got bus drove? we'll never know.

i also dont like the idea that max revealing has made us "see more." what max did is make us see what we wouldve seen if he had done nothing. he deliberately changed the information we couldve gotten, then gave that information back. and this isnt even necessarily town positive, because scum also knows that those two targets are bus drove and use that information just as much as town (albeit slightly limited), as well as also knowing that there now is a busdriver. i dont see max's actions as necessarily town friendly (esp because a scum busdriver can p easily reveal and get ez town credit for while still maintaining the ability to confuse and mess with player's actions).

i dont see how the discussion was meaningless and fruitless. i mean, it actually DID give us something, which was, max is going to use busdriver whether we want him to or not. that seems pretty fruitful, and can help inform people's opinions about him. i dont like the characterization of two people talking as meaningless or fruitless because any posts are good, esp given how light the start of the day has been. hell, this confrotation is now giving us this discussion which is even more information

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

You say meaningless and fruitless, no, I quite clearly have set out that I believe a town bus driver is actively harmful for town. This is a belief I bring to every game.

Realising I was not going to sway max's opinion on that, nor would max sway mine, I left it there.

Anpu
Jun 26, 2018

Flerp maybe there is some wisdom in what you say, but I still do not Trust Beetphyxious.

flerp
Feb 25, 2014

Anpu posted:

Flerp maybe there is some wisdom in what you say, but I still do not Trust Beetphyxious.

obv scum lie right there there's no wisdom in anything i post

Dancer
May 23, 2011
I just woke up and I'm still groggy and sleepy, and I've only read like, 5 posts of the new day, but I wanted to point out that upon reading, this:

Anpu posted:

That is indeed weird. And thank you for coming forward with that information, I think I would have suspected AA of being busdriven otherwise. Thanks to you we can see this situation more clearly.

Looks possibly "ake to me. Maybe it's my relative inexperience talking, but the way I see it bus driver is not a common role, and it feels weird to me that someone would think the most likely explanation of person X not being killed is "hey, I'm a genius at predicting what scum would want to do, I can't have predicted it wrong, ergo there's a bus driver in this game." Occam's razor would, to a normal person who isn't faking opinions, suggest that maybe you just don't know exactly what thoughts scum would have, or even if you o, that they realized what you'd think and it's a wifom thing. Going straight to bus driver feels like a rather big jump.

So, this whole thing suggests that what Anpu was doing in that quote was faking an opinion and/or buddying up to Max. I think this makes him jump towards the top of my scum reads (though, again, I've yet to read anything anyone's said after the quoted post).

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Anpu posted:

Confrontation can be a tool used by town as we’ve seen. Confrontation for the sake of confrontation is for scum.

This is a nonsense, nothing statement to throw out there. How do you differentiate between either at the time?

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Also I have no idea about their writing style, but my first gut reaction is that they're trying really hard to breadcrumb. Unless the constant capitalisation of T has another explanation I missed on my day 1 skim. :shrug:

Anyways lunch break over, be back later.

Anpu
Jun 26, 2018

There is nothing fake in what I say. I strive for order, balance and clarity in all things and only speak truths.

I am here to assist town, I am only “buddying up” to Max because he is the only player here that I am confident is town at this stage and wish to work with him.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before

Anpu posted:

There is nothing fake in what I say. I strive for order, balance and clarity in all things and only speak truths.

I am here to assist town, I am only “buddying up” to Max because he is the only player here that I am confident is town at this stage and wish to work with him.

ORLY

Anpu
Jun 26, 2018

YARLY

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before

NOWAI

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Apnu I don't know if there's an IRL reason for this, but I get the sense your posts are carefully constructed.

Anpu
Jun 26, 2018

Beetphyxious posted:

Apnu I don't know if there's an IRL reason for this, but I get the sense your posts are carefully constructed.

They are. I have many things I’m trying to do and require very precise information. The Questions are important and the Answers are important.

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

Max posted:

I’m using the role and will report on who I used it on. Eat my butt.

Gawd drat millennials with the rear end eating

Anpu posted:

Jesus Christ anpu is literally just huffing his own farts to climax at this point.

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby

Anpu posted:

They are. I have many things I’m trying to do and require very precise information. The Questions are important and the Answers are important.

are you able to give more info now?

Anpu posted:

That is indeed weird. And thank you for coming forward with that information, I think I would have suspected AA of being busdriven otherwise. Thanks to you we can see this situation more clearly.

why did you suspect aa of having been bus driven? seems specific.

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
Also lol flerp you chose to be a redirector as townie in shine 2

Beet coming in and pontificating on bus theory makes me feel no better because he had no reads on the game or it's players

I think mmt was scum and beet is her scum replacement

##vote beet

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
Mafia edit: its

flerp
Feb 25, 2014

Moatillata posted:

Beet coming in and pontificating on bus theory makes me feel no better because he had no reads on the game or it's players

##vote beet

yeah, and id do it again

town busdrive is bad for town but also fun so :shrug:

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby

Moatillata posted:

##vote beet

seems reasonable. like to see beets reads from day 1.

hey bman who do you think is scum?

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Moatillata posted:

##vote beet

Because I haven't had time to build the case yet. I'm just keeping current in between the work day. I'll get to my cases later when I'm at a computer and not phone posting.

Its funny, because i was going to accuse ampu of just trying to frame a new case on me around their yesterday's reads of mmt.

I'm glad I dont have to paint that portrait for you though as you're less circumspect about it.

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

flerp posted:

yeah, and id do it again

town busdrive is bad for town but also fun so :shrug:

C̞͚͓̼̤̮̱̋̓̑̿͡h̶͚̖͓̳̩̬̮̦͈̎͛̀͋̾̓̉͢͞a̷̛͖̟͇̜̤̯̪̬͐̌̂̂̇̀̿͘o̢̧̗͕̝̦̠̭͐͌͋̀͋̕ş̵̢̬̩͙̗̾̾͛͘͜͢͞ r̴̙̺͇͔̦̙̰̹̬̃͒̍͌̚͘ē̢̛̻̫̟̺͇͙̪̔̊͑̉͟į̜̳͕̠̪̝̫͚͇̌̄̌̎͆͐ģ̶̞̭̩͍̦͉̀̈̓̓͑̈́̓̚͘͘n̴̨̛͉̗͈̻͕͇̓̆̎̒͌͌s̵̠͎̦̱͓̣̙̈͊͒̔͑̊͘̕̕

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

Beetphyxious posted:

Because I haven't had time to build the case yet. I'm just keeping current in between the work day. I'll get to my cases later when I'm at a computer and not phone posting.

Its funny, because i was going to accuse ampu of just trying to frame a new case on me around their yesterday's reads of mmt.

I'm glad I dont have to paint that portrait for you though as you're less circumspect about it.

It's true i am uncut

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

Atomic Soda posted:

seems reasonable. like to see beets reads from day 1.

hey bman who do you think is scum?

How's Canada?

Everything you ever dreamed of?

• Locked thread