Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Aaaaa dammit, Eccogames are too much fun but I'm in too many games.

Like Twin and Gene, put me on the reserve list, I'll say something if I drop in one of my other games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Monathin posted:

Aaaaa dammit, Eccogames are too much fun but I'm in too many games.

Like Twin and Gene, put me on the reserve list, I'll say something if I drop in one of my other games.

Slamburger's game is over so let's do this! Put me in coach.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Atomic Soda posted:

ew monathin what happened?

its the noise i hear when reading ur posts :p

sgdq thread

give it a month

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

I might actually change it back sooner than that just because even if I like this av my other one fits my playstyle more and was an art gift from a friend.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Aw poo poo boys, the GMV's here. We better play it cool.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Ah right.

I Understand That If I Do Not Unvote The Mod Will Not count A Revote Unless I Am A Doublevoter

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Atomic Soda posted:

good plan im pgo deathmiller

what, again?

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Atomic Soda posted:

in my heart i'll forever be a pgo deathmiller :sun:

:thunk:

checks out

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Anpu posted:

Who should I trust and why; let he who would be judged step forward, let them weigh their heart and I will see the truth in them.

you can trust me because i'm very bad at mafia and openly so

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Atomic Soda posted:

i don't agree with mona but which game are you talking about moat?

I was a 3p in Heat Mafia where RF scumslipped and then Hal and binus hosed up covering for them, it kinda owned

I'm not good at Mafia tho.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

The Ninth Layer posted:

Smoking a cigar, I casually recline back in my seat. Coppers shaking up a game is nothing new, everyone needs their take after all. Granted they don't usually make a scene at the bosses' game, but as far as I'm concerned the only change in this game is that the stakes have been raised.

"Raise," I say as if nothing has happened, nudging forth a tower of chips, eyes never leaving the eyes of the other players, taking everything in. They say it's a skill possessed only by assassins and gamblers. I've never killed, on purpose anyway, but today wouldn't be the first time I've bet on my life.

"Still at it, huh?" He shakes his head, rapping his knuckles on the nearest surface as if hoping it's superstitiously ward off the trouble we were in. "That's just like you, cool as can be, still wagering as if we aren't in the midst of a shakedown. Guess I can't blame you, though."

Anpu posted:

What do you think are your greatest weaknesses playing mafia?

What would you say are your strengths as a player?

"I ain't good a good grip at holding onto my suspicions. If I had to be honest." A drink was nearby, one which he took a gracious sip from. "Either I bite in too hard when I should shake off, or I shake off to easy when the alarm bells should be ringing."

"That being said." He stops. "I consider myself good at putting together pieces and unravelling the initial moment. I've caught people lying to me enough times before, I just need the wherewithawl to know whether that lie's important."

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

A scorpion fight, is it? Well, let's see Max put up his best creature. I got this beaut right here named Gerrard.

##vote Max

C'mon, Max. Don't be a buzzkill. Live a little.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Oh, let's put... twenty and five on Gerrard. Why not.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Max posted:

Drugs are my vice, not gambling

Hm.

##unvote

Alright.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

I notice that the games have taken a backseat to the discussions, and nod along - I think Max has a point that Murmur would be all over our games of chance, but on the other hand... the back and forth between Soda and Slamburger has been interesting.

Slamburger posted:

Anpu and AS casing

I don't think I agree with you about our friend Soda. Soda isn't engaging in the same way but is engaging in a way that hints at scumsearching.

Anpu I think had a much worse reaction, one that came shortly before your own claims:

Anpu posted:

Ive been mafia-ing the whole time.

How long irl has this game been going? This seems very, very meta and I dont like it.

You come out swinging about how people arent playing seriously enough on day one.

You then use the most meta argument imaginable to frame a vote.

You then couch it by saying I just would feel better if MMT participated more, so its not necessarily a scum read if youre called on it.

You sound more like someone interested in looking like theyre participating than someone who is involved in the game.

I do not trust Max.

My friends, I'm never a fan of a case that calls into question how one should act early on - I trust everyone's heard my spiel on this by now, yes? Anpu here seems to be feigning outrage over the casing on Murmur. I don't really get where they get the idea Max is trying to "look like they're participating", do you? Especially after they declined the games for their own tonic of choice.

I think Anpu is trying to generate heat on Max in a way that isn't justifiable.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Murmur Twin posted:

This post gives the impression of content but doesn't really say anything.

Mona - who's your strongest scum read at the moment?

Quick top three:

1: Anpu - their thing about framing Max's case on you in bad faith doesn't sit right with me at all and I think the fact that it didn't get any traction is part and parcel of why Anpu dropped it.

2: IcePhoenix - Unlike other people who haven't shown up (IS, Moat to some degree), IcePhoenix has been around but has made little contributions outside of engaging in the game itself and hasn't made any real reads, or any content that reads like a cursory attempt to find scum.

3: GeneX - Meta read, but Gene's usually more speculative as town. The idea of them dropping a Lurker vote D1 doesn't sit right with me at all.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

I'd still rather dunk Anpu, I feel like that lumpen of middling reads is significantly more suspicious than a lurker who hasn't made their reads yet.

I nod my head solemnly. 'AA' and I don't always get along - hells, more often than not we're at each other's throats - but I find them talking sense here, strangely enough.

"I think Anpu's list is real wishy-washy - how do I seem muddled? What posts identify some of their other reads? Feels like it was one without a lot of commitment build up behind it. A lot of them reads are hedged at best, too, I feel like."

I look about at the others - Sober's finally speakin up, which is nice.

"At any rate, I'm not about to turn on someone who's been speaking up right off the bat. Think that way's a bad route. If scum were gonna ingratiate themselves, Day 1 is the easiest day to do it."

I motion for someone to put a tally mark next to Anpu's name.

##vote Anpu

"We better start figuring out who to turn on, though, and soon."

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

:c: The Current Day 1 Votecount :c:

Anpu (4): Max, -Max, Anomalous Amalgam, -Anomalous Amalgam, Max, Anomalous Amalgam, IllegallySober, Monathin
IllegallySober (2): GeneX, Slamburger
IcePhoenix (2): Moatillata, Anomalous Amalgam, -Anomalous Amalgam, Anomalous Amalgam, b-minus1, -Anomalous Amalgam, The Ninth Layer, -Moatillata
Moatillata (1): flerp, IcePhoenix, -IcePhoenix, -flerp, Murmur Twin
b-minus1 (1): Murmur Twin, Moatillata, -Moatillata, flerp, IcePhoenix, -IcePhoenix, -Murmur Twin
The Ninth Layer (1): GeneX, IllegallySober, -GeneX, Anomalous Amalgam, -Anomalous Amalgam, Anomalous Amalgam, -Anomalous Amalgam, -IllegallySober, IcePhoenix
Dancer (1): Dancer, GeneX, -GeneX
Slamburger (1): Anomalous Amalgam, -Anomalous Amalgam, Max, IcePhoenix, Atomic Soda, -IcePhoenix, -Max, Anomalous Amalgam, -Anomalous Amalgam
Atomic Soda (1): GeneX, Slamburger, -GeneX, Anpu, -Slamburger
Murmur Twin (1): GeneX, -GeneX, Max, Moatillata, -Max
flerp (0): b-minus1, Slamburger, Anomalous Amalgam, -Anomalous Amalgam, -b-minus1, -Slamburger
Anomalous Amalgam (0): IcePhoenix, -IcePhoenix, Anpu, -Anpu
Monathin (0): Moatillata, Dancer, -Dancer, -Moatillata
Max (0): Monathin, -Monathin
GeneX (0): The Ninth Layer, IcePhoenix, -The Ninth Layer, -IcePhoenix

Not Voting (0):

:h: With 15 players alive, it takes 8 votes to be executed.
:d: The current deadline is July 12th, 2018 at 11 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 9 hours, 14 minutes from this post.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

b-minus1 posted:

No.

Apnu bad vote. I will die on this hill. This is the result of town slap fighting.

At this point I would rather vote mmt, which imo if she flipped scum would make flerp look really bad. Feels like we are missing a handful of people. For example Where is dancer?

Maybe actually just case instead of doing the same thing you do every loving game where you're like "no [person with most votes] is town you're all bad lmfao"

I don't really want to vote MMT but having vanished again after being called out by Max does look pretty bad. Also how would it make flerp look bad when flerp was the one who called out that MMT went back to vanishing?

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Max posted:

Please stop doing this thing where you just make a statement as if it's fact. Explain your reasons.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Anpu posted:

And yet, you too leave your vote on me.

How odd.

I think it's funny that you think you're going to pressgang me to remove my vote on you just cause we haven't settled on someone new, just because you softclaimed a PR.

I'll remove it in due time, in the meanwhile why don't you answer some other questions. Like, for example:

Max posted:

Who do you think should be lunched, right now?

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

##unvote

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Yeah, okay.

##vote genex

:redhammer:

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Dancer posted:

##vote bee

Your day 1 posting was bad ("haha I went too far my bad") and now it's getting worse. I am open to moving my vote later, but for now this is a good place to park it.

I don't like this reasoning even if I hate bee's posting

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Beetphyxious posted:

lol on my read back that person was you anpu. christ your posting on day 1 was bad and if i was here i would have been pushing hard for your lynch.

to be honest the fact anpu claimed a PR to avoid being duned and scum didn't kill them is mad fishy to me, personally

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

##vote anpu

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

The fact that you're quickly associating me with Beet while trying to say I'm scum because I've been pointing out the logical fallacy in your posts.

How is what I said "foolish"? You outted a PR, which essentially painted a target on your back - the fact a kill went through regardless means you didn't bait out any protective roles (if there are, indeed, any to speak of).

Scum won't hesitate to kill anyone who claims a PR very very quickly.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Beetphyxious posted:

Super happy with my anpu vote.

:agreed:

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

I don't like the Beet vote. If people don't want to vote Anpu I think we should vote B-, his content has been lacking even for a B- game and what little casing he has actually has been doing has been shoddy. In addition to that I'm willing to buy Flerp's own callout which I think is somethine people should look at again.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Slamburger posted:

Nah, b-minus is town

source?

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

b-minus1 posted:

why don't you like the beet vote? seems like a slam dunk to me. With that said, I don't like how quiet Anpu has been today.

Well I mean part of it is the idea Anpu was conflating me and Beet together. I know my alignment and I also at least agreed with Beet that the way Anpu was coming off was weird and cagey even by the stands of "someone who has a PR and doesn't want to share it".

imo if Anpu is going to continue to hide behind it being belligerent when cased of suspicious posts (of which he had a number on day 1, in case you've forgotten), the least he could do is actually claim some sort of result, which unless I missed it he has failed to do today. He basically just called me and Beet scum for even suspecting he might in fact be trying to hide a fakeclaim by being cagey and then peaced tf out.

Slamburger posted:

Its a meta read, based on how many town calls he made D1. Scum bminus is averse to those types of reads because it brings heat on him.

I disagree with this personally but I think arguing the point would just lead to WIFOM about meta which is the worst kind of casing, so I'll drop it for now.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

I mean of course I can be wrong and Beet could be scum but I absolutely 100% detest that we're just giving Anpu some free pass because he's softclaiming a PR, didn't die on N1, didn't report any result from a Night Action that I can see, and has overall had really lovely casing.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

the gently caress do you think I'm trying to do right now, Max

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Max posted:

Complaining that we arent voting him.

While my vote is on him, yes. And hasn't moved since he made an rear end of himself earlier.

Hey, Anpu, you have a PR, report something.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

b-minus1 posted:

My take is that Anpu has some result on Beet that implicates him as scum. IMO the only reason that Anpu should claim his role and/or result is if Beet claims first.

> Has a result that implicates him as scum
? "he should only claim it if Beet claims first"

I... what. I mean no I get that if he has an actual result that would make him a scum target but if Anpu is trying to be coy about a result he's being really loving bad at it and should try to be more honest so that town can actually look at that, instead of doing whatever the gently caress he's been doing.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

And even then it's always in town's favor to trade a town for a scum if they have to.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Alright, fine, we wanna test this? Sure. Fine, whatever, I'll vote Beet.

This is so loving stupid.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Max posted:

Wanna test what?

Bee money's whole theory that "no anpu totally has a result on beet implicating scum which is why he's being a deliberate douchecanoe"

at this point I'm acquiescing because this argument is legitimately pissing me off.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Unless you're just poking me for the sake of being obstinant in which case politely and with all due respect go gently caress yourself

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

b-minus1 posted:

mona i honestly have no idea why you are so angry right now

bee i swear here and now, god as my witness, if you're scum this game

1. okay good work
2. i will attempt to kill you in every game we play from now until the new year

because right now i'm willing to switch my vote to you over anpu and i must be taking loving crazy pills or something i guess if no one else sees it

• Locked thread