Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Depending on how quickly this starts up I'm in.

(as in hopefully not too quick)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

well if there's too many im happy to go into reserve for a substitute if needed

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

My flavour is raspberry.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Blah blah unvote blah blah vote oh captain my captain.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Max posted:

I know people will tsk at me for doing this, including Ecco, but it’s sort of the only way to be responsible with this role: I’m a bus driver. I drove anpu and dancer last night, FYI.

Personally I think the only way to play town bus driver responsibily is to not use the power at all.

Bus drivers are the worst

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Anpu posted:

What is the meaning of this.

Anpu posted:

I Understand That If I Do Not Unvote The Mod Will Not Count A Revote Unless I Am A Doublevoter!

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Max posted:

Town bus drivers create a headache for scum so no, incorrect.

Yeah, they never interfere with town actions at all.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Town bus drivers are put in to balance games to reduce towns effectiveness, in the same way there put on scum teams to moderate a too powerful town. Especially misguided town ones that think they're helping.I'll repeat, bus drivers are the worst.

Busdriver is a selfish role that can remove the agency of other town power roles.

Doc thinks player X is pretty towny and worthy of their protection?

Too bad!

Cop wants to scope out player Y because something's just not right?

Sucks 2 B U!

Basically the bus drivers opinions out weigh everyone else's and if they have different opinions on the game than the rest of town they're interfering with town.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

b-minus1 posted:

Lol imagine having a power role and not using it

Depends. Is your role just as likely to gently caress things up (or more so) for town? Then using it is only for your own purposes (boredom), is selfish and therefore untowny.

Like it's good Max came clear, but now town are going to be second guessing and doubting their night actions whenever they submit them (just as much as scum are!) and have to wait every morning for Max's update. Oh and we have to trust Max's word too.

My hatred for busdrivers is years in the making. This is not a new thing.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Max posted:

Autocorrect, Beet.

I'll respond to beer

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Max posted:

I’m using the role and will report on who I used it on. Eat my butt.

Hey do what you want, it's just not demonstrably to towns benefit.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Max posted:

Bus driver is literally my favorite role next to vanilla also, so really there’s no way I’m not using it. It interferes with some town actions but I find it more often makes scum paranoid about who they are targeting since the kill can come back on them.

See I disagree, I think the risk factors are no different to scum than them not knowing if there is a cop, doc, watcher, tracker, pgo and they're going to bounce off one of them.

Bus driver just adds a whole layer of complexity to town that they wouldn't have normally.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Look at it from a risk management point of view, you dont introduce new risks to try mitigate others. That's like the worst.

Anyway I could max lyrical (see what I did there) on this all day but I don't think we're going to change each others opinions.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Side note the most memorable game I ever played had a town and scum bus driver.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Scum won because the town bus driver thought they knew better.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Max posted:

Yes but unless there is a vig, town won’t have to worry about a kill going astray and at worst their target for info changes. Scum actually do. And this is speaking from experience of causing one scum team no end of frustration in a game from a long time ago.

Yeah vig too, I left that out.

All I'm saying is I don't think it's as cost neutral to town as you think it is.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Max posted:

I put that in a game I modded once and it was a nightmare, and I was really happy when the town bus driver died early.

Oh so we do think alike it seems.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Max posted:

That’s fine. I bus drove myself and town to victory in another game.

This is now a pointless argument.

Yeah I said this a couple of posts back but no-one else is taking.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Most of it, joke phase is painfull when you're not part of it.

I'll come back with some proper reads a bit later today as I have some poo poo to do today. (I'm in Australia so it's only 9am)

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

You say meaningless and fruitless, no, I quite clearly have set out that I believe a town bus driver is actively harmful for town. This is a belief I bring to every game.

Realising I was not going to sway max's opinion on that, nor would max sway mine, I left it there.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Anpu posted:

Confrontation can be a tool used by town as we’ve seen. Confrontation for the sake of confrontation is for scum.

This is a nonsense, nothing statement to throw out there. How do you differentiate between either at the time?

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Also I have no idea about their writing style, but my first gut reaction is that they're trying really hard to breadcrumb. Unless the constant capitalisation of T has another explanation I missed on my day 1 skim. :shrug:

Anyways lunch break over, be back later.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Apnu I don't know if there's an IRL reason for this, but I get the sense your posts are carefully constructed.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Moatillata posted:

Also lol flerp you chose to be a redirector as townie in shine 2

Beet coming in and pontificating on bus theory makes me feel no better because he had no reads on the game or it's players

I think mmt was scum and beet is her scum replacement

##vote beet

Because I haven't had time to build the case yet. I'm just keeping current in between the work day. I'll get to my cases later when I'm at a computer and not phone posting.

Its funny, because i was going to accuse ampu of just trying to frame a new case on me around their yesterday's reads of mmt.

I'm glad I dont have to paint that portrait for you though as you're less circumspect about it.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Max posted:

Hey beet you've had some time to read day 1 what do you think? Reminder MMT replaced out so you do have that as a disadvantage when it comes to not looking scummy.

I read most of it yesterday, then went and got drunk last night. Now I'm working so I'd like to be able to go back over it again at a computer before I lumpen otherwise I'll get accused of just throwing out names with no Harvard style citations and bibliography.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

:sigh:

No it was a joke callback to max hounding someone on day 1 for posting theories without a bunch of quotes to back it up.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Lunch break.

My Apnu grab bag says that they seem to be breadcrumbing badly with the emphasised words, the capitalisation of certain words, etc. I raised this before and asked and received a response that yes, they are being very considered about what they post. (Which carefully constructed posts can be a scum tell. So I don't know if english is their second language or they really want to communicate something to someone else in the thread. If it's the latter more power to them. If it's just breadcrumbing, well, i'm always suss on people who feel the need to construct a narrative they can fall back on.

I also don't like the overt buddying up to you. (You didn't mind though and think they're town so it's either your first mafia game and you've been seduced by someone agreeing with you or there's behind the scene poo poo happening, whether meta or in game or whatever. Pretty positive it's not the first :)) Back to ampu persistence to frame anything i say as scummy is counter productive.

Max. Well I've already started talking about you so your next. I felt like max controlled conversation a lot in day one, but I may be remembering that wrong because I've said in a previous game that their avatar sticks out to me and I therefore read their posts in a particular way. This game it's coming off condescending, especially with your demands that people respond a particular way (hence my call back).

So in light of yours and anous angling today,
: If you guys thought mmt was scum, why didn't you lynch them? Town has lost a day by that and now you're dragging it out onto a second and expecting me to defend someone else's meta. Saying that 'its not fair to lynch someone who is being replaced' is dumb so whoever said that yesterday that's just bad reasoning. If you're town and you think someone is scum you vote for them.

Moatilita is tunneling on me so my above point stands for them too. I came into this game eyes open so if you're gonna try lynch me based on mmt play (or lack thereof), just don't pretend it's for any other reason. So jumping on apnu's bus driver confrontation argument is just bloody lazy.

Slam burgers game was a boring read but it might have been fun at the time if I was Involved. Was it an unecessary distraction and masterminded by scum like someone pointed out? (I'll have to lookup who said that later because it was dumb) not really, no. Anything that generates content is good, however the post hoc reasoning came across terrible.

B-minus1 I'd like them to write more than a sentence, consistently. They seem to be quite content piping in from the peanut gallery with comments here and there, but not much full of susbstance. Not super happy with that posting and I'd be willing to vote them.

Ice Phoenix has just as many posts playing the mini game as they don't, which is sort of lgiht on content however they give more reads than B-minus1 especially on TNL who I want to do next but I'm out of time for now.

I've killed most of my lunch break rescanning the thread and barely done half the players, and barely touched on some solid opinions. So I'll do that and the rest later.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Beetphyxious posted:

:sigh:

No it was a joke callback to max hounding someone on day 1 for posting theories without a bunch of quotes to back it up.

lol on my read back that person was you anpu. christ your posting on day 1 was bad and if i was here i would have been pushing hard for your lynch.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Max posted:

Who was AA suss on?

Mainly slam burger but then anpu far above anyone else.

slam burger

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

I think Slamburger's game, fun as it is, muddles the thread in a way that buys them town credibility without doing anything town oriented and I would comfortably rest a vote there given that there's been nothing else d1, but roleplaying and mini games.

Again, phenomenal minigame Slam, but if it came to it, I'd dunk you.

Your case is terrrrible.

##unvote
##vote Slamburger
Using your own mini-game as a mechanical test for alignment based on subjective behaviors is really bad. If
The roleplaying, the game, all flavor, it's garbage.

anpu

##vote anpu

You look like overextending scum

Sorry, not sorry.

Eh, I mean anpu failed to understand my argument against slam... players not understanding me is nothing new, but when I clarify he still takes it as an act of hypocrisy.

He's quick to assume in flustered just like I feel moat is quick to paint frustrated newbie town on him.

People color text with emotions that probably aren't there so without delving into that, I'll stick to what's been presented.

Slam makes a fun game to liven up jokephase.

While I don't think he meant for it to be a scum hunting tool. I do believe he genuinely thought we'd get good reads from it, and he probably did...

I just feel like the game is something that benefited him for his reasons and was just entertainment for the rest of us.

My first vote on slam was probably the only vote with any real suspicion behind it. The rest were challenging players.

I feel like slam was being weird about the utility of it, and is town.

I feel like anpu has some unclear buckshot suspicion, again not an outright scum tell... it does make me wary though.

For d1. So far I'd vote anpu, if it came to it, even with belief in slam, I'd vote them just to clear the air completely.

:shrug:

Hmm I'll be fine with anpu or mmt.

I feel like anpu tells us more

he also wasn't the only one suss on anpu, so was monathin, illegaly sober and you.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Anpu posted:

That’s doesn’t surprise me, considering the likelihood that you are scum.

The rapid timing of this post and the foolishness of the thought behind it makes this seem very coordinated with Beetphyxious. I do not Trust Monathin.

##vote Beetphyxious

you're pretty dense. i told you i'd be back later when i finished work. here i am now doing posts.

but seriously, for someone who has played 'back in the day' you really need to stop making such bad logical assumptions. first it was this assumption than anyone implying you're not town is wrong, scummy and we should take this at face value. sorry, that's not how mafia works, you did that twice.

Anpu posted:

Also I don’t buy Slam’s claim that his game was designed as a scum spotting tool, especially in the light of his criteria for spotting scum highlighted myself, a town player. This feels more like a back-pedalled justification after being accused of wasting time.

Anpu posted:

I’m both busy and phone posting but that wasn’t a memory based vague list, that was after a thorough reread. Are you interested in tunneling me because you think you’ve found scum (and if so, why? Because you’re completely wrong) or did you just come here to be a prick? If it’s the latter I have no interest in engaging with you.

You’re trying to sell your excessively lazy meta-tunneling as effort and I’d be very surprised if anyone bought into your nonsense.

now monathin and i are coordinating posts? is this the monathin you trust?

Anpu posted:

Rightly or wrongly, I trust Monathin.

Hopefully that doesn’t earn me a dagger between my shoulderblades.

quote:

Monathin - I keep seesawing on this one, I find them honest but they seem muddled. Leaning town and for the moment I Trust Monathin.

i called you on this before, you've made your mind up and are scrambling to find evidence to fit. it's almost like you think i'm going to be the easiest lynch today.

i don't like your post history yesterday, your terrible reads of people and your back flipping opinions and I will continue to unpack it.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Anpu posted:

The list of coming forward into the Day:

Anomalous Amalgam - Basically has just focused on the scorpion game, apparently seeing both participating and not participating in it as scummy behaviours. No strong read but leaning scum if pushed.

lol, that's not what i came back here for, but what a great read.

quote:

B minus - almost a null read. Tunnelling on Flerp, which seems normal for them. Leaning town.

this is terrible reasoning based on meta which stuck out to me on the re-read because of you specifically attacking max for his meta read on mmt. which you are now piggy backing off.

quote:

IcePhoenix - to my mind, Ice appears to be genuinely reading the thread, analysing posts and scumhunting. I Trust IcePhoenix.

interesting that you trust him someone you've had no interaction with, nor he you. he also has a low post count and day 1

quote:

Max - I do not Trust Max. Too aggressive, too certain of uncertain things, and his targets being someone who hasn’t posted and a town player shows how hollow his theatrics are.

:hmmyes:

quote:

TheNinthLayer - obviously one can hide behind roleplaying as scum, in this instance I don’t think this is the case for TNL. Either way it’s nice to see someone so clearly enjoying themselves. I Trust TheNinthLayer.

again you have actually no justification or reasoning behind this. you're grab list is just you randomly throwing out opinions on people to look like you're scum hunting when you were really only wasting day 1 tunneling max.

quote:

Slamburger - slamburger at this point is at best an opportunist and a coward. His game seemed like a very genuine fun thing to do, but when he was called out on it he’s swam between claiming he used it (in retrospect) to try to identify scummy behaviour and capitulating outright. All I get from this is Slam is very, very interested in saving his own skin.

for this whole post i actually only came here to quote this bit, but the other bits were interesting too so i included them.

i find this bolded part rich coming from the person who was so willing to claim day 1 to avoid a lynch. it's interesting then that you've come out of the gate day 1 gunning hard for me and trying to use what was quite a normal mafia conversation as your justification. you're literally just piggy backing on the back of max's argument that you originally took him to task for.

you're now trying to suggest monathin and i are colluding because we posted at a similar time. that has to be the worst loving play by scum, ever, if that's the case and it's just too simplistic for an old hat mafia player to believe.

i think you're trying too hard because you don't want the heat to come back onto you so you're pushing what you hope is the next easiest lynch, not who you think is the scummiest, just the one that'll take the heat off you for another day and hopefully everyone will forget you were 50% of the way to a lynch on day 1 for your bad arguments.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Anpu posted:

Monathin lost my Trust very quickly.

Unpack all you want there is no dishonesty in my words. I say what I see and I see what is true.

keep reading then buddy. i'll go get a beer while you catch up.

##vote anpu

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Anpu posted:

Your words only condemn you further. When Beetphyxious flips scum you will be close behind him now.

I do not know why scum did not kill me, but your reaction today makes me think this was the plan. Was Max trusting me a spanner in your works though?

Either way, you are Condemned.

lol now you're suggesting chain lynchs.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Anpu posted:

I sincerely doubt anyone believes either of your very obviously desperate flailings. I can still claim in full and I will again not be killed during the day. For people claiming to analyse my posts, you seem very focused on missing the very obvious.

I am not scum.

yeah see you say that, but again, that's not how mafia works. you are using bad logic, making bad arguments and seem to be so fully self assured in your own abilities, but not giving anyone else reason to have the same faith. sorry anpu.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Anpu posted:

This must be that “infinitum posting” they mentioned last game.

ouch, this was pretty funny, but totally uncalled for.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Anpu posted:

I have given people reason to trust me and will only continue to do so.

You are scared. You fear me. This much is obvious. You are desperate for me to die.

You will fail.

yeah you keep saying that, yet you've also given a lot of reason for people to vote you yesterday too.

so uhh keep saying that i guess, it's working really well for you.

it's really interesting because it feels like you're role playing, and i'm postive you said something about that earlier.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

oh found it, but a quick aside

I'd be wary of people who rely on roleplay too much beyond d1.

i liked this post from earlier. TNL has been fairly solidly roleplaying, i'm always suss on it because i've been burnt in the past.

interesting thing about this:

Anpu posted:

TheNinthLayer - obviously one can hide behind roleplaying as scum, in this instance I don’t think this is the case for TNL. Either way it’s nice to see someone so clearly enjoying themselves. I Trust TheNinthLayer.

i said before that you're reasoning as to why you trust them is never made explicit. i then go on to see that you're getting your rp on in your speech.

what i found super duper interesting is TNL stops roleplaying and makes this post:

The Ninth Layer posted:

I do not find Anpu particularly suspicious, nor do I feel the case on him is compelling. The main complaint about him is that he has been wishy washy, but in the first round of the game that's not too unusual, we are all still getting the measure of each other.

so you trust them, don't have a reason why even after pointing out scum can hide by role playing and then tnl comes out to bat for you too?

interesting

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

anyhow i've driven home my point on anpu being dodgy. that last post brings me onto someone else i was getting suss on but it's not a great case beyond something anpu already drew attention to and that's the ninths layers role playing. i guess it's a wait and watch to see how they go into day 2, but if they do keep it up i'm keeping with AA's advice

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

oh to add to my earlier read on b-minus, anpu said 'leaning town' and later on b-minus wanted to +1 that cancelling himself out saying the lumpen post seemed sincere. this is after drive by posting all day.

love to see more from b-minus because they're jerking my gerkin at the moment (though not as much as anpu)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

yeah on that my post count is already double flerps, dancer, the ninth layers, and illegally sober. get posting people.

well not sober because they've disappeared or something.

• Locked thread