Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Rarity posted:

I liked S1 a lot but seven eps deep this is still a big step up from the first.
Really? I thought this season was good, but not nearly as good as the first. The characters were all still good this season but the plot just felt really directionless.

Rarity posted:

the show within the show this is everything :swoon:
I found that episode mostly tedious. A couple of bits were funny but mostly I just don't care about the show within the show so it was time taken out of the story I'm actually invested in. :shrug:

cant cook creole bream posted:

But I do feel kinda weird about this show as a whole. I like the feminist plot lines and the strong characters, but I kinda have to admit to myself that I really enjoy seeing those fit women wrestle in elaborate outfits. I do wonder if it feels degrading to the actresses. To be honest, I feel kinda bad about that. They look really great though.
Half the appeal of wrestling is watching really fit people getting physical with each other.

Harlock posted:

I'm about half way through and I just want Ruth to destroy everyone. They're all so lovely to her.
She's not exactly blameless. One thing I think season one did a lot better was keeping more focus on the characters' flaws. They were the kind of people you feel bad for liking. This season you just like them.

Fartington Butts posted:

And Bash gets some very good moments. So is he gay or not?
I assume not. He didn't seem to have any idea that Florian was gay and his internal conflict when he found out seemed to me to be between his homophobia and his lifelong friendship with Florian.

Maxwell Lord posted:

Kia Stevens- did she do ANY acting before this? Because I don't think most people would even guess that she's the former pro wrestler in the cast.
Pro wrestling is acting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Straight White Shark posted:

I thought his meltdown was more about AIDS than just sexuality. I can't say for sure if he knew about Florian beforehand but once he went to the gay bar I don't think he had any illusions about Florian being gay , and his initial reaction didn't seem negative.
That's definitely when he found out, and yeah, it was probably mostly about AIDS, but I think to him (like a lot of people) that would have been synonymous with homosexuality. But none of that suggests to me that he was gay himself.

Maxwell Lord posted:

Yeah but it's a kind of acting that doesn't always translate to TV or film acting.
Same with live theatre, but people don't tend to go "what a shock, this theatre actor is actually good at film acting!" like they do with wrestlers. :shrug:

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Straight White Shark posted:

Bash has been played as a gay caricature for the entire run of the show
Has he? I guess I'm not familiar with whatever stereotype he's embodying. :confused:

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

cant cook creole bream posted:

That he's a grown man who's wealth, relation to his mother and lack of real hardships prevented him from reaching a mental level beyond childhood fantasies. And that he has to be constantly supervised, so he doesn't do something stupid?
That was exactly how I read it too.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Timeless Appeal posted:

I'm enjoying season 2 a lot, but they really underestimated how best friends forever and a cranky rear end in a top hat making a wrestling show is enough for me. Debbie's plot takes up way too much screen time.
I didn't mind the Debbie stuff but it did often seem disconnected from the rest of the show. Like, if she was the protagonist it would make sense to have these bits of her life that aren't about the show, but she isn't so it doesn't.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

esperterra posted:

Ruth and Debbie always seemed like equal main protags to me.
I would have said Ruth and Sam.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

the escape goat posted:

Nia Jax. She's 6ft
It's difficult to tell how tall any of them actually are because the WWE routinely lies about everyone's height, but there is no way Nia Jax is 6ft.

• Locked thread