Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

cant cook creole bream posted:

How much red thread, pins and polaroids are in your room right now?

Not enough, dammit!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Sooooo Empyre #1, the creepy plant people are bad. Okay, I can work with that.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

howe_sam posted:

We had a pretty good indication of this when the first indication of them being a thing in Incoming was murdering a Skrull by making a tree explode out of him

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

I discovered that Marvel are doing a dark, long form universe to cash in on Injusticr and DCeased.

They are calling it Marvel: Dark Ages (in the Marvel Universe when all the power goes out.) And Tom Taylor is writing it.

Should be good.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

The Question IRL posted:

I discovered that Marvel are doing a dark, long form universe to cash in on Injusticr and DCeased.

They are calling it Marvel: Dark Ages (in the Marvel Universe when all the power goes out.) And Tom Taylor is writing it.

Should be good.

I was gonna say it sounds terrible until you said Tom Taylor.

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters
It's entirely possible that I'm wrong but everyone (not just on here, on news sites) jumping straight to THIS IS AN EVENT is funny to me, Marvel's done big hype-ups for things before that turned out to be mini-series, and even their FCBD offerings veer between being 0 issues for events like Secret Wars or Infinity or Absolute Carnage and just being hype shorts for the Black Cat ongoing or the Assault on Titan crossover or a Rocket Raccoon mini-series.

It might be an event, it might be an ongoing series or imprint, it might be a mini-series. I don't think anything official has been said besides "people have photographed the super-delayed FCBD story. The solicit for the issue just said it was a preview of an "epic tale" by Taylor/Cohelo, and the use of "epic" and "saga" and the general pitch makes me think it's just going to be an extension of the Conan/Marvel crossover in Savage Avengers. But like I said, I'm prepared to be wrong.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

howe_sam posted:

I'm not digging the Cotati designs, makes me a little uncomfortable that they're dressing themselves in something that looks eerily familiar to Native American designs.

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

Looks like someone forgot his hardhat...
They're definitely more Aztec looking to me.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Nilbop posted:

They're definitely more Aztec looking to me.

... that is a Native American?

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

Looks like someone forgot his hardhat...

Jiro posted:

... that is a Native American?

Maybe I'm alone on this because I'm not from there, but to me "Native American" means more North American First Nation than Meso-American civilization.

I don't see why the artists drawing from Aztec visual cues is a big deal here. They've drawn from just about every geographical region on Earth by this point.

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

*a foul hooting fills the air*

Edge & Christian posted:

It's entirely possible that I'm wrong but everyone (not just on here, on news sites) jumping straight to THIS IS AN EVENT is funny to me, Marvel's done big hype-ups for things before that turned out to be mini-series, and even their FCBD offerings veer between being 0 issues for events like Secret Wars or Infinity or Absolute Carnage and just being hype shorts for the Black Cat ongoing or the Assault on Titan crossover or a Rocket Raccoon mini-series.

It might be an event, it might be an ongoing series or imprint, it might be a mini-series. I don't think anything official has been said besides "people have photographed the super-delayed FCBD story. The solicit for the issue just said it was a preview of an "epic tale" by Taylor/Cohelo, and the use of "epic" and "saga" and the general pitch makes me think it's just going to be an extension of the Conan/Marvel crossover in Savage Avengers. But like I said, I'm prepared to be wrong.

We will know it is an even when the checklist of 30 plus issues of tie ins drops in a month or two.

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.
I really enjoyed this week's Guardians of the Galaxy. After a bit of a shaky start it looks like Ewing has found his stride!

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
hey, so were the cotati living in the blue area all this time? i get that no one had any interest in revisiting them until now, but you'd think someone would have shuffled them off to a less important location. so much stuff happens in the blue area that it is kind of ridiculous.

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Lord_Hambrose posted:

We will know it is an even when the checklist of 30 plus issues of tie ins drops in a month or two.
You got me there, confirming that a sprawling event is a sprawling event is a surefire way to know that something is a sprawling event!

https://twitter.com/TomTaylorMade/status/1283448127987396609

It's already been established as not in continuity, so it's presumably not spinning out of Savage Avengers. Could it be an out of continuity event that crosses over with 30 books? Only one way to find out! Or just assume the worst and spend 30-60 days dunking.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
When has Tom Taylor written Iron Man previously?

Edit: Oh poo poo, he wrote the under rated Superior Iron Man series.

Air Skwirl fucked around with this message at 19:22 on Jul 16, 2020

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

I was reading the solicitations and somehow came across the cosmic character Wraith and you know how we joke that Cates makes everything about Knull? Well I just found out that there was a retcon and you guessed it, Knull created the people that made Wraith.

I loving hate Knull.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Is it pronounced "null," "kah-null," "Kin-ull," or "Connell"?

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
Almost certainly null.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Turns out Knull's blood was the key component of the super soldier serum.

instantrunoffvote
Jul 23, 2007

Codependent Poster posted:

I was reading the solicitations and somehow came across the cosmic character Wraith and you know how we joke that Cates makes everything about Knull? Well I just found out that there was a retcon and you guessed it, Knull created the people that made Wraith.

I loving hate Knull.

The most surprising part of that, honestly, is that literally anyone has mentioned Wraith in the last decade.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

instantrunoffvote posted:

The most surprising part of that, honestly, is that literally anyone has mentioned Wraith in the last decade.

Gotta make Knull responsible for creating as much poo poo as possible!

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
The Jack Kirby the FF met when they rescued Ben was actually knull in disguise

Knull created the marvel universe

site fucked around with this message at 20:29 on Jul 18, 2020

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

I look forward to a decade from now when some other writer makes comics that show Knull was just making all of that up to make himself seem more important than he was.

How Wonderful!
Jul 18, 2006

I only have excellent ideas
I can't wait for the Sentry/Venom crossover where they team up to face their deadliest foes, "Knull & Void"

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

How Wonderful! posted:

I can't wait for the Sentry/Venom crossover where they team up to face their deadliest foes, "Knull & Void"

OH MY GOD

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Oh God drat it.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
:downsrim:

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Cates would totally make the Void some sort of symbiote that attached to the Sentry.

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

*a foul hooting fills the air*

How Wonderful! posted:

:discourse:

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

How Wonderful! posted:

So it'll be a major retcon, then?

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

How Wonderful! posted:

This is hilarious

but also if Donny Cates does retcon the Void, I'm blaming you

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

How Wonderful is Donny Cates and he’s just throwing out the idea for a feel

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Codependent Poster posted:

This is hilarious

but also if Donny Cates does retcon the Void, I'm blaming you

Tbh the void is bad enough I don't think this would affect anything

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

The *real* big reveal is that The Void is also The Void from Dave Sim's syncretic religion. And also Knull.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
They should just keep bringing The Sentry back and having the Avengers pledge to help him over and over again and they just keep causing the Void to come back because they're useless.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

The Void introduces his brother, Pathologic

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

How Wonderful! posted:

:popeye:

This is the only Knull storyline I want to read.

Angry Salami
Jul 27, 2013

Don't trust the skull.
Has Knull ever actually done anything, or does he just show up and look ominous and claim to be the real power behind actual villains?

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

He tried to eat Ego: The Living Planet in Silver Surfer: Black.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.

Angry Salami posted:

Has Knull ever actually done anything, or does he just show up and look ominous and claim to be the real power behind actual villains?

He created the people who made Wraith, what more do you want?