Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
After a series of reboots and rejiggerings from Marvel NOW! through Generations and Legacies, the declaration the diversity doesn't sell, the ousting of Axel Alonso and placment of Akira Yoshida as Editor in Chief, Marvel...well it's having a bit of a crisis. DC is making big moves into the OGN, trade, and YA markets while Marvel doesn't seem to know what it wants. Having cancelled several diverse titles before the first trades even came out, Marvel now looks to be reversing course of some as sales figures come back.* Titles like West Coast Avengers will attempt to salvage characters from others as a team book.

Will they be successful?? Find out next month! Excelsior!!!

*Look for Unstoppable Wasp in October! -Ed

Previous Thread

site fucked around with this message at 17:09 on Jun 29, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

This seems like unnecessary new #1.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
Can't believe they would make a blatant diversity hire like Akira Yoshida instead of someone like C.B. Cebulski!

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company

IUG posted:

This seems like unnecessary new #1.

:same:

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Marketing says this is how we get a boost in post count

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

site posted:

Marketing says this is how we get a boost in post count

I concur

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Comic books are for loving idiots

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

I cannot believe how quickly the thread was resurrected after it died. Just cheapens the whole idea of threads being closed when readers know the threads will be brought back right away.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Dang you're right I should've ran 4 concurrent teaser threads for a few months before merging them into a return of the marvel thread

site fucked around with this message at 18:38 on Jun 29, 2018

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

site posted:

Dang you're right I should've ran 4 concurrent teaser threads for a few months before merging them into a return of the marvel thread

I wouldn't be interested at all in what those threads are leading up to, but I would read one or two of them if they had posters I liked in them.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Alaois posted:

I wouldn't be interested at all in what those threads are leading up to, but I would read one or two of them if they had posters I liked in them.

Most of them have left for smaller, independent forums where their posts are more valueable.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Real talk, I've put off reading current Marvel for so long because with Marvel Unlimited and a few trades that I have yet to read I wanted to get caught up on pre-Secret Wars first. But I finally admitted to myself that catching up on all the pre- stuff I want to read and then also the post-stuff simply to catch up is really never going to happen. I didn't want to skip ahead for silly completionist reasons, but if for most of my life reading comics meant having to constantly fill in the blanks of what came before then I can do that again. And I had been reading Coates' Black Panther run so really I was being inconsistent anyway.

So I just said gently caress it and started reading Zdarsky's Marvel 2-in-1 a couple days ago. And it was great! Screw waiting to get to the good stuff.

I hear the most current run of Doctor Strange is awesome?

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
There's only two issues so far but they've been good and I'm looking forward to more. Oddly, the Ant-Man and Wasp series that Waid is also writing is kind of hinging on a similar premise of being stuck in a strange place, but it didn't catch me at all.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

IUG posted:

Most of them have left for smaller, independent forums where their posts are more valueable.

One is exclusively posted in by america alucard, D_T, and myself.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

I was really hoping for a 2099 thread

Now where am I gonna talk about Ravage? :(

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Little Mac posted:

I was really hoping for a 2099 thread

Now where am I gonna talk about Ravage? :(

anywhere you want baybee

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

Looks like someone forgot his hardhat...
I don't think Marvel doesn't know what it wants to be, I think it's just that it's using it's comics division as a sounding board for interesting or profitable stories for their movies and drat the consequences of whatever happens to the 616 itself. Cebulski doesn't strike me as a guy who's going to fight back against his masters' requests.

Also you should probably get that 2099 out of the title ya dingus.

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

I lift my drink and sing a song

for who knows if life is short or long?

Man's life is like the morning dew

past days many, future days few

marvel would be better as a pure sounding board for movies and netflix shows lmao

for some reason theres an ego-driven need to prove that comics can be profitable too

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

2099 everyone!

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

site only started a new thread with 2099 in the title to distract everyone from the fact that they were just exposed as being wrong about editor's note boxes

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

DivineCoffeeBinge posted:

site only started a new thread with 2099 in the title to distract everyone from the fact that they were just exposed as being wrong about editor's note boxes

Boooooooo hisssssssssss

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
2099 is future proofing the thread since x-o never changes the title when the next year rolls around

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

What's that Spider-Man issue with the holographic cover and the double page splash of Spidey and Spider-Man 2099, with their respective cities behind them?

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

site posted:

2099 is future proofing the thread since x-o never changes the title when the next year rolls around

So what's your long term plan? That's only a few decades! You doomed the future.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

cant cook creole bream posted:

So what's your long term plan? That's only a few decades! You doomed the future.

On the contrary im being extremely optimistic that human civilization will make it past 2020

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Open Marriage Night posted:

What's that Spider-Man issue with the holographic cover and the double page splash of Spidey and Spider-Man 2099, with their respective cities behind them?

I think it's Amazing #365

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

site posted:

On the contrary im being extremely optimistic that human civilization will make it past 2020

Nonsense, that is an election year.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
I decided to check out that new super hero adventures kids line to see if it was any fun but this muscular pseudo chibi art is creepy as gently caress

site fucked around with this message at 19:35 on Jun 30, 2018

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
I'm going to assume the rest of that "Kate!" word balloon is "You're an abomination!"

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
https://twitter.com/ryanqnorth/status/1013560289009324032?s=19

Gwenpool...????????

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Gizmoduck series confirmed.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

https://twitter.com/ryanqnorth/status/1013564367344996352

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

More like Memephisto

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
Memphis ist hell.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
That mean Gwenpool is going to be in Squirrel Girl?

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

twistedmentat posted:

Well, her name is, at least

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
maybe mephisto wants revenge for them beating his rear end and rescuing gwens brother

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

site posted:

maybe mephisto wants revenge for them beating his rear end and rescuing gwens brother

That's plausible. He's known to hold a grudge or two.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

twistedmentat posted:

Or they're bringing the book back like they did with Wasp and Iceman, but with North writing instead of Hastings?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

I'm guessing Gwenpool did not get trade saved like Wasp and Iceman. That makes me sad.