Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer

Fereydun posted:

oh my god savage avengers is incredible and conan being in the marvel universe and everyone having to deal with him mega owns owns owns

im glad its not sticking to the same cast but rather rotating conan with the poor idiots who get dragged into his poo poo

Yeah the intro arc dragged a bit, but that dinner with Conan and Doom is one of my favorite things.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Tortuga
Apr 27, 2007

ˇTerrible es el Guerrero de Tortuga!
Strange: "Victor..."

Doom: "Stephen..."

Conan: "Conan!"

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Black Widow: Forever Red by Margaret Stohl is free on various E-book sites. Not Amazon, but I assume at least one of these will let you download something you can upload to a Kindle via Calibre or whatever.

https://books.disney.com/book/black...linkId=88740775

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Endless Mike posted:

Black Widow: Forever Red by Margaret Stohl is free on various E-book sites. Not Amazon, but I assume at least one of these will let you download something you can upload to a Kindle via Calibre or whatever.

It is free on Amazon, the link Disney gives you is messed up and for a different, non free Black Widow book by the same author, but if you look in related products or just search manually for Forever Red it's free.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Endless Mike posted:

Dangit, only in the US!

Wasn't this supposed to introduce a character called Red Widow into 616 canon? There was some panels of her put out as promotional stuff but I don't think that went anywhere.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

There’s a Red Widow in the Winter Guard in Jason Aaron’s Avengers.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Yvonmukluk posted:

Dangit, only in the US!

Wasn't this supposed to introduce a character called Red Widow into 616 canon? There was some panels of her put out as promotional stuff but I don't think that went anywhere.

There's a Red Widow in Aaron's Avengers that's part of a Russian super team. I dont know if she or the rest of the team has popped up again post War of the Realms.
E;fb

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters
There was also a Red Widow in a Mockingbird one-shot in 2015 who subsequently appeared in a back-up story in Ms. Marvel in 2016; both of those comics were written by Margaret Stohl and so the character is already in 616 continuity, I guess the book (originally published in 2015 too) was her first appearance, and according to interviews the book is 'in continuity' too.

Jason Aaron's Red Widow has appeared more often and more recently, but doesn't appear to have any real connection besides the obvious ones.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Has Miles teamed up with the Fantastic Four, and recreated the Amazing Spider-Man #1 cover? This is important to me.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Open Marriage Night posted:

Has Miles teamed up with the Fantastic Four, and recreated the Amazing Spider-Man #1 cover? This is important to me.

I don't know, but I just realized Johnny Storm becoming any sort of mentor to Miles would be such a loving knife in the chest to Peter Parker it kinda needs to happen.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I want to see Johnny teach Miles how to be a ladies man.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Rhyno posted:

I want to see Johnny teach Miles how to be a ladies man.

Miles already knows the shoulder touch, there's nothing more to learn.

Vincent
Nov 25, 2005

Marvel has 3 rad comics with "Imortal" on the title.

-Immortal Hulk.
-Immortal Iron Fist.
-Immortal Iron Fists.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

Vincent posted:

Marvel has 3 rad comics with "Imortal" on the title.

-Immortal Hulk.
-Immortal Iron Fist.
-Immortal Iron Fists.

Hear me out here:

Immortal Hulk Fist!

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

cant cook creole bream posted:

Hear me out here:

Immortal Hulk Fist!
:hmmyes:

There's also something to be said for Immortal Iron Hulk.

I wonder if we'll ever get an Immortal Iron Man series?

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

There was an Immortal Weapons mini-series too.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oCjlic9U8Ts

Apparently I should be reading the Immortal Hulk.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Every book that has the name Al Ewing on the cover should be read. Been that way for years now.

How Wonderful!
Jul 18, 2006

I only have excellent ideas

Lurdiak posted:

It's unbelievably good, you should!

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer

Lurdiak posted:

Oh it's Thought Slime's horror podcast!!

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
Look at this bull man. Look at the bull man!

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

If you think you're gonna get sympathy from the shark, well then, you won't.

It's maybe the best mainstream comic book currently being published.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
I didn't particularly like it and dropped it after a trade but I'm glad I read it and have no trouble recommending it to anybody who is interested.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

i never thought the hulk would eat my face - minotaur who made his own off brand hulk

Beerdeer
Apr 25, 2006

Frank Herbert's Dude
I think the New Mutants with the original cast is better, but Hulk is a very close #2.

edit- How did Civil War era Moon Knight do? It's an intense book with a LOT of continuity required.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
This is a copypaste in a couple different threads in case anyone bookmarks stuff and missed the posts in the discussion thread:

I'm setting up a fantasy draft for comic creators. This is similar to threads we've run in SAS to pick yearly or all time sports teams or in Trad Games to pick favorite board games. It's an opportunity to talk about comics in a different type of format and learn more about creators or comics you may not have heard of before.

Basically, we're picking creators (Big 2 folk, mangaka, webcomics creators, golden age artists, whatever) for imaginary comics companies in a snake draft that runs from 10AM EDT to 10PM EDT every day. I expect it to take about 6 weeks to finish. I've done these like 8 times, and they're always fun and result in learning a ton about a thing I like.

Right now we have 7 people participating, I'd like to get up to at least 12 if possible. We're going to aim to start this weekend.

To sign up or ask more questions check out the thread here: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3924491

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Beerdeer posted:

edit- How did Civil War era Moon Knight do? It's an intense book with a LOT of continuity required.
It was a surprise(?) hit initially, I think largely due to David Finch being a "hot" artist of the moment and Marvel being "hot" in general:

Moon Knight #1: 103,671 (6th place for the month)
Moon Knight #2: 75,305 (19th)
Moon Knight #3: 69,450 (29th)
misses a month due to delays
Moon Knight #4: 67,673 (34th)
Moon Knight #5: 64,729 (28th)
misses two months due to delays
Moon Knight #6: 74,012 (27th)
Moon Knight #7: 76,918 (18th) issues 7-9 are Civil War fallout issues touting Spider-Man, Captain America, and Punisher as guest stars)
another delay
Moon Knight #8: 77,385 (20th)
Moon Knight #9: 69,125 (30th) this is the first non-Finch issue
Moon Knight #10: 56,716 (43rd)
Moon Knight #11: 58,277 (35th) 11-13 are branded as part of "The Initiative" story
another two month delay
Moon Knight #12: 47,506 (42nd)
Moon Knight #13: 44,036 (53rd)
Moon Knight Annual #1: 32,291 (68th)
another delay even factoring in the annual
Moon Knight #14: 34,541 (61st) Mike Benson and Javier Saltares take over
Moon Knight #15: 31,533 (57th)
Moon Knight #16: 29,538 (67th)
Moon Knight #17: 27,802 (81st)
Moon Knight #18: 26,619 (89th)
Moon Knight #19: 25,810 (83rd)
Moon Knight #20: 28,767 (92nd) oversized issue with Mike Deodato art
Moon Knight #21: 30,884 (78th) had a Marvel Apes incentive cover which I assume accounts for the bump
Moon Knight #22: 26,372 (94th)
Moon Knight #23: 25,213 (111th)
Moon Knight #24: 23,943 (85th)
Moon Knight #25: 23,280 (115th)
Moon Knight #26: 21,790 (89th)
Moon Knight #27: 21,409 (91st)
Moon Knight #28: 20,883 (92nd)
Moon Knight #29: 22,687 (106th) had a Wolverine variant cover
Moon Knight #30: 19,693 (101st)

As you can see, it came in hot, started dropping as soon as Finch left/Civil War ended, and then cratered after the first year.

Beerdeer
Apr 25, 2006

Frank Herbert's Dude
That feels about right. Thanks.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

ASM was pretty :kimchi: today.

I love that Peter & Fred have a pet Gog now.

And hey, next issue we finally get moving on the Kindred plot! :toot:

In July! :negative:

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.

X-O posted:

Every book that has the name Al Ewing on the cover should be read. Been that way for years now.

Has he had a single miss in say, the last decade or so? Maybe the Civil War 2 mini he did?

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

Yvonmukluk posted:

ASM was pretty :kimchi: today.

I love that Peter & Fred have a pet Gog now.

In July! :negative:

Yeah, I'm a sucker for a sad animal story with a happy ending.

Now only a month or so until the next Hulk. :smith:

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

Yvonmukluk posted:

Finally! That stuff has been brewing for years by now. The entire Mary Jane series was nested in between that guy doing anything. I wonder if he ist just waiting for her to return and looking disappointed when it turns out she will be out longer than anticipated.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

cant cook creole bream posted:

Finally! That stuff has been brewing for years by now. The entire Mary Jane series was nested in between that guy doing anything. I wonder if he ist just waiting for her to return and looking disappointed when it turns out she will be out longer than anticipated.

tbf if we'd been on the twice-monthly schedule from the before-times, we'd be at issue #50 or later by now.

Granted it has been one slow-rear end burn regardless.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Was Mary Jane kicked to digital only?

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Dawgstar posted:

Was Mary Jane kicked to digital only?

Not that I'm aware of. It's not one that's been given a date for when it comes back, frustratingly.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

There might be printing issues, since even if they're up and running I bet they can't run at full capacity because of social distancing regulations. Marauders was very clearly printed from before the shut down.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

Do we know when immortal hulk is coming back?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

wiegieman posted:

Do we know when immortal hulk is coming back?

June 24

https://www.newsarama.com/50048-marvel-to-resume-new-comics-releases-may-27-announce-schedule-through-july-8.html

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Skwirl posted:

There might be printing issues, since even if they're up and running I bet they can't run at full capacity because of social distancing regulations. Marauders was very clearly printed from before the shut down.

Yeah seeing the release schedule in the back was darkly hilarious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

https://twitter.com/LouiseSimonson2/status/1265736878860513280?s=20