Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

This seems like unnecessary new #1.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Alaois posted:

I wouldn't be interested at all in what those threads are leading up to, but I would read one or two of them if they had posters I liked in them.

Most of them have left for smaller, independent forums where their posts are more valueable.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Synthbuttrange posted:

Is it weird that the x-place has become a kind of

clone high

Previously, on a very special issue of X-23...

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

twistedmentat posted:

Did anyone else have have a misprint in Marvel Rising? The page with the heroes confronting the villain is printed twice.

But yea, its really, really good.

Yup. Had the page with the Deadpool villian trading card twice. Once two pages before it was supposed to show up. I think it replaced another page, as later in the background you can see some kind of Hulk guillotine in the last pages that is never addressed.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Well that's like half of what I'm buying from Marvel. They'll be in real trouble when North leaves Squirrel Girl. (X-23, Mr & Mrs X, and the main Deadpool comic is it for Marvel from me otherwise.)

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

My wife legit shed a tear for Sergei in the last issue of Squirrel Girl last night. She reads precisely zero other Spider-Man comics. If that comic makes people like that happy, then gently caress the people who get pissed off that people enjoy it.

Like how Gwenpool came out and everyone liked Batroc the Leaper in that. A good author can make you care about a lovely character.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Does anyone else use the digital codes that come with their floppies? Does everyone else keep on being told by Marvel that their password is wrong? I use 1Password, so I save my password, and I always "change" my password back to what it had saved. But every single time I login (like 2 times a month), it keeps saying my password is wrong and I have to reset it. It's super loving annoying. I just want to know if it's just me.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

site posted:

Btw December solicits are out

Huh, here's an interesting thing that kindof jumped at me. It's one of those comics that's about the movies:

quote:

MARVEL’S AVENGERS: UNTITLED PRELUDE #1 (of 3)
WILL CORONA PILGRIM (W) • PACO DIAZ (A)
A COSMIC CALAMITY!
From the dawn of the universe came six INFINITY STONES, each in control of an essential aspect of existence: space, reality, power, soul, mind and time. Now, THANOS strives to collect them all to further his mad plan of wiping out half the universe’s population. Standing between him and his goal: the AVENGERS, the GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY, SPIDER-MAN, and more! But with one Infinity Stone already in Thanos’ possession, will even the combined might of the Marvel Universe be enough to stop him?
32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99

It's untitled. Does that mean by December we'll know the name of the second movie of Infinity War will be called? Because at that point, this comic will be out.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Synthbuttrange posted:

Also his other FF tribute, Final Frontier:

Shouldn't they be playing this in a spaceship? One preferably orbiting another planet?

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

site posted:

why are they giving chaykin work give the ww2 stuff to Ennis he seems to enjoy doing that type of comic

He had some Secret Wars comic "Where Monsters Dwell". I read most of the what seemed like 50 mini-series that came out from that event. Where Monsters Dwell was easily the worst. Extremely toxic masculinity dripped from it, and I don't remember it being tongue-in-cheek or sarcastic. Just a bunch of drat WOMEN telling a MAN how he should LIVE. I've since avoided him.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Zachack posted:

I read Where Monsters Dwell fairly recently (I had never actually read the final issue) and I think you could be actually illiterate and still pick up that the main male character is intended to be a gross buffoon who gets just desserts constantly just by the action on the page and his poo poo-eating expressions.

Yeah, but I think the last issue he just doesn't. I remember him escaping and it made it seem like he had won over those drat FEMALES. I remember it was gross, and I have since sold them away.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Slightly worse than Northrop Grumman

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

My wife just demanded I buy this comic because of this crossover:
https://twitter.com/ryanqnorth/status/1060946806891175937

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

twistedmentat posted:

I hope this doens't have a lovely numbering system like the last one.

That would require numbering it at all.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Teenage Fansub posted:

In case you were wondering if Ben Grimm's wedding would buck the trend of 2018's failed comic marriages, it did! Mazel tov!

Rogue and Gambit got married and have a great on-going comic now. :colbert:

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

site posted:

I...actually kinda liked that captain marvel issue? Am i in a coma dream??

spider-man_wait_a_minute.jpg

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

I've been reading since Cable & Deadpool, and it's probably second worst to Way IMO (in terms of the adjective-less Deadpool comics). He doesn't get the humor or the character, and everything has been of so little consequence. Almost every issues is a baddie-of-the-month type, and there's no overall plot like the last series.

I love Young, I Hate Fairyland was great and I'm really digging Middlewest, but I feel like he's an awful fit for Deadpool.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

I guess I just need Marvel to cancel (please don't Marvel) X-23 and Mr and Mrs X, and then I'm almost done with Marvel entirely. Squirrel Girl will never be canceled.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Admiralty Flag posted:

I thought Starkscream was, "Jarvis, I'm home, where's my loving [dinner/booze and call girls]*??!!!"

(*Depends based on era.)

On a side note, in the late Eighties I noticed a trend by (IIRC) Workman and especially Costanza -- and here the main example that jumps to mind are the Alan Davis Detective Comics -- to write "filler" words, like "ahem" or an understated "oops", in all lower case letters. Something about this really added to the style and look of the speech and made it lookk more natural. I'm not saying it never appeared in comics before, but it seemed to have gained its momentum here.

Didn't mean to comment on your specific exercise of the craft, just a memory that came to mind.

Simon Spurrier has done something similar in his last three books (Spire, Godshaper, Coda), where if a character whispers or talks under their breath. The font size will shrink down, or the color of the font will go grey. It can be a little distracting at first, IMO.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

So I started to reread Ms Marvel in trade form. I forgot how much I liked Adrian Alphona's art. However I can't seem to find any web presence for the guy for some reason. Is he doing any series now?

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

That's some bullshit. I love his style and that he's always trying to hide small details in the background.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Did Hulkling (?) push past him, and then also somehow dress both of them in their costumes?

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Vince MechMahon posted:

The previous panel is them going into a restroom to change, then it's them bursting out in costume. I'm sorry they didn't show you them changing over several panels.

The third panel shows one guy halfway through the door frame, and the next panel shows them in the same doorway, but in different clothes, and in different positions. (I didn't know one of them is a shape shifter, but still.)

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Vince MechMahon posted:

Panel three is them entering the bathroom, shown from the interior of the bathroom. Time passes, and panel four is them exiting the bathroom, shown from the exterior, after having changed.

E: or maybe you're right? Now I'm second guessing myself.

Ah, then that would make sense. I agree with your first line. They probably saw the guy, and then kicked back into the bathroom to change, and then left it in panel four. I didn't notice in the third panel that they probably went back into the bathroom, not exiting the little hallway they were located in panel 1. I bet the coloring will help differentiate the hallway/room.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

https://www.instagram.com/p/BwVB3gSnuXM/

Looks like Scotty Young is done with Deadpool now (if "wrapped" means what I think it does). Which is fine by me, as I thought it was one of the worst runs after Way's back half of his writing. I love Young's work in other stuff (I hope you all are reading Middlewest), but he didn't see to be able to pick up Deadpool well.

I haven't looked at previews in a while. Does anyone know who is writing after him?

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

That's clearly a 4.2.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

https://twitter.com/georgegustines/status/1126881129338949632

quote:

Each page of the comic will correlate to one year in Marvel history. Along the way, readers will see many of the marquee characters from the mighty Marvel universe like Captain America, Thor and Iron Man, and some less familiar ones, like Blue Marvel, Night Thrasher and the Three X’s.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Thankfully that cover doesn't have first appearance Squirrel Girl...

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

https://twitter.com/ryanqnorth/status/1131551442056220672
:rip: :smith:

IUG fucked around with this message at 14:50 on May 23, 2019

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

site posted:

Marvel out here doing the most to get me to stop giving them money

Tell me about it. I've been thinking of giving up floppies except I really like my shop, and SG was always going to be immune from that happening. It's a good thing I like Hickman and have been wanting Marvel to fix X-Men, otherwise I would have maybe just the new Gwenpool and that's it from Marvel.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

And that's it's really like #58 thanks to Marvel's stupid renumbering spurt they went through. I mean, they still do, but not as bad as two #1s in one year.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

I assume those are DC characters?

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Who the gently caress are Sword Master and Aero?

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Yeesh, did Loki cast a spell to make everyone melt?

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

I remember the Howard the Duck Marvel Zombies being alright. But as I type that, I realize I can't really remember much from it.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Open Marriage Night posted:

What the hell was the ending to X-Men Grand Design? Like, it swerved into some weird alternate reality stuff.

Yup, that was Days of Future Past.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

X-O posted:

New X-Men titles being announced?

Awe, I was getting myself excited that they would change the name of the team to drop the "Men" out of the name.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

site posted:

tbh i found the phrasing of "curing diseases of the mind" fairly suspect

I was thinking about that too, considering it listed two omega level mutants, Legion and Jamie Bradock, two mutants who have mental illness. But then again, those pills were listed being for humans.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Where was Xavier "full rear end in a top hat mode"? I read that Astonishing X-Men series as one of my last X-Series after Rosenburg came on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

I am so sorry that we did this to you. :ohdear:
*dunks you in a tank*