Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

If you think you're gonna get sympathy from the shark, well then, you won't.

X-O posted:

History of the Marvel Universe #6 basically confirmed this with its look into the future.

Also congrats to Tony Stark and Emma Frost on their upcoming nuptials I guess.

Well that sure is something nobody ever wanted ever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

Yeah my dick gives you cancer, so what?

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

New Warriors was the 90’s, especially the earnest and embarrassingly clueless attempts to be progressive. They even had a handicapable female minority superhero, and a character whose superpower was kickin rad skateboard tricks.

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

It's maybe the best mainstream comic book currently being published.

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

For a (very apropos) second, I thought the "Chris Claremont" label was attached to the giant pile of money and not the guy in the X-Man t-shirt.

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

Doom, Conan, and Dr. Strange went on a magical adventure recently, and it was everything I never knew I wanted.

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

How Wonderful! posted:

Couldn't he just get killed by Apocalypse and sort the whole thing out?
In the (not very good) X-Men/Fantastic Four miniseries they implied that the loss of his powers has an underlying cosmic cause, so destroying and resurrecting his body wouldn't fix it unless you first found and removed the cause at the source.

Also everyone was too damned scared of Sue Storm to even think about it.

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

Yeah that's up there with the Medieval Spawn lawsuit in being one of the greatest own goals in comics legal history.

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

Happy Hippo posted:

I'm working my way through X-Men chronologically and I'm in '83 right now and Claremont is still in his "Storm absolutely must get naked at least every three issues" phase. Rogue was just introduced so I'm imagining that she's next because a naked Rogue is a very dangerous Rogue.

I swear to god someone in management must have had a talk with him at some point because soon after that he transitioned to “and in this story the x-men’s uniforms are shredded, reducing them to wearing Mad Max style scraps” every five issues instead of Storm shower scenes and Hellfire Club corsets.

So much Savage Land.

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

X-O posted:

Still waiting on the marriage of Tony Stark and Emma Frost though.
On the one hand, it's stupid and I don't like it.

On the other hand, it will inevitably feature the White Queen in a flying diamond-armored mecha-corset.

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

Yeah, if it's not a misdirect it's straight up garbo.

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

It makes perfect sense; wolverine’s claws extrude out of portals to the claw dimension.

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

The Question IRL posted:

Funny, my mind goes to the first Authority series. Maybe it's the artwork of Byran Hitch?

If I was asked to define it, I would say it was very much a conscious decision bu the artist/writer to have a team that is devoted to dealing with threats that effect millions of lives, if not the entire planet or more of space.

It is story telling on a grand scale trying to emulate a Hollywood Blockbuster film but as a comic.

The thing I'll always associate with "Widescreen" comics was Nick Fury and Hank Pym in the Ultimates 1 debating which actor would play them in the movie version, and Nick Fury looking full on into the fourth wall and saying "I hope it's Samuel L Jackson."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

Mr Hootington posted:

They should do this for real. Everyone would be angry and the unhinged takes would be great.

I’m in favor of it just so I can see people who haven’t been paying attention lose their minds in real time when Wolverine is one of the ones that gets sent to Wokeworld.

Old Kentucky Shark fucked around with this message at 20:58 on Dec 10, 2022