Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Wanderer posted:

Well, depopulated in the sense that the people got wiped out. There's even a bit in the new issue where a group of refugees tried to get downtown and went from 100 people to less than 10 due to monster attacks.

It's the kind of thing that makes it difficult to swallow any kind of back-to-normal ending.

I felt that way after what happened to Paris in Fear Itself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

quote:

The most shocking and incredible comic of 2019 is here

I'm sure Cadaverous will be an important new character in the Marvel Universe and this series will be as fondly remembered as BATTLE SCARS

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Stryfe better update his motherfuckin' Strike Files because CADAVEROUS is coming to town and nothing will ever be the same

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

IUG posted:

Who the gently caress are Sword Master and Aero?

quote:

The first ever Chinese superheroes created by the Marvel franchise made their online debuts this week on the website of NetEase, one of China’s leading internet technology companies.

Sword Master and Aero are the central characters in two new online comics designed to attract more fans in China and across East Asia. The former made his debut on Wednesday, while the latter made hers the following day, both on 163.com.

While the pair exist in the modern world and their storylines are heavily influenced by Chinese culture, they will also interact with other characters from the Marvel universe, NetEase said in a statement.

That fantasy world is home to such globally recognised names as Spider-Man, Iron Man and the Hulk, to name but three.

lmao thank you for using QQ

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

sammyv posted:

I hope being dead for years didn't marr his descriptive touch. Cadaverous better be ready for some white-hot jagged shards of hate!

aw man according to the Strike Files on hate, the absolute worst way to receive it is from white-hot jagged shards!!

R.I.P. Cadaverous, your name was in a thesaurus

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

- and his name is Cadaverous.

-

- It means "dead" or "dead-like." He's gonna be, like — okay, what's the last thing you want to see happen to Spider-Man.

-

- No. Dying. See, the thing with Cadaverous, is that he is, like, death in some way.

-

- I didn't ask him. He's a smart kid, though, he was reading in, like, kindergarten.

-

- Probably books. Definitely whole words, his mother never told me about sentences in her excitement. I trust my family.

-

- Well, I do too. Thank you.

-

- The idea is like, Spider-Man is really good at crime-fighting! And web-slinging! I love the guy. Pete. He's relatable because after he does that he's like sheesh and eats a pizza.

-

- Ha ha ha yeah a little sarcastic, like Han Solo. Like "can you believe it?" But you believe it. But Han Solo is like, it's okay not to believe it, a little, because it's crazy.

-

- No.

-

- So I want to see what if he's making jokes but then a guy comes up who's, like, death. Well and I mean my son helped me with this idea, too. Obviously. Partial credit. Cadaverous. This guy, he's gonna kill Spider-Man.

-

- I know! And that's why it's scary. What if the ultimate good guy was against the ultimate bad idea, which is death. Cadaverous.

-

- You know those books, "Official Marvel Universe Handbook"? We got them off the internet.

-

- Oh, well, they're neat. They have all this poo poo you probably don't care about but anyway, there's no Cadaverous.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Can’t wait for Cadaverous to end in wherever it is the other created in a spider-book sensation, Alpha, is nowadays if he’s still alive.

He's gonna spooky-eye Mumm-Ra some D-listers to death, because this is an ideal jumping-on point for new readers!!

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

X-O posted:

Are you ok? It seems to me that this solicit for a book nobody really cares about at all has really thrown you for a loop.

Is making fun of hype forbidden or is it only when it pertains to CADAVEROUS, AN IMPORTANT NEW CHARACTER IN THE MARVEL UNIVERSE from a BREAKTHROUGH NEW TALENT who ISN'T RELATED TO ANYONE

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Edge & Christian posted:

Man this is pretty easy, is there a market for this? Is the Outhousers still around?

Battle Scars was an important new comic introducing an important new character into the Marvel Universe.

I checked with the Punisher and he told me it's okay.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

X-O posted:

Had no idea who Christopher Cantwell was before this issue but I legit loved the first issue of Doctor Doom.

It is unfortunate though that anyone searching him on Google will first stumble upon someone with the same name that is definitely not him though. It's a tough draw to share a name with someone who is infamously a literal piece of poo poo.

‘Halt And Catch Fire’ Showrunner Wants You To Please Stop Confusing Him With A White Supremacist

Halt and Catch Fire was a really good show; it took a little bit to set up the board and get moving, but I'd recommend it to just about anyone.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

It's the Looter.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Synesthesian Fetish posted:

Sorry to go off topic but can someone help me locate a Spider-Man issue from the early 90s? Spider-man was tutoring this massive hulk-like creature on how to be a super hero or something like that. Any help?

Was it Captain Zero? Not quite Hulk-level but definitely oversized, simple-minded, and strong enough to cause significant structural damage while trying to be a super hero.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

It's hardly Current Events, but I've been following the old CMRO to finally read the mid-90s Spider-Man titles from the point at which I originally fell off. I don't think they're as bad as they're made out to be, but good grief are they ever frustrating sometimes.

Oh, hey, there's a sentient and apparently empathic blob of slime in the sewers following around the conflict between Spider-Man and the Scorpion (who is, himself, going through a potentially interesting "quit the gig" character moment). Is this, like, a rogue piece of Man-Thing? What's going on?

nope it's a blob of slime now and forever simply referred to as "Slime" and it will never been seen or referred to again

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Lobok posted:

This might not be what you're talking about but 90s Spider-Man is tough to read if you're doing the CMRO thing. Having to switch and cycle through four or five different titles makes every story disjointed, even if it is the only way to get the overall complete picture of what's happening to the character.

Oh, yeah, it's a bumpy ride for sure and you sort of have to mentally sand down the edges that don't fit neatly, but apart from doing the admirably insane Marvel Chronology Project thing and slicing up each individual comic book into chronological panels and pages, it still works surprisingly... okay.

You can sort of tell when editorial was and was not paying attention.

How Wonderful! posted:

Minor spoilers for Immortal Hulk #38.

This is so, so neat. Thank you for catching this and writing it up! Immortal Hulk is one of those books that I let pile up for a few months and then re-read straight through again from the start.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Lobok posted:

Uhhh wtf

Get in there and check it out.

I actually think this is neat as hell. I don't know if anyone will ever, practically speaking, use it as anything other than a rough guide to follow a character, but still.

Jordan7hm posted:

Nah it rules

Correct

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Metalshark posted:

Really recommend people read this one-off story about JJJ in Peter Parker, The Spectacular Spider-Man Vol 1 #80. It's a hoot.

When I was a kid, I didn't read Spectacular or Web* because I only had so much money for comics and I'd gotten it into my head that Amazing was the "real" and therefore "best" Spider-Man to be read. I missed out on some really good stuff, but it was a treat to go back and binge-read it all.

*Unless I got the odd issue in a three-pack.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

TwoPair posted:

(I mean who wants to watch a Deathlok flick)

I did and it was pretty good: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Upgrade_(film)

Kidding aside, I dropped the McDuffie Michael Collins Deathlok comics on the person who showed me that movie in response, and she loved them.