Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
That mean Gwenpool is going to be in Squirrel Girl?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I just want more SG team ups, either in their book or in hers. I'd imagine Gwenpool would be someone that is unique in that she's someone that could actually annoy Squirrel Girl to distraction.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I imagine between Kate and America, Quire will be dunked on continuously for his his.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Ditko has gone to the great Gulch in the sky.

How many issues is Marvel rising? Its numbering has been really confusing, and the way the last issue ends makes it sound like it all ties up in the next issue.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

howe_sam posted:

Seems to be two more issues, Ms. Marvel/Squirrel Girl, then marvel rising: omega.

Its really confusing how its numbered, but that makes sense in the number of issues. I guess I shouldn't have expected it to be longer if its mostly just to get people interested in the upcoming show.

And yea I had to cancel a bunch of books because I don't have the money I used to have, so i had to be careful. Lucky there's only one Avengers right now, and a bunch of other books ended that I can replace, like Hawkeye will be replaced by West Coast Avengers.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Its amazing how Marvel struggles but when I hear whats going on in DC books I'm just "ugh really? that's whats happening? Why are people buying this?".

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Teenage Fansub posted:

Who's struggling? This month with Batman #50 it might be different, but Marvel always has the bigger market share, even if they don't dominate the top spots.

I'm corrected then. i assumed the fact DC was always dominant in the top 10 sales meant that had the stronger sales over all.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Goons were right 100% about X-23, it feels like a continuation of Taylor's book.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Waffleman_ posted:

The Marvel Rising trailer had a lot of good chemistry between Kamala and Doreen. Good BFFs.

Since Doreen is already going to be in the MCU, she should be in Kamala's movie

I like they kept Doreen's thicccness. It is intresting they gave Gwen Gwenpool's pink dye job.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Gaz-L posted:

Tamaki is real good and she can absolutely do lots of differing tones. I think people got worried because of the covers and the fact that her She-Hulk book was about trauma survival, but it also had cute stuff like Jen's coping mechanism being watching baking videos on YouTube.

I never read her she hulk, but the cover and the name regression had me somewhat worried, but as soon as I saw that the book was about Gabby and Laura on a mission, I was pretty sold.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Yea that Gwenpool based on Giruhuru art is super awesome. Much better than the Legends, which is fine, just not Giruhuru.

Also this cracks me up

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Did anyone else have have a misprint in Marvel Rising? The page with the heroes confronting the villain is printed twice.

But yea, its really, really good.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

IUG posted:

Yup. Had the page with the Deadpool villian trading card twice. Once two pages before it was supposed to show up. I think it replaced another page, as later in the background you can see some kind of Hulk guillotine in the last pages that is never addressed.

And I am sure that Arcade was revealed in that page before the heroes get back from WoW Land.

Armored level 60 tippy :allears:

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Endless Mike posted:

Did you not see the page of Wolverine grabbing Kitty (who is 13) and spanking her? I don't blame you for not clicking through, though.

Jesus this is like some rapey fan comic.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

enigmahfc posted:

That's hot.

I mean gross. That's gross.
phew, close one.

You might be getting it confused with the panels from this one with Kitty and Illyana I once saw. Uh by total accident, yea that's the ticket.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Its not really dumb just....kind of boring. Some vague hussar coat thing.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

rantmo posted:

Only in Madripoor. There's a guy called Patch there with the same haircut, it's the damndest thing.

There's no way Patch could be Logan, Logan as two eyes!

I love Wolverine but I'm eh about him coming back. It's not like we don't have two pefectly snik bubs right now.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

I want Quire and Gwenpool snogging just for the gently caress of it and not because they're dating.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Kalan needs a ongoing, or at least a longer mini.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Edge & Christian posted:

He's the head writer of the new MST3K now. He also moved to LA and had a child in the past few years, he's pretty busy and I could have sworn he said that was what was keeping him from projects like writing comics but I can't find it online. It might have been at some live show I saw him at in Brooklyn prior to him moving west?

He straight up told me that he's willing, just Marvel hasn't had any open spots for him. That and he and Joel really wants to do Inframan for MST3K.

I really enjoyed West Coast Avengers. It actually makes me want to dig up some of the old series, as honestly, I never read it because why would I want to read about a bunch of second tier Avengers?

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
My friends podcast just did Vision Quest, which uh, I thought might have been an outlyer of WCA stuff, but nope looks like its pretty standard. Wanda giving Wonderman and non consensual handy :stare:

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Wanderer posted:

I feel like "all of Moon Knight's throwing weapons were designed in ancient Egypt by a time-traveling Hawkeye" is something we don't talk about enough.

That was brought up too. Like uuuuh whats going on there?

I have some issues with the geography in Life of Captain Marvel. The Somewhere in Canada looks a hell of a lot like the west, so Manitoba, Saskatchewan and Alberta. Blue lady steals a boat to go to Maine, which is closest to New Brunswick and Nova Scotia, and the boats seen there are very clearly east coast fishing boats. Driving across most of Canada in a lovely pickup would take months, and its clear that this issue happens fairly soon.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Lobok posted:

If it's not America then just expect a mish-mash of notable scenery and favourite stereotypes. Mounties earn their stripes by making the one-week horseback trip from the CN Tower to the Rockies where they climb to the top to be anointed by the Prime Minister using beer from the Stanley Cup.

That last part is true though.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
That actually sounds kind of cool actually. A lot better than Simon being raped.

Ugh Why do my favorite characters keep getting treated like crap by writers?

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Is that Nico and Karolina?

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Onmi posted:

I really do get annoyed at the "Let's take this thing and boil it down to the silliest way we can make it sound" because... well because it's extremely lovely.

The actual complaint is that Spider-Man's got a graphical downgrade compared to the trailers being shown, now if you play any video games and track them to release your response is probably "No poo poo that's every game." And it is, but were still upset and one of the 'pieces of evidence' was that reflections were no longer in the game.

It's... the DmC thing again, where people had a lot of complaints about DmC, but they all latched on to "People are mad that Dante's hair isn't white."

Now, again, this is every game, honestly at this point, if you're shocked that trailers showing off a game looked better than the actual game winds up looking... buddy... I got a bridge to sell you.

There is actually a story here, it's "Stop buying into preview trailers and preordering things." Not "Video Gamers complain about a puddle, LOL!"

Yea, but some screenshots look better than the pre release one.

https://youtu.be/0i8AS870ACI?t=2m30s

It really is nerds being mad at puddles.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Vault of Spiders sounds like a D&D adventure. Also i'm pretty sure I've had that nightmare.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Man its too bad Marvel Rising has the worst number system ever because its a great book for all ages. I really did want to see Squirrel Girl punch Arcade right in the face. He's such an rear end in a top hat.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Onmi posted:

I personally am glad they mass murdered a bunch of teenage heroes to 'rehabilitate' Arcade and then put him exclusively in comedy All-Ages books where he's a goof. For the record, it's the first part that annoys me, not the second.

I, like most people, pretend that book didn't happen.

Also big fan of She Hulk sliding into home, you know Jen has always wanted to do that.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Creamfilled posted:

Sadly, some of the deaths seem to have stuck. Man, Avengers Arena was so awfully timed and conceived! Coming off the back of, what I thought was a positive ending for Avengers Academy, just to murder some of the fan favourites from it!

When I was reading it I thought at the end was going to end up that the whole thing was a simulation, but nope!

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

rantmo posted:

Anyone who doesn't want Benjamin Jacob Grimm to be happy is a monster.

And that's why Reed is the worst.

Can Singularity become a regular in Ms Marvel? I miss that happy sentient galaxy.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I'm surprised they haven't done a one shot or limited series starring the Sam Wilson Captain America. That's Samantha Wilson.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
What the hell is with the outfit Typoid Mary is wearing on that Iron Fist cover? Is her plan to distract Danny with nipslips?

Nico wearing a "Halloween Pride" shirt on that Holiday issue :allyears:

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

:stare: It may be a shadow but I totally see a nipple there.

I liked the outfit she had in Deadpool vs Hawkeye.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I am so down with the Avengers living in the body of a Celestial at the North Pole.

Also people currently hooking up - Thor/Shehulk, Gwenpool/Quiten Quire

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Everyone always forgets The Brood Saga.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Squirrel Girl still so good. Also give North a Black Widow series.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I enjoyed Pleasant Hills. And more fuel to the Maria Hill is terrible fire.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
So happy Wasp is back. I was too into Ying singing Tegan and Sara.

Red ending isn't surprising, but still sad. Hopefully Gabby and/or Laura will be frontline in the new Uncanny once they team is settled.

Or They can start a new New Mutants/Young Avengers team.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I love sexy ladies, but I don't need sexy ladies ALL the time in EVERYTHING like a lot of nerds seem to need.