Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

More like Memephisto

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Sinners Sandwich posted:

Was MJ's plane death presented as an obvious red herring, something fishy going on for a couple months or was it a complety bizarre way to shelf a character? I read the issue where she comes back but no idea when she died.
I think it was just a way to shelve her for a little while, the writer who conceived of the plane crash (Howard Mackie) brought her back at the end of his run. I think it was roughly only about 10-15 issues anyway. I started reading around that time also. The whole thing was wrapped up in the Amazing Spider-Man 2001 Annual iirc.

Covok posted:

Huh, I thought it was always established that Mary Jane was the playful assertive party girl with self-respect. The type who liked to have fun when they were younger. But, grew up because, well, people tend to. Into a person who was still fun-loving, but responsible.
That's kind of what happened, the big watershed moment was after Gwen's death. She visits Peter and he snaps at her because of her party girl lifestyle, and tells her to leave. She turns to do so, but instead closes the door and stays to comfort him. I don't know whether she was written somewhat inconsistently after that, though.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Gavok posted:

8) Electro figures out that Daredevil is blind. It... actually has a happy ending! Crazy, since regular Daredevil comics are usually super depressing.
Fixed.