Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

site posted:

Marketing says this is how we get a boost in post count

I concur

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Open Marriage Night posted:

What's that Spider-Man issue with the holographic cover and the double page splash of Spidey and Spider-Man 2099, with their respective cities behind them?

I think it's Amazing #365

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

I am really mad at Death of the Inhumans, y'all.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Covok posted:

The difference being no one likes Inhumans so no one's going to be mad.

I mean I really like the Inhumans. Loved Jenkins' and Jae Lee's 12 issue maxi-series. And I'm probably in the minority that loved them when they took over the Kree in War of Kings.

I just hate how they were shoved down all our throats as replacement mutants and now that X-Men is back in, they're just being swept under the rug in the absolute worst way.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Isn't Brawn an Autobot?

Quit stealin' names, Marvel!! :doom:

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Covok posted:

I actually forget if Spider-Man revealed his identity. But, Peter knew Flashes' identity.

He did at the end.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Onmi posted:

Spencers Spiderman isn't the most awful thing in the world

And Peter and MJ are back together for now

Not a fan of Spencer at all, but I am happy about that part at least.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Skwirl posted:

There's a new Darkhawk series? Also speaking of 90's as hell poo poo, how's the Ben Reilly: Scarlet Spider series, I know people didn't like it when it started but enough time has passed that maybe it found its voice?

It's a 4 issue mini-series tied in with Infinity Countdown or whatever the hell it's called

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Endless Mike posted:

I haven't read the last issue, so I might be wrong, but it only loosely ties in, and I think even people not reading the main mini could read it without a problem.

Yeah it only ties in with The Raptors. I like it and really hope Cosmic Marvel has another resurgence like it did after Annihilation.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Skwirl posted:

Is it going to be in continuity with the main line? Like I'm not expecting it to crossover with the next event book or whatever, but is it going to be a separate universe like Ultimate or Marvel Adventures?

I'm guessing separate universe because it would be really loving weird to have another comic book company do stories that were in the same universe. Just my take.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Dunbar posted:

https://twitter.com/GWillowWilson/status/1019595127814172673

Anyone happen to check this out today? I wouldn't have otherwise been interested in it but I don't often see Willow promote books like that.

I might give it a go when I get home today.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Diet Poison posted:

Spider-Man teams up with The Vulture to fight The Vulture. Captain Holt disapproves of Spider-Man until he helps catch Wuntsch in a corruption scandal. Everyone in the precinct has had a "the time I met Spider-Man" moment except for Jake, who puts himself in increasingly dangerous situations until he is finally saved from certain death... by Daredevil.

Oh my god I would watch/read this

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

site posted:

Im not gonna lie, i was souring on it until the last couple pages of this weeks issue

Yeah this issue turned me around on it.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

site posted:

tbh bw i cant remember if youre a minority of some sort so im gonna try and be nice about this

obviously its not comparable in how bad it is, but its still a person outside a marginalized group appropriating insider language in a way that is offensive to the marginalized group, without any thought as to whether it was appropriate for them to do so in the first place and most likely without caring if it is even if they are told so

e: i need to start an xls of who is a minority in here so i can remember who i should and should not be yelling at lol

I'm a minority of a minority cuz I'm a half-breed. Just an fyi

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Infinity Wars looks loving confusing to me.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

X-O posted:

Ok. Good for you.

lmao

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Rhyno posted:

Don't encourage his support of rotten writers.

We're going to disagree on this one because my excitement for the FF being back outweighs my dislike of Slott.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Okay so I must admit, I am enjoying Amazing so far. Also liked FF even though nothing really happened in the issue.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Lmao DC and Marvel keep trying to one up the other in bad decisions.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

I guess Wolverine is getting a new, dumb costume.

https://comicbook.com/marvel/2018/08/20/wolverine-new-costume-black-suit-declan-shalvey-marvel/

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

lmao

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Never read much Conan, but I will definitely read this because I love Aaron's work.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Endless Mike posted:

It's weird because the War of Realms is a thing that's been *happening* for like five real world years, but since it hasn't really hit Asgard(ia) or Midgard yet, it's only mentioned as a thing here and there and only when it influences events that affect Thor. Like, I feel like Marvel could make a whole second series about what's going on in, like, Svartalfheim (with Aaron at least having veto power on major events to not mess with his story) and I'm actually kind of surprised they haven't tried.

Didn't it already hit Asgard in the form of the Mangog?

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

He last showed up in Ultimates 2. Don’t think he’s been around since?

He was in New Avengers as the leader of W.H.I.S.P.E.R., but that might have taken place before his Ultimates 2 appearance.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Metalshark posted:

Yeah, the background details and gags are hilarious, but his action is so kinetic & flows, and the dude is so inventive*. Really enjoyed how he had Laura mirroring a Cuckoo's pose at the end of #1, and the split panels you posted are so effective. He's getting more and more consistent since the Elektra mini and his previous ANW arc, so hopefully he stays on X-23 for a long time, because ANW never having consistency between arcs was a shame.

*Drawing all these covers, I mean, goddamn.

Tamaki's deliberate writing style, wringing out all the tension and emotion of the plot, is a really great fit for X-23 too, and the colours and lettering are supporting this so well.

I'd read the gently caress out of all those comics.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Blockhouse posted:

Donny Cates and Geoff Shaw are your new Guardians of the Galaxy creative team, coming next year.

gently caress. I guess I'm reading Guardians again.

Now if I could get a new Nova series.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

love Saladin's work.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Beerdeer posted:

Poor Cannonball. Give him some time with his wife and kid.

Unless they're dead already in which case bring them back.

Did I miss something? I haven't read much this week.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

hahahahahaha nice

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

cant cook creole bream posted:

Meh, Rogue and Gambit was more interesting.

Yeah but this is like 50 years overdue.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Codependent Poster posted:

I'm pretty sure it was in Uncanny Avengers.

Yeah it was in the first couple issues of the second Uncanny Avengers series.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Open Marriage Night posted:

It's where Sabertooth is on the team, and they go to Counter Earth. It was a let down after how much fun the Apocalypse Twins stuff was, but it had some real nice art.

Yeah I loved the art! Story...not so much.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Alaois posted:

he's currently the leader of Weapon X, the incredibly heroic team consisting of himself, Lady Deathstrike, Omega Red, Mystique and Domino.

so yes, he's still good.

Weapon X Force :colbert:

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

X-O posted:

I mean he clearly says "To me my Weapon X-Men" as he he's being dragged near death. Come on guys.

Yeah but he called it Weapon X Force in the latest issue.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

This week's Thor was loving amazing.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

:wow: Just read Zdarsky's last issue of Spectacular. Absolutely loved it. Over the course of his run, I felt like it lost itself, but god drat he ended the run strong.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

DivineCoffeeBinge posted:

Actually isn't he hanging out in Wierdworld these days?

Yeah that's what I thought. And he's bad now.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

X-O posted:

I gotta admit, I was excited when I first heard the concept and was kind of liking it for an issue or two but Coates has got to get off the Space Wakanda stuff pretty soon or I'm done with the book. It's just not very good at all.

Yeah it's really dragging. I'm probably sticking with it because I love the art and I do like space stuff. But drat...it looks like this is going on for another 12 issues.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Teenage Fansub posted:

Kelly Thompson's writing the next Captain Marvel run. Carmen Carnero on art.
https://www.nytimes.com/2018/10/02/arts/captain-marvel-new-comic-series.html

For a second I was like "wtf, they're re-starting her series AGAIN?" but then I realized that her current series is a 12 issue maxi-series.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

howe_sam posted:

"Carol Danvers was always part Kree" (or at least that's my guess for the big reveal the series has been teasing) is a five issue miniseries.

Thompson is one of my favorite writers at Marvel so of course I'm excited to see what she can do with Carol, and bringing Jess Drew back is just the icing on the cake

Oh it's 5? I have no idea why I thought it was 12.