Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Snackmar
Feb 23, 2005

I'M PROGRAMMED TO LOVE THIS CHOCOLATY CAKE... MY CIRCUITS LIGHT UP FOR THAT FUDGY ICING.
What's the deal with Captain Britain and Psylocke there? Is Betsy back in her original body? Did the original person re-assert control over the ninja assassin body?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snackmar
Feb 23, 2005

I'M PROGRAMMED TO LOVE THIS CHOCOLATY CAKE... MY CIRCUITS LIGHT UP FOR THAT FUDGY ICING.
I withdraw my question :psyduck:

Snackmar
Feb 23, 2005

So I don't think I knew before today that Marvel brought Captain America into the MU before Avengers #4..

Strange Tales #114

He's actually The Acrobat posing as Cap in order to commit crimes, but it was published as a tryout to see if people wanted Captain America to join the MU for real. (as I understand it, the Timely/Atlas comics that predated Marvel and Fantastic Four #1 weren't technically part of the Marvel Universe at first, though eventually tons of it was later retconned in)

The origin of Johnny's famous catchphrase, "Nobody scoops mud up at The Human Torch!":

An amazing temper tantrum. Also.. why does his girlfriend Doris have such long legs??

Snackmar
Feb 23, 2005

Skwirl posted:

That's Jim Hammond, he killed Hitler.

Edit: I guess not, I just assumed.

To be fair, I assume Jim Hammond also does not like having mud scooped up at him

Snackmar
Feb 23, 2005

Yvonmukluk posted:

So it's official: they unmasked Spider-Man in Civil War because they already had OMD planned.

I mean, we all knew it, but I think this is the first time it's been confirmed in writing.

I saw this article going around earlier, but I'm 99% positive that Tom Brevoort explicitly said this years ago on his FormSpring..

Snackmar
Feb 23, 2005

Edge & Christian posted:

It's a lot of weird projection. One valid criticism is that none of the times that Bendis has done this story has the cover been this:

Which is at least more eye-catching.

Oh gently caress, I've been trying to remember where this story is from for years! Just pulled it up - the sequence where the immortal repeatedly dies, gets reborn, and suffocates for weeks in the spaceship has been stuck in my head since childhood

Snackmar
Feb 23, 2005

Archyduchess posted:

Also can I say that wherever it emerged from and from whoever's mouth, the "dead gay forum" meme loving sucks and if you're not personally either gay or dead (I'm only one of these but I'll never say which) I don't think you should say it. I don't know a thing about most goons' personal lives so who am I to judge, but I definitely side-eye every post it pops up in.

Agreed - though it does have a sort of sweet origin from an old movie where a pair of teens set up a double murder of a bullying football star and his friend. They pose the bodies in a way that they think will get a rise out of people because they assume the town is homophobic, but at the funeral the football star's dad tearfully declares "I love my dead gay son!"

(at least i'm assuming that was the origin..)

Snackmar
Feb 23, 2005

Argue posted:

Norman (from another earth) kidnaps a kid and says he'll kill him unless Otto visibly and undeniably kills three innocent people on camera. Otto decides he can't beat Norman, but maybe the man he once was can, so he calls Mephisto, and the only deal Mephisto will accept is where Otto reverts to his old self permanently. We never see Otto actually accept the deal, so I really hope it's a fakeout, but the last page is classic Doc Ock beating up thugs. So I really hope we're not three for three on Spider-men making deals with Mephisto.

:wtf: :psyduck: :wtf:

That's.. Like I get it, you don't want to lose your good villains to hero or anti-hero status or there'll be no one to punch, but geez

Snackmar
Feb 23, 2005

Marvel Zombies Venomies

Snackmar
Feb 23, 2005

I'm just hoping it gets ignored until it's historical.. The last thing I want to read right now is a morose issue of Spider-Man contemplating "the real heroes" etc. That never, ever looks good no matter how well-intentioned

Edit: actually I guess I wouldn't mind an anthology series that's just off to the side.. something that looks at marvel life in the pandemic at street level etc but is maybe out of continuity? (but save the speeches)

Snackmar fucked around with this message at 05:15 on May 4, 2020

Snackmar
Feb 23, 2005

I think that string of posts is a crappy thing to do.

Snackmar
Feb 23, 2005

I mean Banner and Hulk have different hair anyway so it doesn’t have to be anything complicated, but also Red Hulk should just have a dang mustache

Snackmar
Feb 23, 2005

JordanKai posted:

Because it's Halloween season, babey! :spooky:

Can Spider-Man survive.. The Pumpkin Patch??

Snackmar
Feb 23, 2005

Aren't there still a couple of Counter Earths out there? Surely we could borrow a Counter Moon to replace the one that was destroyed :D

Snackmar
Feb 23, 2005

Marvel is still paying people to draw characters' breasts that way, eh?

Snackmar
Feb 23, 2005

Cartridgeblowers posted:

Re: Strange - great, great ending. Did Sentry survive that final explosion? I think this would be a good way to revive him (why yes of course I know I'm the only person alive who likes the Sentry why do you ask?)

I like the Sentry! If he doesn't make sense to keep around all the time, it'd be nice to see new Age of the Sentry type mini once in a while

Snackmar
Feb 23, 2005

Upsidads posted:

i want a riddler to be emo phillips full stop

only if you can work in judy tenuta as well

Snackmar
Feb 23, 2005

Edge & Christian posted:

- 25 Years: Karen Page (January 1999 to present)

Oh wow, I haven't followed much Marvel or DC stuff in a while but I totally assumed that this would've been undone already

Snackmar
Feb 23, 2005

thetoughestbean posted:

Apparently there is now a clone of Beast with his 1985 New Defenders memories and personality and the X-Men have officially had enough of current Beast’s bullshit

That sounds like an excellent plan to finally rehabilitate the character. Heck, you could even keep current Beast around as the new Dark Beast and send the AoA one back to his own universe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snackmar
Feb 23, 2005

Joe Fisto posted:

This is the only time I’ve suffered Land art in recent years, BECAUSE it’s artificiality fit the story

I think he'd be great on some kind of mecha title or other robot-related book, I like how he draws Iron Man. (like the armour, not Tony)