Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

Trolling Link for a decade

I'd be willing to bet they just use it like they used Scourge, they'll off some minor super villains that were lovely in the first place (Ringer, Turner D. Century, whoever the current Stilt-Man or Stilt-Woman is) and then have someone else take over their roles like they were crappy franchises..

I see this as Magneto being so ridiculously bored and in control of his powers that he now chooses to channel his power through seemingly harmless household utensils. He then proceeds to take down the Rhino using nothing but a bent paper clip.

Binary Badger fucked around with this message at 15:10 on May 5, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

Oliver Coipel's variant cover for The Rise Of Ultraman..

Also incoming:

Cover by ALEX ROSS (posted across internet)
VARIANT COVER BY ED MCGUINNESS (posted across internet)
VARIANT COVER BY ADI GRANOV
SPIDER-MAN VARIANT BY OLIVIER COIPEL (here)
VARIANT COVER BY YUJI KAIDA
VARIANT COVER BY SKOTTIE YOUNG
ACTION FIGURE VARIANT COVER BY JOHN TYLER CHRISTOPHER

Binary Badger fucked around with this message at 18:43 on Jun 19, 2020

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

Here's the Adi Granov cover I mentioned earlier..

I can already guess the Skottie Young one is gonna be some super deformed caricature.

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

I dunno if Ultraman mugging Zetton for his lunch money is gonna be much of a thing anyway.

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

It seems like the current writer for Rise (and unfortunately Trials of Ultraman) just wanted to write a feeble, semi-useless Ultraman and rely on his massive storytelling skills on portraying hip young Japanese people vs old corrupt Japanese sterotypes to tell a story that only marginally involves giant rubber suits pounding on each other

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

As great as that cover is, the comic itself is a wet fart

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

That sounds a lot like What If #3, where Tony Stark built armor for Rick Jones, Giant Man and the Wasp that complimented the latter two's powers.

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

Gripweed posted:

I was going to mention the Great Ten, but the I remembered they're DC. So at least Marvel never introduced a superhero team built entirely on the premise that Chinese people are strange and a little scary.

In 2006, goddamn

It's not surprising that Grant Morrison was one of the Great Ten's creators.. you can literally see he had to have been responsible for some of the whackier members like Mother of Champions and Shaolin Robot..

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

Vulpes Vulpes posted:

Hey go get Moon Knight #1 today

It's quite good, it builds on his past instead of trying to wipe it away, like most other writers have done..

I can actually see vampires wanting to build pyramid schemes, seeing how much free time they have..

Also glad you kept Brooks Brothers Knight, it makes him a lot more approachable than Bleached Batman outfit.

Excellent artists you were pared with too..

Hey think you might wanna bring back Scarlett one more time? Interesting character..

Marc needs to continue to protect travellers by night, because no other hero really does..

Also great how he keeps an encyclopedic memory of possible foes, it helps avoid underestimating his foes or getting into cliched misunderstanding fights.. he lets Vermin know right away, he's willing to leave him alone if he leaves his 'flock' alone.. a refreshing and much more realistic approach than beating villains to near death.

Binary Badger fucked around with this message at 21:29 on Jul 21, 2021

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

I sure hope Vulpes somehow scripts in Ben F. somehow dumped into the modern world, polishing his glasses while huffing up a vape storm of weed

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

Party Boat posted:

Unlimited turned me into a Moon Knight Guy. I started with the 2014 Ellis run and just kept reading. Loved all of it apart from the Bemis run from 188-200 - I just didn't click with his take on the character.

Even the wacky / pointless Legacy Quest arc?

Definitely start with the Moench / Sienkiewicz run so you can appreciate how Ellis took the best elements from the other runs and refined / renewed the character in better ways.

Also, if you're a baseball fan, don't miss Bullseye: Perfect Game. Only 2 issues but a great story.

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

I like the way Duggan ended his run in Savage Avengers #28. Not gonna spoil, but it's very character-building for both Conan and Kang IMHO.

Superior.. Four?! I kind of thought the whole Superior / Otto thing was starting to get overdone, but it's kind of interesting to see where this whole thing will lead..

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

Bendis writes everyone's dialog as if they grew up on the streets of Brooklyn, or was MASH's Hawkeye. Even Galactus.

Throw in a petty, choppy conversation with tons of word balloons between the major players about nothing and you've just written a story Bendis style.

Also, write a sweeping amazing epic where you force everyone to buy every issue, decompression style, only to poo poo the landing

I'm amazed DC is letting him pull the same poo poo

Binary Badger fucked around with this message at 16:05 on Jan 23, 2022

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

Gripweed posted:

If it's a new Ultraman then even if the comic is cancelled that Ultraman will get a fun cameo in a movie or something. The current Marvel Ultraman will simply sink into nothingness without a ripple, and never be thought of again.

Much like the Harvey Comics version

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

Really, which one's that? The manga based on Sevenger?

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

Lobok posted:

The OG Moon Knight run is so so so so good.

Nothing beats the Bill Sienkiewicz / Doug Moench run in my opinion.

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

cant cook creole bream posted:

That bit of stupidity aside (there was a chance it could work.) it seems like a cool start of a series. Who do you guys think is the Avengers imposter?

Probably Iron Man, since he tells everyone to take five for no reason at all other than to monologue in front of a mirror.

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

I'm still waiting for the MoonCopter to make an appearance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

Vulpes Vulpes posted:

B-list oddballs is a lot of fun, but I think they were right to turn it down- that's basically Savage Avengers, not The Avengers. Not to take anything away from Savage Avengers, but ultimately they're different books with different expectations.

So editorial didn't want a reprise of Cap's Kooky Quartet, huh?

Moon Knight, Timeless, Black Cat have all been great books since you took over, can't wait to see you bring some street cred to what used to be an industry joke effort