Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Apraxin
Feb 22, 2006

General-Admiral
:allears: Genuinely loled at Gwen's 'I'm beginning to suspect I've been rebooted'.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Apraxin
Feb 22, 2006

General-Admiral

Synthbuttrange posted:

so like whats the point of spidergeddon, get rid of the expanded spiderverse cast

that you have a huge movie for right now

is that the point

Marvel?
Someone correct me, but I'm reasonably certain that we actually came out of Spider-Geddon with more alive, named Spider-People than we had going in.

Apraxin
Feb 22, 2006

General-Admiral

Argue posted:

Gah, I thought it was an ongoing. :( How about the new Gwen comic? Was that also just for the duration of 'geddon?
That one's a new ongoing, she's back in 65 as of next issue.

Apraxin
Feb 22, 2006

General-Admiral

Dawgstar posted:

I miss Silk's ongoing. :smith:
Amy Pascal apparently wants her in the (movie) Spider-Verse sequel, which I'm assuming based on how the first one's doing is more-or-less a lock at this point, so expect her to get a new one in a couple of years to tie in with that, hopefully.

Apraxin
Feb 22, 2006

General-Admiral
I know this month’s Ghost Spider was meant to be a generally solemn one, but Gwen’s suit adapting itself to be some ridiculous steampunk or Victorian Gothic thing depending on what world she was in was (I hope intentionally) hilarious.

Apraxin
Feb 22, 2006

General-Admiral

site posted:

It's not lost on me that they're saddling spider Gwen with the emotional weight of dealing with the aftermathof spidergeddon...
It kind of makes in-universe (multiverse?) sense I think, at least in so far she was the closest to the people who died, and the message from the last pages was that she’s dealing with it healthily and it’s not going to be a dark emotional focus going forward or anything.

Apraxin
Feb 22, 2006

General-Admiral

DivineCoffeeBinge posted:

I figured, which is why I wanted to say something (and checked with Seanan about it because I don't want to tell tales out of school). Yeah, she fought for that issue.
I doubt she'll be particularly moved to know that a random goon on the internet really likes her run so far, but I've got no social media accounts to tell her myself, so feel to pass it on if you think it's appropriate :).

Apraxin
Feb 22, 2006

General-Admiral

Lobok posted:

It looks like Spider-Man is just dropping out of the sky unconscious.
Spidey can be unconscious at any time of the day.

Apraxin
Feb 22, 2006

General-Admiral

El Tortuga posted:

Yes, it is.

R.I.P. Web Warriors. I should have made more people buy copies.
In the wise words of TVIV: if you didn't want it to be cancelled, you should have been more people.

But yeah, RIP, it was good dumb fun

Apraxin
Feb 22, 2006

General-Admiral

site posted:

bummer, wasp is actually acknowledging the janet/tony thing from slotts iron man

Can't win em all, I guess.

Apraxin
Feb 22, 2006

General-Admiral
Amazing Spider-Man: 'I saw you only as the Spider but now I realize that a man lies behind the mask; I truly see for the first time your hero's heart, your kindness, your nobilty. I see at last that you are not a beast.'

Gwen:

Apraxin
Feb 22, 2006

General-Admiral

DivineCoffeeBinge posted:

More people shoulda bought the book, then :(
Don’t think they’re ending the book, it’s continuing with the same creative team at least through to September. They’re just formally renaming it to Ghost Spider (and of course renumbering, because Marvel).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Apraxin
Feb 22, 2006

General-Admiral

Yvonmukluk posted:

Seeing Hastings come back was also nice.
Three entire years ago:

Today:

ACKNOWLEDGE ME, HASTINGS