Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ponsonby Britt
Mar 13, 2006
I think you mean, why is there silverware in the pancake drawer? Wassup?

bessantj posted:

I think the only X-Men member than hasn't at least been reduced to their underwear by now is Professor X.

Keep reading!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ponsonby Britt
Mar 13, 2006

Lord_Hambrose posted:

Thor is just a low rent Superman for the Avengers, and he just chucked the Clark Kent part in the trash almost immediately. I have liked the current story more than I expected, I thought Cates just doing bigger Galactus wasn't exciting at all but the Iron Man filler arc was fun enough I kept going. The King in Black stuff might be dumb as hell but you can tell Cates thinks so too. It is over the top and silly in a very particular way so it comes off more as fun than trying too hard.

Name one story with Donald Blake. It is nearly impossible unless it is three or four decades old.

1602, where Donald Blake is a devout Christian cleric who's having a really serious crisis of faith about the apparent existence of a pagan god in his brain.

Ponsonby Britt
Mar 13, 2006
I feel like the main problem of Civil War was that it started from the premise of "should superheroes be registered with the government instead of being vigilantes" and then ended up as a thinly veiled allegory for the Bush administration's attack on civil rights after 9/11. Either of those could have been a great story with a coherent, interesting political message behind it. But instead it shifted from one to the other over the course of the planning and execution of the event, and that shift is what caused the problems with it. They needed to just pick a lane.

Ponsonby Britt
Mar 13, 2006

Lobok posted:

You think this A stands for France was worth it if only for Brubaker having 616 Cap give a history lesson about the French Resistance.

Also "you think this E stands for America?" which is now its own sad time capsule due to nationalism.