Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BoldFrankensteinMir

The power to tip the exact minimum that the waiter still likes you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manifisto

ability to turn a can of lacroix into a different flavor of lacroix

however you can't specify the flavor, it's just a different one, and you can only do it once

BoldFrankensteinMir

The power to make the microwave stop and open without any noises at all.

BoldFrankensteinMir

The power to relay true stories of trophy fishing with unerring accuracy.

BoldFrankensteinMir

The power to absorb the food allergies of other super powered people.

Marta Velasquez

Good thing I was feeling suicidal this morning...
The power to know who in the room will correctly guess the number you are thinking of

BoldFrankensteinMir

-The power to edit out lame jokes-

kalel

You can turn any weekday into Wednesday, with everyone's schedules adjusting accordingly

Uses:

-favorite restaurant is closed on Monday
-cute librarian you want to talk to is off on Tuesday
-forgot to study for the test on Thursday
-favorite restaurant is too busy on Friday

Cyberpunkey Monkey

by Nyc_Tattoo
OP have you ever read the Xanth series?

And here is my contribution:

Total immunity to the color green.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!

Cyberpunkey Monkey posted:

And here is my contribution:

Total immunity to the color green.

I need to revisit Xanth

Peg Sliderskew
I actually have a real life mild superpower.

I can always find the end of a roll of sticky tape. Even when other people have scuffed up the tape by trying to gouge a hole where they think the end should be.

You may bow and scrape now.

Courtesy of Manifisto

Manifisto

hockey jockey posted:

I can always find the end of a roll of sticky tape. Even when other people have scuffed up the tape by trying to gouge a hole where they think the end should be.

:worship: the chosen one

Jellidelic

u can unmelt cheese

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!

hockey jockey posted:

The alien craft, bristling with weapons of advanced technological destruction that hummed menacingly from all about it's perimeter, left no doubt in anyone's mind Earth was doomed. And most likely, the SomethingAwful forums, too. The craft hovered a moment as pads on extended metallic rods slid out of the bottom of it. A line framed in light formed, becoming a square that became a doorway that slowly bent down toward the 'Yob. The forum grew silent. After a brief moment that seemed eternal, a tentacled appendage slid out of the craft, almost like an octopus only instead of hooked suckers, there were glowing purple circles that pulsed along the tentacle.

Moderators FluffyDuckie and Alnilam cautioned everyone to stay back. After a moment, the two moderators conversed and came up with a plan. "hockey jockey, would you please come here?" Fluffie asked. hockey jockey did. FluffieDuckie pointed at the tentacle, said something to hockey jockey, and knew what must be done. The tentacle awaited. At the end of is was a strange cylinder of some kind, with a sort of translucent material surrounding it's circumference. Several gouges could clearly be seen. Forums poster hockey jockey gingerly plucked the cylinder from the tentacled appendage and after the briefest of moments, produced a ripping sound as a ribbon of material was ripped off the roll.

He placed the roll back onto the appendage, which slithered into the craft and disappeared. The legs retreated back into the craft, and it left behind a glowing golden box. Earth was saved! There was a note on the box. FluffyDuckie and alnilam read it, and after a moment, revealed the contents of the letter:

"People of Earth,

We bought this roll of packing tape from a Dollar General Store because on the box it said "easy to use". It wasn't. We couldn't get our money back! We were so angry... but you allowed us to load a packing tape gun, and we are happy! It is now easy to use, and we will not have to destroy your world.

Thank You!

Sincerely,

A Highly Advanced, War-Crazed Race That Just Wanted Their Money Back

Inside the box was...

future posts, from you!

https://i.imgur.com/QKTkerO.mp4
Sig elements by Manifisto and Heather Papps
Sig File protected by SigLock. do NOT steal this sig!

FluffieDuckie

Splatmaster posted:

The alien craft, bristling with weapons of advanced technological destruction that hummed menacingly from all about it's perimeter, left no doubt in anyone's mind Earth was doomed. And most likely, the SomethingAwful forums, too. The craft hovered a moment as pads on extended metallic rods slid out of the bottom of it. A line framed in light formed, becoming a square that became a doorway that slowly bent down toward the 'Yob. The forum grew silent. After a brief moment that seemed eternal, a tentacled appendage slid out of the craft, almost like an octopus only instead of hooked suckers, there were glowing purple circles that pulsed along the tentacle.

Moderators FluffyDuckie and Alnilam cautioned everyone to stay back. After a moment, the two moderators conversed and came up with a plan. "hockey jockey, would you please come here?" Fluffie asked. hockey jockey did. FluffieDuckie pointed at the tentacle, said something to hockey jockey, and knew what must be done. The tentacle awaited. At the end of is was a strange cylinder of some kind, with a sort of translucent material surrounding it's circumference. Several gouges could clearly be seen. Forums poster hockey jockey gingerly plucked the cylinder from the tentacled appendage and after the briefest of moments, produced a ripping sound as a ribbon of material was ripped off the roll.

He placed the roll back onto the appendage, which slithered into the craft and disappeared. The legs retreated back into the craft, and it left behind a glowing golden box. Earth was saved! There was a note on the box. FluffyDuckie and alnilam read it, and after a moment, revealed the contents of the letter:

"People of Earth,

We bought this roll of packing tape from a Dollar General Store because on the box it said "easy to use". It wasn't. We couldn't get our money back! We were so angry... but you allowed us to load a packing tape gun, and we are happy! It is now easy to use, and we will not have to destroy your world.

Thank You!

Sincerely,

Inside the box was...

future posts, from you!

Thank you for the beautiful sig Machai!

krampster2

Cyberpunkey Monkey posted:

I haven't but just looked it up. It looks about as silly as the Discworld novels, which I liked very much. Perhaps I'll check it out.

Also if Piers Anthony is reading this, pm me for some more magical ideas.

Cyberpunkey Monkey

by Nyc_Tattoo
It is def. in the same vein as Pratchett's stuff. I probably would have read more Pratchett early on, but I started with the Young Adult section alphabetically. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Another submission to the thread topic: Can breathe fire, but only enough to like light a joint or a cig if they stick it down their throat a little bit.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

kalel

A real lightbulb appears over your head when you have a good idea, which you can collect and use later

Macnult

Roxanne by The Police is playing
*grabs marshmallows and soda*
time to shine

City of Glompton

ability to re-carbonate a flat soda (can't make it cold though, bummer)

thank you PSP for the beautiful spring sig

BoldFrankensteinMir

The power to tell what a vending machine is sold out of the night before in dreams.

Marta Velasquez

The power to know whether or not you left the stove on, but only when you're already on your way home

BoldFrankensteinMir

The power to make big dogs slide around on hardwood floors using your mind.

Barking Gecko

Mahoro says, "Naughty things are bad."
The power to stop the gas pump on a whole number of dollars without going over.

BoldFrankensteinMir

The power to hold farts in so long they become burps.

Barking Gecko

Mahoro says, "Naughty things are bad."

BoldFrankensteinMir posted:

The power to hold farts in so long they become burps.

That could be a spicy superpower, depending on what you had for dinner.

BoldFrankensteinMir

Barking Gecko posted:

That could be a spicy superpower, depending on what you had for dinner.

My powers are made nigh uncontrollable by kimchi, there was a whole Crisis about it in the eighties.

Marta Velasquez

The power to make your fart come out of somebody else's butt

canyoneer

I only have canyoneyes for you
the power to be able to tell whether clothes will fit you without trying them on

canyoneer

I only have canyoneyes for you
being able to shut off the gasoline pump at exactly the round or funny number you want

BoldFrankensteinMir

The power to percieve all of time as a series of English muffins, toasting and untoasting, being spread/unspread with an infinite array of jams finding infinite nooks and crannies.

FutonForensic

still looking cool while having an orgasm

Luvcow

One day nearer spring
*dog orgasms*

not ready

the ability to slow or speed up time but you can only speed it up when you’re having fun and can only slow it down when you’re hating every moment.

FutonForensic

the ability to walk into a petting zoo with a jar of peanut butter and not having people ask so many goddamn questions

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
The ability to, at will, turn a yo-yo into a yo...

https://i.imgur.com/QKTkerO.mp4
Sig elements by Manifisto and Heather Papps
Sig File protected by SigLock. do NOT steal this sig!

Marta Velasquez

The power to replace exactly one frame of any movie you are watching in the theater with goatse

krampster2

Super stretchy arms. But whenever you recoil them from their stretched position, they sling back and slap you in the face.

Peg Sliderskew

Splatmaster posted:

"People of Earth,

Thank You!

Sincerely,

Inside the box was...

future posts, from you!

*Gwyneth Paltrowesque speech about the honour of having a story written about little ol' me goes here*

Courtesy of Manifisto

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Entropic

patriarchy sucks
You can jam a USB plug into a port and you will always get it the right way up on the first try without even looking.

• Locked thread