Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

That warm and fuzzy feeling.

Ivadora -

Having shamefully demonstrated her foreveralone single credentials by gushing over a kitty, Iva decides to put her money where her mouth is and get to work. She had extensive experience collecting piles of dead people, but usually only in the corporeal sense. Some mild looting of the giant scrap heap/tomb while Voth and co are otherwise distracted yields enough material to get the project started. A filter and flytrap of sorts, to lure them on. Once that was done, she did what she could do best on an emotional level, prime the trap by radiating what those lost souls felt most; crushing insanity and sadness.

Engraved on the side of this giant device are the words "This is awful, this is terrible, this is right where I belong." Foreveralone Calls.

Action 1: Using Metal and Meat +2 to use scrap from the orrey to build a soul trap to house all the errant nobodies who have no body.
Action 2: Using Madness and Melancholy+2 to lure them in.
Action 3: Hello Darkness will use Industry+1 to attempt to sort and collect them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

Ivadora -

And now there were so many more to play with, and play she does. Over a rather horrifying song-and-dance, Ivadora attempts to put together some beings based on the Microcosm's bestiary capable of powering the soul vats. When she gets something functional, she transfers what's left of the soul stash over.

Meanwhile Hello Darkness, ordered not to eat any more of the inhabitants, is ordered to lay out infrastructure for future building.

Action 1: Using Metal and Meat +2 transform and breed enough bioorganic beasties (uh, while avoiding using the crew or anything sapient) from the microcosm to build a reliable power/electrical system.
Action 2: Using Insight+2 to hook the soul storage up and fill it with the souls we collected.
Action 3: Hello Darkness will use Industry+1 to clean up the Mircocosm and prepare it for future expansion

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

Ivadora -

Spending time on dissolving hellballs probably isn't a good idea, but Iva takes time to tour it and some of the stranger areas that have popped up. Meanwhile, Darkness pokes around where he is not wanted back on the Microcosm.

Action 1: Exploring Heart's Reach for anything useful, or any survivors, just on a lark. Prowess+2 for a primarily physical task?
Action 2: Poking the machine in the temple with Insight+2
Action 3: Hello Darkness will use Insight+2 to investigate the black goo animating so many of the creatures on the Microcosm, while trying to avoid being smacked by VOTH.

Ronwayne fucked around with this message at Jul 17, 2018 around 12:27

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

Ivadora 5/10 Hubris

PREVIOUSLY, ON THE CRASH:

Ivadora spends a lot of her time literally coughing her lungs out. First phlegm, then blood, then a horrible tar substance that might be aeons of smokes coming back to haunt her. Through it, she see her lovely little imp begging for help. Taking time to grab it from the dumpster of the Microcosm, she sets sights on new things.

"Boss, what are you going to do with it?" Iva and Darkness stare at the swirling mass of Majakazumiís Magical Scrapball. Iva cracks her knuckles and smiles. "Oh, many things, but first, let's get to know it, and then let's make it home."

Action 1: Exploring Majakazumiís Magical Scrapball with Insight+2
Action 2: Hello Darkness shuts down the trash maker per our discussion with Industry+1
Action 3: Starting construction of a domain temple to Meat and Metal+2 using the Jury Rig aspect using the parts from the Microcosm. Banking the sensory organs from the Microcosm by jamming them into a flesh wall for now.

Ronwayne fucked around with this message at Jul 17, 2018 around 12:41

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

Ivadora 5/10 Hubris

"..." Dearie, why is it everytime we meet you're either about to, or already have called the fuzz down on you? The attempted detonation of stars and screaming and whatever the hell." It doesn't make too much sense Iva's caught on, but years of knowing her had given an instinctual advantage of where such bullshit was about to occur. She nods to Siderous, "There, what he said!"

Meanwhile: "Oh, a cloaca here, put the pneumatic press over there, such fun." The blob of mental effluvia applies his engineering in a Pollock style, things scattered all about, but if you're crazy enough, they all fit a pattern.

Action 1: Trying talk Chrys down and to negotiate with the other PCs so they don't kill, maim, or permanently incarcerate her and basically get her released on probation. Prowess+2?
Action 2: Don't know what follows, but if there are any mourners to be wrapped up, trying to get them to settle down with Madness and Melancholy+2
Action 3: Hello Darkness tries to keep working on the temple with Industry+1 .

Ronwayne fucked around with this message at Jul 21, 2018 around 12:51

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

Ivadora 5/10 Hubris - The Scrapball

With that little family dispute taken care of for now (Iva was a big believer in social problems being solved by one or more parties loving off for an indeterminate amount of time.), she now had business back "home".

Darkness had earned his keep for now, and it appeared the temple was now up and running, and she had a particular piece of scrap she wanted to look at. But how would she access a computer part when all such devices are dead?

Using the concept that the simplest choice is the best, one giant biomechanical horror of meat and scrap metal later, Iva smiles as it bursts forth from its larvael skin, takes the plate in hand, inserts it into its maw, and with scritchy, scratching noises, begins to decipher the plate. She awaits the dot-matrix printer embedded in its "neck" to begin spitting out a result any time now.

Regardless of the result, Iva decides to take a very, very, careful poke at Chrys' grenades.

Darkness, meanwhile, goes somewhere to get his injury looked at. "HEY, I HEARD THIS WAS A HOSPITAL. HAVE WE REINVENTED SEXY NURSE LADIES YET CONFIRM/DENY?"

Action 1: Building a biomonster to read the hd plate with Metal and Meat +3
Action 2: Investigating the grenades with Insight+2
Action 3: Hello Darkness will crash at the hospital if possible. If the beds are occupied he'll just kinda investigate the place. (Recovery for the liver injury)

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

Ivadora 5/10 Hubris - The Ancient Castle, Hello Darkness - Reclamation Station

Iva, somehow, manages to both skip and skitter through the halls of the Ancient Castle. Tales of the Imperial Lady still wrung in her ears, and she excitedly yet cautiously decides to see what there is to learn about the woman who invented catgut* instruments.

*humanoid god gut, actually, none of Iva's heroes would ever hurt a kitty.

*MEANWHILE*

"WOO, SHINY STUFF WE GOT THERE. SPIDER DUDES? ALRIGHT THEN." Hello Darkness is a kid in a candy shop, his corrosive touch causing ancient machines that have functioned for untold aeons to go haywire in an instant. "I'M A GOOD PERSON WHO HELPS." Molten metal breaks free from its container, spilling everywhere and consuming everything it touches.

Action 1: Investigating Ancient Castle for rumors of the Imperial Lady with Insight+2
Action 2: Investigating the facilities within either Insight+2, or Metal and Meat+2
Action 3: Hello Darkness is going to gently caress around on Reclamation station trying to see what he can do with Industry+1

Ronwayne fucked around with this message at Jul 31, 2018 around 06:51

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

Ivadora 5/10 Hubris - Mothership Carrier, Hello Darkness - Reclamation Station

"Dude, don't ask, just do." Iva slinks in alongside of Voth and helps out with whatever that needs working with. A disturbing mass of metalicized flesh oozes from her wrist into the nearest control panel. "Let's see what we got in here."

*MEANWHILE*

"WHOA ROBODUDES YO OW NOT COOL. DON'T PUSH ME BRO, I KNOW THE SEVEN SWAN BACKHAND SLAP, THE ONE THE SAPPHIC NINJA SQUAD USES IN KUNIOCHI gently caress-TEMPLE VI? I FELT THE FILM HELPED ME GET IN TOUCH WITH MY FEMININE SIDE, THAT KUNG FU YOGA poo poo THEY DO LET'S THEM BEND IN ALL SORTS OF AMAZING WAYS AND-OW, gently caress OW, that HURT. OK SHITPEELS HERE IT COMES GET READY TO GET FUKKKKK'D HULAGULAGULAGULAGH."

Action 1: Investigating Mothership for what things do Insight+2
Action 2: Interfacing with the controls with Metal and Meat+3
Action 3: Hello Darkness is gonna WRASSLE' with Prowess+2

Ronwayne fucked around with this message at Aug 4, 2018 around 14:30

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

Ivadora 8/10 Hubris, lvl 1 heart injury (2/4 healing) - Scrapball, Hello Darkness - Reclamation Station

"That...was a long strange trip." Iva absolutely refused to be a mother or a mother figure. Any creating life would be in the context of a weird, semi-neglectful aunt. But first things first, there were ASSHOLES loving with HER NEW LAIR.

*MEANWHILE*

"AWWOOOOO TRAIN KEEPS A ROLLIN' ALL NIGHT LONG"

Action 1: Stomping on the Guardians around the scrapball with Gangrene for Metal and Meat+4
Action 2: If that is insufficient, THIS TRAIN DON'T STOP, and I do it again, otherwise, I consult the frog for the HD readout.
Action 3: Hello Darkness will continue to tussle with everything that gets in his way in the vicinity of the Station Prowess+2

Ronwayne fucked around with this message at Aug 12, 2018 around 21:50

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

Ivadora 8/10 Hubris, lvl 1 heart injury (2/4 healing) - Scrapball and Hello Darkness - Reclamation Station

Tired. So. drat. Tired. Part of the bar's set up is an automated street taco and burrito dispensing machine, one of the perks of having Meat as your domain means, well, you know where the meat is coming from. Downside, its kinda like chewing your own nails, but Iva chewed her to a bloody nub anyways, so w/e. She sits there and cries while eating, wishing there was someone to talk to other than the lovely voices in her head made manifest. The ambrosia goes on like secret sauce. The creation nectar of the universe makes for good imitation cheese.

*MEANWHILE*

"WHOO, WHERE'S EVERYONE GOING? CAT? OH WELL SACRED, LOST KNOWLEDGE, GET MY DRIFT. HOLES OF THE PRECURSORS III: THE LUBED ZIGGARAUT, ETC ETC...Fun Times" HD looks around the place and his eyes light up.

Action 1: Mediate and down some ambrosia.
Action 2: More meditating
Action 3: Hello Darkness will start building a temple to his Industry+1, but Iva may nix or hijack that in the future..

Ronwayne fucked around with this message at Aug 19, 2018 around 17:25

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

Ivadora 1/10 Hubris, 3 Ambrosia) - Scrapball and Hello Darkness - Reclamation Station

Oh hey, what'serface is awake. Iva may have to face an eviction notice, again, sometime in the near future. In the meantime, there was the peal the lady there wanted her to do? 'Zumi, can I call you that? What if I told you about an idea I had for a community...we may need to get technical. The squishy bits most mortals used to have don't do it for me."

*MEANWHILE*

"WE AIN'T DONE YET. WHERE'S THE SOUND SYSTEM?" A broken bot nearby makes an earsplitting trilling noice and then falls off a cliff into a vat of boiling metal. "SICK DROP"

Action 1: Talking with Majakazumi and getting plans for building The Body Shop, a facility for the biomechanical modification and creation of beings. Let's get the mortal train started again. Not sure if Insight+2 or Metal and Meat+3 is more appropriate here. Using Carve the Beast for the dead outsiders/mourners we carved up awhile ago for spare parts.
Action 2: Metal and Meat+3 and Gangrene's increase Effect as a result of an action using it to continue to work on it.
Action 3: Hello Darkness will continue to build a temple to his Industry+1

Ronwayne fucked around with this message at Aug 28, 2018 around 07:25

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

Ivadora 1/10 Hubris, 3 Ambrosia) - Scrapball and Hello Darkness - Reclamation Station

Well, that's certainly a horrible little abomination. Ivadora was reminded why she was always hesitant to do this creation goddess bullshit. "Okay...sit. Stay? Also, I'm not your mom, think of my as uh, your aunt. A crazy absentee aunt who accepts no responsibility for anything ever is a lot better tolerated than moms pulling the same poo poo. Iva squints. "Where the hell am I going to put you folks?"

*MEANWHILE*

"What's the point of a temple, if there's no one here besides the congregation to tell me how awesome I am?!" Heaps of trash, metal, and excreta pile high as Hello Darkness tunnels deep and begins throwing up walls and enclosures.

Action 1: Finishing up the mortals with Metal and Meat+3
Action 2: If they're not done, doing it again, otherwise, Working on a city on Reclamation Station with Madness and Melancholy+2, It'll be a cheery place.
Action 3: Hello Darkness will also work on building the city on the Station with his Industry+2

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

Ivadora 1/10 Hubris, 3 Ambrosia) and Hello Darkness - Reclamation Station

"If the pillar wants to rumble, we do it, but on OUR terms, I ain't waiting for it." Iva decides to greet the horrible brain eating entity from another dimension by tastefully decorating for her guest, by which she means dumping a sea of horrific psychic miasma over the emerging form of Keep Moving, a sort of welcome party for the mortals already killing each other in the street just to feel something.

*MEANWHILE, completely ignoring everything going on*

"I AM KING OF THE MOUNTAIN (OF poo poo)"

Action 1: Setting the stage for the Pillar's arrival with Madness and Melancholy+2
Action 2: If I succeed in drawing it out and/or sneaking up, stabbing with Metal and Meat+3 , with Gangrene boosting the effect.
Action 3: Hello Darkness will finish up the city with his Industry+2

Ronwayne fucked around with this message at Sep 9, 2018 around 23:21

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

Ivadora 1/10 Hubris, 3 Ambrosia)- Heart's Fury and Hello Darkness - Reclamation Station

Iva's eye twitches. Another broken, twitching body, albiet one that had tried to kill her. Then again, so had that lady? Then again, that lady was at least halfway apologetic about it, and that fight kinda just happened, this rear end in a top hat had gone out of his way to track her down. Well, he had found her. Fa's there watching, Iva's not sure what she's going to do but, you know, what did those normal people always go on about? Oh yeah, "Poetic justice". Maybe behaving normally would make Fa think more highly over her.

Having sawn the Pillar's skull open (not Fa, the other one), Iva chows down on raw brain matter like a starving dog. "HORK GLORK, SLRUP, GLUK". She raises her arms and smiles triumphantly at Fa. "That's Irony!"

Later, after probably much confusion and awkwardness, Iva pays another visit to Heart's Ease. VOTH appeared to have patched it up pretty well but, you know, nothing good came from here in the first place. And the request to help up with his own clique of mortals, some variant of cops as well, well that wasn't pleasent, but she thought at least she had a say in how they went about it.

Iva sighs when she sees the set up, she's going to have to completely rework the change and rebirth thing to work with Order. Oh well, nothing for it. She unironically tries to do the job as best she can, albeit with some caveats. She had no doubt VOTH would give them tons of commandments, so a few more wouldn't hurt. As she works and forms and moulds them into good little goons, she pulls out Grangrene and uses it to saw through a bundle of sticks around an axe before tossing it into the mix.

In short:

-Sensitive and slightly introverted, these creatures prefer finding consensus to dominating others
-If seeking to use force to control the actions of others, they immediately have extreme empathy for that person. Dehumanizing (or depersonizing or whatever) others or sociopathy, learned or natural, is impossible.
-Incapable of taking an action they believe is immoral even if a higher authority commands it, and will attempt to overthrow an authority they believe is corrupt or authoritarian
-If someone asks if they're a cop, they have to say "Yes."

*Meanwhile*

Across the known remaining universe, spires of oil and fumes sprout. "I'M PROUD TO HELP. It's my job to help those less brilliant than myself spread the good word of Civilization. THE GREASE MAN'S BURDEN and all." A throbbing pustule, the size of a city block erupts, festooned with noodle shops, loan shark offices and Cash 4 Gold set ups. "Never forget who brough you."

Taking +1 to Madness and Melancholy from the pillar
Action 1: Finishing the Mantis men with a two parter, using both Metal and Meat+3 for the forms and then
Action 2: Mucking with their empathy levels with Madness and Melancholy+3 , with Gangrene boosting the effect, again.

---
Action 3 and both Maintenance Rolls: Hello Darkness will travel about the map helping others complete his projects his Industry+2, starting with Fa's planet city. Heads up, this might result in your projects having a very...Hello Darkness feel. 3 rolls total.

Ronwayne fucked around with this message at Sep 16, 2018 around 15:20