Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RosemaryCuba
Jun 30, 2018

President, Sewer-Mutant Republic
... because they had piled up and my
roommate wasn’t doing anything about it even though I washed the dishes last time but apparently the rule is whoever gets tired of the reeking scent of tomato juice and milk mixed into one putrid cesspool has to clean it, some retarded, sewer mutant version of chicken. Anyway, as I was washing dishes, I had to get my sponge into a cup and didn’t have one of those sponge handle things, so I used a form to jimmy it down there and ended up ruining my fork with sponge fluff and fluffing my sponge to the point of equal uselessness. I was so upset, I literally set it down and walked away.

I’m furious. I literally just lost a sponge and a fork. I’m genuinely considering billing my roommate the cost of both (sponge would be 25c as it was in a four pack for a dollar, probably a buck for the spoon) because it was HIS stupidity and inactivity that cost me that loving fork. He FORCED me into that.

Do I potentially have grounds to sue?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr
Clean the fork? Maybe?

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

gagelion rereg

Jikes
Dec 18, 2005

candy of the ocean
somebody's re-reg anyway

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

OP what does the scientific term "testicular torsion" mean to you and why?

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
one of the worst banmes ive ever read

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

Do you have a seam on your scrotum OP I feel like people have been trolling me about this subject

RosemaryCuba
Jun 30, 2018

fishing with the fam posted:

Clean the fork? Maybe?

The fork can be cleaned but what about my sponge? and the yellow poo poo everywhere? and again, HE WAS SUPPOSED TO DO THEM.

I feel like you’re all missing the crux of this.

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

RosemaryCuba posted:

The fork can be cleaned but what about my sponge? and the yellow poo poo everywhere? and again, HE WAS SUPPOSED TO DO THEM.

I feel like you’re all missing the crux of this.
Can I come over?

RosemaryCuba
Jun 30, 2018

a hole-y ghost posted:

Can I come over?

To fix this?
We could probably hang out after. If you judge in my favor.

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Oh no, I don't know anything about washing dishes. I'll bring a roll of toilet paper if that helps

EdwardSwifferhands
Apr 27, 2008

I will probably lick whatever you put in front of me.
I liked how the fork turned into a spoon in the middle of the story and then back again later. You've really got a knack for authenticity. If you're going to make up a story make it something good dumbass.

EdwardSwifferhands
Apr 27, 2008

I will probably lick whatever you put in front of me.
Or at least rehearse your lies until they become second nature. Didn't your deadbeat dad teach you anything?

Chemtrailologist
Jul 8, 2007
Sponges are bacteria factories. Don't use sponges for cleaning.

The Dennis System
Aug 4, 2014

Nothing in Jurassic World is natural, we have always filled gaps in the genome with the DNA of other animals. And if the genetic code was pure, many of them would look quite different. But you didn't ask for reality, you asked for more teeth.
Get a dishwasher lol

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺

Ego-bot posted:

You can mitigate this somewhat by nuking them in water before you use them but in general this is good advice

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

fishing with the fam posted:

Clean the fork? Maybe?

:fork:

Crash_N_Burn
Apr 19, 2014

Malcolm Turnbeug posted:

You can mitigate this somewhat by nuking them in water before you use them but in general this is good advice

lol yeah ok. next you'll tell me the 3 second rule doesn't exist and its not actually safe to eat anything off the ground no matter how delicious it is

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

myDad
Jan 20, 2010

ce n'est pas ma mère
College Slice
do you have a nintendo switch? i wanna play mario

Jikes
Dec 18, 2005

candy of the ocean

Malcolm Turnbeug posted:

the best thing I've found are net scourer cloths. They have an open weave so they dry off in minutes after using, they don't absorb water or harbor germs, they can clean off even hardened stuff and they don't scratch your nice enamelware

a scourer cloth + bartender's friend will take anything off, even if you burn a pot really badly

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
I have a dishwasher OP.

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

use yer callused mitts its what they're there for

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

for every albert einstein that is born we get 1000s of these

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Hector Beerlioz posted:

for every albert einstein that is born we get 1000s of these
thank goodness for small miracles

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum
itt op learns the horrors of renting and also gets angry about a sponge

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

marathon Stairmaster sesh
Apr 28, 2009

ALL HAIL CEO NUGGET
1988-PRESENT

Even an idiot like me knows that if you don't have a sponge brush, you go with the dishrag when washing cups.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
its like robert frost said, 'when you come to a fork in the road, wash it'

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

OP sounds poor

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y7JkaU0QE9A

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum

1redflag posted:

OP sounds poor

tomato juice and milk was the recipe lol

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
Whose rereg are you?

lilbeanbear
Jun 30, 2018

by FactsAreUseless
Please post a picture of your kitchen OP. Thanks

Doctor Dogballs
Apr 1, 2007

driving the fuck truck from hand land to pound town without stopping at suction station

Wish the OP's parents had just spooned instead of forked

Doctor Dogballs
Apr 1, 2007

driving the fuck truck from hand land to pound town without stopping at suction station

Just kidding OP.

RosemaryCuba posted:

HE WAS SUPPOSED TO DO THEM.

Sadly most of us have been where you are and can tell you there's probably no use trying to talk to your roommate about their lovely behavior. I don't know your roommate but I would bet he probably is not mature enough to react especially well to being confronted with his own flaws, especially if that confrontation would result in him ending up having to do more chores.

Lord Frankenstyle
Dec 3, 2005

Mmmm,
You smell like Lysol Wipes.
I had lovely roommates too, so I just got real rich and now I don't need those anymore. So go be rich now.

Matlack Radio
Jun 2, 2006

Ego-bot posted:

What do you use instead?

mazzi Chart Czar
Sep 24, 2005
In a court of law, I think you can kill him in self defense? I don't know. Try it and find out?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

I have a very small TV. Don't make fun of it! Please don't shame it like that~

Grimey Drawer

The Dennis System posted:

Get a dishwasher lol

This. For a long time i refused to get one because washing up was "not that bad". Then I got one and realized how wrong i had been. Doing dishes sucks rear end.

• Locked thread