Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
I move that cat hat be renamed senator scrowie

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
I am going to be $500 out of pocket Friday because Centrelink hasn't ticked a box against our activity changes in a fortnight, even though I did all the initial application process two months ago and it was approved so I'm all on board the new system, and they expect people to be updating their activity circumstances on the fly from now until forever because you can't future-date your activity changes- only back date them.

I want to put a bottle rocket up Christian Porter's anus, bend him over so he's mouthing Birmingham's anus, and so forth through cabinet MPs in an obvious IP infringement of the human centipede but I'm going to claim fair use as satire.

G-Spot Run fucked around with this message at 13:42 on Jul 2, 2018

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
Our household income is under 40k annually right now so I'm happy to include the people who sooked about their 350k incomes not stretching far enough in this fire crackin crack party.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

https://twitter.com/Foone/status/1012789232555864064

:hmmyes:

NTRabbit fucked around with this message at 14:46 on Jul 2, 2018

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug

i've been saying this for years

Don Dongington
Sep 27, 2005

#ideasboom
College Slice
This throws my whole worldview into turmoil.

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

We Have Important Work To Do

G-Spot Run posted:

I am going to be $500 out of pocket Friday because Centrelink hasn't ticked a box against our activity changes in a fortnight, even though I did all the initial application process two months ago and it was approved so I'm all on board the new system, and they expect people to be updating their activity circumstances on the fly from now until forever because you can't future-date your activity changes- only back date them.

I want to put a bottle rocket up Christian Porter's anus, bend him over so he's mouthing Birmingham's anus, and so forth through cabinet MPs in an obvious IP infringement of the human centipede but I'm going to claim fair use as satire.

:siren: yellow light :siren:

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

We Have Important Work To Do
You have to weeks to learn to recite the gematria to a representative in store or your payments will be stopped DO NOT REPLY TO THIS MESSAGE

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

A contract signed by a minor is not binding!
composting whole corpses is a nightmare, better to render the corpse down for fertiliser directly.

Don Dongington
Sep 27, 2005

#ideasboom
College Slice
IMO we just put them to work in manufacturing in order to cater for our UNQUENCHABLE THIRST FOR GREEN BAGS

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

:obama:My first car was a stick:obama:
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-07-02/apvma-allows-some-staff-to-remain-in-canberra/9930670

quote:

The agency that former deputy prime minister Barnaby Joyce demanded move to his own electorate has been forced to maintain a Canberra office amid fears staff departures would risk its ability to do its job.
The chemical and pesticides regulator, Australian Pesticides and Veterinary Medicines Authority (APVMA), will allow about a quarter of its staff to keep working from its Canberra office, while the remainder will work from Armidale in regional NSW.
There has been a high turnover of staff, including the departure of the former chief executive, since Mr Joyce announced the move during the 2016 election.

The authority had 198 staff at the end of June 2016, but since then at least 110 of its employees have departed, including 33 regulatory scientists.

Its purpose-built offices are expected to be finished by the middle of 2019 and would house about 150 staff.

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003
So you want to relocate a business to another location and you build offices that are significantly smaller than the current requirements. Even assuming your decision doesn't cause a mass exodus of staff this sounds like a solid business plan, clearly the adults are in charge!

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
https://twitter.com/7NewsSydney/status/1013338824804425729?s=19

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

:obama:My first car was a stick:obama:
what the poo poo

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

I like how Centrelink is going to be this robo debt face scanning phone flashing monster

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

loving what

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

let's invade New Zealand, they have oil

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

looking forward to when welfare applicants need to rock up to the local cop shop for fingerprinting and dna swab before they're eligible for half of minimum wage

Dimebag
Jul 12, 2004
It's not like the press is going to call them out on this poo poo, just helps them carve a new narrative on those vulnerable people dole bludgers.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
They're just building the database for Mal's bludger busting drone fleet.

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.
I sure am glad we're spending the billions of dollars on fancy tech to stop people getting a coupla bucks a fortnight.

Don Dongington
Sep 27, 2005

#ideasboom
College Slice
Labor basically have a free kick on this one, over the terrible ROI for basically everything the Coalition do with regard to Centrelink.

But they won't do poo poo because half of them are into it.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

There has to be some system for managing and assessing who is accessing nearly $200b in welfare, but this is a stupid way to do it compared to like any other alternative.

especially if they're mainly going to focus on unemployment benefits since that's such a small chunk

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

I bought something on line last night from overseas and it added GST on I'm super angry because I forgot this was even going to be a thing.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.

JBP posted:

There has to be some system for managing and assessing who is accessing nearly $200b in welfare, but this is a stupid way to do it compared to like any other alternative.

especially if they're mainly going to focus on unemployment benefits since that's such a small chunk

Kill anyone as soon as they’re eligible to receive the OAP (based solely on age, liquidation is not means tested),seize their assets. There I just solved your budget problem.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Solemn Sloth posted:

Kill anyone as soon as they’re eligible to receive the OAP (based solely on age, liquidation is not means tested),seize their assets. There I just solved your budget problem.

I agree. I've always supported a Logan's Run style limited lifespan.

Cartoon
Jun 20, 2008

poop
A shameful byproduct of cat hat's slut shaming is the response by sky news in

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-07-02/david-leyonhjelm-refuses-to-apologise-sarah-hanson-young/9931386

quote:

The organisation suspended a producer, pending an internal investigation, but Senator Leyonhjelm said he did not agree with that decision.

That 'producer' was a junior female ap. The presenters who were sniggering as cat hat hosed up appallingly? NADDA. Well if you don't count their belated and self serving apology.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

The Coalition is trying to turn Centrelink into a robot that climbs through your window and murders you.

Don Dongington
Sep 27, 2005

#ideasboom
College Slice

JBP posted:

Problem is this is the same as their work on asylum seekers. They think that by spending billions terrorising a handful of individuals who ARE THERE BECAUSE THEY HAD gently caress ALL FOR CHOICES will prevent them from trying to access unemployment benefits/disability or seek asylum. They can't wrap their silver spoonfed heads around the concept that people don't end up on the dole because they mean to, or end up fleeing persecution and war because they cbf waiting in a queue (that doesn't actually exist anymore).

Edit: And if the ALP don't vote it through without question, the Media has a 7-way tag team on them for 3 weeks until they capitulate.

Dude McAwesome
Sep 30, 2004

Still better than a Ponytar

Anidav posted:

The Coalition is trying to turn Centrelink into a robot that climbs through your window and murders you.

And how are they going to fund this? They better not touch MY PENSION, which ISN’T WELFARE because I worked for 3 years in the 1970s.

*posted from one of my many negatively geared houses*

Hollandia
Jul 27, 2007

rattus rattus

Grimey Drawer

Solemn Sloth posted:

Imagine how garbage you have to be to have people rallying behind Sarah Hanson young against you, Jesus

What's terrible about SHY? Genuine question.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.

Hollandia posted:

What's terrible about SHY? Genuine question.

She’s basically the worst student politics element of the greens given corporeal form

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?

Solemn Sloth posted:

She’s basically the worst student politics element of the greens given corporeal form

People keep accusing her and then not providing any details or evidence.

From what I heard this morning on RN, she’s had enough and Littleproud is about to get served. Hopefully he gets bankrupted.

Dude McAwesome
Sep 30, 2004

Still better than a Ponytar

Comstar posted:

From what I heard this morning on RN, she’s had enough and Littleproud is about to get served. Hopefully he gets bankrupted.

Littleproud or Lionhat?

Don Dongington
Sep 27, 2005

#ideasboom
College Slice

Comstar posted:

You just know it's 9/10ths that she's female and young but not "pretty" like Larissa Waters or a battle-hardened warrior like Rachael Siewart so she gets poo poo on repeatedly by supposed "woke" activist men who really couldn't give a poo poo about a women who they wouldn't gently caress or doesn't remind them of their mum.

Friendly Fire
Dec 29, 2004
All my friends got me for my birthday was this stupid custom title. Fuck my friends.

Solemn Sloth posted:

To be fair, that's still better than 95% of our sitting politicians.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Don Dongington posted:

You just know it's 9/10ths that she's female and young but not "pretty" like Larissa Waters or a battle-hardened warrior like Rachael Siewart so she gets poo poo on repeatedly by supposed "woke" activist men who really couldn't give a poo poo about a women who they wouldn't gently caress or doesn't remind them of their mum.

This is my assumption.

Jonah Galtberg
Feb 11, 2009

The most 'substantiated' thing I've heard said about her is that she's power-hungry, which is not a good thing (assuming it's true) but also almost certainly true of most of the rest of the parliamentary Greens and every other party

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Don Dongington posted:

She was loving annoying initially but settled into her job and is pretty good now imo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Les Affaires
Nov 15, 2004

Dude McAwesome posted:

Littleproud or Lionhat?

mods please rename me to BigHumble

• Locked thread