Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Convex posted:

Resident Evil 4 HD texture project is also out on 13th July, finally covers the entire game + mercs. Looks loving amazing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yUcd2DDykOM

In case you haven't been following it, these guys (2 of them I think) actually went out and found the actual real world places where Capcom took photos for their textures, and took their own hi-def versions for this. It's literally the best HD remaster I think I've ever seen and it's completely free (and approved by Capcom themselves apparently)

now if they could only add loving subtitles to the game it'd be perfect

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Sakurazuka posted:

I've never played any of them so I'm gonna get both.

Also it probably works out better for Capcom just to split them up evenly regardless of quality so that people can just pick up the one instead of unevenly and pissing off people.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
also neither collection has mega man x: command mission this is bullshit

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=unNx70RUHyM

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Has is been brought up in the game chat thread that Jim Carrey is in talks to be playing Eggman in the Sonic movie? because for some reason Jim Carrey is in talks to play Eggman in the Sonic movie.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Also, the RHEM guy made a new game. Its about music, and I have no idea if it's good because I only found out yesterday and pretty much nobody has played it

https://store.steampowered.com/app/768270/Lisssn/

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

you didn't name the thread "the cake is july" you coward

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

The Gamecube controller is a piece of poo poo and it's irresponsible for Nintendo to keep rereleaseing it because of how badly it fucks up people's hands.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

the gc controller is good

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
The GC Controller is comfortable and good for the games made for it but the ways it' differs from the way controllers ended up going are really bad, don't really improve even the games it was made for and make it a chore when playing a game not made for it. Basically it had a good analog stick (though that only applies to the left one) and a comfortable shape and everything else was bad.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

What albums does Hodeo Kojumbo listen to

Jumba Wumba, no question.

glam rock hamhock posted:

Has is been brought up in the game chat thread that Jim Carrey is in talks to be playing Eggman in the Sonic movie? because for some reason Jim Carrey is in talks to play Eggman in the Sonic movie.

Is he gonna paint in the movie about how much he HATES THAT HEDGEHOG?

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

What albums does Hodeo Kojumbo listen to

Anything as long as it's on an extremely expensive Japan-exclusive physical CD. See also movies, just replace CD with Blu-ray.

Convex
Aug 19, 2010
GC pad is the most comfortable I've used til the PS4 one.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Wii remote/nunchuk and Switch controllers are the most comfortable because they allow relaxing gaming positions previously thought impossible

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
octoman travels is gonna be good I like the demo a lot

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

octopath traveler comes out the day before my birthday

good gift

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Hello July Chat

I started playing ArmA 3 again. It’s still game of the generation

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

the pre-dualshock 4 shape suddenly became incredibly uncomfortable to me in anything but menu-based games, so gamecube still winnning there

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I just finished MGSV

...what?

I don't understand anything.

E:

wait... was that only half the loving game????

OwlFancier fucked around with this message at 16:13 on Jul 1, 2018

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Kojumbo’d again

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
If you don’t love me at my Hodeo you don’t deserve me at my Kojumbo

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
I know it's early in the morning but the thread title is just making me think of gumbo and I"m like goddamn it if only my best friend was here, he makes kick rear end gumbo.

Communist Bear
Oct 7, 2008

OwlFancier posted:

I just finished MGSV

...what?

I don't understand anything.

E:

wait... was that only half the loving game????

Are you daring to question hodeo kojimbo grand visionary experience and excellence how dare you sir!

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I haven't played a metal gear game since 2, and I'm really loving confused.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Another soul experiences the phantom pain. Hideo a genius

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

You should play MGS3

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Damnit, Hollow Knight keeps crashing on me during the boss of the game and the thing is aggregating enough that I'm reluctant to put all that much effort in right now

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I mean, I'm kind of glad in a way because I was enjoying the game a lot, and I also like the look of these hardmode missions because the game is fairly easy unless you go out of your way to make it harder.

But, like, I don't really understand why the final boss comes partway through the game, why not make it harder earlier or something??

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
happy birthday, superior birthday havers

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

GUI posted:

Diggin how the Megaman X collection is being cut up into two separate products. Capcom :allears:

the images on the switch eshop look like there's a weird smoothing filter on the 2d games, is that an actual thing? it looks gross

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Most things like that have smoothers but they can pretty much always be turned off

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
They should've put X5 in Vol. 1 and added Command Mission to Vol. 2, the way it is right now I almost want to get both. I won't, but it's kinda unnerving.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I initially wrote a lot of text here but it just resulted in me having to explain more and more about the situation at hand so I'm just going to try to keep this as simple and short as possible.

If you are friends (not best friends but more definitely more than acquaintances) with someone who was most definitely in something that can be described as an unhealthy relationship, is it okay to want to talk to them about that, or do you feel it is better to let them be because while you know it is unhealthy, you don't really have any business poking around in their relationship?

Additionally, if you don't think it's right to poke around and tell her your thoughts, does it suddenly become fine to tell her your thoughts if she accuses you of being in an unhealthy relationship first?

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Looper posted:

Canada Day is today, thank u

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

Looper posted:

Happy :canada: Day!

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

OwlFancier posted:

I mean, I'm kind of glad in a way because I was enjoying the game a lot, and I also like the look of these hardmode missions because the game is fairly easy unless you go out of your way to make it harder.

But, like, I don't really understand why the final boss comes partway through the game, why not make it harder earlier or something??

Why do you claim that is the final boss

(Realtalk act 2 is not as long as it looks, you don't actually have to do any of the repeat missions to progress)

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Why do you claim that is the final boss

(Realtalk act 2 is not as long as it looks, you don't actually have to do any of the repeat missions to progress)

Like, narratively, the whole game is structured around you fighting the big giant robot and beating up skullyboy.

Then you do that and the game keeps going?

It's just weird.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Spoilers: it isnt

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

FirstAidKite posted:

I initially wrote a lot of text here but it just resulted in me having to explain more and more about the situation at hand so I'm just going to try to keep this as simple and short as possible.

If you are friends (not best friends but more definitely more than acquaintances) with someone who was most definitely in something that can be described as an unhealthy relationship, is it okay to want to talk to them about that, or do you feel it is better to let them be because while you know it is unhealthy, you don't really have any business poking around in their relationship?

Additionally, if you don't think it's right to poke around and tell her your thoughts, does it suddenly become fine to tell her your thoughts if she accuses you of being in an unhealthy relationship first?

that's a really tricky situation because of how easy it is for your friend to start getting real defensive and see you as the bad guy if you express doubts about the relationship they still have faith in. like ultimately they have to come to that realization themself, no matter how terrible it is from the outside

however if someone accuses you of being in an unhealthy relationship, turning around and accusing them of the same thing is almost certainly a one-way ticket to bad times and hurt feelings

• Locked thread