Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ScottyJSno
Aug 16, 2010

日本が大好きです!

rickiep00h posted:

I’d love to see a Japanese ump come over here and see how long it takes for the players to walk all over him.

Easy now that's a big brush to be painting with.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ScottyJSno
Aug 16, 2010

日本が大好きです!

rickiep00h posted:

As soon as players and managers catch the drift that they won’t get ejected they’ll argue any and everything because they’re gigantic children. The game would grind to a halt.

Unless people took something else from the “American ump enforces rules differently from the foreign league he’s in and it has predictable comedic results” story than I did, I dunno.

Sorry I don't want to derail much but, That article is from 1997 during the height of Japan boom scare and is dumb as gently caress. White people need to save baseball from THEM.

quote:

The Japanese and American versions of baseball are as different as sushi and a McDonald's fish sandwich: the same basic ingredients, but adapted to suit two extremely different cultures ... American major leagues are filled with strong personalities and flashy individual performances. Japanese baseball is cautious and dominated by group behavior, with lots of sacrifice bunts, endless on-field conferences and plodding strategy in games that routinely last four hours.

"I don't think I'm going to save Japanese baseball or Japanese umpiring over here in one season. This is probably a first good step. Maybe they're recognizing that they need to change."

Di Muro doesn't speak Japanese and the catcher didn't speak English, but they understood each other.

Maybe I am reading to much into. :shrug:

ScottyJSno
Aug 16, 2010

日本が大好きです!

Carlosologist posted:

If you send someone down to AAA, you have to wait 10 days before you can call them back up. However, you can recall them immediately if there’s an injury and someone has to go on the DL

Most players that are coming up for the first time have options, meaning that a team can send them up and down without exposing them to waivers where any team can claim them. Typically, young players have three option years, but no one is really sure as to what those eligibility rules are. Rule of thumb is that this only affects your marginal players and not really your star young pieces

Hope that helps

So when a player is put on the 40 man roster they will have 3 option years. A option year is used if they spend 20 or more days on a minor league roster. As long as they have option years they can move freely between Majors and the lower levels as much as a team wants. Once all option years are used in order to move a player to the minor leagues the player is put on irrevocable waivers, if no team claims the player they can be moved or traded. But if the Player has five years of major league service time he can refuse demotion and the only thing a team can do is trade, or cut that player.

I love baseball transaction rules. I can't wrap my head around European Soccer. Reserve teams, Under 21 clubs, Loans, And transfer window. :psyboom:

ScottyJSno
Aug 16, 2010

日本が大好きです!

Ein cooler Typ posted:

do you think the Orioles will be relegated to AAA

ohh yeah. A one game loser gets relegated to AAAA Japan playoff with the Royals. :getin:

ScottyJSno
Aug 16, 2010

日本が大好きです!

bawfuls posted:

Long stretches without off days due to make ups for rainouts is the handicap east/central teams must take on to make up for the more demanding travel schedules of western teams

So the Brewers have played 4 more games then the Cubs. I don't know what teams they were against but let's say it was the Mets or some other tanking teams, and they sell off their good players. technically shouldn't the Cubs have an easier schedule then if they play those same teams earlier in the season?

ScottyJSno
Aug 16, 2010

日本が大好きです!
https://twitter.com/MarksReeseWIP/status/1018923478945357824

ScottyJSno
Aug 16, 2010

日本が大好きです!

Goodpancakes posted:

Gentlemen please! gently caress the Yankees

yes and

ScottyJSno
Aug 16, 2010

日本が大好きです!

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Just trade Hader to the Nippon Ham Fighters. Problem solved, Japan expects their foreign talent to behave improperly there.

Huh?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ScottyJSno
Aug 16, 2010

日本が大好きです!

:trumppop:

• Locked thread